Paddo Revisited Ch. 01

Story Info
Garth looked out on the car park.
7.3k words
4.25
18k
2
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rolph35
Rolph35
4 Followers

Garth looked out on the car park and recognised her the moment she stepped out of the SUV's passenger door.

She'd lost a lot of weight and was bordering on skinny. And her hair was different.

The short golden curls showed only the slightest wisps of grey.

The shy smile was still the same.

She was about 10 years older than Garth, if he remembered correctly.

He did a quick calculation. That made her now, what, in her late 30s early 40's?

She and the driver, a young woman with shoulder length straight black hair, were similarly dressed. Both had on bright summer frocks and flatties.

They moved past where he sat, with his coffee, out front of the sidewalk café, and swept into the Shopping Centre, sharing a joke and smiling.

What was she doing over this part of town? Maybe she'd left that old house and moved down here to the beach.

It must be 5 or even 6 years now.

Garth and his wife had rented rooms from her. She had a rambling old house in Paddington, on a steep hill; more like a cliff.

The wooden stairs climbed forever before you reached the front door. Garth remembered how he was going to wipe it off the list as too far up to carry even their meagre furniture.

But he and Louise were desperate for somewhere inexpensive to live, in those early days. And once Lou saw the cosy rooms, she was sold.

Veronica. That was her name. Yep. She had two kids, one a boy about 20 and a girl around 15 or 16. The boy had blond curly hair like his mother and the girl's was slightly darker like her father.

He and Lou were there for 6 months until he scored the Electronics job and could afford their own apartment.

They had left Paddington in less than happy circumstances when Veronica's husband wanted to keep the key money (probably already spent it and didn't have it to give back.) because he said Lou left the place dirty.

Anyone who knew Lou knew she prided herself in her cleanliness. So it was more than the just losing money, it was an affront to Louise and she wouldn't back down.

In the end, she got half their money back and an apology from the "old bastard" as she called him.

Garth let out a sigh and finished the Cappuccino. Lou had been gone four years now.

They'd built an IT business together which took him away from Louise for weeks on end, and at one stage, three long months.

The money started to pour in and they had more of the stuff than they knew what to do with. But Garth's extensive absences from their home caused Louise to feel very lonely. She met Henry who gave her the companionship sorely missing in her life. Henry worshiped the ground Lou walked on, and in the end, she and Garth sold the business for an obscene amount of money to a big corporation with their own web presence, divided up their new found wealth and went their separate ways.

Although it hurt bitterly at the time, Garth knew that Louise was much more happier and fulfilled with someone who was home more often and truly loves her.

She and Henry started their own Real Estate business. They worked together and were seldom out of each other's sight these days.

It affected him badly in the first few months after Lou had left, but Garth had come to realise that he was a loner. He loved the traveling; or even now, sitting quietly by himself enjoying his cappuccino and his short break between consulting assignments. And that was no life for a loving young wife left standing at the Terminal gate crying and waving good-bye more times than he cared to remember.

He stood up, put his chair back and headed inside the shopping centre.

He only had to buy a few things from the supermarket and take them back to the boarding house.

Because he was on his own and because he was never in town for long, the boarding house was perfect. The dear old lady who owned it had found it too much after forty years of hard work and was trying to sell it. Garth loved it so much, peacefully overlooking the golden beaches and the blue-green bay, he bought it and had it renovated. As part of the deal, the old lady retained the small section she had occupied, for forty years, free for the rest of her life. It was her home; Garth could relate to that.

Lately, though, she'd spent most of her time going on cruises and seeing the world that she'd only dreamed about for forty years. Garth could relate to that too.

Lou and Henry would love to get such a prime site and redevelop it but so far Garth had resisted. He'd love to get the place started again as a vibrant seaside holiday destination, but for that, he'd need to get someone who knew about running such a place. Someone he could trust. He knew nothing about running a boarding house. Nor did he have the time. It would be nice though, thought Garth to see the place come alive again.

He stopped by the Tandy window and looked at some of the electrical gadgetry. He was still a boy at heart, he knew. Anyway it was part of his job to keep up with the latest goodies, wasn't it? He reasoned.

His eye caught the flash of the golden hair in a nearby Jewellery shop. There they were again, sitting at a little felt covered table, checking out watches and rings.

