Opposites Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were going to talk this out, she said. They had too much to lose, she pleaded. So here Jake was, it was now 920, and he told that Christy woman that he would be back at 10 to be with Sophia. From this point it didn't look like he would make it back to the hospital at all. Suddenly Amanda said she was going to bed, and she didn't want him in it with her.

Jake stood, and went towards the bathroom to take a shower. "Don't worry, I won't be" he said before he closed the door.

When Jake walked into the hospital room the first thing he noticed was the distress on Sophia's face. Her face was bright red, eyes swimming with tears. She looked at him and brightened up a little, but not much.

"What's wrong?" he asked, walking swiftly to her side.

"I just hurt, that's all. It's not time for the pain medicine. I guess I'm being a big baby." Sophia told him, trying to smile.

"Well when is it time?"

"1030 I think. I'm not real sure. But they'll come when its time." Jake looked down at his watch. It was 1002. "I'll be right back." He said, and turned to walk out.

"Wait, don't bother them. I can wait." Sophia called after him.

"You don't have to wait, it's already 10. They can give it to you now. I'll take care of it, don't worry." Jake opened the door and walked to the nurses' station.

Sophia was embarrassed that her pain was so apparent. She wished she could hide it better. But she was so happy to see him again. That meant that he really was there earlier. He wasn't a dream anymore. The door opened again and Jake walked back in, going straight for the chair that was still near the bed.

"Ok, the nurse said she'll be here in 5 minutes. We'll give her 6, then I'm going back out there." Jake told her, sitting in the chair and touching her hand.

Sophia managed a smile, and that sight made Jakes heart jump. She's beautiful, even when she's bruised and battered and in pain, she's beautiful, Jake thought. Sophia looked at the gorgeous man that sat next to her in this hospital room and wondered what he was really about.

"Jake, I have to ask you something. Where is the blonde I saw you with in Macys? I know she's not happy with you being here right now."

"Aha, so you saw me too that day. Let's just say she doesn't expect me home right now, so you don't have anything to worry about. Besides, I think her status as girlfriend officially ended a few days ago." Jake responded.

Sophia blinked rapidly at the realization of what he just said. "We have a lot to talk about, Jake." Sophia told him.

"I know, all in due time. Right now just get better." He responded to her.

"How long are you staying?" she asked.

"As long as you want me to stay." He told her. Sophia started to say something else when the door opened abruptly and the nurse walked in with a syringe.

"In pain already Ms Caine? It's barely been 6 hours since you came out of surgery. I guess some people just have a low pain tolerance." the nurse quipped as she inserted the syringe into the IV in Sophia's arm.

"Actually I have a very high pain tolerance. But I tell you what. You go and break your leg in two places, and have pins put in it to fix it, and then come back and tell me how long it took after surgery before you started to feel pain again. Then maybe we can compare who has a higher pain tolerance. Ok?" Sophia answered her sharply, no longer looking like the damsel in distress, but more like a Spartan soldier.

The nurse just looked at Sophia wide-eyed, then looked over to Jake, who was smiling broadly. "Good night Ms Caine. Your next dose isn't due until 230 am." She said roughly, then turned and walked out before anything else could be said. Once the door was shut, Jake started giggling. Sophia looked at him and started giggling herself.

"Stop laughing, I'm supposed to be in pain, remember?" Sophia gasped between laughs.

"I'm sorry, but that was wonderful. You put her in her place with no room left for doubt. I loved it." Jake said, and grabbed Sophia's hand.

"What's going on here Jake? You have to admit, this is all very strange. I mean, look at me. I know I'm not your type. For God's sake, I'm fat. And black, just in case you didn't notice." Sophia said to Jake, looking him straight in the eye. "Not to mention I must look a mess. I haven't even been near a mirror. So what is really happening here?"

Jake looked at her, and understood her concerns. He had those same trepidations the first time he realized he wanted her. "You can't help who you fall in love with, you know." Jake said, then immediately covered his mouth, and looked at Sophia with wide eyes.

"Love? Like 'love at first sight'? Hmm." Sophia commented. She had to admit to herself, that in her dreams, she felt so connected to him, so in love with him, so loved by him. Maybe that was a manifestation of what she really felt. But right now her mind felt muddled.

"I know you're tired, so why don't you go home and get some sleep." Sophia told him.

"I want to be here in case you need me, or something. Please don't make me leave. Not yet." Jakes eyes pleaded with her.

"Ok. But I'm feeling very sleepy. I might not be good company." Sophia whispered to Jake, barely able to keep her eyes opened. "Go to sleep, don't worry about making conversation. And by the way, I think you're beautiful. That's what I see when I look at you." Jake responded, as he watched Sophia fall asleep fast, no doubt the effects from the pain medicine.

"Not to mention sexy, even lying there broken, you are so sexy. I can't believe I'm here with you. I hope I never have to leave." Jake whispered so quietly, he barely heard himself. He then propped his feet up on the table and laid his head back against the chair, closing his eyes and hoping to fall asleep for a few minutes.

12