One Night at the Jefferson Ch. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,934 Followers

"Want to ride by ourselves or share?" Lauren asked Roxanne.

"Lets share, I hate waiting in line," Roxanne replied. Lauren looked at her because her voice sounded different. Her face was relaxed and the pupils of her eyes were very dilated.

"Are you all right?" Lauren asked suddenly concerned.

"I had a headache and took my medicine," she said in a dreamy voice.

"Do we need to go back to the hotel?" Lauren asked. She knew that Roxanne suffered from migraine headaches from time to time. Roxanne looked at her and smiled, it was a soft smile with that same dreamlike quality.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I don't think it was a migraine, just a little headache. I just took the big pain killer so I could make it to the carriage ride with you," she said.

Lauren eyed her carefully, concern was written on her features. Roxanne smiled at her and nodded reassuringly. Lauren turned back as the carriage that would take them arrived. The footman opened the door for the departing customers then came around and opened the door for Lauren. He took her hand and helped her up into the carriage. Lauren quickly took the seat facing towards the back. Roxanne sat next to her.

The seats in the carriage were deep bench seats covered in maroon velvet. Lauren settled back sinking into the soft seat while Roxanne did the same in the opposite corner. An elderly couple joined them, taking the other bench seat. He was a slightly built, dapper man in his late seventies with white hair and a neatly groomed goatee. She was heavy set with a lively smile and a crown of silver hair. She had obviously been quite beautiful in her day.

"It looks as if we will be sharing a ride," the man said in a very cultured voice.

"Yes it does," Lauren replied pleasantly.

"I am Henry Rollins and this enchanting creature is my wife Hetta," he said extending his hand.

"Lauren and the quiet one over in the corner is my. friend Roxanne," she replied extending her hand.

The woman looked at her quizzically as she extended her hand. After the introductions everyone settled in. The carriage started forward with a jolt.

"Is this your first trip to New Orleans?" he asked.

"For me it is," Lauren said.

"We were married here back in 1944. I was home on leave and she came down to meet me from our hometown," he continued. He smiled and his eyes twinkled in the fading light as the two joined hands. Lauren thought it was so cute to see people still in love after so many years together.

"We met right over there," he said indicating a small park they were passing.

"Henry, I am sure the poor dears have something else in mind than listening to you prattle on about ancient history," Hetta said in a voice that was warm and kindly and only mildly chiding.

"Quite right my dove, quite right," he responded.

They were passing a light and Hetta caught Lauren's eye. She smiled and Lauren immediately felt like they were old friends. She winked and then settled back into the bench with her husband.

Once into the old quarter the lights came only intermittently. Lauren and Roxanne were surrounded by the quiet darkness. Only the clip-clop of the horse's hooves and the comforting squeaks of the carriage's springs broke the quiet of the night. Lauren started when she felt something touch her hand. She realized it was Roxanne's hand and immediately took it into her own. She looked into the darkened corner where her friend sat. The shadows grew less dark as her eyes adjusted and she could faintly make out the outline of her smaller friend.

She gently tugged on Roxanne's hand and the redhead yielded, moving over on the seat closer to her. They passed the old convent and soon the streets changed from pavement to stones. Far from taking away from the moment the rattle of the wheels seemed natural and even more romantic. Lauren could easily imagine herself the heroine in any of the many cheap romances she had read in her lifetime.

She felt Roxanne's head rest on her shoulder and she was sure her smaller friend's active imagination was casting her as the heroine in her own little novel. Lauren felt certain she was being cast as the hero. Lauren released Roxanne's hand and then wrapped her arm around her shoulder. Roxanne nestled into the crook of her arm. Her body was warm and soft and Lauren could smell the scent of her. It was like strawberries and cinnamon, wholly intoxicating.

Lauren was totally relaxed, totally at ease. As the tall walls of the old cathedral came into view Lauren became aware that Roxanne's breathing had become deeper. Lauren smiled when she realized that she had fallen asleep. The light of a passing streetlamp revealed the other couple for a few moments. Henry was nestled against his wife, his head resting on her breast, sound asleep. Hetta's eyes sparkled and she was staring at Lauren.

"How long have you been together?" the older woman asked softly as the velvety night blotted her from view again.

