Old Score Chronicle Ch. 02

Story Info
Roka and Breecher's brotherly bond intensifies...
7.7k words
4.7
5k
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before you rate my story, I want you to take into consideration the vast amount of research that went into making such a science fantasy piece.

I've only proofread half of it so be warned, there are errors.

All characters are over one hundred years of age and mature at a different rate than humans.

In Chapter 3. I'll finally start taking these characters seriously.

*****

Three weeks of not being able to fly really took a toll on Roka. Every angel in the ship watched as Talla took the braces off the boy's wings. One bolt was untwisted at a time as the metal brackets eventually fell to the ground. Roka's wings were as good as new.

Everyone erupted into cheer at the sight. Roka turned and hugged Talla, thankful to be back to normal. Ohunna came to the fray, hugging them both.

"Glad you're back to normal kid!" He said warmly. Roka looked at him, pestered by his presence.

"I'm three hundred seventy eight years old. Stop calling me a fucking kid! I've been able to drink legally for the past twelve years!" Roka hissed.

"But you're so tiny and cute and shit!" Ohunna continued to tease.

"You know what..." Roka said, his fists balling him. Ohunna knew what was going to happen.

Roka lurched forward to grab the boy. Ohunna ducked, taking flight in the large bay with Roka right behind him. Easily Roka caught him and two wrestled playfully, crashing into the tarmac floor, exchanging light blows and kicks. Eventually, Roka ended up on top, wrestling Ohunna into submission.

"I win..." Roka said, slamming Ohunna's hand to the tarmac floor.

"I let you..." Ohunna smiled. Roka climbed off of him, extending out his hand to him. Ohunna happily took his hand and Roka pulled him off the floor.

"You two hit the tarmac hard!" Tangu said, looking from the catwalk above.

"Crash landings are our things!" Roka smiled.

Eventually, all one hundred thirteen of the crew members were crammed into the navigation room. Talla stood at the very front while Siron steered. At her side was quant little Roka.

"A lot of you Mongrels don't know what angels are. A lot of you angels don't know what Mongrels are. This is a few weeks behind schedule but, it's time to make it clear to you all who you're partnering with." Talla said.

Roka stepped forward, leaping onto the table. He spread his four wings, his nearly thirty feet of wings shimmering in the morning light.

"We angels are rather close relatives to you mongrels. Our ancestry tree diverged somewhere millions of years ago and somehow we ended up on two different planets but we're not at all as different as we seem. We both share the label of the 'fertility people'. You all have the ability to pretty much hybridize with any alien race and so do we... The difference is though, we have both male and female parts while you mongrels have separate genders. We too share the slow aging you Mongrels do and the incredibly fast healing rates. Metabolically we're nearly the same as well, having insatiable appetites and a desire to live high octane lives. The differences are what unite us though. We can fly, have nearly indestructible bodies and some angels have gifts. You mongrels have super strength, speed, and incredible intellect. All and all, we'd be an unstoppable force, even just the few of us. As was stated, some of us angels have abilities..." He paused unsure if he wanted to go that far, "To alter our bodies..."

Breecher looked on in shock.

"Breecher can crystallize and ionize his body at will, becoming a living missile if you will. He... He, is open about it, clearly proud of his abilities and well versed in using them. We've come to understand that he simply was born that way and to shun him over his power is immoral... I too, have powers," Roka continued as his body crystallized into shimmering living minerals growing nearly twice the size, "I've had to struggle with these abilities for hundreds of years, hiding them because I've killed...a lot of people I love because I couldn't control them. I can't become a living plasma weapon like Breecher, but I turn into a hulking monster on the battle field, a true last resort type of... type of thing... I don't know... I was and still am afraid of what might happen if I lose control. I just didn't think it was right of me, to be the biggest most dangerous threat on this ship and not have any of you informed. I am indeed a risk and I completely understand if any of you don't trust my capabilities."

Roka turned back to his angelic state, shrinking in size back to his seven and a half foot, one hundred ninety pound stature. The silence and shock filled stairs from all those around him was hard to stand before. Suddenly, cheers broke out as Roka was pulled offstage by his angelic brethren, accepting who he was without a second guess.

