Nightshade Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Blinking slowly, he found that they were no longer in the park, but walking. He leaned gently against her, trying hard to support himself. His body ached as it moved, it ached in pain, and it ached longingly for Bella's touch. She was so strong... but then again, that was why they brought him here. Ciro shook his head slightly, forcing the thoughts far from his mind. She didn't know. She thought he was only a Shadow Warrior, and that was enough.

Ciro found that he could hardly hear her as she spoke. He was too tired, too hungry. The only saving grace he had was the moon and shadows. He tugged at them for strength. Strength enough to stay awake, strength enough to stand while leaning against the wall, but not enough to talk. He nodded to Bella reassuringly as he heard her.

Bella sighed in relief and unlocked the front door, immediately turning and wrapping her arms around Ciro, her breasts pushed against his chest as he slumped with growing fatigue. They half stumbled into the living room, closing the door with barely a snick, and making it to her bedroom with little sound made. All the while she whispered encouragements in his ear.

"Seulement un peu supplémentaire et vous can support , mon amie."

Thankful that both Dante and Sage's rooms were down the hall, Bella eased open her bedroom door and managed to shut the door behind her, Ciro's arm still over her shoulder and hers around his waist. She could feel his growing weariness as well as see it on his face. For someone so tanned, he was oddly pale, and the glazed look in his eyes worried her. Calling on her strength once more, she made it to the side of the bed, letting him fall to the surface with a grunt. Feeling a headache blossoming in her head, she grabbed a post-it note off the desk and wrote "Tired. Resting. Disturb me and i WILL kill you. Yes, I mean YOU." then stuck it on the outside of the door and locked it.

She turned, met Ciro's gaze for one strong moment, knowing by doing this she was endangering not only herself, but the people in the house as well. Sighing, she stumbled into the closet and changed into a black t-shirt and matching silk boy-shorts, and crawled up beside him in the bed. Belatedly, as she had stuck the note on the door, she recalled her parent's warnings about giving the healing touch. The high and boundless energy at it's peak, followed almost immediately by a swift fall. Curling up on the side between him and the bedroom door, she lay on her side, her breath easing as the headache preceding the psychic blackout grew to it's peak. She lay a hand on his arm to get his attention, the exhaustion of the past few hours draining her still healing body of strength.

"Do me a favor. Don't kill Dante or Sage. They'll keep you safe when i can not." And with that the blackness overtook her and she fell into a deep sleep, her hand still on his arm in comfort.

Were it not for the exhaustion and pain that laced through his muscles, Ciro would have enjoyed the feeling of Bella catching him and pressing herself up against him. But now, he felt little but pain. It hurt to move, it hurt to breathe. This pain was not new to him. He had felt it often before when he pushed himself too far. It was something that he was known for amongst the Righteous Sword. To them, he was a Shadow of Destruction, not just to those he fought but to himself as well. The feared title of Shadoweave Nightmare was his and his alone. Very few amongst the Righteous Sword had ever seen someone with the title, fewer still knew what it meant.

Ciro could hear Bella's soft French as the words swirled around his mind, caressing his weary thoughts. He felt himself falling to something soft. A bed... he had sorely missed the feel of sheets and a mattress. Long nights on trains followed by evenings resting in airplane seats made the comfort he felt now all the more pleasurable. His dress shirt and slacks weren't the most comfortable, but at this point he didn't care. His feet slipped from his dress shoes as he fell to the mattress. His eyes closed instinctively as he felt the soft mattress beneath him.

He could feel her hand as she rested it gently on his arm. The warm pulse of her words filled his mind again as she spoke. He could feel that the exhaustion in her breath matched his as she held onto him in sleep. The gentle touch comforted him as he pulled a bit closer, wanting to feel her warmth among the comfort of the mattress, but unable to move. Ciro settled with her gentle hold on his arm. As sleep began to overtake him, he wondered if she knew of the comfort she brought him and if he brought her that comfort in return.

"Hacer no preocuparse, my bello dama." Ciro whispered back softly. His mind was to far tired to speak anything other than his first language. Closing his eyes, Ciro was met swiftly by the calming darkness of sleep.

