My Love is Your Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Makes sense I guess," Finn looked around, finally noticing the stares and muted conversations directed his way.

"So why the frown, you look like someone rained inside your living room," Remy studied him.

Finn could blame it on his Gran's passing, but they would find out the truth eventually. This was a small town after all. What could it hurt to tell?

Finn took a deep breath, "It's just one of those days I try not to remember."

"How in the world is Valentine's a bad day? I mean look around you...all these people smiling and having a good time. I only wish I had someone to share it with like that," Remy had a far off look in his eye that made Finn feel like sighing.

"Well for some of us, it's rotten. Nothing more than a Hallmark nightmare," Finn countered, causing Remy to frown.

"Oh come on. Don't you feel the love?" Remy teased, taking a sip of his coffee.

Dreamboat was starting to irritate Finn. Why did everyone just love this damned day?

"When you spent all day cooking a meal for your boyfriend, only to have him come home, and break it off with you for another guy, it kind of ruins it," Finn blurted and sat back in awe that he had really just said that.

Remy slowed his smile, setting down his coffee, with pity looming behind his eyes.

"I guess it would huh?" The big man murmured, looking down at the table, "I'm sorry Finn. I didn't mean to make ya angry."

Remy looked like a sad puppy while he fidgeted with the napkin again. Never once did he mention the fact that Finn's ex had been a 'he'. That was a start, Finn thought...at least the guy wasn't a homophobe.

"So you see, I have no fondness for this day, nor will I the next year. You can dangle the little hearts and roses in my face all you want, but it won't change my opinion on the matter," Finn sat back in the booth, crossing his arms.

He felt like a complete ass guarding himself from Remy, but he had no idea what this man's intentions or status was, so he kept up the dwindling front. Normally, Finn was an easy going and caring individual, but today brought out the worst in him, and he felt pity that Remy had to endure his dark side.

"Hey man, it's alright, I completely understand. You've had a rough go of it, what with your Gran and an ex to boot. That's rough. I wouldn't care for today either if I were you," Remy smiled gently.

If Finn was standing, his knees would have given out over the lopsided grin from the man across the way. He understood? That was a first. Normally people thought him a crazy person for hating the holiday of love, but Remy wasn't normal he guessed. Finn could already tell Remy cared for others; he loved his town, and had a way of making Finn's cock throb. He wished Remy were gay with all his heart, because he was already perfect to Finn.

Wait! Perfect? Where did that come from? Finn felt like he was tripping acid, feeling anything more than curiosity was insane.

"Uh thanks. So about this storm..." Finn tried to change the subject away from his frigid love life.

"Oh yeah, we're supposed to be getting a hell of a blizzard tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm on dig out detail tomorrow," Remy laughed easily, putting Finn into a calmer state.

"Dig out detail?" Finn chuckled.

"Yeah, we go around and check to make sure folks aren't stuck inside their own homes. Sometimes the snow piles up so fierce, you gotta dig em out."

"Holy shit," Finn muttered, blushing at his own exclamation. "Sorry, I meant that's crazy."

"No worries city boy. We do tend to swear out here now and again," Remy grinned wildly.

"I'm a city boy huh?" Finn bit his lip for a second. "Well maybe you're right on that one. I mean I know about snow, but not like this. Oh hell, what if I get snowed in?" He started to panic at the thought.

"Calm down, if you like I can make sure your place is set up, before you turn in for the night," Remy replied, nervously tapping against the side of his mug.

"Um..."Finn wasn't sure what to say. Actually it was more like he didn't know what he would do with the sexy Sheriff in his house, "Sure."

Finn raised his dark brows at his own reply. Oh great, if he wasn't nervous and aroused before...

"Yeah?" Remy looked up for some kind of reassurance. Finn was surprised to see Remy looking as nervous as he felt.

Jackie swept towards them, holding two steaming plates of pot pie in her hands, "Here we are boys. Best pot pie in the whole damn world." She winked and blew a stray hair from her face.

