Our Little Secret? Ch. 03

Story Info
Can Mark make a life without Jill?
3.7k words
3.63
48.6k
11

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 03/03/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
robinhod
robinhod
28 Followers

This follows Chapter 2 expanded. It doesn't work with the original Chapter 2 and is not a stand-alone. It makes no sense unless you've read both the original Our Little Secret by Tony Stark and my expanded Chapter 2. My thanks again to Tony Stark for the original inspiration.

*

More time had passed by, it was now half a year since Mark had watched Jill fucking Kyle and two months since he'd called at her room and seen Kyle. To all outward appearances he was now living his new life as a single man, but it wasn't a normal life to Mark. A normal young man would be socialising with his friends and work colleagues. He'd be chatting up girls, dating, seeking sex at every reasonable opportunity, having fun! Mark went through the motions; he went to work every day he could, as there was little point in taking days off to mooch about pointlessly. He still called in for a drink occasionally, but didn't feel any need to get drunk, and couldn't get into the boisterous 'boy' mode that his friends adopted so readily. The only fixed and in any way enjoyable activity left in his life was the Gym, which he attended most nights.

One evening he was seated on an exercise bicycle, peddling away with his usual full on intensity, when he became aware of a voice to his left. It was the voice of a young lady:

"Hi Mark can I use the next one and maybe chat whilst I pedal?"

Mark slowed down and turned his head to see an attractive girl, in the usual form fitting gym wear, climbing on to the next bike. "How do you know my name? Have we met?"

"Nothing easier than finding your name Mark, we all talk about you in the ladies locker room. By the way my name is Laura."

"Hi Laura, nice to meet you but I don't get it -- why talk about me? I just come here and do my thing."

"That's exactly why. Most of the unattached girls, and even some of the attached ones, have been giving you the eye for weeks now and you don't even notice. We've taken to watching you closely and we're pretty sure you're not gay, so you're a man of mystery. Add to this, your total fitness, good looks, and apparent availability, and it's little wonder we chat. I must be the cheekiest because I've taken up the challenge of trying to find out more. Have I offended you?"

"Not at all. I'm in shock though as it's been a long time since I've been chatted up by a pretty girl, it's quite flattering."

"Well how about we meet in the Juice Bar after our showers and we can chat some more."

"Whenever you like, I'm about done here."

"Great, 15 minutes then."

Mark showered and dressed, all the time deep in thought. He hadn't really thought about other girls. Was he ready to move on from Jill? There was obviously no future with Jill, but that didn't mean that the empty space in his life could be so easily filled. His life with her had been so complete. They had complemented each other so perfectly and been so much in love that he'd never imagined any other than a life together forever. The Fairy Tale romance! Happily ever after! Now all turned to dust in his mouth. He was not really in the frame of mind for Laura, but his natural courtesy decided that he must be as friendly and polite as possible whilst not being receptive to any dating offers, at least not just yet.

He was sitting at the bar nursing his juice when Laura bounced energetically into the room and walked towards him. Her similarity to Jill was striking. They were about the same age, about the same height and weight, obviously fit from regular workouts, and undeniably attractive. She was dressed in a casual tee shirt and a short skirt that hid her wonderful body hardly any better than did her Gym gear. Laura had lighter coloured hair than Jill's brunette, wore it shorter, and there were sufficient differences that they wouldn't be taken for sisters, but definitely from the same batch of American young ladies.

She smiled, "OK Mark, where do we begin Oh man of mystery! Are you from these parts?"

They talked for half an hour about work, other interests, local and current affairs, and everything except personal matters. All the time being conscious of the 'elephant in the room'. Eventually Laura bit on the bullet: "I think we've got all the rubbish out of the way now Mark and it's time to get in deeper. I'm married and divorced. Are you now, or have you ever been, married?"

He'd been expecting it, but that didn't help. The emotion flooded back and he was blinking his eyes to avoid tears.

"I suppose I am married, but we're not together any more."

Laura touched his arm with concern and said, "I can see this is upsetting you. Do you think talking about it might help? I'm a sympathetic listener and can take you back to my place where your emotions can flow in private. I promise to do nothing but make coffee and listen."

