Once in a Lifetime Ch. 02

Story Info
There ought to be a high price to pay for cheating.
2.9k words
3.33
114.2k
17

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/27/2022
Created 07/08/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Winterfrog
Winterfrog
1,376 Followers

Many thanks to Techsan for the editing of this story.

This story is a direct sequel of the previous "Once in a Lifetime" story, which you are recommended to read before reading this story.

*

Celebrating the Italian saint St. Lucia at December 13 is a special event in Scandinavia, with a nice, usually tall and blond girl chosen as Lucia in every town, every school and in many other places. There are many rumors about scared Nobel Prize winners who sometimes after an hard and late night have been awakened at their hotel rooms early in the morning by several singing girls in white nightgowns, one wearing a crown with burning candles on her head and the others holding a candle in their hand. At least one of the Prize Winners have admitted that he, for several seconds, believed he had been surrounded by angels in heaven.

Our daughter, Emelie, had been chosen to be Lucia in her school and all parents were invited to the traditional Lucia evening at the school. Chris and I went together and I noted that it surprised several parents there who didn't expect couples who had filed for divorce be there together.

A few days later Monica came with a real surprise. She suggested we have a dinner together at a small restaurant. I asked if her husband knew about her plans and when she said he did, I accepted. Chris noted that I was a bit more careful in my dressing than usual and asked with visible sadness in her eyes, "Do you have a date? Anybody I know?"

"No, not a date, not really. I'm going to see a very lovely woman for dinner but she is already married and she doesn't have any other intentions with me than counseling."

Monica was very sexy that evening and during the meal we had a pleasant chat about daily matters. But then when we had gotten coffee, she launched her rocket, "Ralf, do you regard me as sexy?"

"Yes, very. You are gorgeous, indeed."

"Would you get even with Chris and then go back to her if I slept with you tonight?"

It hit like a kick in my head and it took me several seconds before I could reply. "If you had asked me to sleep with you before I met Chris, I wouldn't have hesitated a nanosecond, but I regret to say that it is a different game today. Why destroy your own marriage to help Chris?"

"Because I have a "wildcard" for one cheating and believe me, it was my husband who gave it to me some years ago and suggested that I use it now because he wants me to help poor Chris."

"I'm surprised."

"That wildcard was his suggestion when he wanted me back after his cheating. I took it because it will put some pressure on him to be a good guy but I had forgotten it and had never had any plans or intentions to use it until he suggested that I use it with you because he feels sorry for you and Chris."

"Doesn't matter what he says but it would hurt him like hell. I'm happy for Chris that she has such great friends as you but, my dear Monica, I like you too much to cuckold your husband and make a mess of your marriage. He seems to be a good guy."

"I guess that my husband thinks the same about you. He prefers that I sleep with a good fellow like you instead of some unknown womanizer who could turn it into a longer lasting affair."

"Sorry to say 'No thanks' and I really hope that you never want or need to use your silly wildcard. Please give it back to him and I'm sure you'll not regret that."

"You men act strange sometimes. Of course there are no hard feelings and I hope we can remain friends on a family level when Chris and you have solved your problems. But please promise to keep my suggestion as our little secret."

"Of course."

We parted and promised to keep in touch when we had any news to tell.

With only two employees, the possibilities are a bit limited to have anything that looks like a party at the office, so Chris and I used to take out my employees and their spouses for dinner at some nice place. To my great pleasure Chris accepted my invitation to join me at the dinner on the last Friday evening before Christmas. Once again we forgot our marriage problems and acted like an average couple.

On Monday morning both of my employees attacked me. "Why in the hell are you playing your damn stupid game and using her when it suits your needs and why don't you take her back?"

When I didn't come back with any reply to their satisfaction, both of them joked about a strike at the office after the New Year if I continued with my, in their opinion, silly behavior. It is not easy to be a victim when an increasing number of people regarded me as the crook, including now even my employees.

However the Christmas went on as expected. We spent the eve as a family holiday and on Christmas day Chris took the kids with her to her parents while I paid a short visit to my folks, who were divorced and remarried a long time ago.

