Nothing to Talk About!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maybe Martha came back home while I was sleeping and didn't see me, as I wasn't supposed to be here. I went to the bedroom but there was no sign of her.

And then I remembered that she was probably with her sister. I wanted to phone Nadia and ask for Martha, but I realized that if I knew where she lived – I picked up her kids there a few times – I have no idea what was her phone number. Or do I?

I gripped my smart phone and just as I was about to go to my contact list, I saw the apps icon for Findmyphone. I had that installed on both our smart phones last year when I lost mine somewhere between New York City and Cincinnati.

In a matter of seconds I had the location of Martha's phone. Mills Lake? What the fuck was she doing in Mills Lake? Nadia was dead broke and certainly had no money to buy or even rent a cottage in Mills Lake. It was a very exclusive community, most cottages worth many times over the cost of our house. I used Google earth to pinpoint where she was exactly.

Her location wasn't in the village proper but seemed on a very secluded estate surrounded by a large stonewall. What Martha was doing at a millionaire's place?

Mills Lake was about an hour drive from town. I had to know what she was doing there. I was not ready for a confrontation – if ever – and I had to find out what she was up to. If I were to simply ask her, she would probably lie, as she already did. Within minutes, I was in my car.

All the time I was driving there, I kept kicking my ass for refusing to believe the worst from Martha. I should had looked right away at the GPS locator of her phone instead of finding excuses for her lies.

When I arrived at Mills Lake, I still didn't know what I wanted to do. I didn't know what to expect. I kept hoping for a simple explanation. I drove toward the estate where Martha was. Shit, there was a huge gate blocking the entrance and I sure didn't intend to drive there and buzz the house asking for my wife. I looked around and a parked car along the road would be an eyesore for the locals and would certainly attract a police car or whatever security guards that was working for this select community.

I drove a bit before I found a wooden trail where I could park the car. I didn't even know how I would climb that wall. That's when I realized that the estate was fronting the lake and that there might be a way to access the property from that side. I soon found a pedestrian access to the lake. At the shore, I wasn't even sure at which huge cottage Martha was. I had to keep checking back on the GPS locator. I finally arrived at a big mansion.

There were still some lights on at the mansion, but it was coming from the second floor. The first floor was dark. One drape was open and light was pouring out that window. I found a tree and climbed high enough to have a look inside the house. I first saw a man wearing a white terrycloth housecoat. I didn't recognize him at all. He was older than myself, maybe 60. He moved away. A few minutes later, a woman appeared and I instantly understood why Martha was there. It was Nadia. Her own housecoat was open and she looked outside while sipping champagne from a flute. She was naked underneath the housecoat. Well, she was still a very good-looking woman at 40. There was almost no sag in her breasts and she still had a flat tummy.

So I was right. Martha was with her sister. I wasn't surprise to learn that Nadia was after a sugar daddy knowing that the divorce had been hard on her financially. But I didn't really like to learn that Martha was dragged into that kind of life. You never know what can happen with these people.

The man I first saw came behind Nadia. He gently grabbed her, his hands roaming all over her body. They settled on her firm breast and he was tweaking her nipples that seemed real hard seen from this far. He took the glass of Champagne from Nadia and left it out of sight on his left.

His hands went up to her shoulder and he removed her housecoat that he let slip down on the floor. I should have climbed down from the tree, to avoid seeing my sister in law in her full splendid nakedness. But I didn't.

The old man still had his own housecoat on and the only visible part of him was his very erect penis sticking out the housecoat.

He grabbed Nadia again, one hand massaging her breasts while the other was caressing her mound. His foreplay didn't last long. He pushed Nadia forward while holding her ass to his hips. Bending her further, he had her soon ready for a good doggie style fucking. I saw Nadia winced in pain when he entered her from behind.

It seems he didn't have much time to waste as he increase his speed rather quickly. He was now ramming her real hard. He was fucking so hard that Nadia had to brace herself on the French door so as to avoid hitting her head.

