Online Dating

Story Info
The pros and cons of technology based dating.
797 words
3.83
14k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

The age of technology is upon us. I'm not sure where I've been the last few years, but as I teach elementary school, I realize that I am behind the times when it comes to gadgets. I have a cell phone and laptop computer. That's about it and I like it that way. I don't need an MP3 player that can play thousands of songs. I don't need to watch videos while riding the bus. Today's youth however do need these gadgets and as long as they can use them properly, more power to them.

Adults also need this technology, but for more important things. It keeps us connected to our work an also makes our work more efficient. Adults do use technology for enjoyment and one of those enjoyments is our social life. Yes, adults can have social lives.

Online dating has become increasingly common these days. Dating websites are mainstream, it isn't uncommon to hear someone openly talk about their profile, and the people they are interested in meeting online. Online dating has been around for a while and as technology increases, so do the possibilities of meeting that special someone.

Online dating sites have increased exponentially. There is such a wide range of sites that no matter what your interest, you will find a site that caters to that. There are dating sites for people of a certain religion. There are also dating sites for those that are widowed or divorced. Of course, regional dating sites are most common in that at least you know that the people registered on the site live close to you so you don't fall head over heels in love with someone who is half way around the world.

Some sites are free while others cost money. The cost can be small or large, but when someone is interested in finding that someone special, money is no object. Free sites have less screening for the members, but the more expensive sites will require a questionnaire, or other background check to make sure you are who you say you are.

I believe that online dating is a great way to meet someone because the barriers that occur in real life are removed online. You can concentrate on getting to know someone on the inside, their morals, their beliefs, and their interests. You are not restricted based on what someone looks like. Of course, we don't want to date and potentially marry anyone who is not physically attractive, but at the same time society puts so much emphasis on physical beauty that the inner beauty is forgotten.

Of course, there are problems with online dating. Eventually, you do need to meet that person in real life and if either of you weren't completely truthful about your looks then you will be found out. It is discouraging talking to someone online and then finding out he or she is hiding behind a stack of lies. This happens in real life as well, but one problem that will never be completely fixed is the idea of anonymity. We can be as anonymous as we want online and this can hurt us when attempting to find the love of our life.

Before I got married, the age of the internet was just getting started. A friend of mine had met and dated a few people she met online. This was so rare that it was bizarre. Now, most of my friends have met and married people they met online, but my one friend seemed to be ahead of the game.

I always wondered how common it was to meet your life partner online. A video I watched a few days ago indicated that the number of couples who met online is close to 20%. I'm sure as our lives become busier and the convenience of the internet increases, so will this number.

Online dating is simply convenient and easy. We live such busy lives that purposely going to clubs, bars, laundry mats, or other places where singles congregate, are simply a waste of time. At your fingertips, you have a wealth of single men or women who are upfront on their likes, dislikes, and such. Now of course they might not necessarily tell the truth but that can happen in real life as well.

It is possible to find romance online. It has happened many times in the past to many individuals. These couples have gone on to get married, have children, and remain married. Is it because they dated online first? Is it because they were attracted to their partner's personality first? Either way, the technology of internet dating is upon us and if you are single, I think you should try it once. It won't hurt and it might even feel good.

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers