My Life is You Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeremy sighed and rubbed Dillon’s back. “I don’t think you have to do anything about Seth. He loves you back and I think the two of you will manage things quite nicely without having to over-analyze things.

“As for going home, you know you’re welcome here for as long as you want. Wait, don’t say anything. I know you’re going to say that you don’t want to be an imposition, but you honestly never could be. You’re my best friend and I love you.

“I’ve read in books where people redecorate in order to change how they see a place, but unfortunately that just won’t do you any good. I’d say you can do one of two things.”

“And those would be?” Dillon asked.

“Well, selling your house would be my first suggestion. Of course, you’d have to buy another or move back into an apartment. But since I know you hated apartment living, I don’t see you doing that.”

“And the second suggestion?”

“As soon as you’re comfortable, take Seth home and screw his brains out in every room in the place. Best way I know of to cleanse a place.”

Dillon burst out laughing. He knew that Jeremy was mostly teasing, but there was definitely some truth to his words. What a wonderful way to get over his problems!

When Dillon calmed, they lay back on the bed. Jeremy held Dillon as they talked. Dillon poured out how lonely he had been and how lost he had felt. Jeremy responded with how much he had missed their friendship.

Then they spoke of Seth. Dillon explained how he felt when Seth was around. He described how his body tingled when Seth touched him. Last, he floundered as he tried to describe the way it felt to kiss the man you were in love with. Finally, he just gave up. He knew Jeremy understood as only a true friend could.

**

Dave led Dillon down the hospital corridor. The place smelled of antiseptic and illness. It reminded Dillon of his own lengthy stay at this very hospital.

As they neared Seth’s door, Dillon heard Seth’s voice. At first it sounded like Seth was having a conversation with himself. But that made no sense. Then Dillon heard Belinda’s voice. Ah, he thought, Belinda and Eric must be visiting. Now that he knew it was two people with the same voice speaking, he could distinguish one from the other. Their tones were just slightly different. Luckily, it was enough that Dillon could tell one from the other.

“Dillon,” Dave said, taking Dillon’s hand off his arm. “Just a few more steps and you’ll be at Seth’s room. It’s on the right. I have some errands to run and not a lot of time to do them, so I’m going to leave you here, ok?”

“Sure, Dave,” Dillon said, feeling confused. “But I thought you said your day was free. If I’d known you were busy I never would have imposed.”

“My day is free,” Dave assured him. “I don’t have to work, I just have to do some errands. I’ll be back to pick you up in a couple of hours.”

“Thanks, I appreciate the ride,” Dillon said.

“Anytime,” Dave responded before placing Dillon’s hand on the wall and walking away.

Dillon trailed his hand along the wall as he moved forward. Only three steps later his fingers encountered a doorjamb. He knocked lightly on the halfway open door before walking in. “Hi,” he said softly.

All conversation halted. Dillon hovered uncertainly in the doorway. Then he felt someone take his hand. Judging by the size and the smoothness of the skin, he was guessing it was Belinda.

“Here’s the man of the hour!” she declared. “Dillon, you’ll never know how grateful we are to you,” her voice rang with sincerity.

“Grateful to me?” Dillon asked, confused. If it hadn’t been for him, Seth never would have been tied to a bed and held hostage. Why on earth would they be grateful to him?

“Oh, yes,” Belinda replied. “That woman was going to kill Seth last night. She told him so. If you hadn’t rescued him when you did, we would have lost Seth forever. We can never thank you enough for saving him.”

“But it’s my fault he was put in that situation in the first place!” Dillon burst out. “If it weren’t for me, none of this would have happened!”

“That’s not true,” Eric’s voice was filled with conviction. It was funny how Dillon could tell the difference between Seth and Eric’s voice. He doubted many could. “Nurse Sterning is the reason this happened. She’s the one who acted in an inappropriate manner, not you. No matter what, she would have done this. You’re the reason it didn’t turn out worse than it did.”

“Seth, you have to agree with me,” Dillon pleaded. “I didn’t mean for it to happen, but it’s my fault it did.”

“I’ll agree with you,” Seth responded. “It is your fault. Because of you, I fell in love. You had to go and be strong. You had to be charming. You had to be caring. You had to be loving. You had to be damn good to look at and touch. You had to be so sensual that my heart pounds like crazy every time you’re around. You did all that. If you hadn’t, I never would have come to your house on Sunday. I never would have worried about you, dreamed about you, every moment we were apart.

“But then, if you weren’t all that, I’d still be alone. I’d still have no one to call my own. Would I trade that to get those four days and change back? Never. You’re the most important thing in my life, Dillon, and I’d go through anything to have you.”

**

Dillon was so excited he could barely sit still. Today was the day that Seth was coming home from the hospital. Ok, maybe not home, since the two of them were going to stay with Jeremy for a few more days, but he’d be leaving the hospital.

Tonight they would sleep in the same bed for the first time. That alone was enough to make him tremble. He doubted they’d do anything vigorous, Seth was probably still too weak, but just the thought of getting to hold Seth all night, well, that was a wonderful thought.

When the doorbell rang, Dillon sat straight up, almost quivering. He felt a bit like a dog, ecstatic to see his human after a long separation. If he’d been able to, his ears would be perked forward and he’d have a tail waving frantically.

Eric was bringing Seth here. Originally Seth had wanted to go to his own home, but everyone had protested. The last thing he needed now was being where nobody could baby him. Of course, Dillon would have been more than willing to do it himself, but it wouldn’t have really worked since Seth would have spent all his time showing Dillon where things were and helping Dillon learn the layout of the house.

Eric’s house hadn’t really been a feasible solution either. He and Belinda had a small place and the second bedroom was currently being used as an office. There was a pull-out couch in there, but it would make the confines so close that Dillon would be sure to have permanent bruises on his shins from running into things.

That had left Jeremy’s house. Neither Dillon nor Seth had wanted to impose themselves, but Jeremy had insisted he’d be thrilled with the company. After some thought, Dillon had realized that Jeremy was being one-hundred-percent genuine. He was such a family man that having the house full fulfilled one of his dreams.

Now Dillon stood up. He was turned toward the door, or, at least, he thought he was, but he figured even if he weren’t facing it dead-on, it would be close enough. His hands were sweaty and trembling and he nervously wiped them against his jeans-clad thighs. His heart was beating such a rapid tattoo in his chest that he was surprised he couldn’t feel his shirt jumping up and down atop it.

The rumble of male voices came from the hall. They were too low for him to understand anything, but they were close enough for him to recognize them. His heart beat even harder, if that were possible, and he tried to swallow.

Footsteps entered the room and paused. Dillon said nothing, just waiting. Then, that voice spoke again, “Hello, Dillon.”

“Hello, Brad,” Dillon squeaked out.

12