Not My Type: Felicity Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
firstkiss
firstkiss
3,013 Followers

After the drawn out silence he said, "Glad you're fitting in here."

I didn't dare look up at him, not when I couldn't be sure if I'd heard sincerity or sarcasm in his voice. I wasn't used to this serious, aloof vibe coming from Matt. I touched the motorcycle's engine again, gently. Why couldn't everything in life be as straightforward as the mechanics of the parallel twin engine?

"Thank you again for bringing me. It's nice to get away from the shop."

"It's great to hear you laugh," Matt offered. "You don't do it much anymore."

I glanced up, surprised.

"Look, I'm sorry..." I began, although I was unsure what I was apologizing for. Whether it was for letting him in on the financial troubles at the shop or for flirting with Adam I couldn't be sure.

Matt shrugged. It was something he did a lot, but this time it was as if the gesture had sloughed off his grim expression.

"Dinner'll be ready soon. Whadda you say we work at rounding off some of those corners of yours?"

Laughter bubbled over my lips—the kind of laughter only Matt inspired in me.

"Sure," I told him. And then I followed him back inside.

I would have taken his hand if I thought I could get away with it. But the Matt who walked me back to the cottage wasn't the Matt who invited me here. His jovial mask had fallen off over the course of the afternoon. I wracked my brain trying to pinpoint what had triggered the change but came up with nothing. Had I overlooked a side of him that had been there all along?

To be continued...

Darlings... yes, I know it's a little short... I promise you the next few chapters are much, much longer!!! xo firstkiss

firstkiss
firstkiss
3,013 Followers
12