Nia: There Be Weres and Demons

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"Hi guys." I get out with a weak smile my mouth is so dry I turn back to the nurse. "Give me the damn cup I can't taste my tongue."

"I really shouldn't you have a drip taking care of your liquid needs." I lean over and grab her uniform with my right and pull her close.

"Either give me the damn cup or find out why no assassin will go after me." She gulps and gives me the cup then heads out of the room.

"Nia you really should be nicer." I look over at Sam she's looking a little worried.

"Sam I was supposed to see Candice again last night after. I get the feeling I missed my old friend stewardess." Samuel chuckles and shakes his head.

"Candice was here last night and the day before, seems she is taking time off to talk to you when you woke up." I stop taking a sip through the straw and stare at them both.

"How long was I out?" Sam and Samuel share a glance at each other Sam looks back at me first.

"Four days well five if you count your first day here. The local police want to ask you for tips on how to find the sniper that took out Walter Green. We need you for help on a problem of rather major problem size. Constance has taken over in your absence but damn we need you." I stare at Sam mouth hanging open then start to giggle.

"I think I should plead the fifth on the sniper. What's the problem?" Samuel leans closer with a smile.

"There seems to be at least one were animal slaughtering people. We also can't figure out how your ribs were cracked." I sigh and put the cup down, it's empty anyway.

"I can't believe nobody found it, I'm lying here because I think four wolves were chasing a tiger. I got right in the middle of it exiting a building into the alley. I protected from the first wolf with my case and ended up on my back under a wolf. Another wolf bit into my ankle and was trying to drag me backwards. I kicked that one got the other off me and shot both. The tiger came up getting my attention, it backed up and roared making me look past my feet, there was a wolf the size of a fucking horse. It jumped on me before I could get my Uzi aimed on him. Cut it almost in half lengthwise then shot the head apart. Two wolves ran away and the tiger grabbed me by the shoulder and dragged me where the police found me."

"There were only two bodies found, both human with no clothes. There was way more blood than two bodies could leave. Your tiger was not to be found, no one saw you get dragged to the sidewalk, you were just found by a cop. Explains the bite marks in your ankle and shoulder though." Sam looks between Samuel and I puzzled before leaning closer.

"There is one thing I don't understand. You always knew a were was a were, yet you talk like you thought it was four wolves a tiger and whatever that big thing was." I sigh and tap Sam on the forehead.

"I can't watch them change shape, if they appear as an animal I don't know the difference unless I think about seeing them. I'm not even sure I would see them as people going about on hands and feet if I did. I have a question, well a couple related questions, did I have internal bleeding and am I pregnant still?"

"No and yes you are still a mother to be. Your arm will be a little stiff the tiger bite perforated the muscles of your arm. Your ribs were cracked but not broken, broken. As I recall you are perfectly able to be up and about with only pain. Your ankle is just going to be sore and the doctor said you can't walk long distances in one go." I sigh and pull Sam to me for a hug, both of us giggle when my stomach grumbles.

The door opening gets all of us to look, what has to be a doctor comes in with Falco. Falco is in his why can't he wear anything else black suit with a white shirt. The doctor is in surgery scrubs with the hair band on his head, the white coat hanging open revealing a rather nice body.

"There you go Sam cute doctor to marry." I say poking Sam.

Sam looks at me her mouth hanging open in shock and then turns pink. Samuel groans then hits me on the arm and does the same to Sam. The smiling doctor comes over to look at me, using a penlight and a few other things. I have to sit up for him making my back and chest ache, then I realize I have a catheter.

"You have recovered quite well from the shock of whatever happened to you. I'm sure your friends here have told you already but just in case I'm going to go over everything. Your ankle is fine it will hurt and you should not put much pressure on it. Only walk around as much as you have to, same with your shoulder the muscle is only perforated so try and not shoot left handed or reach up high. Your ribs are only fractured, try and not bend over a lot and don't pick up anything heavier than a magazine or newspaper for the next month. You are a happily married woman so I'm going to add in don't do missionary, ride him or doggy style otherwise you risk worsening the broken ribs." I sigh and nod at the doctor not really liking where this discussion went.

