No Way Back

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,800 Followers

I got into the habit of sleeping in my den, and several times over the next week or so I'd awaken in the middle of the night to see her standing in the doorway, silently watching me. In over 10 years together this was the very worst thing that had ever happened to us.

Then one night I got a phone call that I wasn't expecting.

"Hey stranger"

"Who is this?" I asked

"It's Brandy" she replied.

"Hi" I said perking up.

"Don't try it Romeo, your voice sounded like you lost your best friend and I know why. Marge has been talking to your wife daily, pumping her full her crap and her new plan is to try and make up with you, and then do it without you knowing it" she told me.

"What" was all I could say.

"Yep, you heard me" said Brandy "Then after the dirty deed is done she's going to fuck your brains out, and after you guys are back on solid ground, she'll tell you that she did it, and show you that it didn't make any difference in your relationship"

"Thanks Brandy" I said, "you're a good friend" and I hung up the phone.

The next day I called my lawyer, and had him start on the divorce papers. He couldn't believe that Beth and I were in trouble. "Is there no way to work this out?" he asked.

"That depends on Beth" I told him.

I separated all of our accounts by taking my name off of the joint accounts after transferring half of the money in each to a new account in my name only.

I removed Beth's name as beneficiary on my insurance and retirement accounts. That only left the house. The house was mine before I ever met Beth, so I hoped that I could keep it, but if we had to sell it and split the proceeds at least I wouldn't have to worry about living among all the memories of things we'd done in that house. I also got the name of a good fast locksmith who could be called 24/7 in case of an emergency.

When I got home that night, Beth was waiting for me. She hit me with the "we need to talk" speech as soon as I opened the door.

"Eric, I love you and I miss you, can't we go back to how we were?" she asked "Why do we have to fight about this?"

"Beth what we have is called irreconcilable differences, and unless one of us gives in, we can't go back to how we were. And "we" aren't fighting because thanks to Marge, "we" haven't said a word to each other, in 2 weeks" I said.

"Beth "I'm" the one who's fighting. I'm fighting for my marriage, for the woman of my dreams" I told her. "You're willing to just kick over the apple cart because Marge says to"

"Beth, have you ever heard the expression 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it?' Before Marge started filling your head with shit, was there anything wrong with us?" I asked. "Also, if Marge is such a fucking expert on relationships, why has she been married and divorced 3 times. If Marge knows so much about how to keep a man...."

"Why is she alone?" I asked.

"Anyway, Beth, I love you, I always have and I want us to grow old together, just you and me. Not you, me, Marge and the guys she wants you to fuck. Take some time and think about it. I do not own you, I understand that no matter what Marge thinks, but I thought, that I did own a little piece of your heart, the same way that you've always owned a piece of mine" I said.

I left Beth standing in the doorway, went upstairs to take a shower, and went into the den.

She knocked on the door at about 10 p.m. and asked me if I was coming to bed. But as much as I wanted to go with her, I shook my head no.

Maybe I should have gone up to our bedroom with her and made love with her. Perhaps that would have turned the tide towards my arguments, and maybe we could have gone back to the way things were. God knows that that was what I wanted more than anything else. But I needed to know that my opinions and feelings mattered to Beth more than Marge's did. If they didn't we'd have no future anyway.

I guess I drank way too much soda that night, because in the middle of the night I had to piss really badly. I went to the upstairs bathroom and on my way there I heard Beth crying softly. I felt like such an asshole. If this was making up maybe fighting was better.

Saturday I went out to run. I knew that this was going to be the last day of this shit one way or another. When I got home Beth wasn't there, she'd made her decision. I took a shower and headed downtown. Instead of driving my Fusion, I went to the garage and took the cover off of my Mustang. I hardly ever drove the car because I tended to feel invincible in it, and that made me drive stupidly.

I went to the movies and caught Ironman 2. When I got back to the car it was starting to get dark and I saw the message light on my iPhone. I had 12 messages in the last 2 hours.

Just then the phone rang again. I had to go to the hospital, Beth was there. I got to the hospital in no time. The argument between us was forgotten. I went to the desk and asked for Beth's room number. I was told that she had just come out of the emergency room and would be available soon. She was on pain killers and resting comfortably. I asked what was wrong with her but no one would tell me.