"I'm not finished!" Roka laughed as he fought his way back to the table, "Anyways, back to my point. Us Angels are gender indifferent, all look masculine but not all act as such. We are generally open an accepting of all who are open and accepting of us! So please my fellow Mongrels, we'll treat you like family if you treat us as such!"

The meeting was over. All left, some with mixed feelings over the point of the mission. A huge, black Mongrel stayed, eying Roka up and down as the others left. He was last to leave, making Roka feel unsettled. Roka climbed off the table and looked at Talla.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"That is Bonebroil..." Talla said. Roka's jaw fell, taken aback by the name.

"Bonebroil," He asked, "Like the fuck does he do?"

"Just steer clear of him and you'll be alright." Talla said, leaving too.

Roka went to the lounge, sitting on the floor beside the sectionals. As soon as he did, Tangu came swinging in, landing gracefully on the sofa.

"So, is that all I need to know about you Angels?" Tangu asked, jokingly.

"No...," Roka said climbing into the seat, "We don't have tongue's like you. We had radulae." Roka extended out a long fleshy lobe from his mouth that came down to his neck. Connected to it was a beaked tip which he snapped hard and loud. He then withdrew the lobe back into his mouth. "Our four wings are called mantles. Our tail is called a tentacle and bones are entirely made of hallow cartilage with titanium cross layering which makes us so...crash resistant."

"Why did you feel the need to explain about your angels' hyperferility?" Tangu laughed.

"Some of my mates have quite the feelings for your Mongrels and I just wanted to throw that out there." Roka responded.

"I want to get to know your people..." Tangu smiled.

"Well, do that then," Roka said, deep in thought, "Who is this... Bonebroil fellow?" Tangu's eyes lit up.

"He has a reputation..." Tangu said, "Seen it firsthand. He preys on the weak... He'd have his way with humans, Mongrels, Dyacine any race really. It'd be well advised to stay clear of him."

"So he's a um... rapist?" Roka laughed.

"It's no laughing matter, Roka. He may smash heads, battle hard and fight for us but...he's dangerous. That rapist, can fold up a Dyacinesian giant and... do I have to continue? He's not a good guy, Roka." Tangu said, his tone dwindling to a nervous whisper.

"You know that long pink beaked fleshy thing that just came out of my mouth? When I get really, really, really riled up, I use it to drain manna. I've reverted to vampirism for self defense and sheer hunger for a third of my life... I'm not worried. What really should be worrisome is that if he tries me and I am forced to retaliate, would I be able to regain self control..." Roka said. Tangu leaned in, his curiosity turning into concern.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I never had control over my vampirism, only able to suppress it. When I get in a bit of danger, it begs to come out and... I'm pretty much damn near unstoppable as soon as I go into that state. I'm a big risk... it's always at the back of my mind... What if something causes me to slip and I can't turn back? How many lives can I take in one go? I don't want to know..." Roka said, still haunted by his torturous past.

"Well, Roka... We all have something that is desperate to hold us back. We've both killed a lot of people. I wish I can take it all back but at the end of the day, it made me the glorious shipwreck I am today. I never would have guessed that your past had such a hold on you..." Tangu said, his insides feeling a warm whirring due to the direction of the conversation. The fact that he and Roka shared something so dark made him want to know Roka even more.

"To be honest, this hold is trying to tighten even more... Talking about something that dictated how I interacted with the people around me is so hard. You don't understand how hard it is to come the faces with something I viewed as my ultimate weakness...my internal enemy if you will? I don't know. I just felt like this shitty evil little thing." Roka sighed.

"I would give you this huge explanation on how this makes you greater but I have the sneaking suspicion you already know this and are just using me to rant. I never had anyone to rant to and hope that you can return the favor for me..." Tangu laughed.

"Sure..." Roka said with a sincere smile.

Listening in the door way was Madji, overwhelmed with the feeling of rejection, being unwanted by his own kind and tortured by the fact that Roka simply avoided him at all cost. No one talked to him, simply just looking at him as he'd move around the ship. The worst of it all was not the fact that Roka was now friends with Tangu. It was the fact that Roka kept a secret from him when he and Roka were supposed to have told each other everything. This secret dictated Roka's interaction with him. He managed to remain in control for dozens of years, and when things took a turn for the worst, took the brunt of brutality, criticism and the worst of ridicule. Madji was his worst ridiculer. Knowing how Roka fought with controlling his powers in a silent battle of will, that every day was an internal war for him yet he still had the strength to fight and continue on was overwhelming. He didn't understand how Roka was able to maintain control when he viciously attacked him that day. It must have meant Roka had really developed quite an attachment to him if he simply took the beating without retaliation in the slightest.

