Nighttime Confessions: A New Beginning

Story Info
He'd only fucked her an hour ago.
8.5k words
3.78
93.5k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like thank Techsan for his troubles an patience, Blue88 for his permission and capecodmercury for his invitation.

I read "Nighttime Confessions' by capecodmercury the day it was posted. As I read the last sentence I had an emotional response. Capecodmercury's statement "I want the reader to think about what they would do and how they would react." was redundant for me. I had already done that in my emotional response.

I also read "Nighttime Confessions - Continued" by Blue88 the day it was posted. As I read the last sentence I had the same emotional response plus the additional response of 'He didn't finish it either'. Since Blue88 ended his story in the same way and on the same evening as capecodmercury I thought 'wouldn't using them both make a good immediate aftermath story?' I outlined what I had, where I wanted to go and how to get there in the most dramatic, yet plausible way.

I have tried to stay true to both first chapters and timelines as written with one exception...in trying to stay true to 'how to get there in the most dramatic yet plausible way.'

Since capecodmercury had Don and Meg drive to Phil's hometown in "Nighttime Confessions Too" I had Donald drive to Meg's conference. While it doesn't change the fundamental character of Blue88's story it makes my plot line more plausible. For some strange reason in this age of terror the FAA frowns on dragging GLOCK 9mms through the airport.

*

Donald:

My wife cheated on me and I don't know what to do.

Bullshit, the Hell I don't know what to do. A childhood long since buried came boiling to the surface. All that I had run from, all that I had learned. That bastard had to know pain, had to know terror and most of all he had to know why. The betrayal I had witnessed was the end of my marriage, the end of my life as I knew it. Any ending is also the start of a new beginning and it damn well was going to be one of my choosing. Betrayal started this game but it was entirely different now and revenge was only part of it.

My car was before me and the keys in my hand. How I got there in my depth of rage and shock I did not know. All I could remember was embracing my family legacy and plotting that bastard's destruction. It was all consuming and I was fanning the flames. Dread filled me to the core as I opened the trunk and removed the case from under the rear deck. My hand held everything a man would need to survive a major fire fight and an extended flight. All of this was thanks to my grandfather's legacy. It had always been my hope that this day would never come but it seemed a lot closer now. The reasons were totally unanticipated yet the end result most likely would be the same.

The contents of the case were few but extremely effective. I had personally selected and paid for the Glock 9mm, 6 wireless subminiature security cameras, legitimate passports for the family, cash and a PDA. Grandpa's inheritance in my offshore account paid for the fake passports for the family and SIMM cards for the PDA. That was only fitting because a law abiding citizen would never need the software that was stored on them.

Selecting the SIMM card that I needed was not difficult because the task at hand was well defined. Who was that bastard? A man on the run needs unlimited untraceable cash, unlimited untraceable credit and unlimited untraceable information. This software was guaranteed to do all of that and more. Cash accounts from my inheritance could be opened and closed without a trace. Information could be accessed without a trace. This hotel network would be easy pickings. The worm I was about to unleash would have it on it's knees by the time I got back to my car. Then I would know everything the hotel knows about every guest.

I made my way back to the large hospitality suite windows behind the large shrubs. I placed the first camera where the small gap in the drapes let me see most of the room where Meg had betrayed me. The second camera was going at the very bottom where the closure was a bit askew for a good view of the interior of the suite. As I placed the second camera I noticed that everyone was gathered together as if they were in a meeting. Then I saw Meg get up and leave. My mind was reeling. What was going on now.

I remembered the words of German Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke. "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." All I could do was continue with the plan, adapt to the unanticipated. I would have to closely monitor the suite to see if Meg came back; otherwise I'm assuming she had gone back to her room.

As I calmed down some my sense of detail began coming back to me. I had been little more than a bull stumbling around in a blind rage. I was amazed as I surveyed the landscape to place the cameras for my trilateral surveillance grid that I hadn't hurt myself. Once I had three cameras placed with each camera observing the other two it was virtually impossible to get to the center of the grid undetected or take out all three cameras undetected simultaneously. Once my car was in the center of the grid I could go there and relax while I plotted that bastard's destruction.

