Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you blow out that lantern beside you?"

She hesitated. She wasn't sure she wanted to be in the dark with him again. Before she could justify herself he interjected,

"Never mind, just let it burn itself out. The wick is too low to start a fire. Good night Zyra."

"This was an awful night."

Kail chuckled and somehow Zyra began to fall asleep. __________________________________________________

When Zyra awoke she was warm.

She felt encircled by something and a curious weight was upon her. Opening her eyes she saw the ogre's upper body was on top of her. His face was completely relaxed and his arms were underneath her. Looking beside her she saw that the candle had indeed burned itself out. Sighing she looked at him and tried to wiggle away. She found this was an impossible feat if she intended to keep her furs. Pulling an arm free she pushed on Kail's shoulder.

"Kail...Kail get off! KAIL!"

He groaned as he awoke pulling back from her. He gaze down, confused as he rubbed his eyes.

"Kail why were you on top of me?"Zyra asked calmly.

He grunted, still rubbing at his face.

"I don't know," he said raspily. "Are you sore?"

"...wait, what?"

He seemed to catch himself and braced his hands on either the side of her head before pushing up to stand. As the fur fell off the first thing she noticed was the tent in his pants. She stared at the large obvious strain and looked at him in shock.

"What have you done?"

"If I did anything you would know," he grumbled.

"Then...then why are you like that?"

He shook his head yawning. "I'll tell you later. Stay in the tent for a minute or so would you?"

She held the furs to her.

It was silent, too silent. She strained to hear and her ability activated allowing her to find him. He was in the forest.

She could hear soft pants. He let out a rough grunt and a moan. He sounded like he had been punched.

What the heck was he doing?

It sounded like...

Comprehension dawned on her and her hearing snapped back like a bowstring. Her face burned and she turned side to side to find her clothing. He did say it was outside. He sounded far away, but he was still outside.

What if she saw him and he took that the wrong way?

What if he couldn't control himself at the sight of her?

What if he couldn't control himself regardless?

Before she could come up with a worse theory he strode in. He headed straight to his cleaning station and ducked his hands in the water. She watched the arch of his muscled back in admiration. He really was put together nicely.

"Zyra, please stop it."

She blinked in surprise.

"Stop what?"

He turned to her, irritation on his face.

"You are not helping your cause. You're getting aroused again."

She gaped at him like a fish.

"I...I can't control it!" she snapped.

"Well you didn't have to listen in."

Her mouth closed and he looked at her bemused.

"Yes I knew you would. You're far too nosy to do otherwise."

"Well who told you to wake up in that state? On me no less!" she barked.

He walked outside. When he came back he had her clothes, boots and all. He tossed it over to her and gave her a rueful grin.

"That 'state' as you call it, is something I cannot control as well. We should have pity on one another don't you think?"

She gave him a nasty look and he laughed, exiting his dwelling and closing the door behind him. Zyra dressed swiftly and when she exited the dwelling she saw that the ogre had gone. Curious as to where he might be it occurred to her that he could be at the stream. Walking slowly she found herself nearing the place where she had watched him all of those times. Her pace unintentionally quickened until she found herself running towards the stream. Huffing she halted just inside of the forest brush. Looking into the crystalline water, she found to her dismay that the stream was empty. Frowning she turned and jumped as her face hit a green chest.

"Disappointed?"

Her eyes widened as she took him in. On impulse her eyes dipped down and she caught a good look of his member.

Naked... naked, naked, naked.

He was naked.

What was she supposed to do?

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," Kail commented as he passed her.

She watched bashfully but unable to help herself as he strutted confidently towards the water. How dare he be so comfortable in his own skin?

That bastard.

She watched as his hard muscular butt disappeared in the swells that his thighs made as he stepped into the water. He walked until his lower half was submerged then fully immersed himself. When he rose he threw his damp rosy locks back, the gold ring in his ear catching light. Zyra felt like she was having some form of heart attack just looking at him.

It wasn't fair, it just wasn't fair.

"Enjoying the show?" he said smirking widely.

"Fuck you Kail!" she spat looking away and back continuously.

"I wish you would!" he shouted with a grin.

She covered her ears and moaned in irritation. This was going to be hard.

"...ing in or not?"

She released her ears.

"What?"

Kail gazed at her, his body glistening with moisture.

