My Life's Playlist Ch. 05

Story Info
12. Auld Lang Syne.
2.4k words
4.58
6.6k
0

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 02/23/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I apologize for the shortness of this post. Spring break is less than 2 weeks away, and I plan to finish the story then. Of course to quote John Lennon from his song "Beautiful Boy",

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans,so we'll see. Thanks again for your support, and as always comments, criticism, and votes are appreciated. WHB

©2010

Song 12

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a right good willie-waught,,
For auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

"Auld Lang Syne" –Robert Burns

That weekend seemed to set the pattern for our relationship. When Tor wasn't practicing or playing, and when I wasn't teaching, we would be together, normally at my house. Axel became a fixture, and stayed with me when Tor was out of town on road trips. Beau seemed to like having the company, and I had become used to another body in the bed with me, so everyone was happy with this situation. With Annie's approval I gave Tor a key to the house, and I found it very comforting to feel his presence as he slipped into my bed after returning from a road trip.

On school nights I watched from home, and called Ted if something I didn't understand happened. The main change was I scheduled my Theo sleepovers on nights when Tor was playing on the road. Tor was kind enough to plan at least two outings a month that included Theo, and I'm not sure who had a better time, Theo or Tor. My favorite was when he took Theo and me to the Kettler Capitals Iceplex to go skating during their public skate time. Tor had bought Theo a hockey stick, and together they practiced shooting goals in the area that was set aside for league hockey players. Before long they had been joined by a gaggle of stick toting boys and girls and much to their delight, Tor ended up holding and informal shooting clinic. Given my record of grace on skates (falling on my butt 6, Pippa 0), I was sensible enough to stay back and just observe this session.

Mummy and Daddy met and liked Tor. They thought he was very polite and he obviously made me very happy, so that was a plus in their book. He and Axel were invited to visit them at the beach when the season was over, and he said he looked forward to seeing the Outer Banks.

School continued on it's usually course. My classes moved onto revolutions (Industrial, French, Scientific, etc.) and imperialism. The stretch between Halloween and Christmas break dragged for the kids, and sometimes even for us. The talk had died down about "Miss Rhys-Hall's hot with a capitol HA boyfriend" to quote Katie. Report cards were distributed, conferences were held, and our basketball season started.

Thanksgiving came and went. Because it was rare for Annie to have enough time off to go home, it had become our tradition for me to bring the feast to her, and whoever else was unfortunate enough to be on duty. This year Tor helped arrange a visit by some of his teammates to the older kids who were stuck there that day. Several of the single players stayed for the dinner, and I wondered if a new tradition had been born.

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas the Caps went on a road trip out West for fourteen days. Having grown up in a naval family, I was used to separations being part of any relationship. Fortunately technology had come a long way, and the length of this particular trip introduced me to the joys of phone sex. While it was not as good as the real thing, it beat the hell (if you'll forgive the pun again) out of surviving on fantasying in bed alone.

The days sped on and before I knew it Christmas Eve was here. Normally I went home, but this year given Tor's schedule I explained to my parents my reasons for staying in town. They came down for Midnight Mass and as tradition dictated we had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for dinner, and then went to church. Tor joined us this year, and as always I used the quiet time during Mass to reflect on the past year, and be thankful for all I had. My biggest reasons to be thankful this year were seated to my left and right. After church we always opened presents, and this year there were presents to and from Tor under the tree. When he got to a present from Axel, he looked at me with a rather puzzled expression.

"A present from Axel? Explain this to me please."

"Open it first," my Mum said, "And then I'll explain. Phillip and Pippa, you need to open yours from Beau at the same time."

Dads and I already knew they would contain some type of Christmassy pjs. It was a family tradition dating back from when I was small and opened my presents on Christmas day. I could always open the present from our current pet on Christmas Eve, and it always had pjs. Mummy claimed it was so we could all look good in our Christmas morning pictures. Once Tor opened his new red and green flannel sleep pants, Mummy explained the tradition, and he correctly took it as sign of acceptance of his presence in my life by my parents.

After we cleaned up the wrapping paper my parents headed up to sleep in my room. Annie was on call, and she said I could use her room tonight. Tor and I decided that we weren't quite ready to rub the facts of our relationship in my parents face, so after a brief make-out session on the couch I kissed him good-bye and sent him home, both of us slightly frustrated. My parents, Tor and I joined Ted, Theo, and Angie for Christmas dinner and another present exchange. I got Angie and Ted a gift certificate for their favorite restaurant and Theo a collection of books I thought he'd like. Tor surprised Ted, Theo, Angie and I with tickets for the remaining weekend home games.

I don't see myself as a pessimist, but I'll admit it makes me nervous when things seem to be going too well in my life. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it did the day after Christmas. As an only child I have to admit that besides the normal teenage rebellions, I had very few arguments with my parents. Unfortunately this year we had the mother of all arguments about New Year's Eve. It started off innocently enough as Tor, my parents, Annie, Ian, and I had brunch before they left to go back the beach

"You know you are all invited to come down for New Year's with Pippa," my Mum said as we were finishing our second cup of coffee. "When are you coming down Pippa?"

