Orphan Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
945 Followers

Brad watched as Willow walked away with Alexander. His father had told him the whole story. He was hopeful that his mother's belief that Alexander and Jenabel could be together was true. The last thing he wanted was for her to get hurt. Since it seemed Alexander was her mate then it was his duty to watch out for them both. As Willow and Alexander passed out of site he saw both his mother and father moving quickly toward their house.

Following their eyes he saw Jenabel. What he saw next had him moving toward her with purpose.

"Why Jenabel, so good to see you again."

Jenabel tensed at the man's easy words and familiar tone. Thomas Bouchard was not one of her favorite people. She had never been able to put words to why she didn't like him, only that there was something that always seemed disconcerting about him.

"Good afternoon Mr. Bouchard." She said, turning to face the man before adding. "And hello to you as well Jason." She was going to seriously consider causing her father some serious harm.

Jason Bouchard was much like his father only a younger version. Dark brown hair and eyes with a tall wide build, he thought far too much of himself. Raised by his father to be his heir apparent, Jason had a combination of ego and carelessness that she found barely tolerable.

Jason eyed her like he always did, with a slight smirk on his thin lips and a leer in his eye.

"It's good to see you Jenabel. It's been a long time, too long."

Thomas supported his son's response.

"You're so right Jason. It has been far too long since the two of you had a chance to catch up. Now seems as good a time as any, I'll just go off and find your folks Jenabel."

Thomas gave his son a barely noticeable nod before moving off down the steps to intercept the Benton's.

"Let's take a walk."

Jason's tone surprised Jenabel as she raised an eye to him. It sounded more like an order than a request. She was having none of it.

"I'm fine right here Jason, if you have something to say just say it." Her tone was harsh. This surprised Jason, they had known each other for years and he had never known her to be anything but cordial. He knew she didn't really like him but that had little to do with his family's goals. Her like or dislike was unimportant and unnecessary. He looked her over like a hungry animal perusing his next meal. Jenabel just shook her head, basically dismissing the egotistical ass while she resumed her vigil for Alexander's arrival.

"What happened here Willow?"

They had navigated almost the entire compound and Alexander was impressed. The design had subtle military cues that would be missed by most people. The central hub design, the small straight streets radiating off from the center. Ancillary buildings like garages and work sheds placed on the outer perimeter near the compound wall limiting the amount of cover anyone would have trying to get at the center. He doubted anyone else noted these things. They screamed at him and he found it more and more interesting that the Benton's maintained such a secure home base.

Alexander's question was about the house before them. Its roof was caved in, a giant swath of the house just gone.

"A tree fell during last night's storm, it took them all morning to get it cut up and hauled away. We thought we might have to cancel the party but it all turned out okay."

Alexander looked at the damage with a critical eye.

"Was there anyone in there when it happened?"

"Oh yes, that's the Halstons house, everyone was in bed asleep. The parents were pretty banged up but the kids were okay. It took awhile to find Amy but then you already..."

Alexander noted the pregnant pause as Willow, now for the third time, stopped herself in mid sentence.

"I already know...what Willow."

She could feel Brad trying to get into her head. It was all so stupid, first Brad chastised her at the glänta and then this morning Mr. Benton made it perfectly clear that NOTHING was to be said to Alexander that may expose them.

With a sigh she answered him.

"What I meant to say was that since the party still happened, you already knew that everything probably worked out alright."

He raised an eyebrow high as he regarded the girl.

'She is hiding something.' He thought but decided not to push.

"I'm glad they are alright. Last nights storm was pretty wicked, I'm not surprised a few trees were brought down."

Willow was glad he chose to move on.

"Come on Alexander wait till you see the boar they have on the spit, you must be hungry after all of that work you did this morning." Willow didn't even realize that she had said too much and kept on walking even as Alexander stopped in his tracks. While Willow's statement about how he spent his morning was puzzling, it was something else that grabbed his full attention, caused him to stop and his body to go rigid.

As they had passed beyond a house heading toward the center of the small compound the wind had hit him. On it was the heady scent of clove and spring rains...

Willow stopped when she discovered Alexander was no longer following her. Looking back she saw him standing with his eyes closed, chin slightly lifted into the cool spring breeze. She scented the air as well, a goofy grin crossing her lips as she shook her head and mentally rung her hands together.

'Oh boy, this ought to be good.' She thought as she waited for the fireworks to begin.

Jason didn't like how Jenabel dismissed him so easily. No one had dared do anything like that in years.

'Time to teach her just who she is dealing with.'

His thoughts were cruel as his hand reached out to grab her arm.

Away from the porch in the crowd, another Bouchard was pushing his luck.

"Thomas we can talk about this later. Please get out of my way."

Carl's patience with Thomas Bouchard was quickly running out. He had intercepted him as he was heading toward Jenabel. Now it seemed he was intent on keeping him away.

"Now just one minute Benton, we need to clarify a few things."

'Need to give Jason a chance to turn on the charm and let Jenabel know what's good for her.'

