My Father-in-Law Ch. 1

Story Info
Husband's dad gives them a gift they truly cherish.
6k words
4.32
60.7k
32
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/20/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was 22 and I was 17 when we first met. He was the kindest and gentlest person I had ever met. Three weeks after my 18th birthday, Steven and I set up house together. It was a three bedroom house with a large yard and a small nursery room next to the master bedroom.

"A place for our children to run and play," Steven had said when he showed me our new home.

"Not until I get a ring on my finger," I replied back to him.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"I love you Arna Sorensen, and I will always love you." He said as he place his lips next to mine.

I parted my lips to receive his tongue as he gently touched the inner folds of my mouth with his.

"Show me our bed, Steve." I begged him.

Picking me up and carrying me across the threshold of the front door, he held me tightly as my hands roamed over his strong, muscled chest. I kissed his nipples as he gingerly set me down on the double bed, our bed. His hands touched my face as he kissed me again. Oh how I have longed for this day!

Gently he undressed me. Kissing every part of my body as he unclothed it. When he had removed my shorts and panties, his hand lingered on my moist mound. With two fingers he spread my vagina lips and kissed me deeply with his tongue.

"Ahh! Steven! God that feels good!" I moaned. Never before had he done this to me. This was only the third time we had been alone together since I had reached the age of consent.

"Arna, This is only the beginning for us." He whispered to me as we made love for the first time in our new home. I eagerly received him into my inner depths as he covered my mouth with a soulful, lingering kiss.

Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Arna Sorensen. I am, thankfully, the only child of Arne and Jill Sorensen. I am now 30 years old and the mother of two children aged 4 and 2. My home life was a living hell. My father was a career Army officer who was seriously injured during a training accident. After he was discharged and given disability, he slipped into an alcoholic haze and remained there until he and my mother died, two years ago.

I had never thought of myself as pretty, but now, after being loved unconditionally by my husband of 10 years, I know that I am pretty because I am loved. I am 5' 8" tall have long blonde hair. I weigh 115 pounds and have ample breasts. My measurements are 38c-24-36. My husband Steven says I have a body that is made for loving and we do just that as often as he can. Even after having had two wonderful babies, we still have sex at least on a daily basis. I would rather give up breathing then having sex with my lover and husband.

I was a virgin until I met Steven. My priorities in life were to go to college and get as far away from my parents as possible. I had no intention of watching them destroy themselves. Not that they were ever an influence in my life, after my father was disabled, that is.

This is a story about how I met Steven, married him and how his father helped us by granting our only wish.

As I have said, I was 17 when I first met Steven Harstad. I worked at a cafeteria inside of the plant where Steven was a foreman. His job was to oversee the construction of heavy cranes that were going to be placed on ships throughout the world. His father owned the company, but Steven had been offered the job by the then foreman who was retiring.

As a foreman on the second shift, Steven made very good money. I first met him shortly after I started my job at the company cafeteria. I was still in high school and needed the money. My parents were too busy drinking themselves to death to pay me any allowance, and there were things I needed, and wanted. First and foremost was college.

"Hi, I'm Steve," he said to me as I dished his food for him, "and I see your name is Arna. Good Norsk name." He smiled at me and went down the line to fetch his drink.

I returned his smile and thought nothing more of our exchange as many more were in the food line behind him and I had to serve them also. But I still noticed that he looked back at me as he headed to his table, and as he set his try down he winked at me. I blushed a little, but deep inside I was pleased. He was a handsome man, about six foot tall, with sun bleached blonde hair, and a work hardened body. Now that I look back, that was the moment I fell for him.

It took him three weeks to finally gather the courage to ask me out. But he did, and I accepted, eagerly. Being that he worked until midnight on the second shift, we made a date on Friday. Even though I had to run home and change into my best clothes. (Some clothes! They were more like rags! My parents never even bothered to buy me decent school clothes!) I waited outside of the main gate in front of the plant's guard shack as he clocked out.

"Hi. You look great." He said.

I know I blushed at his comment. I knew what I was wearing, and it was not very fashionable.

"Thank you." Was all I could manage.

"I thought that we could go out to and dance at the 'Crazy Lion', that is if you are up to it?" He asked.