"I certainly can't stay here any longer without embarrassing both of us. Let's go." Relief flooded in. He'd been living in a pit of misery for so long, without any dulling of the pain and no sign of relief. Surely it must help to have a shoulder to cry on?

At Laura's flat they sat on the couch, sipping coffee and not touching.

"How long have you been apart?" asked Laura.

"Just over six months."

"And why"

"She fucked another guy."

"It happens. It doesn't have to be the end of the marriage. Unless she loves him and not you. Do you know if it was a one-off or has she moved on?"

"It was a one-off. Now there's more."

"Oh dear. Did you part because of the one-off?" Nod from Mark. "And now you think you might have driven her towards this other man?" Another nod. "Do you want her back?"

This was Mark's breaking point. He couldn't help himself, he just put his head in his hands and broke into a flood of tears. At some time he became aware that Laura had her arms around him and was holding him tightly. It felt good, both to cry and to be held. He could feel her firm breast pressing against his arm and, feeling a something on the inside of his thigh, he looked down to see that she had lifted one leg over his. Her beautifully rounded knee and part of her shapely thigh were visible even through his tears. Just for a moment he felt a twinge of desire, but Jill was now occupying the whole of his mind and it passed.

Eventually he recovered sufficiently to gently disengage from contact, get comfortable, and tell her the whole story from the Facebook to the secret shopping, the lying about 'reading a book' and not going to the reunion, the Las Vegas trip he cancelled, the spying from the closet, the parting, the meetings, the apparent start of possible reconciliation, and then seeing Kyle in her room.

When he'd finished there was a pause before Laura sighed "Wow, that's quite a story, it's little wonder you've withdrawn from the human race. I really hope that getting it off your chest like this will have helped. You can stay the night you know? You really are too emotional to drive just now. You can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch, I often do this anyway when I'm watching TV till late. I promise I won't come on to you, unless you want me to!"

"Best offer I've had in months" he smiled wanly "I'm totally whacked and I even think I might sleep the night through, that'll be a first for ages."

He did sleep. In the morning he felt better. He even wondered if he should have invited Laura into bed. That was another first, thinking about sex with another girl. It was only thinking though, he knew he had to get Jill, if not out of his memory at least a lot further back.

They sat over coffee. "Don't worry about locker room gossip" said Laura, "I'll just tell them you're damaged goods and I'm helping with a repair job. When you feel a need for some more repair, just let me know."

Mark went to work in a better frame of mind than for weeks. Meeting Laura at the Gym and training together became fairly regular. Not all the time of course because Mark was still attending almost every day and few have that degree of commitment. About once a week they went back to her place and chatted. It was getting easier all the time and what had once been total torture for Mark was becoming bearable. They didn't only talk about Jill of course. Laura told how she married very young. Nothing particularly went wrong, certainly no high drama to compare with Mark's, just a seemingly inevitable drifting apart as she and her husband matured in different ways. As he still lived locally they occasionally bumped into each other and there was nothing left, he was just someone she used to know. She'd had other relationships since, but none of them had ever appeared to be going anywhere serious. After a couple of months Mark realised he was always comfortable at her flat and began to totally look forward to their next meeting. Laura picked up on this of course and started sitting a little closer on the couch, not enough to worry him but establishing slight contact. She started wearing lower, shorter, or looser clothes and bending over and stretching for all sorts of reasons. Then, one evening, their heavy talking was finished and they were watching TV together. Laura took his coffee cup, put it on the floor well out of the way, leaned back into the couch and wriggled under his arm, pulling it over her shoulder. Mark didn't know whether he was surprised at this or whether it was just inevitable. It was certainly warm, comfortable and comforting. He pulled her closer and smiled down at her upturned face. A little kiss of appreciation seemed to be appropriate so he leaned down to touch his lips to her forehead. Laura turned her head back and stretched up to meet him so that their lips met.

The dam broke!