In the waiting room, I saw Marge, and I knew something serious had happened.

"It's not my fault" she said. "I....I just wan....."

"Shut up cunt!" I snapped

A nurse let me into Beth's room and I went in immediately. As I neared the bed I saw her. Her beautiful face was bruised and she had a swollen eye that would be black tomorrow. I was pissed beyond my ability to express it.

I took one of her small hands in mine, and just held it. I sat there all night until she woke up.

At about 2 in the morning, her one good eye opened, I think the other one tried to as well. She smiled when she saw me, "I didn't think you would come" she said.

"Why wouldn't I come, Beth?" I asked "I'm still your husband aren't I? Whenever you needed anything, I've always been there for you"

"But....." she started

"What happened?" I asked.

Beth looked like she was going to cry and started to say something but words wouldn't come.

The door opened and the doctor stepped in. He looked at both of Beth's eyes, looked under her sheet, and finally listened to her heartbeat.

"She'll be fine, in a couple of days" he said. "She's going to be sore down there for a few weeks so I would suggest that you wait until she isn't sore to resume sexual activity. You can take her home in the morning" and then he left.

I turned to Beth, and saw tears rolling down her face. I left the hospital and drove straight to Marge's house. I didn't use her driveway, I drove across her lawn. I jumped up on her porch and kicked her door repeatedly until I heard someone trying to open it. It was Brandy. She looked at me and pointed towards the stairs. I ran up the stairs and went from room to room until I found her.

She was cowering in her bed.

"Get up Bitch" I screamed. "What happened?"

"She....she.... she wanted it... at first, but then she didn't... and he" she stuttered.

It turned out, that as per Marge's plan, she had tried to hook Beth up with Ramon.

He was a personal trainer from the gym Marge went to and Marge had fucked him a few times. Ramon was a Cuban and had a really big dick. The problem was that my Beth had a really tight pussy and even under the best circumstances those two things don't really match. Add that to the fact that Beth changed her mind at the last minute and decided she couldn't go through with it and you've got a real problem.

Ramon, when told no after getting himself all worked up, had decided to get "Macho" and force himself on Beth. She then tried to close her legs and pushed him off of her. His pride was wounded at the rejection he had slapped and hit Beth several times and then tried to force his giant dick inside her, thinking that once he got it in she'd love it. Since she was producing no lubrication, he'd bruised and tore her vagina. Brandy had come home and brought her to the hospital.

The police had already got Ramon in jail, so looking for him would do no good. I thanked Brandy for her help and for taking care of Beth and got ready to go home.

"We aren't finished by a long-shot Bitch" I said to Marge.

"Where are you going?" asked Brandy

"I'm going home" I answered.

"Do you need some company? What are you going to do?" she asked.

"I wish I knew" I told her. "Obviously my marriage is over"

"Why?" she asked, "She wasn't going to go through with it. He did this against her will" she said.

"But for her to be there in the first place, when I had already specifically let her know that I was against this, means that Marge's opinion matters to her more than my feelings, so maybe she should be married to Marge instead of me. But that won't be a problem for much longer" I stated.

Brandy came with me and I saw Marge watching as we left.

When we got to my house, Brandy just held me while I cried my eyes out. I know that we rough and tough guys are not supposed to cry, but I bawled like a little bitch. I felt like someone had just reached into my chest and dug my heart out with a dirty plastic spoon.

"This doesn't have to be the end. She loves you, so much" said Brandy "She kept saying "I didn't want to" and "I changed my mind" the whole time we were taking her to the hospital"

"If she really loved me, she wouldn't have been there in the first place" I said again. "For the past few weeks we've been barely tolerating each other, because of some shit that your sister in law put into her head" I said emphatically. "I was very clear on my position with her. She made her decision, now we'll both have to live with the consequences" I said quietly.

"But this is all my sister's fault, just like the others" said Brandy

"What others?" I asked.

"Susan and her husband were doing fine until Marge started telling Susan about how strong your relationship with Beth was. She got Susan to thinking that her husband should be more like you, he should do this and that, and she shouldn't settle for less. He tried it for a few weeks, but after a while he told her that if she couldn't love him the way he was she could find someone else" she explained.