Chris and I had agreed to only buy one gift of limited value to each other but I gave the kids a fair amount of money for gifts to their mom and Chris had done the same. Once again we succeed in spending an event together without any quarrel.

On Boxing Day evening, Chris went out with her girl gang from work to celebrate something and the day after Monica rang me for a quick meeting after work. She had interesting news for me; Chris had told the girl gang that she had met a nice divorced man who had began courting her, but she had resisted his attempts so far and they had agreed to see each other as friends until her divorce was final, but if I ignored her on the New Year's Eve, she would begin dating him more seriously.

Monica told me that now it was up to me if I wanted to have the best wife I ever could get or let a fortune seeker get her. She said I ought to know that from now on it wasn't certain that she would make her choice and choose me without getting to know him better so she could do a fair comparison between us. She just might begin dating him seriously after our divorce was final and prefer him if she found him better than me. Obviously I had neglected her for too long a time. I promised Monica to tell her anything new about Chris and me.

My friend had arranged a great New Year party for eight couples. Chris was nicely dressed in a new short black dress I had never seen before, and her hairdresser had done a great job with her hair. She had a very sexy appeal without been sluttish in any way. She was great, indeed. I noted several times that she had some kind of "Mona Lisa" smile on her face when she looked at me. Just like she was thinking, "Now or never."

Of course, Monica's message to me could be an invention of the girl gang to help Chris get me back but I wasn't sure about that. I regarded the possibility that Monica had told me the truth as at least a fifty percent chance and if I wanted to do something to get even with Chris I had to believe what she had told me and do it here and now.

I was dancing with Chris most of the evening, even when the dance got interrupted for the count down to the New Year. We stood close to each other and as all other couples, even Chris and I kissed. She looked surprised at first but then she hugged me hard and we kissed more intensively than in many years. Of course I got a real hard on and when Chris felt it, she got that strange smile on her face again and whispered in my ear, "I think you need to end this evening with service from a real slut."

I regarded her joke as an invitation and replied, "Do you know some one you can suggest?"

"Yes."

"Do you think it is okay with her?"

"Yes."

"Any conditions?"

"Not from me."

"We can't leave before the nightcap, can we?"

"We? Why should I come with you to her? But you can't leave before the night cap."

I felt how I froze to a statue. Obviously I had completely misunderstood her. I believed that she had been joking about herself as a slut and now my head was a bit slow after all the drinks so I couldn't find anything to say in several seconds.

Then I looked her straight in her eyes and said, "Sorry for joking with you. I would never go to any slut because I'm married to the loveliest woman in the world and would never cheat on her. She is the only woman I ever want."

Now she got that Mona Lisa smile again and said, "So you would prefer to go home and make love to your abandoned wife instead of going to my young horny fellow worker who used to say she wants you any time you wish?"

I continued to look in her eyes and asked her, "Christine, can't we let this new year be a new start in our marriage?"

"No, Ralf, I regret to say that we need to have a serious talk before we can decide anything about the future. But tonight I want to be your slut and help you get rid of that problem in your pants. I'm sure that we can work out an acceptable solution at least to that."

We left the party when it closed about three o'clock in the morning. Back home we didn't waste any time but went straight to the master bedroom. Standing on the floor I took off her dress, bra and panties but let her keep her stockings and high heels. I hadn't seen her naked since I saw her in the doctor's bed and got horny as hell. She must have felt the same way since she undressed me in a few seconds. We didn't waste any time with foreplay but went straight to the bed where both of us had an intensive orgasm within less than a minute. After kissing for a few minutes, she sucked me hard so we could get involved in longer lasting lovemaking, which turned out to be the most intensive sex since the first time we did it after she had invited me for dinner in her small apartment. When even that had reached the climax, she began to cry and sobbed that she had missed me so much since we had sex more than six months ago.

The next morning Chris suggested that we take a walk after breakfast and I began to feel some fear about what she had to say during that walk.

While walking, I began to say that I loved her with all my heart and wanted to cancel the divorce.

She remained silent for a while before she replied, "I've been waiting almost six months to hear those words, but I've been thinking a lot about the future and regret to say I found out that it is not the very best solution, not at all."