It made Madji realize he had messed up something great. The thoughts over Roka felt like too unbearable a load. He left from the door, walking down the hall. As he did, two big black arms snatched him and pulled him into tight quarters.

Tangu and Roka simply sat, resting near one another. Tangu reached for Roka's hand only to have Roka flick his away. He persisted with a boyish smile, making Roka laugh.

"What are you doing?" Roka asked.

"Those claws are something serious..." Tangu said, trying to cover the slight embarrassment.

"We both have claws." Roka laughed.

"I mean...mine are dull and stuff. Yours have sheaths and are so sharp." Tangu said, reaching for Roka's foot. Roka snatched his foot away, amused by Tangu's playfulness, "Let me see your talons!" Roka held up his right foot, twirling his four toes. His toes didn't have sheaths to protect his talons the way his fingers did. Tangu then held his foot next to Roka's to compare.

"If I had those I wouldn't know what to do with them." Tangu laughed.

"You can't run with them. They'd break and broken talons are some of the worst pain you can experience. Ironically, they are great for...never mind." Roka sighed as he lowered his foot.

"No tell me!" Tangu said as he dropped onto the floor next to Roka. Roka looked at Tangu, feeling strange jitters. He never had someone be so interested in him.

"Talons," Roka began, "They are good for fierce grappling. I just think it's funny that they can easily shatter while running but can be used to grip shit with extreme force and won't shatter."

"I don't think it's anything odd. My claws are designed like cleats but are terrible for grappling. Yours are designed for hooking into something and not letting go." Tangu said, still looking at his feet.

"Yeah, so," Roka said, "When are we going to partake in our first joint mission? I'm dying to flex my wings..."

"My parents have been very quiet lately, so I'm not sure. You know, you're kind of the man in charge... All the Angels come to you when there is an issue between others. Like...they just slapped the responsibility onto you without acknowledgment. Maybe it'd be wise to go to my parents to see precisely what needs to be done... In fact we should both go." Tangu said, getting to his feet. He extended out his hand to Roka. Roka grabbed it as Tangu hoisted him off the lounge floor.

They walked up the stairs into the navigation room. The room was empty except for the odd few Mongrel technicians sitting at monitors, doing extensive sweeping surveillance on just about any and every thing. Roka and Tangu looked at each other, surprised to see Siron not piloting. They went back down the stairs, into the longue, down another flight and into the upper cargo stretch where the makeshift bar was built. Only a handful of Mongrels were in there.

Continuing on, they went back to the hall, eventually walking out onto one of the catwalks above the main cargo bay. Many Angels hang upside down from the struts, their tails wrapped around the metallic frame. Their wings wrapped tightly around their body as they slept. Many other Mongrels were on the tarmac with electronic equipment, making modifications to the tank. Tangu turned around to view the other side of the bay section. Both Siron and Talla were riding the lift up to the region of the ship Roka and Tangu just left. The size of the ship was proving frustrating.

"UGH!!" Tangu growled as he went back into the hall. Roka was close behind as Tangu went up the stairs, past the upper cargo bay and lower dining hall, to the quarters and infirmary and upper dining hall. Tangu continued to go up the stairs, back to the longue and navigation room but Roka grabbed his arm.

Tangu turned back as Roka pointed to Talla entering the infirmary. The two boys ran down the hall after her entering the infirmary. Several angels and Mongrels surrounded someone who had been laid on a gurney.

"Move out of the way people!" Talla growled. People did as was told as the fierce woman stood at the bedside, "What happened?"

"He keeps saying he fell." Breecher said, not really sure what happened.

"It's clear he is Bonebroil's first angelic victim..." A Mongrel teased.

"Madji, what happened?" Talla asked.

"He just," Madji began, "Pulled me from the hall, threw me down onto a bed and... everything hurts!! Next thing I remember, I was stumbling in the hallway and toppled over because...it all hurts..." The boy was incredibly shaken by his ordeal.

