No Regrets Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nem0
nem0
309 Followers

"Hey, let's get going, yeah?" He took Sarah's hand and walked toward the car park. Mark grabbed Marie's suitcase, and they followed the couple out into the sun.

*******

Not much later, Deacon dropped Mark and Maire off at Marie's house.

"Thanks for the ride Deac," Marie said as she shouldered her carry-on bag. Deacon waved his hand at her gratitude.

"Don't mention it, I was going there anyway," Deacon replied with a grin. Marie laughed and rolled her eyes. Mark hoisted Marie's suitcase from the trunk and joined Marie at the driver's window.

"So, we'll catch you guys later," Mark asked, looking at Deacon.

"Not too soon though," Sarah warned. "Me and Ree talked about it on the plane - after a solid month together, we're ready for some time out. I bet you guys are the same, huh?"

Mark cleared his throat and nodded, his eyes on Deacon's. "...Yeah. Can't stand him."

"One more day and you guys would be coming home to Murder One," Deacon agreed gravely, holding Mark's gaze.

Marie laughed again and linked her arm through Mark's, leading him towards the house. "Later, guys."

Deacon turned his head to reverse down the driveway and saw a dark blue sweatshirt on the back seat. He put the handbrake on and undid his seatbelt.

"What're you doing?" Sarah asked. Deacon hopped out of the car and opened the rear door, grabbing the sweatshirt and holding it up.

"Mark's hoodie."

Sarah huffed and ran a hand through her hair. "So? Come on, he must have others. He can get it later."

"I'll just be a sec." Deacon slammed the door and jogged up to the front door, where Mark was just crossing the threshold. "Mark, hold on," Deacon called. Mark looked up, his stomach suddenly flip-flopping. Deacon held up a sweatshirt. "You forgot this."

Mark took the sweatshirt from Deacon's outstretched hand. "Thanks. And thanks for the ride."

"No problem." Deacon scratched the back of his head. "So, um. Maybe I...can I text you later?" Mark's heart broke a tiny bit at the uncertainty in Deacon's eyes as he waited for Mark's answer.

"Yeah, of course," Mark replied, a warm smile on his face. He slapped Deacon on the shoulder and stepped inside the house. "'Bye." Deacon just nodded and walked back towards his car. Mark watched him go and tried to ignore the sinking feeling in his stomach, a feeling that was telling him he was making the biggest mistake of his life by letting Deacon walk away from him.

"Babe?" Marie called from inside the house. "Are you coming in or what?"

"Yeah," Mark replied, and he closed the door.

To be continued...

nem0
nem0
309 Followers