I thought for a second that her lover was done when he stopped fucking and took a small step back. Then I realized what was about to happen. The intense look of pain on Nadia told me everything I needed to know, He must have been all the way up her ass and he started to ram her even harder. I couldn't comprehend the picture in front of me: Nadia with tears streaking down her cheek while the old man behind her had a fiendish smirk on his face. He knew he was hurting her and the bastard was enjoying it.

I am really old fashion. For me, love and sex are simply two sides on the coin of a union between a woman and a man. What I had just witness was totally devoid of love. I didn't like Nadia, but I would never wish something as bad.

A bit embarrassed by the sideshow, I was about to climb down when the couple moved away from the window. That's when I caught a glimpse of Martha. She was sitting on a couch further back in the room, a silly drunken grin on her face. My heart froze. Her housecoat was not only open; it was open all the way down to her hips, held in place only with the belt. A second man approached her, opened his housecoat and offered a very erect penis. Martha sealed the fate of our marriage when she put her drink down and grabbed the offered cock and started to lick it. I was so shocked that I took a step backward... and fell from the tree. Branches broke my fall and I wasn't hurt too much when I landed.

Like a zombie, tears streaking down my face, I limped my way back to my car. I was hurt. Really, really deeply hurt! Not from my fall from the tree, but from my fall from grace, from the loss of my love.

I though for a few seconds to rush to the cottage, break down the door and cause as much mayhem as I could. But the idea of spending the next three to five years in jail for Breaking & Entering and for Assault was not very appealing to say the least.

A mix of emotions was fighting in my head as I walked alone through the night. There were no more denials in me. There was just a sense of loss, an immense sadness, and a rising anger that I didn't dare risk to let loose unless it overwhelmed me and screwed my life even more than it was. I knew that even if my anger turned to rage, I would never do something that would physically hurt Martha. But I almost did.

I could have simply driven home, packed my stuff and left her. Living in a no fault state, with our own wages and no more underage kids living at home, the divorce would be straightforward: split everything 50-50 and bye bye bitch! But I needed a little payback. I played a few minutes with an idea and decided to go for it and see how it would play out.

I took my phone and dialed Martha's number. As expected, she didn't pick up and I got her voice mail. I was hoping that she would check her voice-mail immediately after I left it, just in case.

"Hey Honey!" I said. "You didn't pick-up the house phone so I am now trying your cell. I just wanted to tell you not to panic when you hear my keys in the door in a few minutes. It was a crazy evening with a snowstorm diverting our plane toward Chicago then finally being sent back here. They are not sure exactly when we will be landing, but I should be home 30 minutes after that. See you shortly."

Now she must have heard the ping sound telling her that she had a voice-mail. As we were in the middle of the night, she must be curious and distraught enough to receive a message this late. That is really out of character for me. Now she is reaching for her phone and going to voice-mail. Please let her be drunk enough not to realize that I couldn't have used my cell phone in the plane. Now she is in a panic mode. She is about to get caught. She is not sure, but she thinks that she might just have time to jump in the car and beat me back home. All the while, she is dressing up real quick and probably answering question from her sister and her lover.

My phone startled me when it started to ring. I didn't think about it. It made sense that she would try to figure out exactly when I would be home.

"Hi Honey! Sorry if I woke you up!" I said.

"Er... it's alright. Are you on your way home?" asked Martha.

"I should be there in about an hour, give or take a few minutes," I answered knowing that it would be touch and go for her to beat me back home, but doable. Will she bite?

"Ok, see you then," she said and hung up.

Within a few minutes, I saw her car coming from the estate's gate and drive rather fast toward the interstate. Shit! She almost ended up in the ditch. She must be drunker than I thought. It is one thing to play with Martha, it is another one to sit here while she might be involved in an accident and kill some innocent strangers. I was mad at her but not at the risk of the life of the mother of my children. Think fast! Think fast!

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I would like to report a drunk driver. The car almost ran into me then sped away, swerving like crazy. It just got on the interstate at Mills Lake heading south. It's a dark blue Ford Taurus and I got the four last digits on the license plate. It's 7714. Somebody better stop that car before the driver kills somebody."