The first camera in the grid was placed on the hillside overlooking the parking lot were my car was parked and the second one at the extreme end of the parking lot away from the hotel. The final camera had to be placed between the loading zone at the lobby entrance and the parking lot. When I finished placing the cameras I went to my car for the first peace and quiet I would have since witnessing my betrayal.

My car was my safe haven. Hacking was not exactly legal. Getting caught unaware while involved in my revenge planning wouldn't be good. I started looking through the data that my worm got from the hotel network. I remembered that during our call this (Wednesday) afternoon she had talked about what a good time she had had dancing with Phil, Wayne, Sam and Art. I knew there was something fishy going on. It sounded just a little too cozy for me.

It didn't take very long to find those names in the hotel registration. A quick scan through their drivers license copies identified Phil as the bastard. Another scan gave me Phil's home address and email address. This would be too easy. Oh, the wonders of the web. While it may legally be hard to get a user's home address and IP address from an ISP, it is easy illegally.

I launched worms at Phil's ISP, County Courthouse, city school districts and local realtors. While I waited I might as well figure out what data I needed to pull this off. The first item I had thought of was family pictures and personal data. The next item was pictures of his house. All of this data would be available from the records at Phil's County Courthouse, city school districts and local realtors but I needed access to Phil's computer to cross correlate and verify the data. That made the worm attacking Phil's ISP the keystone of this plan. It was going to complete a plausible tale.

While I waited for the data to trickle in I opened my Swiss bank account and made a transfer to my Caiman Island account. After that was done I checked on the worms' progress. The Courthouse, school districts and realtors had returned all data associated with Phil's address. Two children had attended the local high school. Their pictures and records where displayed before me. I pulled photos of Phil's house from the property tax records. It seemed to match the photos from the realtors'. I selected the photos I would need and checked the progress of the ISP worm. It had found Phil's user name, password and IP address. With this information I launched my attack on Phil's home computer.

Finally I was striking at the enemy. It's funny how times change. Here I am conducting cyber warfare and one hundred years ago I could have just walked right in and shot him no questions asked. I wondered which would be more satisfying, death or a life worse than death.

Eventually I stopped musing about my fate and got back to work. I loaded the photo of Phil's home into Adobe Photo Shop and manipulated it to look as it would look at night. By the time that was done I had full access to Phil's home computer. The email accounts showed that I had the right children although they were no longer children. With a little more searching I had photos of Phil's wife and enough personal data to complete my mosaic.

I was almost ready. Meg's room number was in the hotel registry that I already had and I was heading there shortly. The Power Point Presentation was loaded with the data I had but it was not finished. I would have to complete it later once I got the desired video clips. Everything I could do here was done.

I picked up my case and retrieved my MagLight from underneath the front seat. The parking lot looked clear and I headed for my camera on the way to the hotel lobby. It was in my pocket and I was in the lobby in what seemed like only seconds. My thoughts were that I'm way too old for this James Bond stuff. Just then my cellphone rang. I could tell it was Meg from the ringtone. There was a corner in the lobby that may offer some privacy. When I got there I set my case and MagLight down and answered the phone.

Meg:

Meg lay in her bed thinking, 'I cheated on my husband and I don't know what I am going to do."

'Bullshit, the Hell I don't know what I am going to do. I made a mistake but I'm sober enough now to know that I shouldn't have cheated on Donald. I should remain faithful or divorce him if I want to play the field. I also know that I've been wronged by those I trusted and I need Don. I need him now! I didn't forgive his affairs just to let this marriage end and I won't stoop to his level of dishonesty. I have to tell him and tell him now.'

Meg picked up the phone and called Don. He answered on the third ring with an icy voice.

"Hello, Meg."

"Oh, Donald, I love you, I need you. Something terrible has happened."

"If it was so terrible, why did it take you so long to call me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you left Phil's room 40 minutes ago. That's what I mean."

"What? Where are you?"

"I'm in the lobby of your hotel. I saw you and Phil, your orgasms, everything."