"Didn't the last night mean anything to you?"

"Of course it did. Very much indeed."

"What is the best solution? Have you met somebody else?"

"Yes, I have met a man whom I want to know better. In fact he has invited me for dinner tonight. But I'm not sure about any solution and promise and swear that I'll remain faithful to you the remaining time of our marriage, that's for sure."

"So I'm out of the picture now?"

"I didn't say that, did I?"

"To be honest, I don't know anything any longer."

"Yesterday was a happy day for me, and I'm very glad that you didn't use our children against me in any way. I will always regret what I did to you at the north but we must go on with our lives and I will tell you what I want to do with my life when I know that myself."

There was no more talking about the future and I had no ideas about her plans. Chris left in a taxi about eight in the evening. I had promised Monica to tell her when something happened between Chris and me so I rang her and told her that we had been together again but Chris said "no, thanks" to my suggestion that we skip the divorce. Monica told me that she already knew that and told me the name of Chris' date. She suggested that I take it easy because I had done the only right thing I could do for the time being when I told Chris that I wanted us to continue our marriage.

Chris came home before eleven o'clock from her date and said yes when I asked her to move back to the master bedroom. I seduced her to a good fuck but she acted a bit strange so I didn't know if she pretended that she was fucking her date or she was sore from our intensive night before.

As soon as I got to my office the next morning, I began to find out information about a Thomas Berring and was thankful to Chris for she had chosen to date a guy with a rather unusual name. That made it much easier for me to find out information in different for public available databases.

He was divorced a year ago and had two children, owned a supermarket in a suburb, also owned an expensive house in a nice area, a summerhouse on an island, a two year old BMW 518 and an almost new Kawasaki motorcycle but his supermarket could only afford to give him a surprising low salary. He was in the Bailiff's register for not paying child support for his children children. The most interesting information came from the court where he was sentenced to two months for abusing his ex-wife. He was a member of the board in the oldest golf club in our area.

I had recently found a nice house for a fair price from one of the other board members at the club so I rang him about this Thomas. Obviously he didn't like him very much and called him a smarmy type who was clever enough not to have any affairs with club members' wives but, when some of the board members had lunch yesterday, Thomas had bragged that he had met a nice divorced nurse who would be the light of his life.

Once again, Chris had succeeded in finding a "wife boxer" and I'm sure that one of such kind, as her first husband was enough of that kind for her. However, this Thomas was obviously a very skilled womanizer and he would without doubt have a good chance to get Chris between the sheets in his nice house after our divorce, especially if she was a bit pissed at me for waiting so long time before forgiving her affair.

What could I do, tell her what I knew? I rang Monica and told her what I knew about Chris' friend, Thomas. We decided to take it easy for a while and see what happened.

Chris went out with some girlfriends on Saturday evening and to a hockey match on the next Wednesday with Thomas but was home early on both evenings and I didn't have any comments. She had her period and we had no sex.

Then she didn't have any more dates with him and, on the evening of the day our divorce was final, she had arranged for a girl to look after our kids and invited me out for the evening. Instead of a restaurant she took me to a popular singles bar with a fair dance band that evening. The bar was very crowded but she took me to a booth where Monica and her husband were sitting with a bottle of Champagne in an ice bucket and four glasses on the table.

As soon as we were seated, Chris looked me straight in my eyes and said, "Ralf, I love you with all my heart. Will you marry me?"

Once again I got over being speechless, I noted a fear in her eyes when it took several seconds before I could reply, "Yes Christine, I will."

Later at the evening when I danced with Monica she told me that it was one of their fellow workers living near Thomas who had told Chris why Thomas' ex had left him and that there were many rumors about him forcing employees into affairs with him. Chris had gotten pale and obviously had cold feet, skipping all further connections with him. Later on she had told them that I had been her first choice even if Thomas had been a better guy.

We married two weeks later in the city hall with our children, my best friend and his wife, Monica, and her husband as witness. We spent the honeymoon as a two weeklong family holiday in Thailand together with our children. Just married to the loveliest woman I ever met, I'm happy to know for sure that she will be a faithful loving wife.

Winterfrog
Winterfrog
1,376 Followers