My Hero

Story Info
A courageous stranger changes her life.
4.3k words
4.43
48k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dr. Jocelyn,

My name is Julia. I'm writing to you from bed of all places. How I arrived here is quite fascinating. I have entered a new phase, a new beginning, if you will. Recently, I had quite a life changing event, and it has caused me to take a dramatically different approach to life. Perhaps there is some sort of clinical term for it-some form of post-traumatic euphoria or something....whatever it may be, it is a part of me now.

You see, it all started last Friday. I had just opened my own bakery a few months ago in a suburb about fifteen miles from downtown.

Baking had always been a hobby of mine since I was a little girl. My parents were concerned when I opened the place, even though I had a solid business plan, and money saved from years of hard work.

You have to understand, I come from a very close and conservative family. We all still live in state, and I speak with my parents and younger sister and brothers almost daily. Growing up as the oldest, I was expected to set the example at home and in school. My folks were not extremely strict, but there was a certain expectation level. And that has carried over into my adult life.

As long as I can remember, my Dad was the bank manager in our little town, while Mom was a homemaker until all of we children were in school. She then took a job at the local library, just working part time to occupy her day until we arrived back home. Mom and Dad provided a good home, but never splurged on the fancy items that some of my friends parents did. Although we could afford more, we always had a 3-5 year old car, and there was never talk of a boat, big screen tv or anything that could be described as a toy. No, my parents believed in saving money for a "rainy day", and the education of their children.

What we kids received, was lots of love and attention. Although we had average clothing and trinkets, our parents lavished us with a sense of family. There was always a cross country drive in the summer, and a trip to anywhere the kids chose during the holiday season. Each vacation was highlighted by Mom's picnics and Dads piggyback rides. Our parents coached all of our sports teams, and were always the first ones to volunteer at school. They even dressed up for Halloween and Christmas every year. And on one of these occasions I witnessed my parents not being their conservative selves. It happened on one Christmas when I was 11 years old.

Being the oldest child, I was responsible for putting my younger siblings to bed. Trying to get a 9,7 and 5 year old to bed the night before presents was just about impossible, but I did it. Dad came up to check and saw that we were all asleep. I waited about thirty minutes, and figured Mom and Dad had gone to bed too. It was then that I figured I could sneak down and just open one of my presents. I got out of bed and slowly creaked down the steps. We had an older home, so I had to be careful as to not wake my parents. Luckily, there was music playing- Mom and Dad must have left the stereo on.

When I got halfway down the stairs, I made a startling revelation. My dad was sitting in his favorite chair, wearing a Santa Claus outfit. My mother, my librarian mother, was in a green bra and red lacey panties sitting on his lap. There was music playing, A Sinatra tune I recall; and beside them were glasses of eggnog.

"I don't think Santa is going to get these presents finished anytime soon" my father said as he smiled.

"Well maybe he should finish unwrapping his little present right now" my mother said as she poked his nose with her finger.

I couldn't believe it, my conservative parents acting so naughty. I didn't quite know what was going on, or what was going to happen. But there was a way they looked at each other that I will never forget.I knew that it was time to go upstairs.

The next day they acted their normal selves, and I never saw them act the same way again, but every once and a while...perhaps at the dinner table or sometimes on New Years they would look at each other in that certain way, a look that only people deep in love could do. It made me feel good inside to know my parents had those sort of feelings towards each other. My friends never reported such from their family, and not surprisingly many of them were eventually the children of divorce.

So it was that love and encouragement which gave me strength to move to the big city. And best of all, my business was really starting to do well, due to good word of mouth. I bought a little place-not too much of anything but good for me. My friends and family would visit often, and everything seemed to fall in place.

I didn't have a boyfriend, but that was ok. There was Roger in college, who I gave my virginity, but he ran off with that French girl. It hurt at the time, but Mom and Dad said Roger was not worthy of me, not a true gentleman. And Mom told me later that young girls often trust the wrong guy, and it was a good learning experience. That you know better when that special guy comes along. She seemed to speak from experience. So for me, love and sex would be saved until marriage. I knew I wanted the kind of relationship my parents had, so I dated occasionally, but never goy close to anyone. No one that reminded me of that feeling I had when I seen my parents together.

