New Kingdom: European Court Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

"Everyone that fears the success of these rebels," the man replied in his distinct accent. "The humans that fight with you have lost friend or family to these bastards. It stops here. Tonight," he stated offering a hand to assist the vampire up from the ground. "The name is Alex."

"We've heard of you," the vampire answered. "You're the son to the Australian king."

"Stepson," Alex corrected.

"To a vampire, they are the same. Hey! Look behind ...." the man started but realized Alex was already aware of the attack.

With a simple twist, he swung the blade away from his chest and across the necks of two approaching rebels. The cut was clean and quick. Heads and bodies hit the ground with a dull thud.

"Let's finish this conversation after this fight," Alex said and ran to his next victim.

***

"I killed it, Gabriel," Tec announced approaching his brother. "Well, I had some help but the Panthralges is dead."

"Some help?" Gabriel smirked. "She's a tough lady. And I dare say that she was fueled with some animosity for how her daughter has been treated."

"I'm sure," Tec agreed. "She hopes Emma and Antony will join us in Rio." When Gabriel remained silent, he added, "But we aren't returning home, are we Gabe?"

"Maybe. One day. But not in the same capacity," Gabriel finally said gauging his brother's reaction.

"Just as well," Tec said and then laughed at his brother's surprise. "Christ, man, did I just manage to surprise you? Listen, I'm all about cleaning up this shit and taking a vacation. Hide until needed."

"Vacation sounds good," Gabriel agreed watching his troops move closer to the tunnels. "I wonder how many there are?"

"How many what?"

"Panthralges. I killed one in the States and you killed one just now. After we hit their blood banks, clubs and finances, I was expecting to see all of them."

"Maybe we have."

"Two? Why only two?" Gabriel questioned.

"The second creation started with two," Tec reasoned. "Maybe they started with two and created more."

"Maybe," Gabriel said. "But two doesn't feel right."

"Because it's not right, Gabe," Edward said approaching the group with Antony. "We just cleared the tunnels. No more Panthralges but we did find evidence of one that had been dismembered."

"So there were three," Tec said hesitantly.

"If there are more, they will show themselves soon enough," Gabriel said. "Are the temples and tunnels wired?"

"Yes," Antony answered. "We've sealed every entrance except the main."

"Good. Let's divide the sheep from the goats," Gabriel ordered moving closer to the fight.

"The who from the what?" Antony called after his brother.

"He means we are at the point that we separate the dumb followers from the rabid beasts," Tec answered moving to join Gabriel.

Antony started moving but stopped when he realized that Edward remained behind. Following his brother's gaze, he watched the human, sent from Australia, sheath his sword. The man had fought to save the New Kingdom from the initial attack. In all of his days, Antony had never seen a better warrior.

"He's a work of art, isn't he?" Antony asked Edward.

"He's more than that," Edward answered. "I wonder if Gabriel realizes who he will be."

***

"You've done well," Gabriel said clapping Alex on the back. "I could have stayed home."

"Thanks mate," Alex replied flashing a smile. "They were untrained so they only had numbers on their side."

"And you've managed to reduced those significantly," Gabriel replied. "But we are supposed to accept those who surrender."

"I didn't see any white flags."

"Did you even look?"

***

At the entrance to Antony's property, Phillip glanced at the dark horizon. It would be dawn soon so the battle should be almost finished. He turned to gaze at the rolling hills of the countryside and the procession of those who had surrendered themselves into Gabriel's custody. The group, escorted by several vampires he had trained, moved like the breeze through the streets. Phillip chuckled at the thought of any humans seeing this parade passing through the city.

He had remained at the gates, only moving into the house to complete the last of Gabriel's requests. Everything had progressed as planned. He nodded to his soldiers as they passed moving their "guests" to the assigned location. When the final group had entered the gates, Phillip raised his hand to salute his general across the vast distance and turned to follow the others.

"I guess my life is about to change," he mumbled. As if in response, the resonating thunder of an explosion echoed behind him.

***

The four brothers of the New Kingdom walked together as the temples burned in their wake. They walked at an easy pace, not at vampire speed but not at a speed that could be seen by humans. The fire burned hot as the bodies of the dead fueled the flames. Enough accelerants had been used to ensure that no evidence would be found. When the humans in the city discovered the flames, they would assume a natural resource had been ignited.

"Where do we go now?" Edward asked as they walked through the city.

"I think we should all meet at Heron's," Gabriel answered. "We need to regroup and plan to...."

"Heron's?" Antony interrupted. "Are you serious? We just killed the rebellion that's tormented us for years and you want us to pack up and move? No way. I don't know about you guys, but I'm going home to be with my beautiful ...."

Antony was interrupted as the loud explosion rocked him backwards. He jumped to his feet to watch the gates, walls and driveway of his home explode in rapid succession. When the bomb in the house detonated, glass and debris flew past him. Standing in shock, he looked for a small part of his home that could have escaped the damage but found flames in every window. With an exaggerated moan, the burning mass swayed and fell to a heap in less than five seconds.

"Emma!" he screamed and tried to run but was quickly tackled by Gabriel.

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers