Nipples: Pointing is Good

Story Info
An essay on seeing women's nipples in public.
1.5k words
4.35
63.1k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I will admit from the outset that I am a man who is instantly attracted to many things in women. The splash of red hair will draw my eyes into focus in a fraction of a second. Further review may cause my attraction to wane, but that's one thing that will get me to take a closer look every time. Another is nipples – not breasts, just nipples. I honestly could care less whether a woman has A cup breasts that barely sag once released from a bra, or D cup breasts that could pillow an egg falling 100 feet enough to keep it from breaking open. Nope – it's the nipples.

Why the nipples? The best I can explain it is that I view them as a barometer of how a woman may be feeling sexually. As a man, any and all insight into the wants and desires of a woman is priceless information, and the nipples can be a pointed reference. Of course, one must factor in the effects of temperature in analyzing what the nipples are reacting to, but that can usually be determined nearly instantaneously by the experienced and objective observer. I also acknowledge that some nipple reaction can be attributed to the involuntary reaction of it rubbing against the soft fabric that is covering it. I could argue that a woman that wears a sheer bra under a soft, thin blouse may actually want to feel the resultant soft stimulus, I will assume all such occurrences are purely unintentional and therefore ascribe no conscious sexual overtones on the woman's part. However, once these factors have been ruled out as a contributor, we are left with some very attractive indicators. They can be subtle, but are intriguing nonetheless.

Let me give an example. Imagine a 20 year old woman on a college campus. It is a warm, 80 degree, windless day in early fall and she is sitting on a bench talking with a couple of girl friends. Her body language says that she is happy and comfortable, and she appears to be talking about how good the food is in the cafeteria. She is wearing a tight top that wraps around her breasts and midsection to a point just above the navel. The combination of the tightness of the top and the very thin spaghetti straps ensure that nothing pops out from "regular" motion but jumping-jacks would clearly overwhelm the limits of the support system. Sure enough, her nipples are clearly protruding from the front of the shirt – not a dramatic distance, but a good eighth to quarter of an inch of slight shadow. So what?!

It has been my experience that women check their appearance before they go into public – they want to know what they look like before facing the masses. Additionally, as she is a college student, we have to assume she has at least average intelligence and is therefore aware of herself and her surroundings. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that she did NOT know that her nipples would/will stick out a bit in that top before she left her dorm room, yet she wore it any way. There are no temperature or wind factors to explain stiffening, nor is she moving in a way that would indicate the soft stimulus resulting from the rubbing of the nipples against the fabric. Her conversation is with same-sex friends and does not involve erotic or sexual subject matter. She is also not making any attempt to cover her breasts with her books, arms, sweater, or anything else. We can therefore conclude that she is not embarrassed at their appearance, or self conscious about them. Finally, we can also conclude, with a high degree of certainty, that she is not wearing a bra.

So what does the appearance of nipples tell us in her case? They tell as that she feels sexy in the outfit. They tell us that she is proud of her appearance and is willing to show us that pride. They also tell us that she doesn't mind complete strangers looking at her, especially her (covered) breasts. That fact also leads to the better than average probability that she would be open to approach from men – conversation, possibly flirtation. In short, her nipples are saying "come on over and say hi!" It may go no further than that, but that COULD be just the beginning...

What about the exact same set of circumstances, but substitute a 45 year-old woman: At least average intelligence; skin-tight top; no bra; warm, breezeless day; her breasts are motionless behind the fabric; non-sexual conversation; and two nipples clearly protruding, just from slightly lower part of her chest than the 20 year old's. At 45, she is more experienced and, therefore, more calculating in her selection of attire. Rather than just some nebulous expression of sexiness, she likely wants to draw attention specifically to her breasts, and possibly the nipples themselves. The likelihood of this being the motivation increases proportionally with the length and circumference of the nipple: The longer and/or larger the erect nipple, the more likely the mature woman is aware of it, and the more likely she is purposefully showing them off. If she's married (and faithful), she is probably at least a little horny and is compounding that with the knowledge of the effect she is having on men, especially the tease factor when her husband sees the little cherubs (her husband is probably going to enjoy his evening). If she is single or an unfaithful wife, her nipples may be saying "you might want to try some of this." A variation on the theme established with the 20 year old, but more direct and to the point(s).

As an example of the difference in motivations based on age, I offer actress Farrah Fawcett. Somewhere in her mid- to late-20s, she poses in the red swimsuit for that famous poster. Her long nipples are clearly protruding from the front of her swimsuit. At that age, her motivation (other than the obvious fame and fortune) during the photo-shoot is probably limited to just being sexy. The encouragement she gets from the photographer and crew reinforces her feelings of sexiness, and the nipples are semi-erect. Jump ahead to Farrah at age 50. At that age, if she wears a tight blouse without a bra in public, she wants you to see those delectable nipples of hers. She is old enough to know EXACTLY what they do, how they look behind various clothing fabrics and styles, and she knows the effect they have on men. This is especially true for a celebrity who knows that she is constantly being scrutinized and photographed. She now wants you to see her nipples, wants you to show reaction to them, and she takes some level of sexual pleasure in the effect they have on you, whether she knows you or not.

The key in both circumstances are the nipples. Without plain evidence of the presence of nipples, there is likely a bra involved. Even if a woman's nipples are erect in the bra, they are covered and either not noticed or subdued. That is a layer of conservatism that can block out the idea of sexiness completely. It can now simply be a "cute" top that she just likes to wear. Without the nipples, the sexual message is gone, and you would have to rely on other, muddled processes to determine whether or not she would be open to your approach.

I don't recall being as attracted to nipples when I was a teenager as I am now. The only explanation I can come up with is accumulated knowledge. As a virginal teenager, they were simply part of the breast – not ignored, just not an independent subject. Now, being happily married for an irrelevant number of years and having irrefutable evidence of successfully participating in the reproductive cycle at least 3 times with my wife, I know exactly what nipples do when freed of their bonds and presented for attention. In those situations, they are almost always in some state of erection. When I am not actively administering to their/her desires, their presence coupled with their erectness, tells me exactly what my wife is feeling sexually, and I react accordingly. Apparently, the more attention I pay to them, in the right way, the more they display their appreciation, and they appear to spread their feelings throughout her body, spreading similar feelings of warmth and appreciation and...but I digress.

Armed with that knowledge, when I see nipples on other women in public, I can not help but recall what that can mean, again discounting the environmental factors. THAT is the turn-on. That is what attracts me to nipples – the knowledge that, at least in her breasts, the woman in question is feeling at least a slight physical twinge of sexual excitement, either consciously or subconsciously. I never attribute that twinge to my presence – the vast majority of times I see them is in mixed company or when the woman has not even noticed me (passing on the street, etc.). But that doesn't matter – she has the twinge, and I now know that private information even though she may be a complete stranger. The more prominent the nipple, the more attracted I am, and the more likely I am to imagine their reaction to loving attention and effects that could have on the rest of the woman's erogenous zones.