Finn took one whiff of his plate and felt like he had found home. Without waiting for Remy to dig in, he picked up his fork, breaking open the crisp golden crust. A delicious aroma hit his nose and he shuddered, narrowing his eyes in hunger, not at his food, but at the Sheriff.

~~~In the Kitchen~~~

Chris pulled a batch of gooey brownies from the oven and Don was in the corner with a dreamy smile on his face, a smear of pink lipstick on his cheek. The golden blonde took the tray over to the free counter space to let the sweets cool.

Don stopped what he was doing, sniffing the air in Chris' direction, "Damn that smells good."

"You want one?" Chris turned with a cheeky smile. "I bet we could set Kara one aside too."

"Ah man. Kara deserves a whole plate of those brownies," Don sighed.

"Oh really?" Chris beamed, "I bet I could arrange that. You guys could take a batch home after work."

After planting the spark in the couple's thoughts, the food sealed the deal. Chris was not one to mess with fate, never starting something that wasn't already there. The couples were always meant to be, they just needed a little push towards each other. Soul mates deserved to be found, and Chris was always happy to help.

"You think she would take me home?" Don gaped, but excitement was in his dark eyes.

"Take her a dozen of these and I have no doubt my friend," The cook returned.

"Ah thanks man, I owe you one," Don smiled and started humming along with the radio, going back to the dishes.

"You don't owe me a thing," Chris whispered, piling the brownies into a pink box.

He could feel a strong connection taking place in the dining area and grinned, Gods he loved his job.

~~~Remy~~~

Remy watched Jackie leave the table, turning back to see Finn staring at him. The man's dark eyes were heated and full of hunger. Remy had to clear his throat, shift in his seat, and take a sip of coffee to avoid looking back into those dangerous eyes. His stomach beckoned for the food before him, so he broke open the delicious pie.

The second the smell reached his nostrils, he was a goner. The aroma did something to his body that he had never felt before. Remy's eyes shifted towards Finn, raping the city boy's very soul to the core with his stare. Remy shivered at the intensity their connection presented, all of his control slipping away.

He watched as Finn brought a bite of pie to his lips, slowly blowing on the food, his gaze never leaving Remy's eyes. The newcomer slipped the bite in between his lips, pulling the fork from his mouth at an agonizing pace. Finn's tongue licked the fork like it was the best thing he had ever tasted, causing Remy to picture the guy's tongue licking his...

Remy's breath left him in a shudder. This was coming along too quickly. Maybe this was all his imagination. No way would this guy be coming onto him, he was heartbroken and alone, no way would Finn be so trusting so quickly.

To keep his mouth from saying something stupid, he forced a bite of pie inside his mouth. The taste made him close his eyes with a small groan. He had eaten Jackie's pot pie at least three times a week for the past month, and never had it tasted this good. It felt like coming home with a single bite, and Remy let the wonderful taste roll around his tongue.

"Remy?" He heard a husky voice ask, forcing his eyes to open. That voice made his heart do back flips, his name like a poem from Finn's lips. He wanted to reach across the table and slam Finn's lean muscled back against the surface, taking him right here, for the entire world to see.

"Yeah?" Remy managed.

"Are you alright?" Finn looked worried, but Remy just smiled.

"All good," The Sheriff braced his hand against the table to keep from touching the fingers that were so close.

Finn was about to reply, when Remy's radio went off. The Sheriff grunted, pulling the damned annoyance from his belt to answer.

"Sherriff La Croix, do you copy?" Henrietta's voice came over the line.

Remy pressed the radio, "Go ahead Henny."

"We just received a call from Mason, the highways have just been shut down, with whiteout conditions, and it's heading this way. Sheriff Calhoun wanted to give you a heads up for the barricades, I 98 and 124 are down. They're losing power in the farther out residences and already have their deputies checking the roads. I ain't about to bother Le Roy neither, so who do you want sent out to set 'em up?"

Remy sighed, fate had awful timing. The forecast had predicted the blizzard conditions, but a full on whiteout and highways shutting down was bad news. He was going to have to clear out the diner, to get people home safely in time.

"Call in Briggs and Carrow, tell em to set up the barricades for all four main roads leading out of town. If it's as bad as Mason says, were gonna have to do a lockdown for the night. I'm gonna shut down Jackie's and you call over to the bar and tell Luke to do the same. I want everyone off the roads before this storm hits. Do me one last favor and call J.R. and tell him to send a warning out on the air, some folks tune in this late, and word will get around," Remy replied, wracking his brain for anything he was forgetting.

"Oh and go out and check the gates for the generator and make sure they aren't frozen shut again please. That should do it Henny, thanks doll."

"No problem Sherriff. You stay safe out there and I'll let you know if we got any trouble," The cute old bird's voice returned.

