Nicholas' Bargain Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
redsoles
redsoles
295 Followers

As her breath left her in panting gasps, she watched in fascination as he threw back his head and shouted, his cock pushing so far into her that it hurt. She pushed at his chest as he continued but he shoved her hands aside and slipped one of his own between her thighs, grabbing at the hard bud between her thighs, rolling it between his fingers and she shook as he brought her to another peak, her voice drowned out as he joined her.

*

With her head pressed close to his chest, his large hand cradling it, Lara pressed a shy kiss to the skin beneath her and felt Nicholas stiffen in response.

'Do you hurt,' he said, breaking the silence following the urgent rutting of some moments ago.

'Not much,' she admitted, nuzzling her face against lazily into his silky chest.

'You love me still?'

'What difference does it make,' Lara mused aloud, 'since you do not believe in the concept?'

'No, I do not,' he admitted at last. 'It is not a word or sentiment common to my lot.'

Twining an arm about his neck, his mate replied teasingly, 'Then I shall just have to convince you. I shall have you head over heels in love with me before you know it.'

He gave her a dubious look at her strange choice of phrasing and she laughed in response.

What a fine creature she was, he mused. So beautiful, so innocent and yet despite all that, she possessed a boldness of spirit that stunned him. Before turning her, he would get a child off of her, he mused. He enjoyed the idea of having half-mortal offspring on the premise that they would have her innocent vibrancy in them. Pleased by the thought, he felt his already hard manhood throb in need and cupped her well-curved hip tightly.

'No, wait-' Lara braced a hand on his chest. 'How many years do you have?'

'More than you have no doubt imagined. I have seen centuries pass,' he remarked dryly, his eyes unblinking as he watched for her reaction.

'How many,' Lara insisted, feeling the wet tip of his hardness probing at her stomach. Resisting the urge to yield to him as her heart demanded, she looked at him expectantly, suddenly desperate to know everything she could about him before mindless pleasure weakened her senses.

'I do not know,' he admitted. 'I do not recall my birth,' he said shrugged then, his hand lazily caressing her thigh.

'You mean you had a mother, a father?' she exclaimed over the thought. Where did demons hail from, from a Christian perception? The only things she had gleaned from pouring over the few texts she could find on the subject seemed only to speak of their depravity and sin.

'Not in the way you do, my dear. I had a sire and a vessel to birth me, that is all.'

'A vessel?'

He shrugged, clearly disinterested by the direction of conversation. 'A female. Or at least that is one possibility for my kind – not being able to recall my beginnings, I could just as well have been one of the Initiators – the first of the fallen who populated my world.'

'Fallen angels,' Lara murmured on a slow nod, recalling the Sunday School lectures of her youth. She looked up at him quickly then, her eyes having previously been fixed on his chest, unseeing. An angel, a fallen angel, a demon. Too fantastical to properly digest and yet here she lay with such a one.

'Are there many of you? In your world?'

Nicholas frowned but upon seeing her eager, rapt expression, conceded, 'It is a world, my sweet – just as vast as your own, in some respects, and just as problematic, in many of the same. We, too, answer to a leader,' he muttered grimly.

'The Devil,' Lara whispered, shuddering and Nicholas laughed heartily in her ear.

'Nay,' he grinned. 'The name was fabricated by your people. But, let us just say, he shares many of the aforementioned fictional creature's attributes.'

'What is he like?' Lara asked, her head moving on his hard shoulder. 'Do you see him often?'

Nicholas asked arching a black brow, though his face was indulgent, 'Do you lunch with your pinch-faced Queen?'

Lara stared at sheepishly, 'Well, no...I hadn't thought of it in that way. But,' she perked up again as a fresh thought occurred, 'if you are so ancient, why are you so fair and youthful?' she questioned, running a demonstrative hand over his taut, smooth forearm.

He smiled at her eager, gleaming eyes and explained, like an elder explaining something of great interest to a receptive youth, 'Our shells cease degeneration once we achieve our mental maturity. We reflect the façade most relatable to mortals – the façade of our Iniators. All the better to entice you with,' he added dryly.

Giving his taut, contoured chest an appreciative once over, Lara said shyly, 'And what a fine time it was that you reached your maturity.'

Amused, Nicholas sought out her ear and whispered that she had not been so shy when she had shredded the skin of his buttocks as she wordlessly urged him to fill her deeper but before she could protest her shamelessness, Nicholas entered her on a swift thrust, her swollen, abused muscles protesting the invasion, even as her legs tightened high about his back in fierce welcome.

