Observations on Nipples and Breasts

Story Info
A discussion of people's nipple & breast preferences.
1.7k words
4.09
31k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

{{Author's Note: If you are going to score or rate this essay (which I sincerely encourage), please do so on the merits of the writing, NOT on whether or not you agree with the opinions.}}

* * * * *

There is a Nipples thread on the Literotica forum under Story Feedback started by the incomparable JenniferMidnight. The opening premise was "Nipples: Likes and Dislikes." Included at no extra charge is a poll on preferred nipple color. Considering nearly 9,500 forum postings and over 2,800 votes on the poll, there is clear consensus on only two conclusions:

1.Nipples are good.

2.Breasts are good.

I know, I know, it doesn't take in-depth research or a whole lot of analysis to come to those conclusions, but who can blame a person for the passionate pursuit of subject samples, social discourse and comparative analysis of and about nipples and breasts? However, in my exhaustive, painstaking research, I have noticed some rough generalities that you may find interesting and/or illuminating. Of course, I do not propose to "know" any of this, nor do I defend these as being accurate. These are merely personal observations and broad generalizations to which there are many exceptions and alternate opinions.

First and foremost, there are the characteristics of nipples and breasts themselves. These include size, shape and (mostly in the case of nipples) color. It appears to me that, as expected, overall size of a breast is a factor. There is definitely a sizeable and candid "bigger is better" contingent out there. What I have found interesting is that there is an equally represented "smaller, firmer" faction. What I have also found interesting is who (in general) tends to be in which group.

Younger, testosterone-driven males tend to express more preferences for the bigger breasts. Although there does tend to be an upper limit for most (roughly larger than a volleyball), they do not appear to differentiate further - natural or implants, nipple length or circumference, even color of nipples and breasts don't appear to factor in much. This is the "Great Rack!" crowd that loves the restaurant "Hooters" and keeps Playboy Magazine in business. Don't misinterpret - I do not criticize or belittle this group. I have merely noted certain other common interests members of this group tend to have (in general).

Women with large breasts tend to have one of two general viewpoints. One viewpoint is the "eye contact" group. These women are frustrated at the attention their breasts draw - guys don't make eye contact but just stare openly at their chest. They tend to have almost a combination of shame and anger at their situation. These women pretty much stay away from a breast or nipple-associated forum - they don't like theirs so they certainly don't want to see or talk about others. I know one large-chested woman in her 50s who has spent so much of her life trying to de-emphasize her breasts, she almost always walks with her arms folded across her chest and never wears anything that would reveal even a hint of cleavage.

The other viewpoint of women with large breasts is what I call the "Oh, yeah!" group. These women love the fact that they have large breasts. They like the attention they get because of them and will do things to emphasize them. They are also not above using their...assets to their advantage - everything from getting out of speeding tickets, to making a sale or getting a promotion can be accomplished, at least in part, by using their breasts against men susceptible to their power and influence. I have not had much intimate relations with large-chested women, but I have had some candid discussions with some. What I found most interesting about the sexual side of large breasts is that it is not necessarily a male power/control "thing" when a guy "titty-fucks" a woman. That was always my assumption, but more than one woman has informed me that they like it also. They can get a sense of power and control over the man by doing this - "I can get you off with just my breasts."

Who would you guess to be in the "smaller, firmer" coalition? It is my observation that women of all ages and older, more mature men tend to express preference for breasts in this overly-simplistic category. The women expressing interests in breasts appear to view the entire shape and symmetry of the breast and nipple together. They don't tend to focus on the extremes - very long nipples, huge breasts, etc. Breasts that are firm, capped with an erect, well-defined nipple and those that have a bit of a natural "teardrop" droop with a modest but well-defined nipple appear to be favorites. The interests of older men in smaller breasts can be best summarized by the "mouthful" paradigm - more than a mouthful is unnecessary. Oh, don't be fooled - those guys have no problems with large breasts per se, but they are old enough and wise enough to know that breasts are a source of pleasure for a woman, more so than they are for a man. I must admit that I am a member of this group. We love everything about breasts, but we are most interested in using them to pleasure our partners, and the smaller breasts are more...manageable. There is also a subtle, rarely discussed concern on our part that if we spend a lot of time on foreplay with breasts on a large-chested woman, she may think we are actually in the more superficial "bigger is better" contingent. If they are average-sized (or smaller) breasts, our attention on them rarely gets misinterpreted.