"Oh you did fall..." Ohunna said, his indifference waning.

"Wait, so someone attacked you? Who?" Breecher asked, his concern turning into protectiveness.

"I don't know his name..." Madji said, crying, not able to rationalize, "Everything hurts, my head, back...it all hurts soo..."

"Everyone clear out," Talla demanded, "Except you two," pointing to Ohunna and Breecher.

The other angels and Mongrels left the room leaving Madji alone with Talla, Breecher and Ohunna.

"I couldn't fight him off..." Madji said, drawn to tears.

"What did he do to you?" Talla asked full of maternal concern.

"He pulled me out from the hall and tossed me onto the bed. I couldn't make sense of what was happening until he climbed on top of me and starting biting on me. I began to fight and scream but he then picked me up and slammed me to the headboard. The blow stunned me and I just sat there and took whatever would come next... It all was so fast but so painful. When it was over, I made it back to the hall. I kept falling because I can't walk." He explained. Everyone's jaw fell from shock.

"Your legs?" Talla asked. Madji shook his head, not wanting show where. Despite his pain and embarrassment, he slowly spread his legs He cringed, tears jutting down from his eyes, pointing to his cloaca. It had now become clear to them all. Madji was raped.

Talla stared off, deep in thought. Her expression seemed to display a mix of maternal concern with sheer discontent.

"Can you please just let me go? I don't want to be here..." Madji said, shame hitting him hard. Talla looked at him. She did not know how to approach this situation. She then looked to Ohunna and Breecher who both stood there, consumed with disbelief. All Talla could do was shake her head.

"I've learned my lesson OK? I'm not a liked person. I complain, gripe, have a sickening attitude and it's something... something that I don't want people to have to deal with anymore... Let me just do everyone this big favor and leave." Madji begged.

"It doesn't matter how nasty a person you are. No one deserves this... I'm going to figure out how to handle this situation..." Talla said as she began to check Madji's body for any bone fractures. Considering Bonebroiler's history, Madji most likely had a broken bone somewhere.

"So," Ohunna began, all eyes falling on him thinking he was about to utter the most insensitive words, "There is someone on this ship that feels he can simply have his way with any unsuspecting person? Who is this sleaze? Who's he going to go after next? If it's another Angel then there is going to be a serious problem..." His tone dwindled into a hiss.

"The last thing I want on this ship is any type of conflict between races over such a sensitive matter. And no Ohunna, the person responsible for this is no regular Mongrel. Let me handle this..." Talla advised. Despite her calm and nurturing tone, it was clear she was extremely angry.

"I wish you two would have abandoned me in the canyon..." Madji said drearily.

"We're sorry Madji," Breecher began, "But abandoning you in the canyon was simply not an option. You should feel glad we two were thoughtful enough to save your life. I can easily put my differences aside and stand and support you..."

"So can I..." Ohunna said, his arms folded, angry about this entire situation, "I just don't like how this Mongrel preyed on my people rather than one of his own? He went after what he think is weak... ruling upon Madji because Madji was relatively alone on this ship, with no support. That's simply disgusting..."

"Easy, Ohunna." Breecher advised.

"You're not the least bit riled?" Ohunna asked him.

"I am but there should be some discretion present before we go off on some tangent..." Breecher said wisely.

"This is precisely why I needed you two to stay. Who would you consider to be in charge?" Talla asked as she began to rub a soothing cream onto Madji's bruises.

Both Ohunna and Breecher looked at one another.

"I don't know... but lately any Angel with a question has been going to Roka... I would consider him though he will not accept the roll under any circumstance..." Breecher said.

"Well, he was the Angel with the big ideas, the big explanations and the big executions, only falling short a tiny fraction of the time... It was his idea to use you as a projectile for the tank since we had no ammunition. I guess the only thing he was wrong about when it came to leading us against Bhalil's forces were the Achions..." Ohunna said reflecting back.

"Yeah he's a rather brilliant tactician. The thing is, we can't let him know he's any type of leader or he'll bail out..." Breecher explained.

"Someone tell him I said hi." Madji said with a bittersweet smile, warranting a disenchanted reaction from Ohunna.

"Will do." Breecher responded.

"Bring him to me..." Talla asked. Madji's eyes lit up with a mix of excitement and fear...