"I'm hungry and I want to go back to my hotel or well someplace else and order a pizza. I'd also really like to not have a catheter." Sam giggles into her hand, the doctor smiles and nods at me.

"I will go and get the paperwork started on releasing you. I'll also find a nurse to remove the catheter. Now if you feel dizzy for no reason, sit down and get an ambulance. We can find no signs of head trauma but in your case it is a possibility. If you feel sick lie down and get an ambulance, it is possible there are bone fragments loose in your chest. We have looked but the smallest ones can kill and do not show up. Now that I've scared you, don't worry it's just a doctor's way of protecting his own ass from lawsuits, I will get the nurse and started on your paperwork. Be back in no more than half an hour."

We watch the doctor leave Falco stays and comes over to stand next to the bed. I lean back give him a look then motion him closer.

"Out with it." Falco sighs, looks at Sam and Samuel then moves closer.

"Things seem to be escalating, at first it was just random animal attacks type thing. It was thought to be just wolves surprising a home owner and being well wolves. Now, that's not the thinking, three people are dead since you ended up in here. Your attack looks more like a tug of war over you the rest, well two were in apartments, not on the first floor. Unless wolves are rabid and can work an elevator or open emergency doors without the alarm werewolves are attacking people. We've checked they are not listed as were or mages." A nurse comes in and stands back waiting for us to finish talking.

"One question then we let the nurse get rid of this catheter. Was there a really big wolf bite marks? My ribs are cracked because one the size of a horse stood on me the body was not found so well I don't want to think on that part."

"It's well impossible to tell, they aren't just killing them. We've sent the remains to Washington to be examined there, the people here don't have the equipment we do. Should hear back in a day or two, I've got crime scene pictures you can look over and the one from last night is still mostly intact." I nod and motion the nurse over.

I stare up at the ceiling while she works the darn thing loose. Catheters are basically the doctor's punishment on you for getting sick or hurt. They really suck going in I think, never had one put in when I'm awake. Coming out it's almost like you're trying to pass a small kidney stone. Doesn't hurt but you feel full in a spot you really don't want to feel full at. The nurse leaves with a smile and a look of condolences, perhaps they make nurses put in and take out catheters on each other.

"Samuel do weres always live like a person, house job so on or can they go out and be a wolf in a pack?" Samuel sighs and looks down before looking at me.

"Yes and yes, most of us will just be a person and use their animal form as an escape from an ex or in-law. Some go a little mad and live out the rest of their life as an animal. Those would not do what we are experiencing. I've spoken to the locals, they don't know who is doing this they want them found just as much."

"So much for that thought, alright so we're looking for persons. I need to eat, and I think I need to sleep, I'm tired something of a gnawing on the back of my eyes. Take me to a bed out of here let me sleep and eat maybe in that order and then we can take a look."

When the doctor comes back Sam makes it a point to ask if I'm supposed to be tired. He explains it to her while I get dressed then I have to sign a bunch of forms. I glance at the forms until the last one this one is marked with red and draws my eye. I look it over and look up at the doctor then hand it over to Samuel who curses a few times.

"So I might be a were now?" The doctor sighs and nods.

"Both of your bites show intelligence, the animals in your case a wolf and tiger did not try and feed. Both for all intents and purposes were trying to get you out of the area. You are the first person we have given that form to since it was written up. The stories talk about having to survive an attack, not true all it takes is a bleeding bite."

"What about my child?" The bottom of me falls out at the idea, not that my child is going to be a were but that he or she may be in danger.

"We do not know, the trolls do not have records of a pregnant woman being bitten by a were anything. If you are a were just try to not go wolf or tiger, your child would not handle that well."

To say I took the news well would be a lie Samuel and Sam have to help me walk out of the hospital. I am surprised and glad there are no reporters waiting for us. I think I asked for my guns in the car, I do not recall the answer. I was to busy holding to my child worried whether they are healthy or not. Tears streaming down my face Sam pulls me to her in the back seat, eventually my eyes close.

I wake again smelling pizza, and Ben. I sit up looking around I see the pizza on the TV in the room Ben is not around. He appears looking worried at my cry for him, I hold my arms out to him and he comes fast. I collapse into his arms and cry I'm overcome with the worry for the life inside of me. I don't know if we will have a healthy child or if what has happened to me will hurt our child.

