Pain

Story Info
My ending for Slow_n_gentle's story.
6.3k words
83.1k
16
56
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KOTK
KOTK
15 Followers

A special thanks to Slow_n_gentle for giving me the permission to write an ending for his story. A big thanks to Magikheart for her help and suggestions.

(Sorry no sex)

*

Bill just stared at his bedroom ceiling. The only thing he wanted to know was why, why had Pam done this? Why had she become so selfish that she didn't think about him, and most importantly, about their children? Somehow Bill drifted to sleep with thoughts still running in his mind.

Back in the Randolf house, Janet sat in her bed with her face buried in her hands. She was crying and was not able to control herself, remembering the pain caused by her husband and her so called good friend. Ellen heard her mother crying. She quickly went in her room.

"Mom are you alright?" asked a very nervous Ellen.

Janet didn't answer her daughter. She didn't want her daughter to see her crying this way. She tried hard not to cry.

"I'm fine Ellen, I was just..." Janet was not able to bring out the words from her mouth.

Ellen sat next to her mother wrapping her hand around her shoulder. Janet leaned her head on Ellen's shoulder. This time Janet couldn't restrict herself and she busted into tears. Her bottled feelings came out in the form of tears. She cried in the arms of her teenage daughter.

Ellen was a bit scared. She was just a teenage girl, who studied in high school and enjoyed life with her friends. She never thought that she'd have to see this day in her life. Ellen remembered one phrase written by her teacher on the black board, "Life is more strict than a teacher." Ellen came to know the meaning when looking at her mother.

"Mom, I promise everything will be alright." Ellen said stroking her mother's hair and reassuring her.

"We are deserted, your father deserted us." Janet said between her sobs. "After couple of months, I don't know...." Janet didn't complete her sentence.

Ellen shifted back a little letting her mother lean her head in her lap. Janet finally found some peace in her daughters lap. She thought, if Ellen wasn't there what would she have done? In this tough situation mother and daughter switched roles. Janet looked like a frightened little girl. Ellen on the other hand was more composed and did her best to comfort her mother. Ellen silently cursed her father for the pain he gave. Janet slowly fell asleep. Slowly, Ellen moved to help Janet lay in her bed. Ellen looked at her mother then she went in the bathroom, turned the tap on full speed and cried out loudly. She looked at herself in the mirror, washed her face, and promised herself no matter what happened next she'd help her mother and fight against this storm. Ellen went back in the room and slept next to her mother. She knew that the road ahead would not be easy. Ellen snuggled next to her mother and fell asleep.

The next morning Bill got up early. It was still hard for him to believe that Pam wasn't home with him. He called his boss for the week off. His boss was a good man, without any hesitance, he gave Bill a week off. Bill continued to make calls and made an appointment with a divorce attorney. Later, he made coffee for himself and started preparing breakfast for the kids. Sue and Billy were ready for school and sat down to have breakfast with Bill.

"Dad can we ask you something if you don't mind?" pleaded Sue.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can we call mom? Please."

Bill thought about how he should refuse her. He saw the pleading eyes of his kids, yet there was some sort of hope in their eyes.

"Ok we'll do one thing, when you both are back from school we'll call her, alright?"

"Oh! Thank you dad," both kids said in union.

"Alright then have a good day at school." Bill said, kissing both kids on their cheeks.

After Sue and Billy went to school, Bill started calculating in his mind the things to be done. First thing was to meet Janet and help her out, her condition was more miserable.

Janet and Ellen finished their breakfast in silence. Sue and Billy were waiting outside for Ellen.

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Mom?"

"Yes Ellen, I'll be fine, thank you." Janet assured her. Ellen went school with Sue and Billy

After a few hours Bill showed up at Janet's house. Janet and Bill sat down and worked on all the possibilities. Bill asked her to call her office for a week off. Janet did as she was asked. She took the week off from her office. Bill asked Janet to get ready so they could meet their lawyer. Just as they were about to get in the car, Janet asked bill, "what if they both come back and say that they're sorry?"

"I don't think so, Janet, that's impossible," Bill said sadly.

A few minutes later, both Janet and Bill were seated in front of their lawyer, Mr. Andrew Adams. Bill told him the whole story. Mr. Adams asked a few questions to both of them. "Now tell me what do you want?" Mr. Adams asked Bill.