**

Dante awoke with a start, his acute vampiric hearing and senses waking him the moment the key turned in the front lock. Silently sliding out from underneath Sage, he pushed the covers aside and reached for a pair of black karate pants then slipped down the hallway on silent feet. With his vampiric night vision he scanned the darkened house for intruders, pausing at Bella's door when he spotted the note. Quirking an eyebrow in amusement, his hand hovered over Bella's doorknob only a moment before the lock turned under his powers. Sticking his head inside the door, he stiffened, seeing another man lying, fully dressed, beside Bella. The man had the look of a surfer, with his blond hair and dark tan. But it was the mass of his build and the manor of his clothes that suggested otherwise.

And Bella was draped over him in his sleep.

Dante shook his head, wondering at his lover's sister. Bella never welcomed any man's touch. Rarely to even give aid when it was needed. But now his 'tite chatte' was sprawled over this stranger. He must have guessed she had done it unconsciously in her sleep, because otherwise she would never have brought a man home. Her leg was thrown over one of his, her stomach plastered to her his side while her left hand lay over the man's heart. Even without his vamp vision, Dante would have seen the faint pale greenish light emanating from Bella wherever she touched the other man. Faint green wisps of power that looked like tongues of mist slid over and into the man, making Dante worried for her health. Just as he would have stepped forward into the room, a shadow appeared out of nowhere, stepping between him and the bed. Dante glanced at the bed, then the shadow, his face void of all emotion and reaction though his insides were bursting with anger.

"I will not wake them for fear of further hurting Bella." He told the shadow. "But i will expect her to seek me when she wakes." Dante silently removed her note from the door and placed it on the inside, then relocked it telekinetically.

**

Ciro slept soundly as night passed in deep dreams. He could see her, the beautiful Bella. The dark mists of his dreamland lapped like waves on the shore of a long lost isle. El Isla de Soñar... His family's home for so long... The glistening noon sun sparkled off hot golden sand on the island of dreams, not far from the Spanish coast. Ciro breathed deeply, he could smell the salt in the air. He was home, and Bella was there with him, there in his dream.

She lay on a beach chair on the shore of mists, sleeping peacefully. Ciro watched her for a moment. Never before had he seen anyone else on El Isla de Soñar, never before had he seen anyone else on the abandoned shores of his dreams... Seeing her here calmed and frightened him at the same time. She was here, how she was here, he did not know. But she had followed him into the only sanctuary he had, she had followed him into his dreams.

His footsteps in the soft sand made no noise as the warm sun lingered in the sky. Ciro felt the quickening of his heart as he neared her. Desire stirred within him as he moved to sit alongside her. She slept soundly wearing a black t-shirt and silken shorts. As Ciro sat next to her, he ran his fingers gently along the side of her face.

"Así bello my ángel de soñar." He spoke softly, lying down next to her. In the warm sun, Bella turned and held him gently. Her leg slid over his as she leaned close and pressed herself up against him. The soft beating of their hearts called out to one another as Bella's hand slid up, along his chest to listen to it beat.

Ciro felt her warm body and the spark of desire kindled into flame. But desire and love were things he knew he could not have for his own. Breathing deeply, Ciro let the darkness within him wash over the flame. Feeling Bella against his side while he slept was more than enough... far more than he could ever ask.

Looking to the sky, he could feel it. Someone was lurking near his fragile world of dreams. Ciro closed his eyes. Here, he did not have to worry about energy or weakness, here in the land of dreams his will was law. Shadows swirled and moved about the isle as they moved to intercept the lurker. They alone would be his connection to the waking world right now. Ciro closed his eyes to rest against Bella on the shores of El isla de soñar. They were safe for now, and needed rest.

Bella had no idea of the passage of time, or how long she slept, but knew that her body had recharged enough for her aches and pains to be only a slight twinge. She sighed, the warmth of the sun beating pleasantly down on her as she lay in the beach chair. Her dark copper colored curls falling around her in a mussed up mess that looked strangely exotic. Yawning she stretched, her head swimming a little from lingering dizziness. She froze, her eyes snapping open and surveying her surroundings, the warmth of the sun stating that it was near noon, where the hour should be more closer to sunrise. She shifted to look and fell off the chair at spotting the man lying beside her. It was Ciro. Where were they, what was this place?