They must have come up in the world. First, living over here wasn't cheap and those rings were worth a small fortune. Just look at the size.

While Veronica continued to admire the rings on the black felt display tray, the young lady stood up and asked the clerk something and he led her to another counter. She was smiling at him and bent over the counter pointing at another gold watch.

Garth thought her breasts were going to fall out of her low cut top as she leaned over the counter to look closely at the gold watch in the young man's hands.

Hang on; what was that? Garth couldn't believe what he was seeing. While the man was otherwise engaged with the pretty young lady up one end of the counter, Veronica slowly took some rings from her pocket and in swift and fluid movements, swapped them over for the first row of rings on the display tray, still in front of her; then she pocketed the new rings.

Garth's mouth fell open and he had to rerun it in his mind, it was so quick.

The young woman questioned the clerk a little longer, then walked back to Veronica. The two of them talked with the young clerk for a while as he locked the ring tray away. They shook his hand and left.

"Dammm," said Garth under his breath, as he watched the women move briskly out of the shopping centre.

He followed them at a distance.

Maybe they had outside help. Maybe he could identify them all and call the police. He wished he had his camera.

But instead they walked alone, firstly behind a few cars and then straight to their 4-wheel drive. Garth took note of the number plate.

When he came up beside the window, they were laughing and he heard the young one say as she started the motor... "This will pay for your holiday to Fiji Mum."

Garth opened the back door and jumped in. Both women swung round and stared back at him in shock. The young one recovered first; was about to say something, when Garth interrupted, "It's not the Police ...yet," he growled.

"But it soon will be. I have photos of you stealing that jewellery just now. "

The young one tried to tough it out. "We didn't take any jewellery. I don't know what you're talking about. Get out of my car or I'll get the police."

"Yeah, do that," said Garth.

Veronica was shaking and when she looked up, her eyes widened; "Garth? It's you?"

"Hello Veronica:"

"Is, is this a joke?" If it is, it's a poor one. You frightened me half to death."

"No joke Veronica, I saw you take the jewellery."

"Yeah, where's your camera?" said the younger woman.

"In my car under the seat; safe," Garth said to her, turning back to Veronica.

"The two of you will go to jail for 15 years for this."

Garth waited while that sank in. Suddenly, the young one was opening her mouth to say something again. Garth put on his deep voice ...

"Come on, get out of the car, lets go and give yourselves up."

The two women sat there for a moment, then the driver started crying. Veronica went stiff and said, "I knew this wouldn't work Marie. We have always been an honest family; I should never have let you do it. "

"I'm sorry mum, since dad died... your life has been so hard for you, I just thought if you could have a vacation just once in your life..." she trailed off in tears.

Veronica looked at her daughter and the tears came to her eyes also.

Hmmm, thought Garth, a couple of amateurs. It was doubtful that they had accomplices. How silly can you get; or desperate.

Garth scanned the car park. There might be people coming for these women already, he thought, while they sat here, talking in the car. If that were the case, he'd be implicated with them and he'd have to do a lot of explaining down at the Police Station. But he wasn't getting out of the car and let them leave alone.

"Start the car. Go out that far exit," he pointed, "down the other end."

"I need to think about this."

Marie blew her nose then started driving out.

When they'd reached the highway, Garth said, "Where do you live?"

Neither of the women answered. "Come on Veronica, you're going to jail anyway, I just want to get off the road before we get pulled over."

"Same place."

"Sorry?"

"We live at the same place, Paddington," said Marie.

A long way from home, thought Garth. Still, it made sense not to rob the LOCAL jewelers.

"Ok, well don't drive too quickly," he said.

Everyone was silent for the rest of the two-hour trip. Each constantly checking for any signs of pursuit. There were none and finally they pulled into the driveway. Veronica jumped out to open the old garage doors.

They entered the house the back way, still very silent.

Once inside, there was an air of relief. Which disappeared when they remembered their predicament.

"Give me the rings Veronica," said Garth.

Without hesitation, Veronica dug deeply into her pocket and produced the little bag containing the rings; and a watch.

Garth whistled, "gees you're quick; a WATCH? How'd you do that, no never mind? Is that the lot?"

"Yes."

"What now Garth?" said Marie.

"You've grown." Garth said. "What are you now,19?"

