My East Coast Cowboy

Story Info
A lovely passionate woman resigned to an unhappy marriage.
12.2k words
4.61
25.7k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was sitting patiently in her kitchen with a cup of coffee waiting for her husband of 15 years. David had been moving about the house in frenzy for the past 2 hours getting ready for his semi-annual fishing trip to Canada. Then she would be free of him for the next 10 days and have the entire house to herself. Their love life was nonexistent and had been for the past five years. David could no longer get an erection and refused to see a doctor or go to the marriage counselor with her. As a matter of fact he put all the blame on her and sometimes she wondered if he were gay. Then there was her best friend Marge's assessment

"David is an imbecile with a good paying job and to call him and imbecile is an upgrade that he doesn't deserve. Just divorce the lump and then move on. All that he is interested in is fishing with his buddies or hunting or skeet and trap shooting with his buddies and snowmobiling with his buddies. My brother Phil is a divorce attorney, let me talk to him for you."

When they were first married David was climbing the career ladder and she was an asset to him. She received hugs and kisses from him then and they went out frequently together particularly with married couples from his company. Now they only attended family functions such marriages or funerals and other things like that. After David's career had peaked they as a couple pretty much ceased to be. Sex with him was never fabulous by any means but it was at least adequate while it lasted or so she thought.

Her perception of adequate was limited by not ever having anything to compare it with because David was her one and only.

The thing that she missed the most wasn't the sex; it was the intimacy and touching; something as simple as holding hands or a hug in public or even someone to talk too about her interests and passions. She tried learning about hunting and fishing and even took and passed the hunter's safety course. She took private lessons from a Certified NRA Range Instructor to learn advanced shooting skills with the shotgun so that she could surprise him and shoot trap and skeet with him. But all she did was make him angry when she out shot him. He told her that it was a guy thing and he needed his space to be with the guys. Well at least she could shoot and handle all firearms safely now, her well oiled 12 gauge over-and-under shotgun figuratively gathering dust in the gun safe.

When David was home he was invariably watching television on the 24 hour sports channel taking his meals there while sitting in his recliner. That was followed by a six pack or more of cheap swill beer within easy reach and not caring if it got warm. He would guzzle can after can until he fell asleep in front of the boob tube and most nights he slept there. On most weekends he was out with his buddies and on Sunday's she attended church without him.

Television and cheap beer were David's preferred mistresses while she felt like a non- person. Correction, make that a servant to a neat lump when at work but when at home an always in need of a shave self-absorbed lump. Then add being fifty pounds overweight exasperated by bad teeth resulting in bad breath that was barely masked by peppermint mouthwash imbecile. Considering that they had the Cadillac of health insurance and dental plans that covered everything including his self imposed impotence what other conclusion can there be?

When he finally sat down to breakfast in front of the TV to get the scores of last night's hockey games she was entertained by the impatient horn honking of his fishing buddies and she dutifully turned her cheek and held her breath to get a peck on the cheek as he rushed out the door and she was thinking "How slim and well groomed he once was and now?"

After he left she did the breakfast dishes and straightened up the kitchen before going upstairs to get dressed. She planned on meeting her girlfriend for brunch and then to attend the Art Show at the new architecturally soulless library. Going to the bathroom she pulled her long hair back temporarily into simple low ponytail and viewed herself in the mirror through gem quality sapphire blue eyes. Her almost blemish free complexion was marred by a small but noticeable one inch scar where she was bitten on the chin by a dog as a child and she touched it and winced.

She saw a youthful face for which she was invariably asked for her ID as proof of age when she ordered an adult beverage in restaurant. Bars and Taverns were establishments that she seldom frequented. Mindy viewed herself as an average looking woman at best although at 35 years of age she was 5 foot-five inches tall at 135 pounds. Knowledgeable and discriminating men would see and appreciate her voluptuous buxom figure and she was anything but average in any category.