Even knowing it was not my fault doesn't help. I feel helpless and small and I hate feeling like that. I've only ever felt like that once before, perhaps it is why I became an assassin. Perhaps feeling small and helpless in the police station is why I turned to a life of crime. I shake my head to clear that thought from my head and look up at Ben to say I'm sorry. I open my mouth and Constance walks in looking a little worried.

"I'm sorry to interrupt we have the werewolves trapped in an apartment, twentieth floor, they can't jump and police in the hallway. Snoopy and Ben-Ben already left we need you Nia." Ben pulls back to look at me then we both look at Constance.

"I don't have any of my guns." It feels like an excuse, perhaps it is.

Constance and Ben smile at me then head for the closet my heart sinks a little when they pull out my suitcase and open it. I don't want to go anywhere, I want to sit here and wallow in self pity. Instead, I get up and go look, all of my guns are there. I have a replacement gun my auto shotgun is new this one has a barrel clip. I sigh and pull out the emergency outfit getting a surprised look from Constance and Ben.

Neither says anything while I pull on the armored pants. Really nothing more than leather pants with metal plates sown into them along with layers of Kevlar. The shirt is hard to put on, the wrap on my chest and my hurt muscles make it hard to put my arms up enough. Ben helps me put the Kevlar vest on then stands with Constance and watches as I get my pistols and mini Uzi's attached to the vest. After getting my new shotgun hanging from my shoulder I pull out the plated long coat under the guns.

"Nia I really must ask, why do you have a Kevlar vest, armored pants, and long coat in your gun suitcase?" Constance looks confused and a little worried.

"Because I got lucky very early on, walked into a really bad spot, I lived they did not. I didn't want to be shot three times again and these are really good when I'm doing a number of targets and can't use explosives." Ben and Constance trade a shocked look before Ben comes over and gives me a kiss.

"Nia how did you get help with three gunshots wounds?" I smile up at Ben.

"I finished them off then lied down and played victim. It's really amazing how even a policeman will listen to a petite little woman with three bullet holes. Why do you think I asked the president for a full pardon? I've been at five of my targets when the police showed up saying I'm the assassin would have put me up for a trial on five different murders by the feds." Constance giggles and comes over to take my arm.

"Come on we need to go before the cops get antsy and just go in." I grab up the pizza box on the way out.

I sit in the back seat with Sam to eat the pizza, we didn't bring a soda. I'm groaning about that while I eat the slice. I don't even get to finish my first slice when we reach the apartment building. There are reporters yelling at us across the street, I ignore them, Constance sighs and goes that way. There is a cop standing at the elevator he looks at us and moves away a little. While we wait for the elevator to arrive I steal a glance at him.

This cop is no more than drinking age, likely less his uniform looks new and clean. He has brown hair peaking out from his hat with striking blue eyes. When the elevator door opens and we step in I can see him relaxing. Apparently my reputation has preceded me or perhaps I look that pissed. I take a look at me in the reflective section of the elevator and curse.

I don't look pissed I look like death warmed over I have black under my eyes. My eyes are bloody with my hair looking like I had a pillow fight and I lost. I turn on Ben and hit him on the arm then I turn and hit Sam who had started giggling.

"You two could have mentioned I look this bad."

"I think you look lovely." Ben says with a straight face, I sigh and stomp on his foot.

"Ben dear I love you but tell me I need to brush my hair when I do, I am armed you know." Ben sighs and pulls Sam in front of him as the elevator door opens.

I sigh and shake my head before going out into the hallway. It's easy to find the police no one else goes around with assault rifles and tactical armor in an apartment building. I walk that way seeing Falco and one of the cops in armor coming toward me, this one doesn't have a helmet on. They try and get in my way, I just scoot around them and keep going.

"Nia wait they want to give you a sit rep." I sigh and shake my head.

"I don't need one or want one." Somebody grabs my arm and makes me stop, I turn and look up at the cop, way up he's tall.

"Then what are you going to do?" His voice is strained and nervous apparently my reputation has preceded me very thoroughly.

