Palmer: Fashion Week Ch. 07

Story Info
Formulating Plans
9.8k words
4.49
8k
2
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hal_tee
hal_tee
396 Followers

Chapter 7 — FRIDAY — Making plans

Roxanne Lopez was contemplative as she watched the purple-white smoke twist off the end of Jennifer Finney's cigarette. The brunette had told her she'd given up smoking a while ago, following her divorce, but after last night's events she needed a comfort blanket.

Roxie understood why. A long time ago, she'd been like Jenn...

She still found it difficult to believe that Jade had manipulated Jenn in such a way. She'd always thought of the African model as her friend, but she was seeing her in a different light. And the ramifications were weighing heavily on her. It had to be Nikky Volkov who had put Jade up to this and there could only be one reason why.

He knew that Jenn was an undercover cop.

How? The Russian had connections everywhere. Was there anything he didn't know? That thought scared the shit out of her.

It was probably Volkov who had been behind the threesome with Jade. Anything else was too much of a coincidence. She just hadn't yet worked out why. To drive a wedge between her and Jack? It almost had. And it could end their relationship if Jack ever found Volkov had coerced her into sucking his cock. Would she never learn?

But that wasn't her immediate concern. She was worried for Jenn. What was Volkov up to? Was he trying to compromise her, and the Met, make an example of her? Or was he simply trying to coerce her into becoming one of his escorts? It could be either of those things.

Thank God for Jack's intervention. No wonder she loved her boyfriend so much. Jenn might need a comfort blanket but she didn't. Who needed one when she had her own hero to look out for her?

He had still been asleep, face down, when she'd left their room this morning. He hadn't even stirred when she'd showered and dressed. She'd headed straight to Jenn's room and invited her down to breakfast. It would give them a chance to chat things through, woman to woman. She reasoned that the brunette probably needed that.

"It feels like I've been out of my depth ever since I set foot in Dubai," Jenn suddenly mumbled, when they were seated. "And last night proved exactly why."

They paused as a waitress came over and took their order. Roxanne asked for a round of mimosas and a fruit parfait. Jenn requested the same.

"Don't beat yourself up," Roxie told her when they were alone again. "I've been around men like Nikky Volkov long enough to know how manipulative they can be. Besides, I'm the one that left you with Jade. I'm going to have it out with her when I see her. What she did was horrible, but I'm sure that Nikky was behind it."

Jenn nodded slowly.

"I've been thinking about that all night. You think he knows I'm a cop?"

"No doubt about it."

"But how? Did I give myself away?"

Roxanne gave an ironic laugh.

"I doubt that, Jenn. Nikky has people everywhere. He probably even has contacts inside the Met. Jack said that sort of thing was rife when he worked there, and I know that Dominic DeVere did. We never ever got to the bottom of that. I'd say that someone tipped him off and last night was an attempt to compromise you."

"He very nearly did," Jenn hoarsely whispered. "Jade got me to take a hit from an opium pipe and after that I just couldn't think straight. Then she showed me one of the bedrooms from some sort of viewing room. Nikky Volkov was there with Michelle Park."

"Michelle!" Roxie exclaimed, her eyebrows knitting. "That's unusual. I didn't think she was in the inner circle."

Jenn shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know," she said. "The effect of the opium had hit me by then. And watching the two of them in bed ... well, it just got to me, you know?"

Roxanne nodded her understanding.

"Believe me, I know," she sympathetically agreed. "I've been in those situations before, Jenn, and more than once..."

She left the statement hanging. Sometimes it was difficult to believe exactly what she had got up to in those days. At the time, it had all seemed so normal. She'd fallen in with Dominic DeVere almost by accident and had soon become his favourite girl. After that, he'd saved her for important assignments.

She'd even felt special at times...

"You always seem so strong," Jenn said, reaching out and stroking Roxanne's hand. "I wish I had been. But it was difficult to think straight and I kept telling myself I didn't want to blow my cover. I'm supposed to be a model, after all. Jade made it all seem so natural."

"She's very good at that," Roxie said, pulling a face.

They fell silent when their waitress returned with their order, each preoccupied for a moment with their own thoughts.

"She's your friend?" Jenn asked, when they were alone again.

"Some friend," the redhead answered through gritted teeth. "I thought she was. You know, Jack's always been suspicious about the modelling world and I've kept telling myself it's because he doesn't fully understand it. But maybe he's right. There's corruption everywhere."