"We aren't really, we have known each other for a while but.. this is totally new," Lauren replied, her voice just above a whisper.

"She's very pretty," Hetta said.

"Yes, she is isn't she?" Lauren said quietly. The clip clop of the horse's hooves was the only sound for a while.

"Hold on to her," the older woman said breaking the long silence. This should have been surreal or at least embarrassing, but Lauren found her first impression holding. She felt like she was talking to an old friend.

"I don't know if I am ready for that, and I have no idea if she is," Lauren said. The older woman laughed quietly.

"Of course she is," she said when she mastered herself.

"May I ask why you say that?" Lauren countered. Again the gentle laughter that was in no way mocking but gentle sounded from the dark.

"One does not live to be as old as I am without learning to see the signs," she replied.

"What do you see?" Lauren asked. The carriage hit a bump and Roxanne was jostled, she murmured something unintelligible. Lauren tightened her grip comfortingly and Roxanne sighed softly.

"She looks at you with the same look my Henry has for me," she said.

The lights were getting more frequent and Lauren realized they were nearing the end of the trip.

"It isn't my place, but if you will listen I will give you some advice," the older woman offered.

"Please," Lauren replied.

"I have been married for fifty-seven years. In that time we have gone through fat times and lean, but I have never once regretted my decision when Henry asked me to marry him. Love like ours will sustain you through the years and bring more rewards than you can imagine. In my day a relationship such as yours would have been impossible. If you choose to pursue it I am sure you will face your share of hardships even in these enlightened times," she said pausing to catch her breath.

"She seems a quiet and reserved child, but you may well find that she has strength beyond imagining. Love as deep as the love I see in her eyes is not something you will find often in this life. Don't run away from it," she finished.

The carriage turned onto a well-lighted road and made it's way towards the loading point.

"You had better wake her before I wake him," she said quietly.

Lauren nodded and gently shook Roxanne. She murmured and nestled more tightly against Lauren. Lauren caught Roxanne's chin between her fingers and tilted her face up and then gently kissed her. Roxanne's eyes shot open for a confused second and then she just melted into Lauren's arms. When the kiss broke the carriage was rolling to a stop. Roxanne seemed to suddenly remember her surroundings and a blush rose to her cheeks.

She started to pull away but Lauren held her tightly and stared into her eyes. Roxanne's struggles ceased and she closed her eyes. Her lips parted slightly as Lauren's brushed them with her lips. The kiss was soft and lasted only a brief moment.

The coachman was just getting to the side of the carriage to open the door. Hetta gently shook her husband awake. He looked confused and it took a few gentle words from his wife before he seemed to realize where he was. The coachman took Lauren's hand and assisted her to the ground followed by Roxanne and Hetta and lastly the old gentleman.

He offered his arm to his wife and she took it and then he tipped his hat to Lauren and Roxanne.

"A pleasure meeting you ladies," he said.

"Likewise," Lauren said smiling.

Hetta looked at Roxanne, who was standing next to Lauren and then glanced meaningfully at Lauren. Her expression spoke volumes and Lauren felt a sudden warmth rise within her heart.

"Come along Henry," Hetta said as she led him away. Watching the two of them make their way, arm in arm down the sidewalk made Lauren feel happy inside.

She looked down at Roxanne and smiled. With a flourish and a giggle she offered her arm to her friend. Roxanne looked at her with a questioning stare, part fear and part happiness. Lauren nodded slightly to her, never taking her eyes from Roxanne's face.

Roxanne shyly took her arm and they started off towards their hotel. The walk there was strange for Lauren. The soft sounds of the night were pleasant and the few people the passed gave them no more than curious glances. Roxanne rested her head on Lauren's shoulder and her hips and legs brushed Lauren's with every step. The closeness was so nice, so comfortable, so.right. Lauren was almost sad to see the hotel.

By the time they reached the front door Lauren was almost guiding Roxanne. The painkillers were finally hitting her and she was almost out on her feet. In some ways it was easier because she looked like nothing so much as a little drunk. Lauren guided her to the elevators and with difficulty to the door to the room.

She managed to open the door to the room and get Roxanne in. Once the door was closed Lauren picked her up and carried her to the bed. She stared at Lauren with pupils the size of dinner plates. Lauren scolded at her.