"I want all the assets split up 50-50. Pam is going to marry Jim so I want custody of both my kids, but she can meet them anytime she wants. I want them to be served papers as soon as possible and a court order to keep them away from our houses," Explained Bill.

"Mrs. Randolf, would you like to say something?" Mr. Adams asked looking at the saddened Janet.

"I want a divorce on grounds of adultery. Jim should pay child support for Ellen. I want Ellen's custody. I want the house and immediate temporary support for family expenses."

"Ok I'll start working on the paperwork and give you a call when everything is ready."

"Thank you Mr. Adams." Bill stood up and shook hand with Mr. Adams.

Janet and Bill went back home and discussed a few more things. Bill returned to his home, made himself a drink, and sat down thinking about the event that had turned their life upside down. Later, while having dinner, Bill tried hard to avoid Sue and Billy. He was confused, should he call Pam or not? What if she refused to speak? Both kids would be disappointed. Sue and Billy finished their dinner and looked at each other. Bill knew what was coming.

"Dad you remember what you said this morning?" Sue asked hesitantly.

"I remember it Sue, but I'm not sure if we should call her or not." Replied Bill calmly.

"You both are aware of the situation. I won't lie to you, I'm afraid that she may refuse to speak. She's with another man, who she's going to marry. I'm also aware that if we did call her, Jim will not allow us speak with her. He thinks we'll turn Pam against him. Honestly, I don't want to speak with Pam after what she did. I know you both are missing her, but I'm sorry kids." Bill said sadly.

"Dad what if she comes on the phone and says she is sorry?" asked Billy with teary eyes.

"Yes dad, please give it a try". Sue pleaded

"Ok if you both insist, we'll make the call." Bill said giving up.

Bill called Jim's mobile, a few rings later he picked up the phone.

"I believe I told you I'd call you on Saturday evening and tell you our ideas. It's Wednesday." Jim said arrogantly.

"Jim, listen, I'm not interested in talking to you or Pam for that matter, Sue and Billy want to talk to her, they both miss her." Bill replied in his clam tone.

"I don't think she'll be interested in talking to your kids. If you have any message to give me, I'll give it to her."

"Don't you understand what I said? And the kids are not only mine. Call Pam and tell her Sue and Billy want to have a chat with her."

"I won't make that mistake. I think you'll turn Pam against me. You can chat after we are married or if possible, on Saturday".

"She's my wife and the mother of my children for God's sake, Jim. My children want to speak to their mother; no one can stop them from doing so." Now Bill was getting pissed off.

"Your wife and the mother of your children sleeps next to me every night now. Do you want to hear what we do?"

Bill gestured Sue and Billy to be seated on the couch and moved towards the window. He didn't want his kids to hear their conversation.

"I don't give a shit what you both do or that you both sleep together. I'm not interested in the information and I'm not at all interested in talking to you or Pam. It's just because of Sue and Billy that I called you. I knew it, you'd be arrogant."

"Well, you said it all. Don't expect our call on Saturday after this. Tell your kids to forget Pam or else get a new mother for them."

"I don't need any advice from you Jim. One thing is sure, the day you come in front of me Jim, I'll teach you a lesson, it's a promise."

Bill heard Pam in the background begging Jim to let her talk. Jim just ignored her cries. He also heard some sound as if they were fighting. Finally the phone was disconnected. Bill turned around and saw two sad faces. Sue and Billy both had tears in their eyes. Bill went over to where they were seated and hugged them both. Sue and Billy didn't say anything; both went back in their room disappointed. Bill sat digesting everything. The pain returned with sharp edges this time. Bill felt both angry and sad. Angry about the information Jim gave him and sad for his lovely kids. He knew this would happen, but he can't refuse his kids. He made himself a drink to ease his pain.

Ellen and Janet had a silent dinner. After dinner Ellen helped Janet with the dishes. Finally, when they both were seated in their living room, Janet asked Ellen about her day in school. Ellen told her everything about her school. She also asked her mother how her day was. Ellen then told her mother that she had something to say.

"Please Ellen go on, I'm listening."

"Mom I want to help you, I mean I want to help us both. I was thinking about taking up a part time job. We both know you don't make much and I also know that the mortgage is $1200 per month. I'll be happy to contribute a little. I want to share the responsibility with you mom."