"I asked whether you were coming in or not."

Zyra stared at him dumbly.

"You...you want me to join you?"

Kail rolled his eyes and huffed. "

Yes Zyra. I would like that very much."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"What are you planning?"

Kail scoffed and paddled backwards, heading towards the deeper water. When only his head remained he leant against a large boulder that jutted out of the lake.

"Why don't you come in and find out?"

"I don't want to find out that way. Tell me now."

"I recall a certain someone saying that there was no trust among us," he mused. "How do you intend to build that trust if you don't allow me to prove that I can be trustworthy?"

She glared at him in response.

"I have every reason to be skeptical of you Kail Shashanen Shyla."

He grinned toothily and draped his shoulders over the boulder.

"You are right, Zyra lead huntress of the Rovians."

Hesitantly she stepped forward coming to the edge as he watched her.

"What is it...exactly that you...want?"

"A bath," he explained. "Only a bath."

"Together?"

"Together."

"...but why does it have to be together?"

"Zyra!"

"Fine!"

She sat down sullenly and pulled her boots off, mumbling underneath her breath. Despite herself she began to feel excited. She had never bathed with a man before, let alone an ogre. She supposed there were perks to being closer to him while he bathed. She could see all that she had spied on those weeks. Besides, if he tried anything she could always drown him. Her strength would not fail her this time, she was sure of it.

She had rid herself of her skirt and her top before she became nervous. Kail's eyes had never left her and he continued to gaze at her expectantly. Trying to be brave she reached at the side of her bindings and fingered the knot that held it tight. She loosened it and was about to unravel it when she unconsciously focused in on his eyes and their intentness scared her.

"Turn around," she shouted.

Kail's brow furrowed.

"Why? I have seen you already."

"Then you can picture that image while you turn around."

"Why?"

"Because I'm embarrassed!"

He looked at her, watching her lips as they twisted with her biting.

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're beautiful Zyra."

She didn't respond to him.

Sighing he turned around to face the rock. A few minutes later he heard a loud splash. Looking over his shoulder he burst out laughing as he watched her crawl forward, determined to remain submerged into the trickle of water. As the water deepened comfortably enough for her she stopped swimming. Kail dropped his arms back into the water and raised a finger towards himself. She took a deep breath and waded over towards him. She was an arms' length away and that is where she stayed. He reached her waist and pulled her to him with little difficulty. Her breath hitched and he stroked the side of her face shushing her.

"Relax," he rumbled. "It's just a bath right?"

She stared down, her hands pressed against his chest.

Slowly, gently as though he might startle her he put his hand on her head and gently ran a hand through her hair. His fingertips stroked her back and he felt the shiver run through her. Zyra was not sure she had ever been as aware of her body as she was at that moment. The surface of her skin hummed. It wasn't unpleasant to feel his hands on her as he stroked her doubts backward.

"Where's the soap?" she mumbled.

She had given him a cake that Ginger had made with dried flowers in it. Did he ever use it?

Instead of answering her she felt the circle on her head and the pleasant smell that could only come from Ginger's recipe wafted through her hair. Zyra felt herself relaxing as Kail massaged the soap into her hair. They sat in silence as he washed her, caressing down her shoulders and her back when the mood struck him.

"You'll get used to my touch this way," he murmured softly.

"Hm..."

Part of her was still wary of him, but the feel of his firm hand of her back was undeniably nice.

Nice enough that maybe she could get used to it. An hour and several insults, laughs, and embarrassments later Zyra was headed back towards the village.

In the distance she could hear scattered shouts, mumbles, and exclamations. Frowning she headed to the source. She saw a crowd gathered facing Kyzu's tent. The memories of her sister made her frown contort into a grimace. It was then that a villager noticed her among the fringe.

"Zyra!"

They turned to her and ushered her forward.

"What's wrong?" she asked warily.

"Your sister has become inflicted by an unknown ailment," a village woman said briskly.

"What kind of ailment?"

The question remained unanswered when her sister stepped out from her tent. Looking up her she seemed as fine as yesterday. Kyzu simply looked extremely irate.

"What's wrong?" Zyra asked agitatedly. Kyzu stared at her.

"...well?"

"She cannot speak."

Looking to the side of her she saw Rair, her arms folded solemnly.

"You mean she's lost her voice?" Zyra asked incredulously.