"He's a good man," Jenn said, with a warm smile. She squeezed Roxanne's fingers. "It's rare to find a real man's man, but with a tender side, too. My ex-husband was a bastard, pure and simple."

"I'm sorry," the redhead empathised, "and you're right about Jack. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. He saved my life and he captured my heart. I just wish I'd been able to show him the good things associated with the fashion world. His experiences have been the opposite. And here we are again..."

She shot Jenn a melancholy look. But then she smiled.

"And yet," she said softly, "I'd never have met Jack were it not for the DeVere mess. He saved me in more ways than one. I'm a very lucky girl."

"I agree," Jenn said warmly, and they both laughed.

*

The assassin stood in front of the rectangular mirror in the small bathroom, his palms face down on the cool counter beside the sink. He stared at his reflection, seeing the brooding need in his dark eyes. The scar on his face was new, a relic of his last desperate fight for life.

His heart was palpitating from the pill he'd just taken. He had a busy day planned and would need to be at the top of his game.

For a moment, the smooth cream walls of the bathroom closed in on him and he shook his head to clear the feeling before turning on the cold water tap. Filling his hands with water, he checked his reflection once more before splashing it on his face.

That felt better.

The woman he'd picked up last night lay on the bed in the adjacent bedroom, her empty eyes staring up at the ceiling. He hadn't intended to kill her, but when she'd found his gun and began to ask questions, he'd had no choice. Today was too important to take chances.

He would leave her body there when he left the hotel. Like yesterday, he'd exit surreptitiously without paying. He'd got the whore to book the room in her name and no-one had seen him when he'd entered. They wouldn't even know he existed.

He glanced at his reflection again. The sullen face staring back at him looked a little scruffy. Maybe it was just that he needed a shave? He'd have to smarten himself up before he left the room; put on one of the shirts he'd stolen from the upmarket gentleman outfitters he'd visited yesterday. Dubai was full of well groomed men and the last thing he could afford was to look out of place.

He would contact Volkov later tonight. No, make that tomorrow morning. Give him time to think overnight.

Once the trap had been set...

The Russian would be shocked when he heard the news, wondering what was going on. The bastard wouldn't have a clue. He'd let him stew on it until morning and then make the call.

Once Volkov realised who he was dealing with, the multi-millionaire would have no alternative other than to pay the money he demanded.

*

"Am I interrupting anything?"

Both women looked up to find Jack Palmer smiling at them.

He had been alarmed when he'd woken up to find Roxie gone, but then he'd put in a call to Jenn's room. When she hadn't answered, he'd put two and two together and headed down to the breakfast area.

"Of course not, sweetheart," Roxanne said, grinning back at him. Her white knight had finally pulled himself out of bed. "Please join us."

He took the vacant chair next to his girlfriend, kissing her soft lips before glancing at Jenn.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, checking out the side of her face. The redness had almost gone, although there was still a little swelling there from Habib's blow last night. "Sore?"

"A little," she replied. "But what about you? You look kinda rough."

They all laughed. One side of Palmer's face had several abrasions from the fight, and the bandage wrapped around his swollen hand was tinged with blood.

"All in a day's work," he quipped, deflecting the attention.

"He has marks all over his body," Roxie explained, smiling lovingly at him.

She traced her index finger along the downward scar that ran across the side of his neck.

"You see that one?" she asked Jenn. "He got that one when he was a kid. He told me about it the first time we met."

"You asked me about it," he corrected, smiling warmly at her. Not for the first time, he reminded himself how lucky he was to have her as his girlfriend. "You wanted to know if I'd won the fight."

"And you proudly told me that you had," she countered.

Jenn smiled at them as she listened to the exchange. The warmth in Roxanne's voice spoke volumes, every bit as much as the twinkle in her eyes. These two were very definitely in love. She wondered if their love life was every bit as cosmopolitan as Jade had hinted, but doubted it. It had to be just another attempt to put her off guard.

"I told you it added a little character," Roxie continued, her green eyes digging into his. "And then I said that I liked men with character."

"That's just as well," Palmer joked, touching a particularly nasty wound on his cheek. Habib must have been wearing a ring. "I have a feeling that I might have added even more character to my looks."

He glanced at Jenn, more comfortable with turning to business mode than talking about himself.