"I'm proud of you Ellen, but I don't think you should do that. I want you to only concentrate in your studies. You are good in your studies, taking a part time job will deviate you from your studies. I'm going to look for a new job, if possible. Thanks for your concern."

"Mom please let me help. I can earn and learn together."

"Please Ellen, listen to me, you don't have to do this."

Ellen thought that it wasn't a right time for an argument, but she would again try to convince her mother. Ellen went in her room to finish her day's studies. Janet sat in the living room watching TV. She didn't pay much attention to what was on the screen. All she thought about was Jim, Pam, both marriages in turmoil, and the pain caused by both Jim and Pam.

Night went slowly. Both Anderson and Randolf families didn't know what would happen in the morning.

Bill, as usual, got up early. He didn't have to get ready for work so took his own time for his morning rituals. After he finished everything, he switched on his TV and started preparing breakfast. Sue and Billy came down a few minutes later and sat at the dining table. They were having their breakfast when they heard their doorbell. Bill got up to answer the door. When he opened the door he got the biggest surprise of his life. Pam was standing at their door with her luggage next to her. Bill just stared at her in disbelief and was more shocked then surprised. Sue and Billy saw Pam; both ran to the door and hugged her. Bill just stood aside and watched their reunion.

"Dad didn't we tell you mom would come back?" Said a very happy Sue

"We missed you so much mom, promise us you'll never leave again." Billy said hugging his mom tightly. They were hugging and kissing each other. Bill still couldn't believe this was happening.

"I promise, I won't leave you again the way I did."

Bill just stared at them quietly. He let Pam come in. Bill went out to see if Jim was anywhere near, but he wasn't there. He came in and saw Pam anxiously waiting for his reaction. Bill smiled a little and said, "Well, what brought you here Pam, I thought you were going to marry Jim and where he is?"

"I'm so sorry Bill for what I did. Please forgive me. Let's talk in private and not in front of the kids." Pam said pleading and feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Sue and Billy know everything. I told them everything, you running with Jim, about the bank account, your marriage to Jim and about our divorce. Ellen, Jim's daughter also knows everything. Janet and I told kids everything."

"Bill, please forgive me. I know I don't deserve it. I left Jim after what he did yesterday on the phone. I realized my mistake. I realized what I did was wrong, but it was too late."

"Give one good reason for forgiving you. You don't know how much pain you have given. How your lover humiliated and insulted, not only me, but our kids too. I'm not interested in knowing if you left him or not. By running away with another man you disrespected my love, our marriage, and me. I can't forgive you for that."

"Dad, mom is back with us, she realized her mistake and she is sorry for that. Please can't you forgive her so we can live the way we used to. Don't divorce her dad, please. We want her with us; she's back where she belongs." Sue said holding her mother's hand.

"Don't try to pressure me into changing my decision. I'm really hurt. The thing that hurts the most is that you and Jim involved Janet and me in your dirty game. I'll never forgive you for that."

"It was Jim's idea. He brought it up so we could..."Pam stopped looking at Sue and Billy.

"I don't care whose idea it was. I'll let you stay here only because of Sue and Billy. You can take your stuff into the guest room. We'll stay under same roof, but like strangers. I don't expect anything from you. My decision is firm about the divorce, but I'll think about it only, and only, because of Sue and Billy."

"Bill please let me explain, I..."

"There's nothing to explain, it's too late." Bill said cutting her in off.

"I'm going out and I don't know when I'll be back." Bill said moving out of the house without turning back. Bill paced out of his house. He was not sure where to go he just wanted to go away from everything. Pam came back, but with her pain came too. Every time he'd see her it would remind him of what she did.

Ellen was waiting for Sue and Billy for school. When they didn't show up she went over to their house to see them. Sue told her they won't be coming today and that their mother had returned. Ellen went back and gave this news to Janet. Janet was shocked to hear that. She wondered where Jim was. Janet tried calling Bill on his mobile phone, but he didn't pick it up. Janet thought about confronting Pam, but she should wait for Bill. She thought, what if Jim returns like Pam?

Sue and Billy tried to engage Pam in talk as they both helped her move into guest room. They were so happy to see her back. The day went quickly. Sue and Billy helped Pam in preparing dinner. They made Bill's favorite food. They waited long for Bill. Bill came home very late that night. He ate dinner at some restaurant. Sue and Billy were already in bed. Pam waited for Bill. Bill saw her seated at the dinning table. He knew she was waiting for him for dinner.