"Twenty-two last March," she snapped; clearly agitated at Garth's diversion from her question. "Since dad's gone, mum's at a total loss. We only have each other."

Marie look anxiously towards her mother curled up in the chair, then she turned back to Garth.

"It was all my idea. Mum just did as I told her; you can't blame her, its me you want; so Garth, what now?"

"How were you going to fence the jewellery?"

"Pardon?"

"I said, how were you going to ummm sell the jewellery Marie?"

"I have a fencer," Marie snapped back. Garth suppressed a smile as he remembered how Marie was very quick on the uptake, even as a teenager.

" Well, Marie, where does this fencer live?"

"I am not a liberty to divulge that information, I'm afraid. He'd have me ...done over"

"Right," said Garth realising for the first time his initial suspicions. These two were rank amateurs. It is a wonder they made it out of the jeweler's front door.

"Marie doesn't have a... whatsy, fencer?" Veronica put in. "She only knows someone who sold her a bit of marijuana when she was at school. The idea was to give the rings to him and see what he could get us for them." Veronica lowered her head again and said no more.

"Let me get this straight," Garth said, as evenly as he could. "You were going to give them to a kid you knew from school, who used to sell you drugs..."

"Only once," Marie popped in. "I only ever bought it once. Never again. I got so sick, mum had to take me to the Doctor..."

"But I still know him," she added quickly. "I talked to him one day about how my job wasn't covering our costs of living.

He took me over to the Beach where we were today and showed me the rings. Then told me if I got at least five, he'd see if he could get a thousand dollars for us; for them."

Garth continued, "Ok. Miss Professional Jewell Thief. Your career is over"

Gees, thought Garth, they'd see about $40 (if that) once the little scroat got hold of the rings.

"Please can we leave mum out of this; 15 years will kill her..."

"And how do you propose to leave Mum out of this, you did it together."

Silence.

"Well, come on then, I'm all ears," said Garth.

"I am more guilty than Marie and I am the one who must pay," whispered Veronica, from her chair. "She's still a child and always has fanciful ways of getting us some money to live on. She's a hard worker and it was breaking my heart to see her work all hours for low pay, never being able to afford even bare luxuries for herself. If only I could get some work to help her, but they don't want mature workers with no experience, it seems."

A look of frustration and despair came across her. I can't even get a boarder anymore. The house is too run down and no one wants to stay here."

Veronica looked back at her daughter; I've let her down, as a mother. It's me who's guilty. I should have said, no to this stupid and dangerous adventure; but I didn't." Veronica's voice trailed off and she sat back, the tears she fought sliding down her cheeks.

Garth felt an unwanted tug at his conscience and found himself formulating a different plan. Maybe, if handled properly, everyone could win; maybe not; time would tell.

"Ok, I've heard enough," said Garth. "All settled; I have a plan. Can you go and make us a cup of tea, Veronica? Marie and I are going to have a heart to heart talk."

They waited till Veronica went through to the kitchen in the other section, then Garth said, "Ok. Mum's gone. I'll get right to the point Marie. You need to do something very drastic to save your mother from prison. How far are you willing to go? "

"What do you mean?" Marie looked quizzically.

"Simple. What would you do to save your Mother from rotting in prison?"

"Anything!" "Is there something we can do?" she said hopefully.

"Maybe. We'll wait for Veronica to come back and we'll discuss it then," said Garth.

"Tell me now. Before mum comes back; I don't want her involved in it any more. I've made a huge mistake"

"Ok" said Garth "but you're not going to like it."

"Try me."

Garth thought a moment. "Right, well, do you have a boyfriend?"

Yes, we're getting married ... well, we WERE getting married next April. Why?"

"Are you a virgin?" asked Garth.

Silence.

"Are you a virgin Marie?"

"What the hell kind of question is that?"

"Maybe we better wait till mum comes back"

Marie's eyes narrowed. "No, we'll talk about it now."

Her mother returned with the tea and sat it on the table.

"Mum," said Marie, "he wants to know if I am a virgin." She looked at Garth accusingly.

Veronica sat down and went red in the face.

"Surely not, Garth. Tell me this isn't what you have in mind," she said steadily.

"What is going on?" demanded Marie. Looking from one to the other "What am I missing here?"