"I will. Night Henny," Remy chuckled, clipping his radio back onto his belt.

"Oh my God, I live out there. If they put up a barricade, how will I get home?" Finn started to panic, causing Remy to smile.

"Don't worry city boy, I won't leave you sleeping in this booth. Besides, you drive yourself all the way back there and you're sure to be stuck until the plows hit you up. That could be a couple of days," The Sheriff assured.

"A couple of days? What am I going to do Remy?" Finn groaned and Remy had the sudden urge to comfort him within his own arms.

"Well you can always stay with me. I'm just up the road, got plenty of room," Remy heard himself say with shock.

~~~~In the Kitchen~~~

The radio above the fridge was detailing the latest weather reports, causing Don to worry, "Oh man, this sucks. We haven't had a storm this bad in years, should probably close down early and get folks home. Oh shit, Kara! I hope she hasn't left yet, the roads are icy and she shouldn't drive that piece of crap in this."

The dark haired man rubbed his eyes with his forearm, throwing the sponge in the sink. Chris looked up from his latest dessert creation with a grin, "Why don't you take off Don, I'll clean up, and you get Kara home. Here..." Chris held up the aforementioned brownies to Don.

"Ah man, thanks so much. I really do owe you one," Don squeezed Chris' shoulder, taking the offered box.

"You owe don't owe me a thing. Happy Valentine's Day Don," Chris winked at the dishwasher.

"You too bro, see ya later," Don murmured dreamily, slipping on his thick parka, before stepping out front.

"There won't be a later Don..." Chris murmured to himself and went back to boxing up the last of the baked goods for the night.

~~~Finn~~~

"You want me to stay with you? I mean not to sound ungrateful or anything, but you don't even know me Remy. I don't think that's such a good idea for either of us," Finn was flabbergasted, broken out of his lustful reverie.

"Boy, you wouldn't know the first thing about camping out in a blizzard. Consider it a simple favor and don't make it out to be anything more than that," Remy replied flatly. Finn noticed the man's eyes shift to the table with a hint of disappointment.

Finn felt like an ass. Here this gorgeous, not to mention compassionate man was, offering him safety from the storm, and he was looking for the first way to escape, by throwing up that damned guard again. He exhaled slowly to try that comment again.

"What I meant was...are you sure that's alright with you?" Finn rephrased and the big Sheriff looked up with a little life back in his eyes.

"I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't sure," Remy's voice came husky.

"Okay then..." Finn whispered feeling like this man owned him suddenly. Remy's deep rumble was soothing to him and his simple presence at the table made Finn forget everything else that bothered him about today.

It felt like a weight had been lifted from him, his Gran, his Mom, and Joel seemed to float away with Remy here. He wasn't sure what would happen tonight, but Finn was sure it would end with Remy.

"Let me go talk things over with Miss J and I'll be back. Sit tight Finn..." Remy winked, the sexy gesture making Finn want to crank his shit right there at the table.

Finn was suddenly alone in the booth with nothing more than his blasted phone. An idea occurred to him as he flicked the silly cupid decoration on the table and grabbed the phone next to him. He didn't know what was coming over him, but it felt right.

Pulling up the photos that he had saved to his downloads, he selected them all, and with a deep breath, hit delete. Every photo of Joel, every photo of Finn and Joel, and every stalker like download of Joel and Jacob, gone. Finn stared at the empty screen that was blinking, anxious for new photos to store, and smiled. It took one rugged cop and a pot pie to do it, but his heart felt cleaner and ready for something new.

Finn took in Remy as he slung an arm around the tiny Miss J, a genuine smile across his lips as he chattered to Jackie and the young hostess. He couldn't find a single fault with this man so far, and every minute he felt the pull towards Remy growing stronger. If someone would have told him last night that he would be sitting in a mom and pop diner on Valentine's, with a sexy Sheriff, swirling a fork through a homemade pot pie, Finn would've laughed until he threw up.

Less than twenty fours later though, he couldn't imagine it any other way. His eyes watched Remy take a generous wad of cash out of his pocket, stuff it at Jackie with a laugh, and walk back towards their table. Remy's gaze was already on him within seconds, a look that was meant only for Finn. The Sheriff gave him one of his lazy grins and turned to face the restaurant.

