Not My Type: Felicity Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
firstkiss
firstkiss
3,010 Followers

We straightened the spare room, collected all the towels, and brought them downstairs to the kitchen. I laughed at Matt's pouting as I dressed again. We threw all the towels in the wash and then piled into Matt's car. He gave a long, enthusiastic toot of the car horn as we drove past his parents' house. It wasn't really fair to chase Rhiannon, Joe, and Sophie from their home, although I was grateful for the alone time they'd given us.

~*~

Dad couldn't hide his surprise when Matt and I ambled into the living room twenty minutes later. He didn't ask us any questions though as we settled on the couch, however he did send me an encouraging grin when he thought Matt couldn't notice. We watched the news and the sports highlights and then half of an action movie before my father's snores filled the room.

It was half past nine when I glanced at the clock. I rose and tucked an afghan around my father and then snapped off the lamp at his elbow.

"Think he'll be okay there?" Matt whispered as he came to stand behind me.

"He sleeps here most nights." And out of the habit of covering things I added, "It's easier on his back than being in bed."

I turned around to find Matt smiling down at me. He smoothed my hair down. "You're so good to him. You're so good to me."

I shrugged. "What can I say? I have a soft spot for mechanics."

Matt's smile grew crooked. "Think it's safe to leave him now?"

I nodded. "He'll sleep through the night. And he can drive himself to the garage in the morning."

"Does that mean I can finally take you home?" Matt murmured. "Are you spending the night with me?"

"If you want me to."

"Oh, I want," Matt purred.

I reached up and curled my hand around Matt's cheek. By the looks of it, he hadn't shaved all week and his stubble was starting to get soft. I rubbed it teasingly, hoping he'd let it grow. A beard would suit him.

"Need a few minutes to pack an overnight bag?"

I batted my eyelashes. "Why? Am I going to need pyjamas?"

Matt bit back a groan. "Never! Just a toothbrush and clean coveralls for tomorrow."

"And bra and panties," I teased. "Maybe a t-shirt, a pair of socks."

Matt tilted his head. "What are the chances I can just keep you naked in my bed all day tomorrow instead?"

I patted his cheek again, a little more forcefully. "Slim to none, I'm afraid. We have a lot of jobs booked tomorrow."

"Slave driver," Matt muttered with a disgruntled laugh. He whirled me about and pushed me in the direction of the stairs. It only took a few minutes to collect my things. I left Dad a note even though I knew he would figure out exactly where I was when he woke in the morning.

Matt passed the five-minute drive back to the garage by listing out loud all the ways we'd make love. Half of me couldn't stop laughing at some of his outrageous suggestions; the other half was on fire imagining us carrying out his sexy ideas. He let me climb the stairs this time, but we were only a few feet inside the door when he scooped me up and carried me, laughing, to the bedroom.

"Are you convinced I am physically unable to walk?" I joked as Matt set me down and began divesting me of my t-shirt and khakis for the second time in a day.

"I like slinging you about," Matt said in a raspy growl. "Makes me feel manly."

I helped pull his polo shirt over his head and then splayed my hands against his broad, hard chest. "Of course, because you're not manly enough."

Matt shrugged before he brushed his thumbs over my nipples. I moaned.

"I feel the most manly when you make noises like that for me," he drawled. Gently he picked me up and laid me down on his bed before covering me with his warm weight. "Let's see how many more noises I can coax out of you."

As it turns out, he managed to get quite a lot.

It was after midnight before I conceded defeat. Matt slumped over me, his breathing just as ragged as my own.

"You know. . . I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow because of you."

He patted my hip. "It'll be a nice reminder."

I laughed into his shoulder. I wasn't going to need a reminder of our time together. There wasn't any way I was liable to forget it.

"Are you going to be able to get any work done around the shop now?" I asked with a giggle. "Or are you just going to spend your day ogling my butt every time I bend over?"

Matt chuckled and shifted off of me then wrapped me against his body. "Felicity, honey," he announced as he drew the blankets over us. "I've been ogling your lovely bottom every time you've bent over for the past two months and still managed to keep up. Tomorrow will be no different."

I feigned shock and elbowed Matt in the ribs.

"Pervert."

His response was sleepy laughter. I felt his large body relax against mine and with each passing moment, the effects of the long day snuck up on me.

"Yeah, but I'm your pervert," he mumbled as he dropped a kiss on the top of my head. "So that's got to count for somethin'."

"It counts for everything," I said just as exhaustion set in. Matt's hand settled on my waist and then together we slept.

~*~

Flick and Matt's story has been the quickest I've ever written in my life. I love their characters and their dynamic together. It's been a fun story to write and yet difficult at the same time. It was a challenge to write a character like Matt, one who isn't perfect and who makes mistakes, who doesn't always say or do the right things, who isn't the stereotypical 'perfect' romantic male lead. I really wanted to make him as much like a 'real' guy as possible -- with a little bravado and swagger which hides a lot of insecurity and doubt.

And then there is the relationship between Flick and her father, one which often hit a little close to home for me. Anyone who has watched a loved one struggle with alcohol knows how heartbreaking it can be. Luckily they're not alone in their fight; there are plenty of worthy organizations and skilled professionals who can help. Please contact your local Alcoholics Anonymous if you or anyone you love is battling alcoholism. It will make all the difference, I assure you. Oh, and so you know -- my dad has been sober for seven years! I'm so proud.

And of course thank you as always for your feedback. All the best ~ firstkiss

firstkiss
firstkiss
3,010 Followers
12