"My own daughter Garth," said Marie, "I would die for my own daughter. I would kill for my own daughter. You understand that don't you?"

Garth knew that she would.

"Ok" he said to Veronica. "Then it is just me and you Veronica. You're about to get the chance to save her, both from prison and from me."

"Whhoooaa.. What is going on here?" demanded Marie. "Leave mum out of this. Deal with me."

They both ignored her, their eyes locked on to each other. Assessing the situation silently.

Veronica spoke first. "There has to be another way Garth. Please. I have been thinking... I'll sell the house, give the money to you... And in return, you let Marie go. I don't care about me. Please Garth. Consider it."

Marie was still talking loudly; neither Veronica nor Garth was taking notice of her.

"How much is the house worth?" asked Garth.

"Nearly half a million," Veronica replied instantly. She'd done her homework.

Garth sat and thought. The only noise was Marie, questioning what was happening.

Veronica said, "Those are our entire assets, except for the car and 2 thousand dollars I have saved. You're welcome to that too. Please Garth. Let her go."

Garth answered quickly. He saw the pain in Veronica's eyes and he didn't want to prolong it any longer than it was necessary.

"Ok Veronica. The car is worth a couple of thousand and you have a couple of thousand, yes? "

"Yes."

"So, think of it this way " said Garth. Here are the two choices as I see them.

I can have half a million dollars, or I can fuck you a couple of times."

Marie's eyes showed sudden recognition and she flew for Garth. "Don't talk to mother like that; you Bastard," and punched him as hard as she could in the shoulder.

Garth hardly noticed and continued, "I'd say Veronica that a few hours with you is worth more than even Helen of Troy. That makes you a very very special person, don't you think?"

Veronica looked steadily into Garth's eyes, and he saw a brief flicker as she digested what he had said; then she whispered more than spoke, "sex is not an option. Do we have a deal about the house?"

Garth shook his head. "Money from you, no matter how much, is not an option with me, Veronica. So we're at an impasse. "

"Offer me 20 times that and you'll get the same answer. He said. "No Deal."

Garth waited for that to sink in.

"So. Get up and show me where your bedroom is Veronica. I was never in this section." he said, finally.

As if on queue, they both looked in Marie's direction She wasn't making any sounds. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was half open. She stared at Garth with incredulity.

Garth spoke to her. "I apologise for asking you if you were a virgin. The best thing you can do right now, Marie, is go for a ride in the car and stay away for a couple of hours. By the time you come home. It will all be sorted and neither one of you will need to worry about me turning you in... " He paused then asked her pointedly, "Ok Marie?"

He turned to Veronica and put out his big hand, "no time like the present, come on"

She took his hand and he gently pulled her up from the chair She hesitated then silently walked down the hall towards her bedroom.

Marie found her voice and screamed. "Leave mum alone. Its me you really want. I did it. I pay for it " and she shot past Garth and grabbed her mother's arm.

"Mum, wait, I need to talk to Garth alone. Please. I won't be long. Then she whispered, go in your room and lock the door. Don't come out till I tell you. I'll sort this out."

Veronica held Marie's arm and said firmly " Get the heck out of here, NOW, before he changes his mind and also takes YOU." We can't stop him or we end up in prison. BOTH of us."

Marie wasn't listening; she turned on Garth and pushed him in the chest.

"YOU," she said. "You come with me," and practically dragged Garth back down the hall and into her bedroom.

She shut the door and locked it behind her.

It was a big bright room with plenty of space. Three old cupboards stood neatly along one wall.

Marie's king size bed was placed near the windows and had a selection of plush toys all over it. Probably from when she was younger. He remembered she collected them and loved to show them off as a kid.

He heard a rustle and turned. Marie pulled her beach dress straight over her head and unclipped her bra. Her breasts were bigger than they looked.

She undid her petticoat, stepped out of it and dropped her lacy red panties.

Stark naked, she advanced on Garth undid his belt before he knew it.

"Well, get moving Garth. Before I can't go through with it." She backed away from him, turned and went over to sit on her bed.

Garth watched her, but made no effort to undress. She sat there, her legs dangling over the side, slightly apart, her black pubes bushy and her big breasts moving up and down to rhythm of her shallow breathing.

Rolph35
Rolph35
4 Followers