I was thanked for my assistance and reassured that a patrol car would be checking the drunk driver. I kept my distance and followed Martha. Two exits later, I saw a Highway Patrol car way up on a bridge over the freeway. As soon as Martha's car came into view, it took off and headed back on the interstate. Sure enough, they pulled Martha over. I passed them. Forty-five minutes later, I was back home.

It is almost funny if it wasn't so sad that in a matter of one night, the life of one of the persons I loved so much would become of no consequence. I really had to take a few seconds to weight the possibility that Martha might die in a car crash and the sadness and misery my children would suffer. Nowhere was my love for her a factor in the decision I made. Not that I didn't love her anymore, but that I wasn't able to see our lives going forward together.

I turned the house phone ringer off and turned my cell phone off. I needed to think. I can't believe I spent the last hours trying to find an explanation to Martha's lie, when the obvious one kept jumping in my face.

I opened a bottle of wine and tried to figure out what I would do. For years I believed that my love of Martha would be like a good bottle of wine, that it would reach its peak with age. As it is, it seems that it turned to vinegar.

I loved that woman so much that the pain of her betrayal was killing me. No, it's not only the betrayal that was killing me. It was also the discovery of the loss of our love that was killing me. Without that love, I was nobody. I was nothing. It had defined me for the last 26 years, 24 as husband and wife. Can I survive that? Wouldn't it be less painful to just go to the next bridge and simply jump off it? I never thought that I would have to plan a life without Martha. I didn't know how to start about it.

I never made decisions without first discussing it with Martha. Now I couldn't even contemplate the idea of speaking to her.

It's simple: my family has been my whole life. Every single decision has been made thinking about my wife and my kids. Even our social life was focused on the needs of our family. I didn't congregate much with my fellow workers. I attended social functions like the annual Christmas party and such, but I was always heading home right after work. I could count on the fingers of one hand the times I had gone out with people at work over the last 10 years.

With the kids now out of the house, it was only Martha and I. Now it was only I. I was left alone with my grief. I was left alone with nobody to love. Alone for the first time in my life!

Why did she do that to me? Why the deception when a simple divorce would have been still painful but more respectful of all the years and happy moments we shared? When did she stop loving me? Was she only staying with me till the kids grow up and leave? When did she stop caring?

I saw the departure of our kids as an opportunity to concentrate more on Martha and on us. It seems she saw it as the end of the road for us. My thinking wasn't that clear but I now realized that she probably didn't know how to break it up. Somewhere, I think she still care about me. Unless it was only cowardice...

I kept seeing that stranger pushing his cock in her mouth. The way she grabbed it, without hesitation, and started to lick it showed me how comfortable they were with each other or how easy it was to cheat on me. Martha and her lover! Me alone without love brought only one thought: we were dead as a couple.

Amidst my despair, my pain was a link to life. Pain reminded me of my loss, of better moments, of my kids. I must think about them.

My kids saved me that evening. I didn't have enough self-esteem left to extract me from the deep well of my despair. My kids did it! The though of them helped me cling to a little bit of self-preservation. Ross and Amelia will soon get married and start their own families. I realized that I wanted to be the grandpa to spoil their many kids. I just won't do it with Martha.

I had to get away from all that before the grief kills me. It wouldn't be very hard, just painful. I know that I will always remember Martha the way I loved her. I know that I will also always remember her with another man's cock in her mouth. I had to get out of Dodge.

I had always been a man of modest expectations. My parents were not rich, but I grew up in a very loving family. I could do without all the flashy stuff I now owned. Thinking about everything we owned, my clothes, my car, and my laptop were the only things I would take with me. The more I though about it, the more obvious the resolution of my problem was. I'll pack up my stuff and disappear. I don't want to set my eyes on the woman I once loved more than life itself. The sight of her would just remind me of what I lost, and of my constant pain.

I got up, grabbed a few bags and started to put all my clothe in it. It took me only 30 minutes! I had all the bags in my car in a matter of minutes. It was close to 6AM when I finished packing. I then took a nap, as I was confident that Martha would remain in the drunk tank till mid-morning.