Mindy was short for Melinda and she was named after her Great Grandmother. She hated being called Melinda and her husband insisted in calling her that as did her mother. A month after they were married David pestered, wheedled and cajoled Mindy about getting her beautiful long brown hair cut short because he saw a girl with an ultra-short and trendy layered blond crop while they were shopping for groceries. He was very persistent and in the end to please her husband Mindy relented and cut it short but refused to bleach it. He also bought Mindy her first Jeep Wrangler four-by-four with a manual transmission for cutting it short and she had been hooked on Jeep Wranglers ever since. Nonetheless Mindy hated the way that she looked with her hair short and her mother was beside herself. That hairstyle lasted about two years and then she gradually grew it out. Her hair was in her opinion now the perfect length falling in brown waves to the middle of her back. Mindy felt confident, feminine and maturely sophisticated with long hair and especially when she wore it up.

Mindy's hairstylist, Susan Banner was a mature lady in her early sixties who specialized in long hair and insured that Mindy's hair was precisely blunt cut to all one length. Susan didn't hold with the old adage that long hair was for young girls or that short hair necessarily signified confidence, independence or maturity. Quite the opposite, long, short or bald, those qualities came from within and a good relationship with God. However long was better for a true lady which was Susan's motto. Mindy's mother went to Susan too have her long hair trimmed as did most of the Pentecostal Ladies in her mom's church.

"How shall I wear it?" she thought "in a ponytail or a French braid. It would be nice and wavy after the braid or perhaps I should put it up in a bun?"

Having decided she when to her bedroom and removed two chopsticks from her jewelry box. As with her clothing Mindy had very few pieces of jewelry but what she had was quality. The chopsticks were made from ivory and were showing the buttery yellow-white patina of age and every month she rubbed them with a few drops of mineral oil to keep them from drying out and cracking.

Mindy bought them from an estate sale just after she decided to grow her hair out and they were a treasure. They were decorated with fine carvings of turtles and very small Japanese characters/letters that she always intended to have translated. Mindy twisted her hair up into a large bun and secured her bun in place with the chopsticks. Next she applied her makeup carefully and artfully. Her makeup and hair care products were something that she never skimped on but then why should she.

She was also a rather conservative dresser and chose her wardrobe carefully. She disdained the fleeting trendy fashions for the timeless classics and her wardrobe while modest was quality. First she put on red panties and then she ran her hands over her shapely butt feeling the silk next to her firm warm flesh and sighing before putting on the matching garter belt.

"David wouldn't know the difference between a fan belt and a garter belt"

Mindy thought while smiling to herself as she put on the dark tan stockings and fastened them in place.

Next, Mindy put on an expensive red lace silk bra and a matching camisole while thinking

"Why not, my husband can afford these sexy undergarments even if he chooses not to notice or enjoys seeing me wear them. What a shame nobody will see them other than me but I do look hot if I say so it myself."

Mindy chose a wool/cotton blend emerald green long sleeve blouse to go with knee length brown cashmere skirt and soft calfskin ankle boots and then took her Barbour Parka out of the closet for this overcast spring day. Just before she left the house she dabbed her exclusive and very expensive perfume to the insides of her wrists, her cleavage and the base of her throat....perfect.

Her Saturday brunch dates with her best friend Marge were always enjoyable. They checked out the men and then wrote down the scores one to ten, ten being the highest score on a napkin and then compared notes. Marge was wild in her younger days having had many boyfriends and numerous sexual relations although she was now happily settled down with a husband and 2 children while the only man that Mindy had ever known was David. At first Marge found that so quaint and now so sad but it was still divorce the lump and move on.

Afterward Marge went grocery shopping and Mindy went to the Mall to kill some time before the Art show started. She stopped at a small family run Coffee Kiosk across from the bookstore to get a small peppermint chocolate latte having eaten little and then she planned to relax in one of the many comfortable chairs on the concourse with most recent copy of the American Heritage Magazine. There was one unoccupied overstuffed chair available on the concourse and Mindy quickly walked towards it.

A gangling teenage girl with severe acne was also vying for this unoccupied chair and as their eyes met the race was on. In her haste Mindy stepped in a wet spot from a spilled drink dropping hers to catch herself and she would have fallen to the hard terrazzo floor were it not for the strong hands that grabbed her waist from behind and stopped her from falling. Those same strong hands picked her up effortlessly and swung her around to put her down on a dry section of the floor away from her own spilled latte.