"No," Rair responded. "It appears she has no voice."

Zyra was unsure how to deal with this. Was this some kind of prelude to a more serious sickness? Or was this just the extent of it?

"Do you feel physically fine Kyzu?" Zyra asked.

Kyzu glared harder.

"How am I supposed to tell you, you imbecile?"

"Well you can nod if you feel fine and not nod if you don't," Zyra snapped.

Kyzu's eyes widened.

"...you can read my thoughts?"

"Unfortunately."

"You can understand her?"

"Yes," Zyra said nodding to Rair.

"Do you not remember that Nima was once mute? Where is Nima?"

The girl heard her name and came scurrying forward.

"Auntie! I was wondering where you were!"

She enveloped her in a hug and she watched as Kyzu's eyes burned into her face.

"Nima do you remember how you used to speak?"

Nima nodded and looked at her mother.

"Mommy is silent now."

"Do you know what she wants?"

"She hasn't said anything."

Kyzu looked at the two of them and then mimed the action that Nima used to make for wanting water.

"She wants water," Nima said.

Kyzu nodded in agreement.

A village girl went off to get some and the villagers looked at Nima in surprise.

"Do you suppose that...Nima's muteness has come upon Kyzu?"

Zyra glared at the woman who proposed it.

"How would such a thing be possible?"

"I don't know," the woman said offensively. "But...she was touched by the strange orb and after she gained speech. Where did her speech come from? Only Kyzu was with her..."

"Nima did not steal Kyzu's voice!" Zyra barked.

"How dare you insult your future Chieftess in that manner?"

The village woman bowed her head and took a step back.

"F-forgive me Huntress."

"Ask for her forgiveness not mine."

She asked Nima for forgiveness but Nima was silent. Zyra looked down at Nima, her wide eyes were filled with concern.

"Mommy..."

Kyzu's mouth was left gaping open as she stared wordlessly in horror.

"Mommy..." Nima tried again. "...did I do something bad?"

Kyzu shook her head furiously and gestured angrily to the woman.

"Remove her from my presence. Now!"

Zyra raised an eyebrow at her and folded her arms. Rair who watched Kyzu's actions took the woman by the arm and directed her to head back to her tent.

"Kyzu is physically fine," Zyra declared. "We can do nothing unless her health declines."

"So you will do nothing?" Imjah asked stepping forward.

Zyra tilted her head. "What do you propose?"

Imjah's mouth tightened as she realized her exclamation had no backing.

"If any of you have any brilliant solutions I'd love to hear them. Until then, please return to your duties."

She watched as the crowd reluctantly dispersed until it was just her, Kyzu, and Nima.

Kyzu shook in her rage as she held Nima to her.

"Why did you not say what I commanded?

Zyra looked at Nima who was starting to get upset from her mother's shaking.

"Mommy," the child said brokenly. "You can have my voice. I don't need it."

"You didn't take her voice Nima," Zyra said firmly to the child.

"Your mother just doesn't wish to talk for a while. Right Kyzu?"

Nima looked up at her mom expectantly and her mom gave a jerky nod.

"Then...then why did the woman say..."

"That woman was a stupid lady. Some ladies are stupid and should be ignored. Others become stupid when they are scared. Don't worry, your mom's voice will come back soon."

Kyzu rubbed her daughter's back and gave her cheek a kiss before gesturing that she go and play.

Nima hesitated, and then proceeded to run off, her long braid whipping her back.

"I know you did this to me.

Zyra scoffed and looked at her sister with disdain.

"No. I'm not like you. I wouldn't hurt someone intentionally."

"Yes, you're perfect. I had somehow forgotten."

"Goodbye Kyzu." She was turning on her heel when she hear her think out, "Wait!"

"Yes?"

Kyzu clenched her fists and stood up tall.

"How do you propose we fix this?

Zyra laughed. "We?"

"Yes we."

Zyra rolled her eyes. "As much as I don't care whether I get your forgiveness or not, I could have sworn you commanded me not to help you."

"It's not the same. I was angry. I didn't mean...

"I know what you meant," Zyra interjected. "I know exactly what you meant. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go attend to my duties."

She heard a scuttling behind her that was probably Kyzu throwing a tantrum.

"Ugh...what about Nima!?"

"Don't worry," Zyra quipped. "I'll take care of her like I always have."