Chapter 3 – Taking off, moving on

I slept like a rock and my phone alarm clock woke me up at 9AM. After making an emergency appointment with my lawyer, I took a shower, removed my wedding ring and left it on the table beside my phone. I decided to take a few minutes to write a Dear Jane letter! We had nothing to talk about but I had to vent my disappointment.

"Martha,

I should have known that you would turn like your sister: a stupid oversexed lonely divorced woman. Genetic I guess!

By the time you read this, I will be gone from your life, never to see you again. I loved you so much that your betrayal hurt like crazy. I never thought that I could hurt that much.

For the 24 years of happy life together, and thankful for the two kids you gave me, I will be fair and quick so you can go back to your lover. I just wish you had been as fair and divorced me before you went whoring around on me. Did you get paid? The guy seemed loaded if I can judge by the mansion you were in.

I don't wish to see you or to talk to you. We have nothing to talk about. My lawyer will contact yours and just sign the divorce papers.

Y

PS Fuck you!

At 10AM, I was at the bank. I paid up our joint credit cards and cancelled them. I had the bank make a cashier check for all our savings and CDs and transferred just enough money in the checking account to cover the mortgage and utility bills for the next two months. I then removed my name from the joint account. I left the bank with a check worth close to $250,000.

I was at my work place just before noon. My boss was surprised to see me as I was supposed to be in Minnesota. He was even more surprised when I announced that I was quitting and moving out of town.

My relationship with my boss is special. He is my boss because I refused the promotion and he felt a bit awkward about it at first, feeling indebted to me. When he went through a divorce two years ago, I came in his office and told him that it was the reason I refused the promotion. Since then, we have been more equal partners than boss and employee.

"Listen Y, I have a proposition for you," he said. "I'll accept your quitting from your current position, but I won't ask HR to terminate the employment and write you a check for your 401k. Instead, I have an opening in our new optics division in Tucson. It pays less than you make now, but I hear that you can find a decent place at a very good price out there."

We shook hands on that deal after he agreed to spread the rumor that I had quit my job.

Next, I stopped at my lawyer and explained that I was leaving Martha, plain and simple. He was to serve her with divorce papers and give her a power of attorney so she could sell the house. That would become her 50% share of our wealth. My attorney tried to talk me into counseling, as he was also a friend of the family. But he rapidly understood that I would be out of town, out of state, and out of a wife by midnight.

By the end of the afternoon, I was on the road. I was very tired and stopped around 8pm at a rather decrepit motel. Hey, what do you expect for a 60$ a night motel. All I needed was a place to crash.

I dialed Ross phone number on a throwaway phone I bought earlier.

"Hello!"

"Hi Ross, it's Dad," I said.

"What's that phone number Dad?" asked Ross.

"Well, save it, it is my new phone number," I said. "Any news from your mom today?"

"No! Why?"

"Well, I have to be direct with you Ross," I said. "I caught your mom cheating yesterday."

"Oh shit Dad! Not her too! What are you gonna do about it?"

"It's already done Ross. I packed my stuff, I cleared the bank accounts, leaving enough for her till she sells the house, I quit my job, and I am on the road, heading south. I'm done with her. I will give her the freedom to fuck around, but it won't be as my wife. She will be served with divorce paper later this week."

There was a long silence on the line.

"Does Amelia know?" Ross asked.

"No, not yet! Everything happened so fast. You're the first one to know. I am not even sure if your mom knows yet that I left her. She wasn't around when I packed," I said. "I'll phone you regularly. Keep me inform."

Another silence.

"I love you son! I am bushed and I need to go."

"Love you too Dad!"

My phone call to Amelia was as sad. It was crushing my two kids to learn what their mother did to us. They had seen what the damage Aunt Nadia did to her family and, like me, they couldn't understand that their mother would do the same thing to us.

"I wonder how long she had been doing this Daddy?" said Amelia, always straightforward. "How long it was that we were not enough for her anymore?"

"It doesn't matter Honey! I just wish she had been honest with me and divorced me before cheating. Now it doesn't matter for how long or why. To me, all that matters was that I loved her, that I trusted her with my life, and that she betrayed that trust. Nothing else matters anymore," I said.