*

Waking with a start, Lara stared at the ceiling in bemusement. Early morning light showed intricate cornicing and an ornate gold mirror on the opposite wall. It was enough to convince Lara, waking up in this foreign room, that she had not imagined the night that had passed. Quickly turning to her side, she gasped as she met the unblinking ice blue eyes regarding her. Nicholas looked wide awake, alert, as he considered her at his leisure.

'You should have woken me,' Lara muttered, her tone laced with uncertainty, though not about her own inner thoughts. Rather, she feared Nicholas's reaction now that enough time had passed – his expression was unreadable, nothing flickered in those cool eyes of his.

'You were tired,' Nicholas returned after a moment, smoothing a hand over her tumbled hair, his expression softening in the light as she sighed and moved into his caress. 'I was demanding of you...'

'And I you,' Lara smiled. 'Did you not – do you not sleep?' she frowned up at him as he gathered her neatly within the cradle of his arms, her chin resting on his chest.

'Sleep is possible,' he replied lazily. 'But rarely necessary-' his previously indulgent expression disappeared. 'You,' he said, staring above her head.

A gaunt face peered out at them from the doorway.

'Cole?' Lara murmured, pulling the soft sheets over her shoulders.

'Morely,' Nicholas stated dispassionately above her head, his hand pushing her own head deeper into his chest, as if to shield her. 'You've disappointed me, I must say. You are also too late.'

Lara passed Nicholas a confused look. He looked utterly composed, his nude length stretched out across the bed as he met the wide eyes of their intruder.

'It's never too late,' Cole said with force, though his voice trembled at the end. 'Lara, please-'

'You may not address her.'

Lara shivered at the cold warning and glanced at Nicholas.

'Lara, please, you must listen – you have a choice. He cannot take you with your consent...please, Lara, I urge you, come to me. Amelia is sick with fear.'

'She lied to me,' Lara shook her head. 'She would have let me believe Nicholas was never here.'

Cole stared at her dumbly for a moment as if surprised at her answer. 'Don't you see?' he implored, seeming to struggle on the spot as if an invisible force prevented him from coming into the room. 'He is manipulating you.'

'No,' Lara said quietly. 'I had a choice – and I chose...' she met the intense eyes mere inches from her and something in her chest bloomed with warmth. 'I chose.'

A large hand cupped her hair at that and brought her head back to the hard chest beside her with a gentle pressure. Too well-bred and inherently shy to not feel embarrassed by the situation, Lara allowed Nicholas to hold her to him, closing her eyes and breathing in his intoxicating scent as she waited for Nicholas to make Cole understand.

'Leave us,' the words rang with a clapping finality.

'It is not over.'

Nicholas snorted at that. 'The fool has left.'

Lara cracked an eye open and looked around the room. 'Aunt Cecilia will be looking for me...and the maid's. I must return.'

'You are mine now,' Nicholas pointed out patiently and Lara threw him an arch look.

'And does that also mean thatyouare mine?' she threw back in challenge, refusing to rise to his innate arrogance, secretly amused by it.

He was silent for a moment, his hand continuing to brush through her hair. 'It does.'

Lara beamed at the admission and Nicholas threw her a sheepish look.

'But I must return,' she said, rubbing a shy hand over his chest in unconscious supplication. 'You can't just think to up and run with me. What about my clothes?' she said then, putting her practical hat on as the fully realisation of what she'd done – and their consequences – began to magnify.

'What of them? They were poorly made and not fit to cover you.'

She gave him a narrow look and sat up straighter in the bed, doubling the blanket over her body so that she was covered closely from neck down.

'Most of my possessions...' were at a house in the country. 'I suppose they are of little use to me now,' she thought of her bedroom back at her old family home, of the childhood toys and memories. 'What is to happen now, then?' she asked. 'Am I – are we to live here? Because we must marry before that happens,' she chided him. 'I don't want people calling me a slattern behind my back.'

'No, we will not marry,' before Lara could argue, Nicholas continued easily, 'that is only a tradition for your people but to my people, our bond has already been sealed. You pledged yourself wholly to me and I you.'

'Just like that...' Lara trailed off, bewildered.

'Yes, just like that. And it is bigger – much bigger, than words spoken in a musty house of religion, I assure you.Thisis for eternity. We will leave this place,' he turned onto his side and stared intently into her eyes.