"Uhh...I ...I'm not much of a dancer." I stammered. Was that all I could come up with? I knew what I was wearing, how I looked. In short, I was not dressed up to the standard of the clientele there.

"Well... all right. We could go to a movie. There's a twelve thirthy showing at the Roxie?" He offered.

"I'd be delighted." I beamed, and took his arm as he led me to his red convertible. At least no one would notice my clothes.

I noticed that he had taken the time to shower and change into some clean clothes before he joined me. Steven looked very nice, in comparison to my crummy clothes. But during the evening he was very attentive and the perfect escort. Not that I had anyone to compare him to, but I felt totally at ease with him. This was my first real date in a long time, and it turned out to be the best day I had had, that is, since before my parents had found their way into the bottle and withdrawn into their own private hell.

After the movie, Steven suggested we get a bite to eat. He drove to a small cafe that was open all night. As our order was taken, he turned to me and took my hand as we made small talk.

I told him that I was 17 and my birthday was in two months, how I planned to go to college and that was the reason why I was working for the catering company that his father contracted at the factory.

"And your parents?" He asked.

I remained silent and looked down at my soda. Steven saw my reaction and changed the subject immediately.

"Arna...I...do you have anyone you are seeing?" He asked.

"No." Was all I could manage.

"Good. You are now." He said flatly.

Surprised, I looked at his expression. His jaw was set and his steel blue eyes softly drank me in. I softened deep inside.

"Why?" I asked.

"Arna, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. I want to be with you." He said and held my hand in both of his.

"Steven...I think I want to be with you also, but....well...you asked me about my parents. I'll tell you about them. They are both drunks. They spend my father's disability on booze. I haven't had any decent clothes in two years. What I am now wearing is my very best dress and it is thread bare. Steven, I can't wait to turn 18 and get away from my parents. Not because I don't love them. I do. I just can't stand to see them destroy their lives." Tears were running down my eyes as I backed up and dumped on him. He handed me a napkin and I patted my eyes dry.

"You don't have to worry anymore, Arna. I'm not going to let you go." He said and held my hand even tighter in both of his.

All I could manage was a weak smile.

"Thank you for understanding." I said.

The next day Steven came by my house. Both of my parents were in bed, drunk. I heard a light knock at the door and answered it. Steven was wearing sunglasses and a muscle shirt. A big smile came across his face as I opened the door.

"Hi. Ready?" He asked.

"For what?" I questioned.

"To go boating. My father has a 48 footer and I thought you'd like to go out on Lake Washington and see the sights?" He offered.

"Uh...I don't really have a good swim suit." I apologized.

"Don't worry. My sister and her husband are joining us. So is my dad. Susan has plenty of suits and I think she already has one picked out for you. Now...are you ready?" He smiled, held out his hand and waited for me to step outside.

"What the heck, yes, I'm ready." I said and closed the front door and left with him.

He took my hand and led me out to his red sports car. The top was down, it was a lovely Seattle day, nearly 80 degrees outside. From Capitol Hill, where I lived to Ballard, the streets were packed. Steven had his stereo blasting. He had put in a Beatles CD, one that I had picked out and we silently enjoyed the music and the sun as he cruised to the marina where his father's boat was moored.

"Here we are." He said as he turned of the car's engine.

I looked out at the boats trying to guess which one was his father's.

"That one, right?" I asked pointing at a huge yacht.

"Heaven's no! He's not that rich. That thing's worth five and a half million. That's his...there." He pointed out.

It was beautiful! All wooden and nicely kept. Later I was to learn that it was a 1948 Cris Craft worth $350,000 at today's prices.

A beautiful woman waved to Steven. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a bright orange bikini.

"That's Susan, my sister." He explained as we walked up the ladder onto the boat.

"You must be Arna. Stevie told me he met someone. But his description of you was an injustice." Susan held out her hand and I took it.

"Come, I understand you need a bathing suit. I picked one out, but I see you are much more...ah, bustier then what I guessed. I have just the right suit for you though, Arna, I think." Susan said and took my hand as we went below deck. As Susan went to a wardrobe closet and held out one, then two more swimming suits, I was overwhelmed by the abundance that Steven's family had. There was a color TV in this cabin, a queen sized bed, the closets were full of beautiful women's clothes, Susan's I assumed, and I noticed a huge lunch had been laid out for the day, buffet style.