"Are you alright?" He asked, not letting go of her waist right away.

Mindy could smell his clean manly scent and although flustered and embarrassed was thinking

"Thank goodness he caught me but what is he doing? I'm a married woman and..."

"That scent is perfect for you."

He said while leaning forward and she could feel his sweet breath on her neck. Mindy looked at his strong hands around her waist while noticing that he wasn't wearing a wedding band and she was very aware of hers.

"Excuse me!" Mindy exclaimed, pushing his hands away and turning to face him.

"Excuse me for being forward, Ma'am. You're wearing White Lotus Perfume and that scent is enhanced to its pinnacle by your natural feminine aura and frankly I couldn't resist myself. I had to experience this discriminating scent blended with you too perfection. It isn't everyday that I get to hold such a lovely lady and I did catch you" He said smiling.

"Yes, well, thank you?"

Mindy replied, looking up at all six two of him, flattered by the unexpected but charming complement and she was thinking.

"Clean shaven, excellent...hazel eyes....a very nice smile... tall and trim..."

"Nathan at your service" He said smiling and showing perfect white teeth while he was checking her out with his bold self assured eyes.

As Mindy was checking him out Nathan took off his hat with his left hand and then held out his right hand for her to shake. She took it and felt her skin tingle all over and she was thinking

"Definitely a keeper...., Nathan is a definite ten and that Western hat is perfect for his rugged good looks. I love the color, a nice slate gray and it is obviously quality made. I've been saved by an East Coast Cowboy....I'd better say something...

"I'm Mrs. Robinson, Nathan and I'm pleased to meet you and thank you for catching me and keeping me from getting hurt" thinking "You can catch me any time you want, Cowboy. I'm very surprised that you recognize my perfume, how could you possibly know its name?"

"You're welcome, may I buy you another cup of coffee?" he asked letting go of her hand.

"No thank you, I really must be going" she lied "I will be late for my appointment"

Mindy then turned and walked away leaving the magazine and spilled latte while mentally kicking herself for not accepting. When she was approximately halfway down the long concourse she glanced over her shoulder to see him where she had left him. Nathan was standing with his arms folded across his chest and when she turned to look he touched the brim of his hat and smiled

He was thinking "What a shame that she is taken...

The Art Show was one of the best that she had attended. Mindy spent the afternoon browsing and talking with the various Artists whose work was on display and getting the business cards of a few for future reference. She was particularly pleased by the ink and pen drawings and watercolors of one particular artist who was not there to mingle with the public. Being an American History buff and a woman involved with the local Historical Museum & Preservation Society, Mindy was taken by many of the precise pen and ink drawings of the local landmark buildings that this missing in action artist created. They were signed N. Daniels and Mindy wanted to purchase the pen and ink drawing of the old Swan Library.

What a debacle that the beautiful old red sandstone Swan building was demolished in the name of progress and then a soulless abstract modern poured concrete one was built in its place at three times the cost of minor renovation. The debacle's roof leaked although it was barely five years old and the foundation was cracking, plus a lawsuit was pending against the contractor... so much for progress.

The unwarranted demolition was her inspiration to finally get involved and she now was the Library Board President and Chairperson, the Recording Secretary for the Historical Museum & Preservation Society and a patron of the arts. She was also a vocal community activist being a force to be reckoned with in her chosen arena. Mindy's tireless efforts secured private funds and tax dollars to help restore many fine old buildings despite local political corruption and the promised sweetheart deals given to favored contractors. It gained her the respect of the community and begrudging respect of past adversaries as well as several stubborn enemies.

As a child, Mindy spent many wonderful afternoons in that old red sandstone library letting her mind soar in the books that she read there while curled up in an old leather club chair in her special private corner by an east turret window.

