Not As It Seems

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the fridge he finds the correct ingredients to make a quick and easy meal of Mac and Cheese. Such a bachelor, he thinks to himself. With the noodles cooking he takes the time to undress and get into something more comfortable. He turns on his TV and puts on the news. Economy is all that comes from the reporter's mouth. Just what he needs to hear. A couple clicks later he finds the humorous show Two and a Half Men. Better, he thinks. With the Mac and Cheese done, he places the hot cheesy meal on a plate and pours some juice into a cup. He sits down at his table and sits in the chair with a good view of the TV. He eats his food while taking out his laptop. He wants to get started with his story. With the laptop on and Open Office program up and running he is about to begin, but stops. Title, he thinks. Damn. What would the title be? He thinks about it with a mouthful of cheesy noodles. Then it hits him. He is sure there are better titles for this kinda story out there but this one hold true.

Not As It Seems

Jeremy finishes his dinner and begins to write the short story. He gets up to clear the table so he has a cleaner place to work. He does the dishes real quick and gets back to writing. A few moments pass and he gets the first paragraph done. He reads and rereads it, then continues writing.

A few hours go by and he has most of the story done. Once he has written all he wants he goes through it, finding small mistakes. He does the best he can but is sure there are many more mistakes in the story. That's what an editor is for. And what a great job his editor does. He gets up to get something more to drink and hears a distinctive noise coming from his bathroom. Curious, he gets up and enters the kitchen. The bathroom door is closed and the light is on. That shouldn't be. He hasn't turned it on since he has been home.

Jeremy quietly steps toward the bathroom and slowly the bathroom door begins to open. Jeremy freezes. His mind racing. What is it? The door opens and standing there is a unknown man in black clothes. A robber, he discerns. Rage envelops Jeremy very quickly. The robber doesn't move as he stares back at Jeremy. With a scream of anger Jeremy rushes at the man with the intention of hurting him and showing him why breaking into someone's home is a bad idea.

Jeremy roars loud and strong as he rushes at full pace. A few more feet and Jeremy would have had his hands around that guys throat, but he sees a hand gun being taken out and pointed at him. The gunshot echoes through the house. He feels a sharp pain enter his chest. The bullet goes right into him and he sees the robber going back into the bathroom to jump out the bathroom window. With the bullet in his chest, Jeremy gets a eerie sense of deja vu—that somehow the story is linked to him. Soon the thought becomes irrelevant as Jeremy looses focus on the connections with the story and his life. energy is being slowly drained out of him. His mind is blank and all he wants to do is sleep.

He feels as if his body has been falling for miles. A limitless pit. Just falling and falling. He has no clue to who he is or where he is. Smack! He lands hard on a floor. His eyes adjust to the light. Where is he?

12