He whistled commandingly and every head in the diner turned, eyes on Sheriff Remy La Croix, "Excuse me folks, I have some bad news. Looks like the blizzard is less than an hour from sweeping through Bermont and at this time I'm asking all of you to get on home. All the highways have been closed down, as well as all of the connecting routes. So if you live anywhere off there, Mrs. Judge has kindly offered the motel up to all of you with no way to get home," A few groans were mingled with some knowing smiles, "Now, give us a few minutes and we'll get all your leftovers boxed up, along with some of those amazing baked goods to take home for all the trouble. Thanks folks and have a Happy Valentine's Day..." Remy nodded, making Finn think on how good he would look tipping a hat.

God, this man was a sweetheart, Finn smiled thirty minutes later. Within minutes Remy had orchestrated a plan, had everyone on their way safely, and was currently helping Jackie wash down a few tables. Finn rose from the booth, looking around for a way to help, when a charming, blonde teenager came out of the back kitchen.

"Oh Chris! Good your still here," Jackie pulled herself from the vinyl booth she was washing down, "I wanted to introduce you to the Sheriff. Remy, this is Chef Chris," She said with a laugh.

"Chef Chris huh? Has a certain ring to it I guess," Chris hugged Jackie from the side lovingly.

"Then there you have it, once you get a nickname like that, can't let you leave," Jackie giggled.

"Well it's nice to meet you Chris, heard wonderful things about you, and might I say, that was hands down the best damned pot pie I have ever eaten," Remy shook the young man's hand eagerly.

Jackie playfully elbowed Remy in the side, "Mind your tongue boy."

"Aw Miss J, you know I adore your cooking, but golden boy here has the touch. You wouldn't happen to have anything sweet back there would ya Chris?" Remy glanced over the counter looking for more pink boxes.

"Actually I have something special for both of you," Chris' eyes were warm, but his words were strangely powerful to Finn.

Finn couldn't help himself as he walked forward to stand next to Remy, wanting to feel his body heat close by. Chris disappeared into the back, only to reappear with two large pink boxes. Remy shifted, noticing Finn next to him with a grin. He shivered as the bigger man moved behind him slowly. The Sheriff seemed to like their proximity just as much as Finn, so he smirked, and leaned back, meeting a hard chest. Finn felt the body behind him stiffen, and he stepped forward in shock. What the hell was he doing? It was like he was magnetized to Remy. Oh no. Did he read the man's signals wrong? Finn suddenly feared that Remy La Croix was not gay at all and he was just another hopeless fool.

~~~Chris~~~

The cook took in the couple as he approached from the kitchen. The flow of heat between them was strong, making Chris radiate with joy. It had been a while since he had seen sparks fly so quickly between a couple and knew the fates were smiling down upon them. The smaller man seemed taken with the Sheriff, but also guarded, afraid almost to let his heart be captured.

It had become apparent through the images Chris had seen, that Finn had been hurt before, not only with his heart, but with every fiber of the man's being. He watched as the poor guy jumped away from the warm body snuggled at his back, completely misinterpreting the situation. Finn was obviously conflicted with the Sheriff's preferences and more importantly his intentions.

Finn nervously leaned against the counter while Chris came to stand in front of the two with the pink boxes. The cook handed one to each man, both of them held a certain excitement in their eyes. Chris awaited the unveiling, watching the two men curiously peer inside the treat containers. His heart soared when Finn gasped, the lid to his box flipped open, unsaid emotions blatant on his face.

"This is...How did you? There's no way you could've known..." Finn stumbled through his speech.

"Known what?" Chris smirked, slinging an arm around Jackie. He knew alright, but he kept mum.

"These are cinnamon tea cakes...I would know them anywhere," Finn's eyes filled with tears and he turned his head to hide his face.

"What's wrong?" Remy swooped in and squeezed the smaller man's shoulder. The Sheriff set the box he held next to him, bringing his free hand to turn Finn's face to his.

"We'll be in the back closing up," Jackie smiled knowingly, grabbing Chris' hand to lead the way.

Chris got one more glimpse of his latest success and followed Jackie into the back. By the end of tonight, those two were going to be madly in love.

~~~Remy~~~

He felt something tug in his chest, watching Finn's eyes fill with unshed tears. Whatever those cookies were, they meant something to him.

"Hey, come here..." Remy pulled Finn to his chest. He just needed to comfort him, make the guy smile for a change.