The one bad thing that happened since I moved was breaking my ankle. Just last week, I was down in the basement of the bakery, and clumsily dropped a heavy box of flour on my foot. The doctor gave me a walking cast and sent me on my way. But that didn't slow me down, at least not until last Friday .

That October day had not started much different from any other Friday. I arrived at the bakery around 6 am. That was the day I gave my assistant off, so I had to open and do all the preparation myself. Things went according to plan when 7 am came and it was time to open. A few minutes later he arrived.

I never got his name. I just knew he worked in the office building down the street. A very handsome fellow he was. Celia, my assistant called him Lucky Number 7, since he was always the first person of the day. She teased me, cause he and I tended to speak to each other, and he would linger around the store to chat with me in between customers. I kept the flirting at a distance, since he had a fiance. He brought her in once, when I first opened; to try what he described as "the best crepe this side of Paris." She was blonde, tall and extremely beautiful. Her taliored business suit was quite different than my smock and silly bakers hat. And with the flour on face, I completed the cliche.

But Celia said it didn't matter. Lucky Number 7 likes you, have you noticed him bring her in anymore? And she would tell me that he never came when it was only her working, that he must have memorized my schedule. "Oh, and the way he looks at you" she said as she put motioned her middle finger in her mouth....and we would both laugh...she was so silly. But judging by the way his fiance looked at him, and the giant rock on her hands, they had to be getting married, and quite soon. And my little bakery seemed no match for her model looks and designer outfits. Still, I felt something between us. I couldn't put a finger on it, but it was strange. And just like clockwork, on October 19th, Lucky Number 7 came through my door.

"Good morning" I said as he walked in.

"Hello, how are you today?" he replied with that golden smile of his.

"Doing well, and your usual crepe today?" I asked.

"Yes, unfortunately I'm in a bit of a hurry, new clients in town and you know who has to meet with them." he said as he shook his head.

"Sure, let me get that right for you." I said as I slowly walked towards the diplay case.

"Oh my goodness, what happened to your foot?" he inquired with concern.

"Oh this? It's just my ankle, I'm so clumsy, I dropped some flour on it. The doctor says it will be fine in a few weeks" I smiled, trying to not make a big deal out of it.

"Ok, but are you sure you should be working? I wouldn't want it get any worse" he said.

HE didn't want it to get worse??This man was so polite, and so concerned, I was impressed by his consideration.

"No really, I'll be allright.It just takes some getting used to."

"All right, but I'm going to stop by tommorrow morning after my jog, so if you need something lifted or moved you had better not hesistate to ask." he said.

"Don't volunteer, I'll put you to work" I replied, gigglng.

"It would be my pleasure to help you." he said, not joking at all.

What a sweet guy. When I moved to the city, I never expected for anyone to be as nice as they were back home. But this man reminded me of the people in my hometown, he sort of reminded me of the family I grew up in.

I hopped back to the kitchen to check on my bread. It was then ,that I first noticed the smoke. I went close to the first stove, where I realized that a good sized fire had broke out. Oh crud, what was I going to do? I turned to the side wall, the fire extinguisher was gone. Shoot! I had left it in the basemant when I took supply box down. I had to get it soon, this fire could spread.

I hobbled down the steps quickly. It took about 45 seconds of scrambling, but I finally found the extinguisher. When I turned to go back up the stairs, there was so much smoke encompassing the bakery. I guess I should have called the fire department. I screamed and suddenly panicked. My place could be lost! In a rush to make it back to the kitchen, I tried to run up the stairs. My bad ankle buckled and I twisted. Before I could grab the rail, my forehead crashed it first. Suddenly I was on my back, my chest feeling tight.

Frantically I searhed for a way to get up. I couldn't move, and I feared the worst. No one was around to help me. I was frightened. My screams came louder and more often. I was going to die! That was the last thing I clearly remember before I passed out.

Moments later, I don't know how long, I felt my body being lifted.

"Hold on" was all the voice said. "Everything will be allright"

I awoke to a bright beam. Was I dead? Was I entering the light? I heard voices...seen cloudy images. There aren't loud voices entering the light I thought.