Then she left her to simmer in her destructive loathing thoughts. Somewhere out there, and it was smiling down on her.

Her grin was plastered on her face like a wood carving when she saw two dots in the distance. Narrowing her eyes she put a hand to her brow to shield her eyes from the rising sun.

"Do...do you see that?" she asked to no one in particular?

"See what?"

"You see something?"

"Where?"

She pointed to the forest. Surely Kail had not... Zyra's heart skipped a beat and she ran towards the forest with open arms.

It was then that she heard the call.

"ZYRA!"

It was Gharla and Enui. After all that time, they had finally come home. Gharla dropped her bags and ran towards her. They collided halfway, knocking the breath out of each other but too hysterical with happiness to care.

"Gharla! I was so worried," Zyra warbled, holding the golden haired maiden close to her.

"We were too."

Her voice was watery and she pulled slightly apart to look into Zyra's face. "My dear sister, is our Chieftess and heir?"

"Whole."

When she looked behind her she saw Enui smiling at her. She clasped to Enui who looked older, wiser for some reason. She dared not ask why, could only luxuriate in the splendor that filled her. Relief had never felt so sweet. At long last, their peril was over.

It took very little time for the entire village to learn that Gharla and Enui had returned. One minute Zyra was hugging them, the next she was recycled by dozens of hungry hands that sought to confirm the rumor with touch. Ordinarily Zyra would be irritated, but for once she felt all was right with her world. She could hear their plans of celebration, even as she retreated to Ginger's tent.

"Let us prepare a high place for you," Imjah said happily. "Our Chieftess will be most pleased to see you returned safely."

Zyra snickered. She couldn't recall Kyzu asking for them once. No matter, she had her own troubles to deal with. Sooner or later Kyzu would seek out the ogre, and his loyalty would be tested. __________________________________________________

Gharla's eyes watered as she took in the beautiful woman that had lead them through the valley safely. She felt as proud as a mother, as proud as a sister. Reuniting with dear Zyra was like finding a long lost part of her. Even with Vine still fresh in her mind, Zyra gave her comfort that this had been the right choice.

This was her home.

"How is..." her question was cut off when a group of her sisters managed to maneuver their arms and hands from underneath their grasp and pull Gharla away to the center. She frowned even as the kisses came and watched silently as Zyra smiled and walked away. It seemed rather odd, but perhaps her sisters were just excited to see her.

"Let us prepare a high place for you," Imjah said happily. "Our Chieftess will be most pleased to see you returned safely."

"Should not Zyra prepare our place?"

Her voice was garbled as flowers we tucked into her hair, her baggage was claimed, and she was escorted to the Chieftess' tent with songs and laughter. Slightly behind her Enui suffered the same fate.

"Chieftess!"

The entrance of the Chieftess' tent rattled until an elegant brown hand peeked out from the inside. She made a sweep of the tent tail, throwing it like an elegant cape as she stepped forward. Gharla watched as she eyed them at first with surprise, and then walked to them with her arms wide open. She smiled from ear to ear as she took the huntresses to her bosom with great joy.

"My Chieftess we have returned to you," Enui said, her voice thick with emotion.

The Chieftess did not respond, but she held them tighter, rubbing their backs with her palms. Then she broke the embrace, holding each of their hands.

"Is Nima well my Chieftess?"

They watched as she frowned but shook her head yes.

"Why..."

"Mommy can't speak."

The stared in shock as Nima ran up to them with a group of village girls.

"Nima..."Enui gasped. "You can..."

"Speak..." Gharla finished incredulously. "How can this be?"

"Zyra cured me," she said happily reaching out to hug each of them. They hugged her back kissing the cheek of the girl they had saved. Gharla raised the girl in her arms, holding her tightly.

"And you my Chieftess? How is it that your voice is lost?"

"We know not, sister."

Among the village girls, they noticed Henna among them. That too was a shock. Henna had been a young huntress.

"We know only that it comes from an...unnatural source."

Gharla placed Nima down and frowned.

"What is this source you speak of?"

Henna shut her mouth into a fine line and looked at the huntresses behind her. Gharla and Enui looked over their shoulder, but their people avoided their gaze.

"Enough of that now," Imjah said laughing breathlessly. "Let us prepare to celebrate your return." __________________________________________________