Their tongues met, first in his mouth and then in hers, as they breathed in unison. Sitting side by side wasn't comfortable any more so Mark pulled her over his lap until she lay across him. This opened her body for his hands to explore, which is just what they did, first around her waist then upwards to her breast where Laura's hand pressed it home. He thrilled to the soft but firm feel of female flesh, for the first time in those many months. Buttons were not much of a problem and her bra was front fastening. Her breasts were full and firm with perfect nipples standing proud and demanding to be caressed, kissed and sucked. He needed his mouth back from hers but was reluctant to stop the kissing. Eventually he prised himself loose and gave her breasts the attention they deserved and needed. Laura breathed, "Oh Mark, I've wanted you to do this for so long I don't want you to stop, but do you think we could break for long enough to get to my bed? Mark wasn't going to argue.

They climbed onto the bed as they were, Mark fully clothed and Laura dressed but with her blouse opened and her unfastened bra hanging loose. As they lost themselves in hot kissing, Mark gradually undid the rest of her blouse buttons and then the button and zip that held her skirt. She wriggled to help him pull the skirt down and raised her shoulders to allow the blouse and bra to be totally removed. Mark got up from the bed to remove his own clothes, sorry, there just isn't any sexy way to take off men's shoes, socks and trousers. Laura was naked before he'd lost his shoes. The one advantage of being upright was that he could enjoy a good lingering look at her wonderfully curvaceous reclining nakedness. The last time he'd seen a naked girl, it had been Jill, with Kyle. That memory was pushed to the back of his mind immediately as he gazed on the lovely sight stretched languidly on top of the bed. He knelt gently by her side and bent to kiss, first her lips, then down to her breasts, navel, the tops of her thighs, down to her knees, than back up to his main target. Laura helpfully widened her legs to allow full access as he licked and kissed all around her pussy before concentrating on her clitoris. She shuddered as his tongue continued it's soft caress. "Oh Mark," she breathed softly, "It's been so long." Her first climax came quickly. After that the night passed in a daze of almost continual sex interrupted by bouts of sleep. When either of them moved the other awoke, they moved together and started again. In the morning they should have been exhausted from all their nocturnal activity but, strangely felt refreshed.

Over coffee Laura said, "Last night was great and I don't know whether you or I needed it most, but it doesn't really change things does it? I know you still love Jill and I won't make demands or ask you to move in, but it's been very special for me and I'd like some more of it if that's OK? Who knows, we might get used to it."

"I feel as if I've joined the human race again and I'm so very grateful for all you've done for me. After all the help you gave me listening and offering sympathy and then last night..." "And again this morning" Laura interrupted with a smile... "Yes, the whole of it was the icing on my cake. No therapist could have dealt with my problem as you have. I can't ever repay you, but I'll certainly do my best."

"OK, that's settled then. Same time next week?"

They kept meeting at the Gym and at Laura's flat and occasionally going out on a date, for a meal or to a show. Their relationship had become very comfortable and the sex remained totally satisfying but commitment seemed to be, as yet, a step too far.

Then, on a Saturday morning again, came a telephone call. It was Jill.

"Mark, please don't hang up, please."

"Yes Jill."

"There's still some of my stuff at your place. I wonder if you'll let me collect it? If you don't want to see me I can let myself in whilst you're out." "That might be best." A time was agreed and Mark arranged to be away.

He put down the phone and realised he was trembling. 'Shit,' he thought, 'why does she still affect me like that? How much longer will this go on?'

Later that evening he returned home and it felt different. Jill was gone. He knew she'd been gone for months, but now she was really gone. There'd been little reminders of their shared life. Things he barely noticed but had been used to. Now they were all gone and the place seemed empty. This was not nice. At least though, he thought that now he knew how to cope with this feeling of loss.

After an evening of reading a bit, watching TV a bit, and fidgeting quite a lot, he prepared for bed. When he pulled back the covers he found an envelope inscribed 'PLEASE READ' It was a letter from Jill. He read:

'Mark, my darling Husband,

Although I miss you so much, I've kept away to allow you to get on with your life without having me bothering you. I'm resigned to having lost you though I'd come back in a minute if you'd let me. This letter isn't intended to rake over the coals, but I desperately need to set the record straight in regard to my life since you threw me away. Yes, I lied and cheated and you saw me. Yes, I know I threw away my chance of happiness and ruined a wonderful relationship.