"Oh, my God, you know, you saw. Please believe me, it's not what it seems. I've never wanted any man but you. I was set up and fell for it. Oh, God, Don, I need you and I need you now."

Phil said, "One thing is exactly what it seems and that is you fucked Phil and for that he will pay. I'll be there in three minutes." Then he hung up the phone.

Meg sat in the bed in stunned silence. Her brain was in mental overload. Denial was a major factor.

'No, this can't be. Not only did I unintentionally cheat on my husband, but he witnessed my adultery. This is the worst possible scenario. How will he ever believe me? I didn't sleep and cuddle with Phil because that would have been a bigger betrayal to Don than just having sex with Phil. I wasn't willing to risk my marriage for some friendly sex once a year. That is why I called Don. None of that will matter now. Oh, how will he ever ever believe me? This can't be happening to me. Please let me wake up.'

Meg made her way over to unlock the door before collapsing onto the floor in a crying convulsing heap.

Donald:

Everything had been so clear about what had to be done. My first surprise was when Meg left the hospitality suite. Now she calls and practically confesses everything. I wonder if she would have confessed it all if I hadn't jumped her first. It doesn't matter - a man's got to do what a man's got to do. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. The one thought I couldn't shake was maybe there was hope for Meg and I, but only on my terms. All I could do was continue with the plan, adapt to the unanticipated. Let the game continue.

I picked up my case and MagLight to continue on to Meg 's room. There was no one in her hall when I got there. That made placing wireless cameras on either side of Meg's door easy. This provided an overlapping field of view of the door. All of the cameras were now in use and that left me vulnerable. I would need a minimum of three cameras for an extended flight and I had no idea how this would play out. All I could do was play.

I turned and knocked on Meg's door. When there was no answer I tried to open it. Fortunately it was unlocked. The door opened about six inches before stopping against something heavy that flexed but did not move. When I bent over I could see Meg lying on the floor in front of the door. I reached inside as I knelt down and shook her.

"Meg, Meg, please wake up! Oh, God, please don't let her do something stupid."

Meg began to stir and my heart was relieved. I wondered at the significance of that feeling. Could we get through this especially since there was more evil to come?

"Don, you really are here. It's not just a dream but it's still a nightmare."

"Meg, roll over so I can open the door."

Once Meg had moved I went in and carried her to the bed. She was becoming more coherent then. When she had finally come around, she launched into her defense.

"Please believe me, I've never wanted any man but you. My friend Judy and her friends are a swing group. There had been a fourth woman, Lisa, but she had recently changed jobs and moved out of state. They sucked me right into their little group. By the time I realized what was going on, I was too drunk and too off of my guard to stop it. Once I realized the enormity of what I'd done I didn't stay and sleep and cuddle with Phil because that would have been a bigger betrayal to you than just having sex with Phil. When they told me the history of the group I wasn't willing to risk my marriage for some friendly sex once a year. That is why I called you."

Unconvinced by her babble, I interrupted.

"Whoa, slow down there. Meg, you know what the say about excuses. They are like assholes... everybody has one."

"It's the truth."

"I'm sure you believe it to be. I want you to do something for me."

"What? I would do anything to get you to forgive me and give me a second chance."

"We'll see about that. I want you to call Phil."

"What are you going to do?"

"What I'm going to do is not important. What you've done and what has to happen now is what's important. CALL Phil!"

"What do I say?"

"Tell him you've changed your mind. Tell him you want to talk to him in your room. It won't be a lie and his cock will drag him here thinking it will get to spend the night."

Meg went over to the phone and started to dial the hospitality suite. As she dialed I said "You might want to watch this when you talk to Phil." The live video feed from the suite was on my PDA before her. Since Phil was the only one without a 'date' we could see him walking to the phone.

"Hello."

"Hello, Phil. Is that you? This is Marge.

"Well, helloooo, Marge. I must admit to being a little bit surprised. I didn't expect to hear from you. What can I do for you?"

"l need to talk to you. I need you here in my room for privacy. I can't face all of them yet."

"I'll be right over."

Meg said, "Okay" and hung up the phone. We could see Phil do a little victory dance while shouting for the others. As they all got together it appeared as though Phil told them what just happened. The guys gave each other high fives and the women gathered into in a big group hug.