"Arna...this is the one. If Steven doesn't notice you in this one, then I need to have a talk with my baby brother!" Susan smiled as she handed it to me.

"Thank you. You are very kind." I said.

"Please, I want to be your friend. Steven means a lot to me. I have never seen him with another girl until now. Now I understand why. You mean the world to him. We stayed up until 3 A.M. listening to him describe you. He's smitten by you Arna. I can see why." Susan said as she handed me the suit she had selected.

"The head, or bathroom, is over there. It's really small. Change in there and then I'll help you with the finishing touches, Arna." Susan offered.

When Susan was satisfied that the swim suit was fitting me properly, she took my hand and we went out on deck. Susan introduced me to her husband Dale, and their infant son, Kyle. I looked around for Steven, but he wasn't on deck.

"Sit Arna. Let me get you something to drink. A wine cooler or a soda, maybe?" She offered.

"A Coke would be nice." I said. I hated alcohol. I would never drink it, ever!

"A Coke coming up." Susan said and disappeared. When she returned Steven had his arm around her and they were laughing at something.

Susan handed me the Coke she had gotten for me, while she opened up a beer and handed it to Dale.

Steven had a beer in his hand, and nearly dropped it when he looked at me in Susan's swim-suit.

"My god you look great, Arna!" He said and pulled a chair up next to me.

"Near beer." He held out the amber bottle and showed it to me. "I don't drink. Life is too short to waste away drunk." He said.

I smiled and swigged my Coke.

"Steven, thank you for inviting me here." I said.

He moved closer to me and was about to say something when a voice called up.

"Come, meet my dad. He'll like you. You'll like him." Steven said and held out his hand to me.

I took it and allowed him to hold me closer to his body as he wrapped an arm around my waist. It was so real, the feel of him holding me close to his body. I drank the sensation in as we walked to the ladder where Steven's father was now climbing up.

"Hey dad. Glad to see you made it here." Steven said. His father held out his hand and Steven took it. The older man hugged his son closer.

"Let's get ready to cast off. You start the engines, I want to see that grandson of mine." The older man said.

"Dad, I want you to meet Arna. Arna Sorenson. Arna, this is my father, Steven Senior." Steven said as he wrapped a protective arm around me.

"Arna...what a lovely name. Unusual, but very lovely." The elder Steven said.

"I was supposed to be a boy. Arne Sorenson Junior." I explained to Steven's father.

"I like it. Don't get me wrong. I had an Aunt with the same name. Arna, I am delighted to meet the woman who finally stole my son's heart. Welcome aboard the Anna H. Named after my wife. She's gone now." Steven's father said. He turned somber.

Steven's father was a large man. His hair, now graying, had once been blonde. I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. Steven Senior, I later learned, was only 48 years old. He and Anna had been married young and had started a family right away.

His son had inherited his father's good looks. Anna, my Steven's mother, had died of cancer three years ago. Steven's father had taken her death very hard. So hard that he refused to go out with any woman, and he had surrounded himself with his work. Often leaving the office at midnight. Sometimes never even bothering to come home at all.

Susan had tried to get her father to go out, but it was all to no avail. No one would ever replace his Anna.

We had been out on the lake for the better part of the day. Steven even allowed me to steer the boat as we went through the ship canal into Lake Washington. The day was glorious and I felt so comfortable with Steven's family. Especially with Susan. Once she got Kyle to lay down for a nap, her and I lay out on the bow to sun ourselves while the three men talked shop for awhile.

"So tell me Arna. Do you like my little brother?" Susan asked.

"Mmm, very much. I have never met anyone like him." I confided to her. I knew that she liked me and I felt very comfortable around her.

"Arna, promise me one thing. I know that you aren't yet 18. Promise me that you and Steven won't do anything until you are old enough. I don't want to see any harm come to either one of you. Especially to Stevie." Susan was sitting up and looking directly at me.

"I promise." I replied back to her.

"Good. Now I promise you one thing, Arna. I promise you that I will never make you promise me anything ever again."

