My Mystery Man Ch. 01

Story Info
Falling for a man who she thought would never love her back.
1.4k words
4.21
9.7k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Today marked my first day at my new job. I was working in the Emergency Registration Department at St. Jude’s Hospital. Previously I had worked at a restaurant, porn store and Juvenile Detention Facility so this was really the most normal group of people I had ever worked with.

My job was quite simple. Any moron could do it. Patients were placed in rooms in the Emergency Room. We had 60 treatment rooms and a waiting room constantly full of patients waiting for their turn to be poked and prodded by our ready and willing staff of doctors and nurses. Once the patient had a room waiting for them, they would be called into the back area and their assigned nurse would come to see them. Next was my turn. It took awhile for the Doctors to actually go and see the patients mostly because they were frequently out smoking or tossing a football around the Doctors lounge.

I would go to see the patient and ask my standard questions:

What’s your name?

Date of Birth?

Address?

Emergency Contact?

Do you have any insurance?
(At our hospital the answer was usually no)

After this litany of information is recited and I seem interested enough to the patient that they thought I cared and wrote down what they said I would go out to my desk and copy their ID and insurance card. I return to the room, give back the insurance cards and ask the patient to sign consent to be treated, sneakily this is also the form that includes the billing information also. Most people don’t realize that they are also agreeing to pay what is almost always an extremely hefty bill.

Next I go and arrange the paper work and my work is quickly done.

My first few weeks were going to consist almost solely of being trained. My immediate supervisor is named Mary and she is a few years older than I am, almost 27, and currently going through a nasty divorce with her husband. She is going to be training me, and that means that she is talking on the phone with her new boyfriend while I register all of the patients and ask her questions when I come across problems.

I didn’t really mind doing all of the work. It was interesting, this was an ER with a trauma service so I got to see all sorts of interesting injuries especially because I worked the 2:30pm - 1am shift. It was just late enough to catch a lot of the weirdo but early enough where I could still sort of wake up in the morning if I had to.
I was sitting at my desk in the corner of the ER when I saw a young and cute guy in a security guard uniform walking my way. He came over and Mary promptly hung up the phone. Her eyes lit up and he smiled a huge smile at her. She introduced me to him and told me his name was Mike, but everybody called him Mikey. I was immediately interested. I had just gotten out of a really bad relationship with my ex and I was looking for a nice, un crazy man.

He had his black hair cut into a short and tight hair cut. No facial hair on his face, and he had a nice tan. The best part was his cute ass and the way his black cargo pants hugged it perfectly. Lucky for me the ER was not busy and he got to spend almost his entire shift that night talking to me. He asked me all sorts of random questions. I learned that he wanted to be a police officer and went to the police academy during the day and worked nights. I thought he was flirting with me, he sure seemed to be interested in every nuance of my life and my past. He asked about my relationships, my family, my goals. I was sorry to see my shift end. As I gathered my things he told me that he would take one of the security golf carts and give me a ride up to my car in the parking garage.

After I had been safely delivered to my car I could not help but wonder what was going to happen with my new friend.

The next day at work I was disappointed to learn that Mikey had the day off. I started to ask Mary all about him. She told me that he was always really friendly, but he really seemed to like me. She also dropped the bombshell that he had a girlfriend who he had been with for a few years, and that she was a bit older than him. I was so sad to hear this. I knew it was stupid to feel like he was flirting with me, but it all had seemed so real. I quickly wrote him off as an interesting anecdote and continued with my training.

I had the next three days off because I was working ten hour shifts and I spent them relaxing and enjoying time home to take the dogs to the beach, go grocery shopping and all of the other things that I had been putting off while I got used to my new work schedule. Sunday I was ready to go back to work again.

I was about four hours into my shift when I spotted Mikey walking through the ER towards me. I was happy he was there because all of the other girls in the department knew each other and were chatting and I knew no one. He came and stood at his usual post by my desk. We started talking and the remaining hours in my shift flew by.

This routine continued for several weeks, probably about two months. Every day Mikey would spend all of his time talking to me. He would escort me to my car each night and check to make sure no strange man was hiding in the back seat. He seemed to good to be true, and I guess he was, since he had a girlfriend at home waiting for him.

A frequent topic of our conversations was school since both of us attended school during the days. Mikey knew that I was an English major and this job was just to get me through that, not a career by any means. He asked me if I would be willing to help a friend of his who was taking an English Comp class through a correspondence school. There was money involved and I could always use the cash so I quickly agreed. All I had too do was write a few short assignments for his friend.

That night Mikey did his usual check of my car and when I went to climb in as he was driving away in the golf cart I noticed a white envelope on the drivers seat. I opened the envelope and this is what the note read:

April

Tomorrow night I am going to leave the books for the class in your mailbox at work. People are talking about us and saying that there is something going on between us. Even though this is not true, I would not like to further these rumors by giving you a bunch of books in the middle of the ER. I would hate to get into trouble and not be able to continue our conversations.

Your safety and security officer
Mikey

I drove home and went inside. I was contemplating what the note said. He had said that this was not true, there was nothing between us. I couldn’t help but feel hurt by that. I knew he had a girlfriend, although neither of us had ever brought it up. When I asked Mikey certain personal questions, he would either not answer me or make up something that was easily a lie. I asked him how old he was and he told me 45. I knew that he was no older than 28 at the most. His behavior was a bit confusing to me, but I wrote it off for now and started working on my new homework assignments for his friend.

I crawled into bed that night and I was still thinking of Mikey. Still thinking of how good he looked and how much I loved it when he smiled at me. I got out my vibrator and pretended it was him making me orgasm and shake, I knew that it was just a fantasy and that with him having a girlfriend, not ever going to happen. Even though I knew that, I still fell asleep contented, and I dreamt of how his cock would feel pounding into me.