"Don't expect me to eat anything you prepare. I had my dinner. From now on I'll eat outside or prepare my own dinner." Bill said in his usual clam tone.

"Bill please......wait."

Bill just ignored Pam as if she was not there at all and moved into his bedroom and closed his door behind him. Pam sat down and cried quietly. She realized how stupid she was to choose lust over her loving husband and her loving family. She hated herself for hurting her family. She thanked Bill in silence for not throwing her out and letting her stay here in their house, though she didn't deserve that. Quietly she got up, did all the household things, and went in her room.

The next morning Janet called Bill. Bill confirmed that Pam had returned. He gave all the details about the phone call, his argument with Jim, and how Pam returned after that phone call.

"Did she say anything about Jim?"

"I didn't ask her about him. I'm not interested in knowing about him. If you want I'll her ask for you."

"I was just wondering if he'd return like Pam. I still can't believe she came back so easily. What about the divorce? What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm thinking about it. I don't know, I mean Sue and Billy don't want me to divorce her. Right now I'm torn. I need some time."

"I can understand Bill. I want to confront Pam. I want to know everything.

Everything."

"I think we should wait for a day or two. I feel that Jim may also return like Pam. I want to confront both of them together and finish this once and for all."

"Ok I agree with you," Janet replied in affirmation.

"Janet, I just wanted to tell you something. I know you don't make much at your current job so why don't you change it?"

"I'm searching for a new job, but because of this meltdown it's hard to find a new one."

"I have a friend who has an opening at his office. It's a secretarial job, mostly related to administration work. I can talk to him about you. If you are interested send me your resume. You'll earn a little bit more thanwhat you earn right now. I'll be happy to help you out."

"Thanks Bill, I'll send you my resume as soon as possible." Janet replied happily.

"I'll give you more information about the job and my friend. Ok, bye for now."

Days passed by quickly. Janet joined the new firm. Income wasn't much, but better than her previous job. She was happy and thankful to Bill. Janet was still hoping for Jim's return, but he never showed up. She didn't want to reconcile with him. She waited for him to come and sign the papers. The relationship between Pam and Bill was cold. Sue and Billy tried hard to reconcile them, but all they got was disappointment. Bill stopped the divorce proceedings, but never talked to Pam, and never ate what she prepared. She didn't exist for him. Pam only hoped Bill would forgive her and accept her back.

Bill started going tohis office. He paid less attention at home. Sue and Billy were very sad and it affected their studies. Bill was in his office when he received a phone call.

"Hello, may I speak to Mr. Anderson?" asked the person on the phone.

"Yes, speaking." Replied Bill.

"Hello Mr. Anderson, I'm Maria Williams, a school teacher of your daughter Sue. Can I have few minutes of your time?"

"Hello Ma'am, how can I help you?" Bill asked politely.

"Mr. Anderson I want to meet you in person. It's regarding your daughter's studies and it's important. So can you come and meet me."

"If it's really important then how about today? I'm free today after lunch. How about 1:30?"

"Fine, I'll be waiting for you in the staffroom. Ask for Maria Williams and we can talk."

"Ok bye and good day ma'am."

Bill wondered what was so important about Sue's studies. She was good in her studies and there were no complaints earlier. He thought everything would be crystal clear after meeting with her teacher. After completing his work Bill saw his watch, it was time to meet this Maria Williams, Sue's teacher. He reached the school on time. Bill somehow made his way to the staffroom and asked for Maria Williams.

Maria Williams arrived after a few minutes. Bill just stared at her. Maria Williams was in her late thirties. She was short, but very cute with brown hair tide into a ponytail. Her glasses were placed nicely on her tiny nose. She was wearing a skirt with a half sleeves blouse.

"Hello, you must be Mr. Anderson, Sue's father, right?" Asked Maria Williams, raising her hand for a handshake.

"Yes ma'am." Bill replied taking her small soft hands in his big ones.

"Let's go to our cafeteria. We can chat there." Bill followed her quietly not knowing why he was called. They both ordered coffee, Bill was now very anxious to know the reason for the important meeting.

KOTK
KOTK
15 Followers
12