BUT I ONLY DID IT ONCE.

You saw Kyle in my room that time and I couldn't blame you for assuming we were at it again. It was so apparently obvious that I couldn't see any point in even attempting to persuade you otherwise. I just let you walk away. I still don't know if that was the right thing to do, but the look on your face took away my life. I just couldn't fight such an impossible battle to get you back.

Just when we seemed to be getting better together as well.

Although it's too late now though, I want you to know the truth, and it really is the truth though I don't know how I can convince you.

About a month after you put me out, Kyle phoned. I'm sure that the purpose of the call was to set up some more sex, but as soon as he asked how I was, I just burst into tears. As the realisation dawned that I was in a serious state, he became full of genuine concern. He insisted he visit me so that I could have a good cry and talk about it. After all, he is the only person, other than you, who knows my story and can listen to me confide my feelings without being judgmental. I was very doubtful, but he convinced me and was as good as his word. He did visit, he did behave with care and courtesy, and talking about my relationship with you, and what it meant to me, really helped me. During the visit there was no physical contact whatsoever, not even a peck on the cheek as he left. He really is an OK guy you know (though I expect you'll take some convincing).

When you knocked at my door and saw him, that was his second visit.

I've also seen him once more since then. I had to Mark, it's my only therapy, no way can I afford professional help! But I can promise you that again we just talked. I haven't been with any man since the night of the reunion, and it just devastates me that the last man to have used my body was not my beloved husband.

I hope you have read this far. Writing it has helped me a bit.

I love you

Jill xxxxx

Mark read the letter several times. Could he believe her? She certainly didn't hesitate to lie when she was setting up her meeting with Kyle for the reunion. It had a ring of truth about it though, or was he persuaded because he wanted it to be true? Did it really change anything? Should he discuss it with Laura? He decided to sleep on it. In fact he slept on it a lot of times and reread it often during the next weeks.

The weeks became months and he hadn't told Laura. During this time their relationship had become more than comfortable. Mark didn't date anyone else and he was pretty sure that neither did Laura. Nevertheless, they didn't discuss any future together as both were aware that they just weren't moving towards commitment.

One evening their date was to be a dinner at one of the better restaurants in the area. As they took their seats they saw a table of four girls already seated. Nothing special about them, they were all about the same age as Laura, were chatting animatedly amongst themselves, didn't appear to be drunk, or to be waiting for men. Just slightly unusual enough to be noticed.

During the meal Laura kept noticing that Mark's attention was not wholly with her. "Mark", she said, "did you ever hear the story about ten reasons why a dog is better company than a woman?" "No, can't say I have, why?" Well, one of the reasons is that 'a dog doesn't mind you looking at another dog'*. You've been eyeing up those four girls ever since we sat down."

"Sorry Laura, it's just that the blonde one with her back to me has little mannerisms that just entertain me for some reason. I'll behave from now."

After their main course, Mark had to excuse himself to visit the bathroom. As he arrived back in the restaurant the four girls were rising to leave and he found himself face to face with the blonde.

"Mark" said the blonde.

"Jill?" said Mark, "You've changed your hair."

"Well 'blondes have more fun' and I haven't had any fun this last year."

"Has it really been a year?"

"It really has."

"You're looking good."

"You look gorgeous. Who's your friend then?" Mark had forgotten about Laura. He turned and saw her putting on her coat. She walked towards them and as she approached she quietly said, "It's Jill isn't it." It was a statement not a question. Jill replied, "Yes, I'm Jill."

Laura continued towards the exit, turning just before the door to say, "Look after him this time." She blew a kiss towards Mark and left.

Mark looked back at Jill, then down, and realised that they were holding hands. He couldn't remember how or when, but he knew he wouldn't be letting go any time soon.

END

I was determined to get them back together but had a bit of a struggle working out how to do it. I hope you think it worthwhile. If you think the cheating bitch should burn, remember it's just a story, they are not real people. Mind you, even if it were real there is such a thing as forgiveness and 'Love Conquers All'.

robinhod
robinhod
28 Followers
12