Unlike the "bigger is better" group, there are well-defined sub-groups in the "smaller, firmer" group. The most well-known would be the "itty bitty titty committee." The ranks of this group tend to be filled by women with very small breasts and men who love a long, hard nipple more than the surrounding breast. I love this group for two reasons. First, I find women who are comfortable and proud of their breasts regardless of size and shape to be very comfortable and open about their sexuality. That is always a huge turn-on. The other reason is that I am one of those men who cares more about the nipple than the breast as a whole. I find it much more erotic to have a long, hard nipple in my mouth or fingers while a woman...expresses her enjoyment of associated feelings and sensations, than to have really large breasts that have wide, semi-flaccid nipples that don't have the same effect on the woman under similar ministrations.

There is also the "school-girl" sub-group. Women with a youthful appearance and small, firm breasts are the preference for this group. I call it the "school-girl" group because the women of interest to this group tend to be young - breasts that may still be developing and are therefore small and firm. To me, this may be the most controversial and divisive group there is. There is almost a stigma associated with being in the "school-girl" group. If an older male expresses an interest or approval of a young woman with small, firm breasts, that opinion is derided with the offending party being labeled a "dirty old man." Terms like "jailbait" and "help her with her homework" are slung to belittle and demean the choice, even in a friendly, "all-opinions welcome" forum such as the Nipples forum I introduced at the beginning.

I would also place Asian women as a subject of interest to this group. They tend to have a very youthful appearance and smaller, firmer breasts than their Caucasian counterparts. What I find interesting is that those expressing a preference for "Asian women" also tend to be drawn to Caucasian women who skew younger, smaller and firmer, but they won't necessarily admit to this due to the "stigma." I would challenge all of them to review a stack of 100 black and white photos, full frontal (face obscured) and side view (without showing face, butt or legs), of Asian women and Caucasian women with dark pink or brown nipples. I seriously doubt they would find any of the Caucasian women any less attractive or desirable than the Asians. Don't get me wrong - my point has nothing to do with race. I love women of all races equally. My point is that I feel the Asian "lovers" that ridicule those that prefer young, small and firm Caucasians are simply being hypocritical.

Finally, there is the wrath of the more mature woman (say 35+) to a man expressing appreciation of a young, small and firm woman. Again, they don't appear to be as vocal about a man expressing a liking for Asian women, just when they express similar thoughts and opinions about a Caucasian woman. It is as if they consider the Asian preference a perfectly healthy and acceptable fetish, whereas a preference for Caucasian women with similar physical characteristics is seemingly akin to pedophilia. My overall preference is for mature women - I find their intellect and comfort with their sexuality to be very attractive and erotic. However, some young women can convey that same self-confidence and desire borne of self-awareness, and these women I find equally attractive. If they happen to be an 18 year old, small and firm Caucasian, so be it. However, if a woman with those characteristics happens to be an attractive 50 year old African-American grandma with very large breasts, I would probably gravitate to her more than to the 18 year old. But I can still find the 18 year old to be attractive without being a "dirty old man."

It is sad that there are social issues concerning nipples and breasts. It is not fair that a woman with large breasts may feel compelled to hide them, but it happens. Men should not be made to feel guilty at finding a young, nubile woman to be attractive, but in today's climate of sex crimes, that also is a fact of life. As stated previously, nipples and breasts are good and an endless variety is truly a gift for us all to enjoy.