"You took more than normal and then you lied to me about how bad it hurt didn't you?" she said.

"It was worth it, I had the most wonderful time," she murmured.

"You silly woman, I would give you a good spanking if I thought you would feel it," Lauren said. She was trying to hide her concern with suggestive comments.

"Promises, promises," she murmured sleepily. Lauren grabbed her shoulders and shook her hard.

"Wait until morning, I am going to show you," Lauren said earnestly.

Roxanne giggled and Lauren shook her head. She rolled her friend over and unzipped her dress. Roxanne managed to sit up and shrug out of it. She was wearing the purple corset underneath it. Lauren sat on the bed and unlaced it while Roxanne fumbled with her garters. Lauren noticed the marks the laces had left in the soft pale skin. She wondered what a good spanking would do to Roxanne's pale behind. It was at that moment that she made up her mind.

She tossed the beautiful corset on the floor and helped Roxanne out of her stockings. Roxanne was very clumsy and uncoordinated. Lauren pulled back the covers and tucked her in.

"Lauren, please don't leave me," Roxanne said in a little girl voice.

Lauren lay down next to her and held her.

"I'm here baby, go to sleep," she whispered.

Roxanne squirmed around until she was pressed against Lauren and fell asleep in seconds. Lauren lay there for a few minutes and then stealthfully got up. She retrieved the brochure she had taken from the folder on the desk earlier and quietly left the room. **************** Bourbon Street was hopping as Lauren made her way down the crowded streets. She was only partially aware of the crowds and noise. Her mind was on getting to her destination and getting back before Roxanne noticed she was missing. Each step carried her closer to something she was not sure she was ready to do. All of her anxieties and the powerful desires she had felt were concentrated in that one place. Without really being aware of it until she had her hand on the door she found herself there. She took a deep breath, steeled herself and walked in.

The shop was full of people trying on clothes and browsing. Lauren was not really aware of them as people; her eyes were glued to the doorway that lead to the other side of the shop. She paused just outside of it and realized her knees were shaking. Annoyed by her weakening resolve, she forced herself to pass through the doorway and into that other world.

This half of the shop held fewer customers than the other, but there were still more people here than the first time. Lauren walked around looking at the huge selection of leather restraints. She realized with a sinking feeling that she had no idea what most of them were intended to do. She suddenly decided this had been a bad idea. She had convinced herself to do this but standing there surrounded by all of the odd things the shop held her resolve was quickly deteriorating.

"May I help you?" a feminine voice with an exotic accent inquired.

Lauren spun on her heels to face the speaker. She was a short woman with her head almost shaven and rich cream colored skin that reminded Lauren of hot chocolate. She was slightly built, but well muscled and she seemed to exude an aura of confident power. On her left arm she had a tattoo that proclaimed One Bad Bitch in bold lettering, surrounded by thorn vines with a single rose from which a single drop of blood fell. She wore black leather pants, boots, and a white cotton halter-top. Lauren noticed an ID card pinned to her halter that identified her as Angela.

"I don't know," Lauren said. Her resolve to leave was still strong and she felt very vulnerable standing here. Angela laughed quietly and Lauren found herself smiling. The girl seemed to be able to put her at ease.

"You're new to the scene aren't you?" she asked in that softly accented voice.

"Yes," Lauren replied after a moment's hesitation.

"Relax, we were all new once. It's not as bad as you think. Why don't you come with me?" she said as she turned and threaded her way back to a door marked Employee's Only. She went in and motioned for Lauren to follow her. Still filled with trepidation, she walked into the room. Lauren had not been sure what to expect, she half feared a room set up for sex. Instead she found herself in a breakroom. There was a small battered table and a counter with a coffee pot and a small fridge.

"Have a seat and relax, how do you take your coffee?" Angela asked.

"Cream and sugar," Lauren replied automatically.

Angela made them both a cup and sat down opposite Lauren. She was so relaxed and at ease that Lauren felt herself relaxing. Angela seemed to realize how nervous she was and made small talk. She asked about Lauren's trip and her job and how long she had been in town and then suggested places of interest. She deliberately steered the conversation away from anything that had to do with the reason Lauren was here. Once Lauren was obviously less nervous Angela returned to the question at hand.

