Our Beginning Ch. 01

Story Info
Single dad and nanny grow closer.
1k words
3.75
36.7k
10
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SuAmor
SuAmor
3 Followers

I had been struggling with paying for school. Even with loans and other financial aid, I found it difficult to make ends meet. There was simply too much to do and I still had to find time for homework and classes. I was a full-time student working two jobs. It was too much. Two years of this and I was so tired.

I had made my decision. I was going to transfer back home and go to the local university. It pained me to even think about leaving my dream school but I didn't feel like I had another choice. I was drowning.

"You can't leave," said my professor when I told her about my plans. "You've worked so hard and

you're almost done," she added.

I explained my situation and told her that money was tight. Her expression turned serious and she told me that she might have a solution. She said someone she knew was looking for a nanny for a two year old. She said to call her that same afternoon.

It all happened too quickly. I called her and she was excited. She told me that she had talked to her colleague and I had the job. I was going to be a live-in nanny for her friend's son. She gave me the contact information and my new employer's name: Dr. L.

I made the call the next morning and discovered that my employer was Eric L., the newest addition to the biology department. He explained his busy schedule and said that he was willing to work around my class times. It worked out perfectly. I would stay home with the baby on the days he taught and go to class on his days off.

The pay was great and I would have a roof over my head as part of the deal. A few weeks later, I moved in and started working.

His little boy was simply adorable. He was the sweetest baby and always gave me a reason to smile. We all fell into a schedule. I watched Nicholas during the day and Dr. L would take over in the evenings so that I could study.

I lived in the garage which had been turned into a cozy studio. I had my own space to hang out, study, and cook. I even had my own entrance. The only time I was inside the main house was when Nicholas and I were alone. I usually retreated to the comfort of my room when he came home.

It seemed like the perfect arrangement until that one night. I had been out on a date, which was a luxury considering my class schedule, and my date was dropping me off. He walked me to my door and leaned in for a good-night kiss. It was sweet and gentle but I felt like something was missing.

I heard someone clear their throat and pulled away thus breaking the kiss.

It was him. It was Dr. L. His eyes were filled with something I couldn't quite decipher. But I suddenly felt exposed. My date looked confused. He said good-night to both of us and walked back to his car. I watched as he drove away and then turned to meet Dr. L's stare.

"Good-night, Margaret," he sternly said before walking into his house. He had only called me Margaret during those first few weeks, until I told him I preferred Maggie.

An hour later, I heard a knock at my door. When I opened the door I saw Dr. L standing there in the most casual of clothes. I was so used to seeing him in trousers and dress-shirts that his jeans and t-shirt looked so strange. He looked younger than his thirty-five years.

"Is Nicholas okay?" I asked. He never knocked on my door, unless Nicholas wasn't feeling well.

"No. I mean, yes, he's fine. Do you have a minute?" he asked.

"Sure," I replied.

He walked in and looked around, "I'm glad you've personalized this space," he said as he took in what I had added to the small studio.

"Thanks."

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I was putting out the trash when I saw you two pull up. It was rude and I shouldn't have interrupted you," he blurted.

"It's okay," I assured him.

"So, did you have a good time?" he asked.

"Dr. L., are you trying to intiate some 'girl talk'?" I smiled.

"No. I just wanted to know if you enjoyed your night off. I know you rarely go out and I hope you had fun," he chuckled.

There was something about the way he laughed that stirred something inside of me. I only ever heard him laugh when he was playing with his son but it was always so contagious.

"Maggie?" he whispered as he moved closer.

"Yes," murmured as I inhaled his scent.

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and his touch seared me.

"I'm glad you had a nice evening out. I'll let you rest, you'll need your energy to keep up with Nicholas tomorrow," he pointed out before opening the door to leave.

"Good-night, Dr. L,," I managed to say.

"What if you call me Eric when we're here? I'll be Dr. L on campus but just Eric when I'm home, what do you think?" he inquired.

"If that's what you want," I told him.

He gave me a smile a nod before closing the door behind him.

——-

That had been eight months ago and now I found myself waking up next to him. It was too much to comprehend.

Our relationship had changed dramatically since that night. We had been spending much more time together—for Nicholas' sake, I had made myself believe. We watched movies with him, played games, and put him to bed every night. It was all innocent...at least that's what I told myself.

But now here we were. His arm around me and

completely naked.

The memories of the night before hit me like a ton of bricks. How could I have been so careless? He was my boss. I had crossed a line and would probably be out of a job.

One night of passion and I had put everything in jeopardy.

SuAmor
SuAmor
3 Followers