Somehow, she didn't quite believe he meant this house of his.

'And go where?' she murmured. 'Will – will you slay me?'

He frowned at her. 'It is the way it must be – you will join me in my own world and stay by my side for all time. It is our way. It is merely the path to pass from one world to the next. We will be together'

Lara shuddered. 'Why can we not just live – here? This house is so beautiful.'

With an indulgent smile, Nicholas said, 'It is nothing compared to my other residence, my pet. You will live like a queen there.'

'But what of my family?'

Nicholas grunted. 'Your father who cared so little for your life that he bartered it to me? The people who you believed to be your parents, who beat you should you blaspheme or show an ounce of spirit? Nay, do not cry...' Nicholas frowned and sat up swiftly, taking her by the arms. 'I only meant to speak the truth but I was cruel, I will learn-'

'You are right. My – parents, were not so terrible. They could have allowedhimto have me sent to an orphanage, after all.'

'But you do not love them,' Nicholas pointed out, stroking her arms.

'No,' Lara said quietly and looked up. 'But I love Amelia,' she stared at him insistently, willing him to understand. 'I – I love London in the summer – taking strolls about Hyde Park in the afternoons, watching people walk past in their finery...the British Museum! I – I would never again see another exhibition at the Museum,' she stopped, aware that her plea made little sense and Nicholas was silent, staring at her broodingly.

'Dress yourself,' he said after a moment, slipping from the bed and presenting her with the view of his hard buttocks.

Lara watched him warily as he strode across the room and disappeared and waited in confusion in the bed, the warmth having seemingly left with his presence. A tentative knock on the door heralded the arrival of Martha, her expression fearful.

'I have water for you to wash by, my lady.'

'Martha!' Lara scurried from the bed, embarrassed as she tried to conceal her body with the luxurious sheets that still held Nicholas' smoky, drugging scent.

'You are well?' the older lady asked nervously.

'Yes – you need not look so scared. He did not hurt me,' she assured on a smile. 'Is – was he angry?'

'My lord is ever inscrutable,' the woman mumbled, bringing in a large bucket of water. 'You must wash and then dress yourself swiftly. It is best never to keep my lord waiting.'

So saying, Martha filled the slipper tub and hurried her along, practically pushing Lara down the ornately carved staircase once she was dressed and there at the foot of the stairs stood a handsomely dressed Nicholas.

He watched her progress unsmilingly and dismissed Martha with a jerk of his black head and as soon as the woman left, Lara gave his obstinate expression a quick look before pulling his head towards her, pressing her lips to his and giving him a quick, shy flick of the tongue when he opened his mouth in surprise.

Setting him away, she watched his expression carefully. His light eyes appeared bright and hot.

'You appear happy.'

'Is that a crime, Nicholas?'

A look of acute relief passed over his features as he allowed his stoic guard to drop for once and he smiled slowly. 'Never. Come, a carriage awaits.'

Lara took his proffered arm slowly, an uneasy feeling settling in her stomach as he led her outside.

'Get in,' he said then, opening one of the sleek, carriage doors.

'Are you not coming?'

'Nay – go along to your aunt's house. I will return anon. Do not look so worried,' Nicholas said gently then, 'Do you truly believe I will leave you now? Do you not know me?'

Reaching up a hand, Lara caressed his smooth face. 'I know you – but I don't understand-'

Lifting her easily, Nicholas settled her in the carriage. 'I love you,' he said then, his expression quite fierce as he declared the sentiment. 'Await me,' he pressed a fleeting kiss to her furrowed brow and briskly shut the door in her face, turned and disappeared back into his townhouse.

*

'Oh, thank God, Lara!'

Aunt Cecilia's reddened eyes widened in relief as she pulled Lara into a tight hug.

'Amelia said such- such things! That you had been abducted by Lord Armel! Lord Armel, she said! She would not let me call the police.'

Pulling out of the stifling grasp, Lara looked around the morning room. 'Where is Amelia?'

'In bed,' her aunt dismissed, petting at Lara's somewhat tangled hair. 'She was quite hysterical, you know, saying all sorts of things....' She paused, her expression disturbed. 'The physician gave her a draught; she will be fine but tell me, my dear: did Lord Armel compromise you?'

Meeting the intent eyes, Lara took a fortifying breath. 'I love him, aunt.'

'Good grief!' the woman threw up her arms, looking quite beside herself with excitement. 'You poor child! He has used you, no doubt, but do not fear...Miles-'

'Aunt,' Lara said gently. 'He loves me, too.'