Mindy waited until the show was over and it was packing up time and still no N. Daniels. Disappointed she went to the music section to select some CD's and then to the cloak room to get her rain parka. Mindy noticed a double caped Tin Cloth Packer Coat hanging next to her ladies Barbour parka. Looking at the label she guessed right, it was the Filson Brand. She recognized the name because they advertised in the American Heritage Magazine.

Looking up above the hangers on the shelf Mindy saw Nathan's hat. She took the hat down from the shelf and then looked inside for a label; it was definitely not the run-of-the-mill Stetson or Bailey. The gold letters of the private label on the leather sweatband proclaimed 100X Beaver and most likely it was custom made for him. Nathan was wearing this hat and this coat when he caught her. He was also wearing black jeans with a thick black leather belt, a dark gray cashmere crew neck sweater and black Wellington boots. Nathan dressed with a sense of rugged style that was all his own and it suited him well and it would be so nice to......

She did not notice when Nathan walked up behind her with a leather portfolio full of his work and he was studying her with an amused look on his handsome face. In fact Mindy did not notice him at all until he took the chopsticks out of her bun causing her long brown hair to come cascading down over her shoulders and back....she turned to look at him.

"That was positively breathtaking. What beautiful hair you have, Mrs. Robinson"

Nathan said leaning forward and kissing her mouth. Mindy was speechless and seeing an opening Nathan continued

"I wondered about these ivory chopsticks. Perhaps we can we can work a trade for my hat?"

And he paused, enjoying the surprised, shocked look on her beautiful face.

"I am only just kidding they are far too valuable. The writing is Japanese; do you know what it says?"

"No, may I have them back please?" She asked handing him his hat.

Nathan took his hat and put it on Mindy's head surprising her again and of course it was too large for her and he leaned forward and kissed her mouth a second time.

"If you will agree to have to have coffee with me I will tell you what the writing says and only then will I give them back. I know of a little place 20 minutes from here that serves fabulous Napoleons. I have everything in my portfolio and I understand that you have made some inquires about me. During coffee I will give you a private showing."

And with that Nathan took his hat back and put it on his head.

"Then you are N. Daniels, Nathan Daniels? Mindy asked, pleasantly surprised.

"At your service, Mrs. Robinson and your first name is?

"It's Mindy, Nathan"

She said finally gaining her composure and now looking forward to the prospect of finding out more about this talented and sexy man and she was thinking

"It's not like I'm a Buddhist Nun or David's chattel...the hell with my husband, he will never know and after all it's only a cup of coffee, isn't it?"

"If you agree to sell me your drawing of the old Swan Library, Nathan, we have a deal............"

While at the cozy little coffee shop Nathan asked all the right questions to draw her out and learn more about her interests. For all of her calm reserve Mindy was one of those women who liked to touch when she was with people that she felt comfortable with for basically Mindy was a very affectionate woman. He soon had her talking like they were old friends although they had just met and she found him easy to talk too. They sat there for a good two hours across from each other drinking coffee and talking and Mindy was doing almost all of the talking before she realized that neither of them had touched their desserts.

"You promised to tell me about my chopsticks."

"I completely forgot" even though he hadn't keeping one hand within her reach.

Nathan was charmed by her mannerisms, impressed with her knowledge and enthusiasm to these subjects that were also dear to his heart. He was lost in her eyes, her gem quality sapphire blue eyes, the windows of her aura from which her soul viewed the world.

"The turtle represents long life in the Japanese Culture and the writing is in the form of a "haiku", a short poem. As with the turtle long life shall follow the frugal repast. It is a rough translation at best it and it basically refers to eating in moderation to live a long and healthy life."

"How do you know so much about these things?"

Mindy asked, followed by taking a fork full of her chocolate Napoleon and finally putting it into her mouth, enjoying the rich dessert.

"I have a small collection of Netsukes...do you mind?"

As if they were lovers he reached over and took a piece of her Napoleon on his fork and then ate it before he continued

"Help yourself to a piece of mine, the strawberry is particularly delicious."

Mindy did the same and she closed her eyes and chewed thinking "nirvana, this is so delicious, it's been to long since I have shared such simple things with a man, and a cultured man as well as a sexy one."