She scrambled back in the sand, a low cry coming from her parted lips as her mind swirled and tried to make sense of it all. Where were they? Where was her family? Dylan, Sage, Dante . . . all gone and nowhere in site. Her mind swirled as she sat on the sand, wrapping her arms around her bent legs and buried her head against her knees. The tears went unfelt down her face, her mind bulging against the memories she'd buried so long ago . . . . the same memories that came out only in her nightmares . . . .

She could feel the strength of his arm as it banded against her tiny neck, the arm bigger than her daddy's but softer like fur of her mother's litter-mates. She was proud she knew the word ment brother and sisters, because her grandfather had told her of it often. She loved grandpa and wondered where he was.

He had been holding her in his lap a few moments before the hairy man had grabbed her. Her face scrunched as the man held her too tight, the force making her cry out as something snapped in her chest, making it hard to breathe. Her feet kicked against his thighs, but he didn't release her. Then she felt it. The cool kiss of metal against her temple, the hilt of the gun held in the hairy man's hand. No. . . it wasn't aimed at her head . . . MAMMA!!!!

Ciro jolted awake at the cry. Every thought, every lingering memory echoed through his dream, shattering it. The sun and sand snapped away to the cool darkness of Bella's room. Ciro clenched his teeth together harshly to keep from shouting in pain as his world was ripped from him by Bella's painful memories. The waking world shattering away his sanctuary as he suddenly jolted awake. Bella's waking would be much more pleasant than his though.

For her, the darkness clouded away the painful memory as the dark mist tides swell and wash around her as she sits in the sand. The mists hold and comfort her as they stir her to wake. She would soon find herself back in her warm bed, back in the safety of her home.

Ciro lay still on the bed. The night had passed, and though he had slept well his harsh awakening had robbed him of the calm morning. Cold sweat beaded down from his brow as he tried to sit up, but the strain of the shattering dream kept him from moving. His golden hair was disheveled and strayed from place as Ciro forced himself to sit up. As he did, Bella's hand slid down across his lap. His breaths were heavy and labored as he tightly wrapped his arms around his stomach. He could still feel the sun... the warmth...

As he sat, trying to wake completely, the shadows began to speak to him. They spoke in soft whispers that warned of the man who had opened the door and looked upon them. The man that he had felt while dreaming. Ciro leaned forward, his muscles stiff. Another pain echoed through him, hunger.

His shirt was drenched through from cold sweat as he could still see Bella's dark memory all too clearly. He should have taken her from the Isle and dropped her off in another dream while she slept. He had given the warning to so many young Shadow Warriors that he had forgotten it himself. Cold sweat dripped down a few stray spikes of tarnished golden hair and splashed off of his dress slacks. He felt as though his mind had been ripped from him and shoved crudely back into place.

Ciro's silver eyes shifted slightly from tarnished steel to softly polished silver as everything began to slowly fall back into place. He was alone, in the home of several of the Los Muertos's most powerful guardians. Ciro closed his eyes tightly as the aches of waking quickly faded. Why did he let her bring him here? Why? Questions flitted through his thoughts.

As his body roused with the fading night he could feel her again. Her warm arm around his waist, her strong leg resting on his. As he felt her again, he looked down, she was waking as well. Bella's beautiful hair splayed out on the pillow she slept on. As he gazed at her waking form he felt the soft pull of desire and attraction again. It reminded him why he let her bring him here...

Frowning slightly as she woke, Bella flinched against the pain she felt, the wrenching that pulled her back to wakefulness. The dreams that were a nightly haunting faded in her mind as nearby pain was pushed to the forefront. She snuggled closer to the warmth beside her, wanting it to invade her soul and heat her from the inside out. Never, she would never be that warm. Sensing another wave of pain, Bella woke, blinking, and finding herself draped around the strong muscular body of a man. Instantly she tensed, her gaze raising and looking into Ciro's silver orbs. Suddenly realizing how her body had wrapped itself around him as they slept, Bella glanced down, her hand inadvertently flexing against him despite her mind's order not to. Her gaze lifted, studying the sweat slicked hair, the pain in his features, the agony she knew was her cause. He had fought to protect her, and he had not healed properly. She moved on instinct, knowing only of one way to heal, and it was risky due to the untold levels of Ciro's own powers.