"They're celebrating as if they've won a championship or something," I said. "The reality is that they're celebrating turning you to the dark side. Some victory that is. With friends like that who needs enemies?"

I was looking at a very pissed Meg as I changed the video feed to cameras outside of Meg's door. I motioned for Meg to sit down on the bed with me. As she sat down she asked, "What do we do now?"

"We wait here together until we see Phil coming down the hall. You will go to the door and wait for him. Then you will lead him back to the bedroom where I can cut off his escape."

"You won't hurt him, will you?"

I replied, "That depends on Phil," knowing that I was past the point of 'depends'. A few minutes passed before we saw Phil coming down the hall. I shooed Meg off to the door and started to finish my Power Point presentation. Phil gave me some extra time preening at Meg's door. I could see that he looked like the cat that ate the canary. That was the final piece I needed for my presentation. I closed the file and picked up my MagLight. When we finally heard a knock on the door, Meg said "Who is it?"

"It's me, Phil."

As Meg open the door I could hear Phil say "I'm so glad you called. It was really lonely without you."

"Phil, let's get out of the hall at least. Come on in here where we can talk."

As Meg led Phil down the hall past the bathroom, I readied myself. When Phil came past the corner he suddenly tensed with a look of shock and disbelief as my MagLight shattered his knee with a sickening pop and tearing crunch. He rolled to protect the damaged knee as he headed for the floor. Meg and Phil were both screaming then. Meg stopped screaming when I shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP, MEG. Shut up or so help me...." I started the PowerPoint presentation and grabbed a screaming Phil by the hair while shoving my PDA in his face.

"Shut up, Phil. The lives of your family depend on it. You Know, your lovely wife, Stacy, and who is this? Oh, it's your 20-year-old daughter, Kelly, sophomore at UCLA. Bad things happen to young girls in the big city, Phil."

Phil was considerably quieter, visibly shaken and at full attention.

"This is your 19-year-old son, Jonathan. He lost his football scholarship when he blew out a knee. He is attending your local community college, big fish in a small pond. "

I looked over towards Meg.

"Meg found this next part to be a little disturbing. Your little social group thought it was amusing when Meg called you to come over."

Phil looked over at a very pissed Meg. I jerked his hair and he looked back in time to see all of the guys giving each other high fives and the women in a big group hug. Phil was looking a little defeated but there was more to come.

"This is you preening in front of Meg's door and this is your house under live surveillance."

Phil snapped to attention and looked real close. Before he could get a good look the scene changed to a bank draft.

"This is a thirty thousand dollar transfer from a Swiss account to a ..." the scene changed to another bank draft, "... Caiman Island account. That is the retainer for the execution of your family. Ten thousand apiece with one hundred thousand due with each actual execution order."

Phil's head snapped to look at me and said "I only fucked her an hour ago. You couldn't have done all of this by now."

"Yes, that is correct. However, I called Uncle Joe."

Phil's look immediately changed from defiance to one of extreme concern and then to relief when Meg said, "Uncle Joe? Nobody just calls Uncle Joe."

Meg was looking at me in horror. She had never seen this side of me and had no idea that I could ever sink this low. She was also correct about Uncle Joe. Uncle Joe was well known in the tristate area. If Uncle Joe didn't outright own every strip joint in the tristate area he had a hand in it. Uncle Joe's ruthless reputation preceded him. I replied, "He does when he really is your Uncle Joe."

The look on Phil's face immediately changed from relief to one of pure terror.

I continued, "Many a time I heard an Uncle Joe story in some bar. I would contribute an Uncle Joe story from his youth. People would say they never heard that one. I would reply that I Knew his nephew. That would be followed by free drinks. I wish I had a dollar for every free drink I got."

I looked at Meg and said, "Mom married young and moved away from the family. She thought that the family business and the violence associated with it was not the way to raise her children. We were raised with the fact that we may have to flee at a moment's notice if the violence came our way. That is my youth and past that I would never talk about. This is the first time in my life that I have embraced that past."