"It's ok Julia, it's ok" a voice said.

My eyes finally opened wide enough to see. There was an oxegyn mask on my face. An emergency worker was standing over me. I was confused.

"Your going to be ok Julia, you just survived a fire" the lady said.

I raised up, and looked saw my building and the smoke for the first time. It was then I remembered..the stove, the fire extinguisher, the basement, the fall. But how did I get out?

There were police, ambulance and fire trucks all around. And standing in front of an older black man in fire gear was him, Lucky Number 7.

"What prompted you to go in Mr. Worthington?" the old man said.

"Well, I had just made it to my office, and forgot to pick up my morning paper. he said. And when I came out of the door, I saw the smoke way down here. I know the lady that owns this store, and I thought it might be coming from here."

"Yea, yea, go ahead" the old man said.

"Well, I ran down as fast as I could, and the other shop owners were standing around outside. I asked them if any of them had seen her, and they didn't know where she was. They had called you guys, but I wasn't sure if you would get here soon enough. Well, as you know, she has that ankle, and I thought she might be trapped in there or something"

"So you decided to go ahead and see?" the old fire chief asked.

"Well, yes sir, I couldn't wait, she might have.... well you know...."he said, his voice trailing off.

"Died" the chief blurted out.

"Well, yea, that. Anyway, I had to think quick"

"So let me see if I got this straight. You busted that door down, or what is left of it, ran inside, got through the smoke, went to the kithen, fought through that smoke, saw a basement door open, and went through that door. Then you found her passed out on the steps, picked her up in your arms and carried her through all that smoke and fire and back out the building, before most of it collasped. Is that right?"

"Well more or less, I guess" he replied.

The old man shook his head while he wrote it all down.

"Is she your girl?"

"No sir"

"Some kind of relation to you?"

"No sir"

"Well son, I don't know what to say. We applaud your effort, but you nearly got yourself killed. You need to leave the heroics to the professionals.Do you realize you nearly died in there?"

"I had to go in there, I had to" my customer said defiantly.

Just then he looked in my direction. Our eyes met, and there was a look of relief on his face. He casually walked over to me. He crouched down, to be at my level.

"By the way, my name is Jack." he said, extending his hand.

"Really are lucky..." I said quietly.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Oh nothing" I said straightening up. "I'm Julia" I said as we both shared a laugh. Then I looked at him again.

"Thank you" I said, as we looked in each others eyes. "I don't know what to..." I trailed off as he put his finger to his lip.

We just sat and stared at each other, he looked so handsome and brave with his dress shirt dirty with soot, and his tie loosened. Just then the old chief came back.

"Well, Ms Julia, I'm sorry 'bout your bakery. I'm afraid it's totally destroyed. It ain't no comfort, but this is what they make insurance for. And judging by a preliminary look at that stove, I think you have one helluva lawsuit against that contractor. Ya probably don't care either way, but I think you may end up being a real wealthy lady soon."

"I'm just glad to be alive Chief" I responded.

"Well that is 'cause of this Worthington character. I'm afraid he was right, we likely wouldn't have gotten here in time and you woulda.....well, ya know...well, he saved your life is what I'm gettin' at. You got yourself a bona fide, real life, honest to goodness He-Ro Ms. Julia."the old country sounding guy said.

"It really wasn't...."Jack started.

"I don't want to hear that crap Worthington." the old chief said cutting him off. Stand up son. I wanna shake your hand. What you did was a bit reckless, and I have to get on you for that, it's my job, but you sure got one set of balls on you kid. What do you do for a living?"

"Banker Sir, Investment banking actually" Jack said.

The chief took off his glove and extending his dark blistered hand.

"Well if you ever wanna get out of that investment banking racket, and do a hard days work, I'll take you on my team any day Son" Chief said smiling.

"Yes Sir, thank you Sir" Jack repeated, with the Chief shaking his hand vigorsously. The Chief tipped his hat, and headed back to his crew.

Just then, the EMT walked back over.

"Julia, we can take you to the hospital, give you some aspirin for your head, and let you rest; but they, I mean he, got you out before you inhaled too much smoke. she said smiling towards Jack.