Skit, I thought. (See the Swedish lessons were helping. I had learned to say crap in another language. Very useful at school in front of the kids.). I had hoped to have this conversation later in the week via telephone, but I guess I was going to have to once again put my big girl pants on and deal with it. Every year they expected me to come down to the beach and spend the night. Yes it put a cramp in my style to spend the biggest party night of the year with my parents, but they asked very little of me, and usually I didn't mind giving up this holiday, especially because they often encouraged me to invite a houseful of friends. This year was different, and I hadn't had the nerve to break it to them yet. Luckily I was given a temporary respite when Ian answered first.

"We're going to my parents place up in Vermont for the holiday, Mrs. R-H. Thanks anyhow for the invitation."

Annie just looked sheepish, and added "we've got to head over to the hospital and see some of our patients. Brunch was great Pippa. Wonderful as always to see you Captain and Mrs. R-H. See you tonight." And just like that, the cowards took off, leaving me looking like a deer in the headlights. Tor had figured out what was going on, and gave my hand a squeeze under the table. He did, however, decide that leaving the room was a good idea and said "I'm going to do the dishes Pippa. You just enjoy your time with your parents."

Yeah, right. I took a deep breath and decided to just jump right in. "Mummy and Daddy, I'm not coming for New Year's Eve this year," I stammered.

"You're what!" My Mum exploded.

"I'm not coming for New Year's Eve," I replied. "I know you don't follow hockey, but surely you've heard the NHL Winter Classic is being played here on New Year's Day. Obviously Tor is playing, so he can't come and he's gotten great seats for Ted, Theo, and me. You know I can't disappoint Theo," I said, hoping that playing the Godmother card would appease Mum.

Nope, nothing doing.

"I can't believe you're going to change family tradition after 30 years for some man that a few months ago," she snapped.

"I can't believe I've given up 30 New Year's Eve to make you happy," I snapped back.

"Well Phillipa if that is how you feel; I guess there is nothing more for me to say. Let's go Phillip," she said as she pushed her chair back and stomped out the front door.

Shaking his head Dad got up to follow her out the door. As he came by me he leaned down and kissed my forehead, saying "Don't worry too much Pipps. You know how it is when both you and your Mother get your Irish up. Give her a few days to cool off. You know she loves you. I do too. Thanks again for a wonderful Christmas. Say good-bye to Tor for me." He gave me another kiss, and left.

I did what every guilty daughter does and promptly burst into tears. I was mad at my Mummy for not even trying to understand, and I was mad at myself for saying something so hurtful. Tor obviously had heard ever word and in an instant he picked me up and carried me to the couch, wrapping me in his arms and whispering comforting words in Swedish to me. I didn't care what they meant, I was just grateful he was there. "It's okay, karesto, she didn't mean what she said and neither did you. Why don't you plan to call her on New Year's Eve and apologize when you wish her a Happy New Year?" he said when I moved from the sobbing to snuffling stage.

"Sounds like a plan," I said as I pulled him up and headed up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Seems you have some plans of your own," Tor chuckled as I pushed him on my bed.

"I do, now shut up and kiss me," I said flopping on top of him.

"Who am I to deny you when you use your teacher voice on me? You know how it turns me on," he grinned up at me, and proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon -proving to me how much it turned him on.

There was silence on the phone lines between Virginia and North Carolina, but I planned to take Tor's advice and apologize when I called on New Year's Eve. I helped Annie pack for her trip to go skiing at Ian's parents place. She admitted to me that she and Ian had decided to move from friends with benefits to a real relationship. As she said, "We finally both admitted to each other that there was really no one else we wanted to be with."

"Are you scared?" I asked.

"Petrified," she admitted.

I hugged her and sent her on her way when Ian arrived to pick her up. It was New Year's Eve, and Tor was due after practice. Since he had a game we decided to spend the night in. When Tor came home I convinced him to join me upstairs for a soak in my tub. I was really glad lately that I had decided to put in a garden tub and walk-in shower, instead of the standard tub/shower fixture. I blushed at how many good uses we'd put both to in our time together. We did that night too, and afterwards we changed into our comfy pajamas and ate the dinner I had fixed while we cuddled on the couch in front of the fire. Dinner done and dishes moved, I threw a couple of blankets on the floor in front of the fire and we stretch out together. One thing led to another and I was more than ready for him when he finally joined us together. My last coherent thought was it felt like I was home when we were together like this. I had never felt like this, never loved like this, never been so happy. I shattered in his arms at this thought, and he followed soon after, whispering "Jag älskar dig av hela mitt hjärta. Du är mitt alltng."

"Translation", I whispered back as soon as I could breathe again.

"I love you with all my heart. You are my everything."

"As you are to me," I answered hoping my kiss would show him exactly what I couldn't with words. We lay tangled together until we got too uncomfortable. The clock was about to chime midnight, and I needed to put my apology plan in action. We headed up to bed and while Tor was in the bathroom I called my parents. There was no answer at the house, and neither of them picked up their cells. Oh well, I thought to myself as I left a message on Mummy's phone, I bet they're at a party and can't hear the phone. I'll try again in the morning.

I was in the bathroom when I heard the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it," Tor called calming down the barking Axel and heading down the stairs.

"Who the hell could it be at 12:30 on New Year's Day?" I thought to myself. I threw a sweatshirt on over my pajamas and cracked the door open. I could hear voices, and then I heard Tor call for me to come downstairs.

I was wrong about the other shoe dropping on Boxing Day. It was dropping tonight.