"First things first, are you a top, a bottom or do you switch?" Angela asked.

Lauren colored slightly and seemed confused. Angela seemed to grasp immediately what was happening and continued.

"A top is the dominant partner also called a Dom or domme depending on gender. A bottom is the submissive partner also called a sub regardless of gender. A switch can be dom or sub depending on partner," she explained.

"I don't know really. I can be the aggressor or submissive in bed so I guess I am a switch, but I have never done anything like this." Lauren replied.

"Tell me about your current partner then. I assume that he... or she is a large part of why you are here?" Angela said.

Lauren colored a bit and looked hard at the woman across the table. She debated what to say and what not to. Angela's frank and open gaze reassured her. Lauren had always been a good judge of character and she felt like Angela was sincerely interested and trying to help.

"My partner is a she. This is the first relationship like this for either of us. She has some experience with this aspect of a relationship but I don't know how much," Lauren said slowly.

"And she is?" Angela asked.

"She says she is a sub. I think she probably is," Lauren said thoughtfully.

"So you are here because you think she wants to bring this into your relationship?" Angela asked.

"No, I am here because I want to try it. I think she will enjoy it also, but over the time we have been together I have discovered I rather enjoy the feelings associated with being the.Dom," Lauren replied.

"Domme," Angela corrected.

"Domme," Lauren said with a smile.

"All right. What are you interested in with her? Is it just restraints? Or do you plan on inflicting pain? Humiliation? Is this just bedroom games or are you considering a life style change?" Angel asked. Lauren considered the questions carefully and then started to answer.

"No pain, I could never hurt her. She is very shy and while it's fun to embarrass her on occasion I wouldn't want to humiliate her. At this point I think it's just bedroom games. Neither of us is sure about the future of our relationship, it's too new,"

"All right, I think we can find the things your looking for. Lets go take a look around the shop," she replied with a smile.

Lauren followed her back into the shop. Angela took her over to a wall filled with restraints. Lauren recognized many as simple restraints cuffs, straps and shackles. Many were unrecognizable to her.

"Lets start simple, you are going to want to restrain her. The level of helplessness can be an integral part of your subs enjoyment depending on her. I think you should probably start simple," she said as she took down a set of leather cuffs joined by a short length of silver chain.

"Probably, I don't even know what a lot of this stuff does," Lauren replied taking the cuffs and examining them.

Angela laughed. "Some people are very much into the bondage aspect. To them total immobilization is vital. I find that a set of cuffs is usually sufficient to enforce the idea I am in charge," she said.

Lauren found herself staring curiously at an item. She could not figure out what it was for.

"What's this?" she finally asked.

"It's called a single glove," Angela said taking it down. "You place your hands in it wrist to wrist and then zip it up. Once the straps are tightened your arms are totally useless. It is one of the better forms of dynamic bondage because your sub can still walk or kneel. I don't like them because I prefer my sub to have the use of her hands most of the time," Angela replied. She put the single glove back on the rack and took down a type of belt. It looked to Lauren like the girdle belts women were often seen wearing in medieval paintings, except this on had metal "D" rings set into it.

"This is much better for mobile restraint. You can attach her cuffs to the rings and keep her arms immobilized but still allow her to use her fingers," Angel said with a smile.

They moved slowly around the store with Angela showing her how many of the items were meant to be used. One wall held whips, paddles, quirts and canes. Lauren studied them with interest.

"Do you plan on CP?" Angela asked. She was standing close and Lauren was aware of a mild tension developing.

"CP?" she asked distractedly.

"Corporeal punishment, or more commonly called spanking," Angel replied with a laugh.

"I think so, I promised her a good spanking," Lauren said with a smile.

"Get this one then," Angela said taking down a paddle and handing it to Lauren. It was black leather with a wooden handle, plain and unadorned. It seemed lass menacing than those with the spikes and studs. Lauren gave it an experimental swing or two and them smacked it against her palm. It stung.

"Why this one?" Lauren asked.

"It's simple and inexpensive for one thing, for another it is not made to leave marks, other than a well tanned behind," she amended.

Colleen Thomas
Colleen Thomas
3,934 Followers