"That is ok," Jack said leaning back down and brushing my dark hair to the side, revealing the bump on my head.I'm taking the rest of the day off, I'll ice it and take care of her."

"Ok", the EMT said, but if she starts to get a headache or pains, take her to the nearest emergency room.

"Yes mam". he answered

I didn't have much to gather since everything was left in my bakery. Jack asked me if I wanted to stick around for a while, to gather my composure and take it all in. I thought about it. Why should I? I just got a second chance at life? Why should I waste it by lingering over things. My life would be different now. No more being conservative. No more playing by the rules. And no more being an example. I loved my family and what they stood for, but there was a reason I was spared. And now I intended to live everyday as if it would be my last. I wasn't going to worry about the fire, I going to worry about the lawsuit, or a settlement just now. I decided to take chances. Starting that very minute.

"I'm free for the weekend, Maya is on a business trip. We can stop by my house first, and you can call whomever you need to, and I can make you some lunch." he said.

We went to his car, a very nice sedan, and I felt so at home in that seat. We made it to Main Street when I started.

"I just want to thank...." I said, but he cut me off.

"You thanked me once, I'm not going to let you do it again Julia" he smiled as he said my name.

"Ok" I said as we came to a light. "But you have to answer this. Why did you come back in the building to get me?"

There was a long pause. And he looked at me...and it happened....the same look my parents gave each other across the dinner table and on holidays. And I could feel myself looking back the same way. Neither of us could look away. That's when my eyes began to fill wiht tears.

"Well I just have to have my daily crepe fix" he joked, as the light finally turned green.

I looked out the window as we both laughed. But things got quiet again as a tear quickly came down my right eye as I realized what had just happened. I was silent the rest of the way to his place. Jack was too. We stole a few glances on the highway, but I could not bare to look at him for more than a few seconds. It was surreal.

We finally made it to the driveway, where Jack came around to open my side. He escorted me to the house and opened the door. I walked in and heard the door shut behind . I turned and he was there. I rushed to him as he swempt me up in his arms. Our mouths met as I put my arms around his shoulders and we kissed with breathtaking intensity. He ran his hand through my hair as I whimpered by his touch. Our tongues met and danced, as we embraced in what seemed forever.

We broke away, just for a moment. Not a word was spoken. Just a look of knowing. This time he brushed my bangs aside, and touching my bump, letting his hand slide down the side of my face. Then his other hand came to my face as he held it, lovingly in the same hands that had just saved my life a few hours earlier. He kissed me again, closing his eyes before I closed mine, touching me like a queen. I melted, as another tear came down my face. I couldn't move.

I felt msyelf being lifted. Just like I had in that fire. And supported by Jacks secure arms. He carried me, looking in my eyes the entire time, while we passed pictures of his lovely fiance as we headed to another part of the house. I knew where we were going and I knew what we were going to do when we got there. He was my hero, and I wanted to be with him. I desired to be his, to give him all of me. I wanted to be reckless with Jack, I wanted to do things with him...wild things...not conservative things...life changing things.

We made it to his bedroom, where we resumed our kissing. I unbuttoned his shirt and pants. When his they were down, I pulled his underwear to the floor next. Before me stood only the second cock I have seen in my life. But oh so large, so erect. I bent before my Jack, on my knees, eager to pleasure him...eager to service my hero. I took him in my mouth, sucking back and forth so intensely, so hungrily. I wanted all of him, even his seed. I had never swallowed Roger, much to his frustration. But Jack, Jack was different. He deserved this. This was different, this was rue . I went under to lick his balls-something I would never imagine doing, even with a husband. His reaction was a look of suprise, though staring at me the whole time. I liked the reaction and kept going, stroking his large cock the whole time. I ended up at his ass, his opening, if you will. I had heard from a adventurous girlfriend that she liked to put her finger up there to arouse her boyfriend. I chose to use my tongue, to lick this so intimate part of his body. Jack reacted with shock, lifting up on his tip toes.

What a non-conservative thing to do....actually kinky...but I only continued, as I was a new woman now. I was in love, and I would do whatever this man desired. After all, my life was his to save, and he risked his to do it.

12