"I'm going to go into that apartment and kill everything that moves. Don't follow me and stay out of the doorway I'm fast and don't think before shooting." He lets go of my arm.

I turn and head for the door pulling up the shotgun as I go three cops in the hallway around the door get up and go past me. I turn to the door and shoot the doorknob. I don't just shoot the doorknob a good sized section of the door disappears. I kick the door open and have an urge to yell honey I'm home I start to giggle as I shoot a wolf that appears at the end of the hall. I shoot him twice I know it's a him his wang is hanging under him as his head and part of one side of him explode in a cloud of blood.

I continue to giggle as I move into the apartment. I can't help but think of the niceness of this apartment. It is more of a house than apartment the hallway is long with a door to my left that I am at. I carefully open it to find a bathroom with a large bathtub shower, the curtain is pulled back to reveal nothing inside. I take a moment to think the dark emerald green toilet and tub are nice with the ivory wall.

A door on the left has me stop again this one unlike the bathroom is a swinging door. I push it wide and follow it in to find another wolf on the dining room table. I look at this wolf as I turn to it everything seeming to move slowly. It seems to take forever for me to turn in to the aim on the wolf, all white and soft grey. The wolf seems scared it stares at me a scant moment before moving. Each step on the wooden table clicking and scratching as it nears the edge for a leap.

I get my aim on the wolf, my first shot halting the leap before it starts with a large red hole on the chest. Before the wolf has stopped sliding backward I put another hole in the wolf launching it off the back of the table. It hits the wall with a crunch and slides down leaving a red streak. A second wolf appears through the swinging door farther in the room. This one is golden brown with a tuft of white on the chest.

The wolf turns toward me and hunkers down growling baring teeth. I aim at the head and fire I turn back toward the first swinging door as the head explodes. I am splattered on my front and side with the blood and heavier materials of the head. Pulling out the second barrel clip for the shotgun I step through the swinging door knowing there is one more wolf and the big one. The fast steps of a good sized dog on the hallway carpet has me rolling away from the swinging door.

The door is pushed out of the way by the charging wolf. I get a brief moment to see the door swinging fast out of the hallway. I see the wolf is a black and brown wolf spotted to blend into the forest. Really a beautiful animal with golden eyes coming at me mouth open in a snarl. I stay low put the shotgun up and start shooting, the first round hits the wolf on the shoulder staggering it to the wall with a plume of blood. My second shot hits the wolf in the face the head explodes putting even more blood and other bits on me.

The clip in the shotgun hits the ground as I hear heavier steps coming down the hallway. The swinging door has swung back it was hit hard by the wolf and is again in the hallway. I fall on my butt when the massive wolf barrels through the door. I have a scant moment to realize it is smaller now, before it was perhaps six feet tall, now it is about four feet or so, hard to tell with it running low down. Larger than most dogs let alone a wolf it comes for me mouth wide fangs glistening.

With the clip inserted and the shotgun loaded I raise it up and shoot the head. The head explodes in a rather satisfying spray of blood and bone yet the animal keeps coming. Without time for anything else I put my feet up into the thing and get shoved along the carpet. Thankful for the jacket I'm wearing I start pumping shells into the chest of the thing. I'm getting sprayed with blood with every shot, the hole in the chest opening wider and wider.

I can see the internal organs, there's what is left of the heart, little more than a hanging bit of muscle now. The lungs on either side are shredded a little showing a bit of pink despite the blood everywhere. The smell permeating the air tells me I either destroyed the intestines or there was a bowel movement. I look around when I realize the thing isn't still shoving me before it, I am half into the building hallway. The tactical officers are staring at me mouths wide, Constance and Ben are standing there trying not to laugh.

Waving to the cops to go in I roll out of the apartment and try to stand up. Everything goes a little wrong then, I stagger to the far wall with spots in my vision. I look up at Constance and Ben worry on their faces as they run for me. Ben catches me when I lose my balance completely. I look up at him with a smile as I apologize, I don't know for what but I do. I remember being carried to the elevator I think I complained about the music or rather lack of. The last thing I remember is asking for my purse, I don't remember why.

emap
emap
237 Followers