"He filed for a divorce and left her with the kids, and now she's miserable" Brandy said, looking at me. "Marge also convinced Amy to confront her husband about all of the thin women he stared at. She convinced Amy that her husband was cheating on her with his secretary. She got a PI to follow him around, for 2 months, and since Amy doesn't have a job her husband was paying to have himself watched" she laughed. "It cost almost thirty thousand dollars. He wasn't cheating, his secretary is a lesbian. Marge told Amy she could be happy now that she knew her husband wasn't cheating, but it didn't help because her husband was so upset about the lack of trust in their marriage that he filed for divorce last week" she said sadly.

I sat in silence for a few minutes as the extent of Marge's manipulation sank in.

"Maybe she just doesn't want to see anyone else happy if she can't be" Brandy finally said.

"Maybe she just doesn't like men" I shot back.

"Well that doesn't run in the family" said Brandy.

The next morning, Brandy and I picked up Beth at the hospital.

"I didn't think you'd come back" said Beth.

I didn't answer her and I just pushed her wheel chair to the doorway and went to bring the car around.

I drove us home and made her some soup, and some tea, for her raw throat.

Before you get an idea in your head, her throat was raw from crying, Ramon only got her in one place.

I gave her a little bell she could ring if she needed me and I told her if I heard it I'd come immediately.

For the next 2 weeks, I took care of Beth around the clock and did whatever she needed; I bathed her, fed her, gave her massages, and rubbed lotion into her bruises. I combed, brushed and washed her hair. I moved a TV into the bedroom for her to watch. We never had a TV in our room because we wanted the room to be specifically for 2 things; sleeping was the first and you know the other thing. Anyway I did everything but talk to her.

Every time she tried to start a conversation, I left the room. If she rang the bell, I came. If I walked in and she starting talking about the incident or Marge or how sorry she was, I left.

Beth had a few nightmares about it. We knew that when she got better, she'd have to go to counseling. Her doctor had dropped by a few times to check on her, and she'd been to the hospital a couple of times as well. I didn't care, I just wanted her better. When the subject of counseling came up, I once betrayed my true feelings by saying "Why doesn't she just talk to fucking Marge, Marge knows everything".

Marge had not been seen or heard from since the incident. I anonymously bailed Ramon out of jail and waited for him outside of his "shit-hole" apartment. As soon as he got out of his car, I blindsided him with a baseball bat. I kicked Ramon in his nuts 10 times. One for every year of the marriage he fucked up. He didn't feel all of them though because he blacked out after the first 3 and long before the blood stained the front of his jeans. I woke him up by pissing in his face, and all he could say was "Marja, Marja, she tell me no stop. She tell me no stop" I had him repeat it while I recorded it on the digital recorder app on my iPhone.

I told Ramon that if I ever heard from him again, I'd have him killed. I dropped him off in front of the sane hospital Beth had been in.

Beth's recovery seemed to be taking a lot longer than the doctor's predicted. The nightmares were also so bad now that she woke up in the middle of the night screaming and crying. It was almost as if she didn't want to get better. Several times she'd screamed in the middle of the night and I went running into her room and held her hand until she fell back to sleep. She wouldn't let go of my hand so I ended up lying next to her all night. When it happened again the next night, I awoke to find her spooned in front of me with her holding my arm against her breasts. As I tried to disentangle myself I found that it, and I, was hard. I wanted her so badly I could taste it.

"I miss having you in me so much" she said. "Do you realize it's been almost a month, since we made love? That is not natural for us. I think it's time for us to have a baby anyway" she said.

I looked at her like she was crazy, and got up roughly.

"Beth you think we could...." I started but before I could finish my sentence she said,

"It's still a little sore, but I want to so badly" she said

"Maybe we should have the doctor check you out" I replied.

"Whatever you want sweetheart" she said smiling. "Even if we can't do anything, I'm glad we're talking again. I realized a lot of things lately"

Damn, I thought, she just won't fucking shut up.