The woman gave her a pitying look. 'You are overwrought – come, let's get you upstairs. I shall call for a bath to be drawn.'

'I have bathed,' Lara shook of the coaxing arm wrapping about her shoulder.

'No doubt you have,' her aunt said dryly.

'My lady – there is a man here, wishing for an audience with you?' a maid said patiently from the door and Lara and her aunt exchanged looks.

'Well,' Aunt Cecilia said after a moment. 'It is always the quiet ones, is it not, Lara? Do not worry dear – in the absence of my husband and your parents, I shall take charge. You leave it to me,' she soothed, her eyes bright with anticipation as she marched out of the room.

*

'My dear lord Armel – marriage? You are aware that Lara is only the daughter of a-'

'I am aware of her parentage,' Nicholas interrupted impatiently.

Lady Cecilia bristled slightly. 'Her father must be approached, of course.'

'Nay – I will not wait.'

The woman seated before him exclaimed in surprise, 'But there will be talk, my lord!'

Nicholas inclined his head, not caring either way.

'I see. Is there a chance she may already be with child? Exactly how long has this being going on, my lord? Lara is a tender sort and I feel strongly that she should not be at the centre of ridicule. Surely you can wait at least until an announcement can be made in The Times?'

'Would that - please her?'

The woman blinked. 'Well, I – it is the proper way,' she nodded, watching him closely.

Curse the endless and meaningless traditions, Nicholas thought bitterly. Still, he would rather do it properly than half-heartedly. He would please her, show her that he was worthy of being her mate.

'Very well. I will arrange for it to be done for tomorrow's post.'

Lady Cecilia gave him a patronising smile at that. 'I am afraid it will take a few days yet for it to appear in print.'

'Not for me,' Nicholas said crisply, rising from his seat. 'I have shall we say... friends at the paper. Good day, my lady,' he dismissed, striding from the woman as she hurried to answer, her farewell dying on her lips.

*

'I will not let you leave the house – he will not win.'

Lara sighed at Amelia's stubborn expression as she struggled to sit upright in bed.

Angry, Lara rose. 'Stop – your fear is baseless. I am back, am I not? By Nicholas' own hand, too. He has not hurt me, Amelia. Do not hate what you cannot understand. No,' Lara said sharply as the girl would interrupt. 'What harm has he done to you or I? The only one who has hurt us and caused us pain is the man who sired us, not Nicholas. You know this is true. He – he could have taken me as was his right but he did not.'

Lifting her chin in stubborn denial, Amelia began, 'But he will take you away-'

'I will not be taken if I do not wish it,' Lara said firmly. 'He has no control over my decisions. I love him. You know what that is like.'

'And look how that turned out!' the girl threw up her hands.

'Cole was there – it was you who told him?'

Amelia looked at her hands, the knuckles white as she fisted them tightly. 'Yes. It was the only thing I could think of...he is sick, Lara.'

'He did look it,' Lara placed a hand over the girl's hunched shoulder but Amelia rejected the comfort as she sneered:

'The maids are all crowing about the wedding announcement in today's paper. He is really trying to fool us all.'

'He is trying to please me,' Lara murmured, still basking in the afterglow of Nicholas' surprise announcement in this morning's paper.

'So? You will stand in a church with him? BeforeGod?Pledge yourself before God?'

'We have already pledged ourselves. I wish that you would accept it, Amelia but if you cannot...' Lara rose, wiping at a tear. Amelia looked away stubbornly. Lara had her answer.

*

In the four weeks preceding her wedding, Lara saw Nicholas but briefly and as the weeks passed, Lara knew a sense of unreality. Her parents arrived from the country and met with Nicholas – that in itself was horrifically awkward but the fact that Nicholas played the part of attentive bride-groom so well was the most perplexing of all. He did not linger over her when they met nor did he attempt to bed her again, which had become frustrating for Lara who craved the strong, pulsing thrusts of his body now that she had had a taste of the carnal pleasure of having him inside her.

He arrived a four days before the wedding, a Thursday morning, to take her about Hyde Park. Now that a public announcement of their betrothal had been made, they were free to be seen about in public and the normality of it all, the nods of polite acknowledgement from passers-by as they strolled, amused Lara tremendously.

'You look very handsome today, my lord,' Lara murmured as they walked along the freshly cut grass.

redsoles
redsoles
295 Followers