We both laughed. The entire day was spent all too quickly. Steven and I swam in the cold waters of the lake. We lay in the sun warming ourselves. Finally, the day had come to an end. The boat was moored back at the marina, and Steven took me back to my house.

"Well, this is it. Arna, I want you to know that I had a really great time with you. I just want to be with you as much as possible. Tomorrow?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Okay. I'll pick you up at 9 A.M. I'll figure out something for us to do." He patted my cheek and turned to leave.

"Wait." I called out to him.

He turned to face me and I put my arms around his neck and kissed his nose.

"Thank you for everything." I said.

For the next two months Steven and I spent every weekend together. Finals were at hand and my weekdays were spent studying. I had to do good in school to better my chances at a scholarship. My birthday was the Monday after I graduated from high school and that was only one week away. On the night of my graduation, Steven and his family were there to cheer for me, while my own parents were at home passed out.

It was Susan who presented my with a graduation card.

"Open it." She said excitedly.

I carefully opened the envelope and took out the card. I read the front of the card, and opened it to finish reading it. Inside of the card was a gift certificate at Nordstrom's for $500! My mouth dropped. I was stunned.

"I can't..." I stammered.

Susan spoke up first. "You can, and I get to go shopping with you while Steven takes care of Kyle. I need to get away, even if it is shopping."

I looked at Steven, his eyes were tender. He was just as surprised as I was.

"You..." I said.

"Arna...I didn't know anything about this. I got you something else entirely." He protested and held out a green satin covered jewelry box.

"Open it." He said.

With trembling hands I took the box and opened it. Inside was a diamond inlaid golden heart.

"May I put it around your neck." He asked.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks as I nodded.

Gently he took out the heart as I pulled back my long blonde hair so he had access to my neck. As he reached both hands either side of my neck to fasten it, I looked up into his eyes.

"I love you Arna." He said and kissed me. It was our first real kiss. I put my arms around his neck and held him to me.

"I love you too, Steven." I whispered to him.

By Saturday I had found out that it was Steven Senior and Susan who had bought the gift certificate for me. Now I never had any brothers or sisters, but Susan was determined to be that sister that I had never had. She was two years older the Steven and she and Dale had been married for three years. Kyle their son was born three months ago, he was a delightful child, but Susan needed time away from him and her daily duties of being a full time mother. Dale, her husband, was the chief engineer for Harstad Fabrication where Steven worked.

Susan picked me up in her black BMW and we spent the day shopping and talking. Even though our two worlds were so vastly different, she was really down to earth.

As she was driving me home, her trunk filled with clothing that was now part of my new wardrobe, she slowed the car down about three blocks from my house.

"Arna," she stopped the car and turned to look at me.

"Yes?"

"I'm so thankful that you kept your promise to me. I would like to throw a birthday party for you. Our house. Stevie knows where Dale and I live. If you want, invite some of your friends. Here's my number, call me and let me know how many you've invited." Susan handed a business card to me. I took it and placed it in my purse.

"I can't think of anyone I'd care to invite." I said.

"Very well, then just call me. Talk." She said and put the car back into gear and headed to my house.

I took my purchases into the house. My father was passed out on the couch. My mother was obscenely laying out on the floor. Wearing only her bra and panties, she lay face down on the floor.

Quietly I carried the large bags containing my purchases upstairs to my room and began laying out the clothes on my bed. I would get rid of the boxes and bags first, then hang up the garments I had bought.

I looked at each item as I smoothed them out on my bed. A red satin dress, with plunging neck-line. A black evening dress, some slacks and blouses. New bras and panties. I have never seen such beautiful clothing, much less owned them.

After I got rid of the packaging I began to hang up my clothes. As I stepped out of the closet, my father walked into my room. He looked at me, and then looked at the clothes still laying on my bed.

"Where did you get the money to buy those?" He asked.

"I got a gift certificate from some friends." I explained.

"You lie! You've been putting out you little slut!" He said and reached across and slapped me across the face.

I covered my face with my hands as he tried to grab me. Thankfully he was very drunk and tripped and fell on the floor. I rushed out of my room and down the stairs and out of the house.

12