"I love you so much and I can't believe how close I came to losing the most important person in the world to me. I had doubts about whether or not you loved me enough for us to try to get past this but for weeks now, as pissed at me as you are, you've always been there for me. Way more than I deserved, I'll love you forever" she said

I turned and left the room, without saying shit.

I went back into the room a few minutes later and took her my phone. I played the recording of Ramon for her. She was seething with anger at Marge and could barely look at Ramon.

"It was awful" she said "Every time I see you, I get wet. You can look at me in a certain way and I'm ready to fuck but with him, it just didn't work. I was all excited about trying someone new, but my heart wasn't in it so my body didn't react" she said beginning to cry. "And you know how tight I am down there anyway. I can't believe that Marge told him not to stop" she said and started crying harder. "That bitch was just trying to mess us up" she snapped

"I told you that from the beginning" I said.

"Well no one will ever come between us again, I promise" she said, trying to pull me down for a kiss.

"No one will" I said "Tomorrow's a big day"

"Why?" she asked

"Well first we've got to see the doctor, to see if we can, you know" I said faking a smile.

She smiled as I said it.

"We've also got to clear the air with Marge, this all needs to be sorted out" I said

"And then this will all be over, and we can go on with our lives? Will you sleep with me and hold me tonight, even if we can't make love?" she asked.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea" I said, "I might get too worked up, and hurt you"

"It would feel so good it'd be worth it. What if I have a nightmare?" she asked.

"Well just remember that after tomorrow, this whole nightmare will be over and we'll both finally be where we should be" I said solemnly

As soon as I left the room, I called Brandy and told her that Beth wanted to speak to Marge tomorrow to clear the air.

"What's going on? Are you and Beth finally getting back together?" she asked, and I think I heard a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Not a chance, but don't tell anyone" I smirked. "Actually when this whole thing is done there's something else I'm thinking a lot about" I said. "I don't drink alcohol, but I want to try a certain type of liquor"

"I'll buy you a bottle" she said, "I got drunk a lot during my divorce"

The next morning the doctor came by at about 11 a.m. He gave Beth a complete clearance to not only return to work, but to resume having sex.

He did tell us to go slow and be very gentle at first, but he saw no problems.

Beth joined me in the den, with a smile on her face. At noon Marge and Brandy stopped by.

Marge came into the den and saw Beth for the first time since the incident and she moved to hug Beth who moved away from her angrily. Before they could say anything the doorbell rang.

I escorted 3 men into the room. Marge looked at 2 of the men strangely.

"Marge, the reason we're here is to clear the air about this whole situation" I said.

I stood next to Beth, with my hand on her shoulder.

"When my Beth first met you, we were madly in love" I began. "We had a very good and very close marriage. Besides being my wife, Beth was my lover, my confidant, my best friend and my soul mate. You, Marge, twisted her head around and you took all of that away from me" I said with a really vicious tone in my voice.

"But I was just trying to h...." began Marge.

"Marge, how could you have helped, you've been married and divorced 3 times. You couldn't even hold onto any of your own husbands, so how could you help other women hold on to theirs?" I asked.

Marge sat down and stared at her shoes. This wasn't going the way she thought it would.

"But Marge, you didn't just help Beth and me, you destroyed 2 other marriages as well" I said. "Mr. Martin here is an officer of the court" the little man approached Marge.

"Marge Blair?" he asked

"Yes" she said

"You've been served" he handed her 3 sets of papers.

"What are these?" she screamed

"You are being sued on three counts of alienation of affection leading to the end of 3 marriages"

"You deserve it you bitch" said Beth squeezing my hand tighter, then her face paled. "Wait, there's only two divorces you mentioned"

Mr. Martin came to our side of the room.

"Beth Sanders"

"Yes" she said hesitantly

"You've been served" He handed Beth her divorce papers.

"Why" she screamed, "I love you! You told me when this was over, we'd be back together" she said through her tears. "We can get past this" she said pleadingly.

"You didn't love me enough to listen to me when I was begging you to help me fight for what we had" I said coldly "And you "heard" that when all this was over we'd be back together, but what I said was when this was over we'd be where we should be. And to me, I should be with someone who loves me enough to put me first. You should obviously be with Marge and we're already 'past this' as you put it" I said.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,800 Followers