Thomas' thoughts mirrored those of his son. A marriage between Jason and Jenabel was just what his family needed to finally get what was coming to them.

"Ow, Jason, god damn it let me go."

Jenabel was surprised when Jason's hand coiled around her bicep and tightened down hard.

"I don't think so Jenabel, it's about time you learned your place. Our families have been linked for generations, now it's our turn." Jason's eyes burned with a feral glee that made Jenabel's blood run cold. She could feel his intentions through the touch and they sickened her. She tried to break free from his grip but found he was too strong. She was about to scream when, across the compound she caught a flash of electric blue and a blur of blond hair.

Alexander's eyes flew open as the nuance of the scent that he found so compelling changed. It took on an acrid dark tone that set his blood to boiling. He found her in an instant, took another to acknowledge the dead man holding her. And then his soul took control of his body as he blazed into motion.

The power which coursed through his body was ten fold what it had been before. He felt whole for the first time. The power that had come in brief flashes when he most needed it through his life flared brightly and became part of him down to his marrow. He was caught in a rushing flood of energy and emotion as his need to protect what was his infused him with feral might.

Those that lived in the compound tensed and hushed.

All of them knew that one of their kind, a stranger to them, now walked amongst them. None understood how that could be. The tension only mounted as this newcomer, infused with hungering wrath moved like lightening through them toward its goal.

Carl turned in time to watch Alexander sprint across the distance that separated him from Jenabel with unerring accuracy, processing what was happening in that instance.

"Willow was right." His words found his wife's ear, who had just then moved to his side.

She too followed the blond fury that was Alexander as he wove his way through the crowd toward his goal. Alexander's true essence slammed into Jenabel with the force of a raging tsunami. Her legs buckled as she was enveloped by the deep warm scent of amber warmed by a desert wind.

He was of them.

He was one of them.

He was Were.

In the next instant Jenabel was shielded from Jason behind a wall of hard flesh. She could feel the fury rolling off him as he stood between her and Jason. The hand that had a moment ago been wrapped around her arm now held high above their heads bent backwards at a ninety degree angle. She and everyone within twenty feet heard the sharp snap as the wrist bones broke.

"Touch her again...please."

Alexander's words hissed out of his mouth thick with derision and malice. His eyes were trained on the man before him. Jason cried out and took a step back as he cradled his now useless hand. The blond man in front of him was huge, nearly six foot six and broad across the chest. His blue eyes burned with lethal desire.

Jason was a strong beta, his father's number two. He knew a challenge when he saw it. Even with his broken wrist, he wouldn't let this nobody stand between himself and what he was due.

"I'll touch that bitc..."

Jason never got the chance to finish his statement. Alexander's hand flashed out in a blur, catching Jason by the throat. In the next instant Alexander lifted him off the ground and threw him ten feet away. Once again those close by heard a sickening crunch when Jason brutally landed on the pavement.

Alexander turned to Jenabel, moved close to her. She could feel the heat of his body as his breath heated the skin at her throat. His whisper was gentle, full of longing and need.

"Stay here...Jenabel"

Her name from his lips was soft and sensual. it stirred Jenabel to her core as she looked into his endlessly deep blue eyes for an instant, and then he was gone, leaping over the balcony railing to land standing over the still prone Jason.

His heavy motorcycle boot found a none to gentle resting place on Jason's throat.

"Touch her again."

"Speak to her again."

"Think of her again."

"And I will be the very last thing you see as death takes you."

None who heard the quiet, icy words that Alexander said had any doubt at all that it was one of the truest statements they had ever heard.

A stunned Carl Benton had watched the scene unfold, understood as the rest of them did that Alexander was one of them. In the passing of a heartbeat, when faced with his mate being in danger Alexander's wolf had come fully forward.

It happened with their children all the time. But never this late in life, always by puberty did the wolf assert itself. And the children were blessed with time and knowledge. They knew what they were, knew that within them lived something magical, something that made them different.

That it only manifested for Alexander now, this late in his life explained why the DNA tests came back negative. It was a recessive gene, never activated. He would need to call Dmitri; he needed to figure how this was possible.

The truth of it was incontrovertible. The speed, the power, the need to protect his mate. The none too subtle scent of him screamed Were. But a Were who was untrained? Didn't know what he was? Had never...changed?

Sophie had moved to Carl's side, she along with everyone else was speechless at the display of raw power she had just witnessed as Alexander and his wolf became one for the first time.

"Today is the new moon isn't it?"

It took a moment for Carl's question to break through the ongoing drama playing out before her.

"Yes, today's the new moon." She answered, wondering why this came up in this moment.

"He only has fourteen days Sophie. Fourteen days to come to grips with and accept what he is or the change will surely..."

Sophie finished her husband's sentence. Her voice catching with it, saying "...kill him."

*

Glänta: Swedish for Glade or Clearing

Edited By: Mikothebaby

Vjax
Vjax
945 Followers