Bella slid her body over his and sat up, straddling his waist as her hands roamed his body, the greenish light glowing faintly and replenishing him of the spent energy he had spent on her behalf. Her hands roamed over his abdomen near her thighs, sliding up over his chest and shoulders, down his arms. Her hands lifted, hovering over his face, the faint power stirring the air into a soft breeze. Again and again she repeated the procedure, the faint deep hours of sleep she had obtained replenishing her body and her abilities. At last, her skin slightly pale and her breathing rapid in her chest from more than just her use of power, Bella stared into his eyes, shifting as if to move aside.

Ciro sighed softly as he felt Bella's hands moved over his clothes. He couldn't tell if it was the soft glow of faint green magic or if it was the warm feeling of her hands that eased his pain away. He could feel the blissful warmth of her legs as she rested against him, pressing her thighs against his waist. Though his clothes were uncomfortable to sleep in, they were becoming more uncomfortable as Bella tended to him.

A deep sigh escaped his lips as cool, almost cold black mist seemed to seethe from him, mingling with Bella's energy. Ciro took her hands lightly in his. The act of sharing energy, strengthening one another, was one of the most intimate acts that the Shadow Kin could do short of lovemaking. It was a dance where essence would caress and soothe. Though he was unfamiliar with Bella's gentle movements, he could feel the energy that lapped through him from each caressing stroke. Now that her energy calmed him and the pain he had felt, the strength he regained from sleep stirred awake within him. It was now his turn to ease her pains as well.

Letting his hands gently rub her soft skin, they began to work their way up along her arms. The cool black mist tingled as it seeped along her arms, warming as it flowed into her. Though cool to the touch, the mist like energy felt like it smoldered into passionate heat as it entered her. The heat wove deeper and deeper as though it was searching out the chill within her and blanketing it in warmth. The hidden power that the energy held was incredible as it poured into her under Ciro's gentle hands.

Ciro's silver eyes never left Bella's eyes of green as he moved closer, gently rubbing his hands up, under her arms. Working slowly, Ciro watched her eyes carefully for displeasure. His hands moved to rest on her sides, just under her arms as the strange, warm energy pulsed and mingled sensually with hers. His hands slowed to a stop as he looked deeply into her eyes, waiting for her to tell him to stop or continue.

Bella would have pulled away when the mist appeared, Ciro's hands on hers staying her when she would have fled. The man held within him more power than she had originally thought. Her her heart nearly beat right out of her chest when he sat upright, her legs still straddling his, and his hands brushed over her skin. That was when she felt it, the slow mingling of power to power mind to mind, dark and light mixing to burst in a brilliant shade of need that rolled through her like a freight train. When his hands stopped, she immediately unconsciously shifted, seeking more of his touch while her mind focused wholly on him.

~You have a wolf's eyes.~ She thought, deliberately sending her thoughts to him through the mind link she shared with no other save blood-kin. How such things were possible escaped her, so rather than worry, she merely accepted it and moved on. Her lips parted in a sigh of sorts as her body relaxed against him, her head dipping slightly as she stared at his mouth and licked her lips in anticipation. Her hair fell with that movement, the waist length strands sliding over her shoulder and caressing his forearm like living silk. Slowly, as if she had never before touched a man in such a way, her hands slid over his chest until her arms wound loosely around his neck, her hands buried in his blond hair.

~Why have the gods sent you to me?~ Bella thought at him. ~Are you punishment or reward?~ Her eyes closed and she shifted, the movement bringing her into closer contact with him from chest to hips. ~At this point, mi moreno salvador, I'm hopping for the latter.~

Slowly, her eyes on his, Bella leaned forward and paused, her lips a scant inch from his own.

Ciro didn't know how to react to the lust that rippled through his body. He had never been a slave to desire, and until now had never known its intoxicating pull. Feeling her hands entwined with his dark golden hair he could now feel nothing else. His hands slid up over Bella's shoulders as his lips hovered dangerously close to hers. Slowly, he pressed against her, his lips barely grazing against hers in a soft kiss. His strong arms guided her past the kiss as he continued to press a little closer, his cheek brushed against hers as he moved his head to rest over her shoulder.