"Has anyone been in touch with you after last night?" he asked. "Jade, Volkov, anyone?"

She shook her head. "Nope. I haven't heard a thing. I was telling Roxie how stupid I felt. When Sandra—"

"Sandra Wilson doesn't need to know the full story," he interrupted her, "Only the relevant details. And despite everything that happened, we haven't a single thing on Volkov other than he's a nasty piece of work. But then we already knew that."

"Do you think I was deliberately set up, Jack?" Jenn asked wistfully.

"No doubt about that..."

He paused to order himself some coffee when the waitress headed to their table. He didn't need to eat right now.

"Your cover is blown and they're trying to get at you. It serves no purpose for you to stay in Dubai any longer, Jenn. In fact, it's dangerous for you to be here. When you speak to Sandra Wilson, my recommendation is that you ask to go home. Until then, I don't intend leaving either of you ladies on your own for long. Okay?"

Jenn stared at him unhappily.

"Look, Jack, I might have messed things up last night but—"

"It isn't about you," he firmly said, meeting her gaze as he cut her off.

He didn't want any misunderstanding.

"Getting through that photo shoot was quite an achievement and who knows, you might have got further had it not been for Yamamura's death. But you were on a hiding to nothing from the start, Jenn. Volkov knows your identity and that means you're a threat to him. This is a man who doesn't mess around. He removes threats."

She sat quietly for a moment, those big brown eyes flicking from him to Roxie and back again as she considered his words.

Roxanne saw her dilemma and reached out to entwine their fingers.

"You should be proud of yourself, Jenn," she encouragingly said. "You've got a big heart. But for what it's worth, I agree with Jack. This is a foreign country and the Met has no jurisdiction here. What else can you achieve? The time is right to let this one go."

The brunette eventually nodded. It mightn't be what she wanted to hear, but it was clear her friends were talking good sense. For a moment she didn't reply, and then she pushed up to her feet.

"Well, I'd better get going. I need a shower before I speak to Sandra. Maybe I'll feel better after that. But I'm grateful for all you've done, Jack, and thanks Roxanne for our chat."

"Same," the redhead said. "We'll catch up later."

The women hugged, and then Jenn walked away.

*

Michelle Park was walking out of her bathroom when her mobile phone rang. She was naked except for the small white towel wrapped around her damp hair. The number was blocked and she paused for a brief moment before answering. Could it be?

"Hello?"

"Hello, my dear."

The smooth voice that greeted her down the line confirmed her suspicions. The Russian's accent was unmistakable.

"Nikky, it's so good to hear you again."

Her throat warbled and she fought back the knot. She'd thought that fucking him last night would be help show her commitment to him, but he'd left her suddenly after taking a phone call. He was pissed with something, although he hadn't explained why and she hadn't been able to find out afterwards, despite checking with various people.

She still wasn't sure that he believed her story about her and Tony. That made her fearful. Despite the incriminating information she and Yamamura had gathered on the Russian, this was a man you didn't want as an enemy.

"I have a task for you," he told her, without any preliminaries. "Well, a couple of tasks. I know you won't disappoint me."

"Of course," she quickly agreed, with as much enthusiasm she could muster.

It was in her interests to agree to whatever he wanted. The closer she got to him, the safer she would feel.

"How can I help?"

"The model you worked with on the shoot, Jennifer Finney. I've seen the photographs. You looked good together."

"Thanks," she said, waiting for the punch line.

He hadn't called her to offer his congratulations. That was for sure.

"I want you to meet up with her again. I need you to find out why she's in Dubai, what she knows about me. Do you understand?"

She tried to disguise her hesitation. Find out why Jennifer Finney was there? She was a young model hoping to make it big. Wasn't she? This was interesting. What the fuck did she have to do with the Russian?

"Yes ... yes, of course."

"Once you have that information," he went on, taking her agreement as granted. "I want you to seduce her. Fuck her. Judging from the photos I've seen, that shouldn't be too onerous a task. I will specify the time and place. I hope I make myself clear."

Michelle's heart caught in her mouth. Something significant was happening here and she might well be able to use it to her advantage.

"That will be my pleasure," she quickly replied, walking out onto the balcony.

A couple were having breakfast on the balcony next to hers. The guy's eyes nearly popped out when he saw her. She'd forgotten she was naked. But instead of turning away, she stood there as she waited breathlessly for further instructions from the Russian, allowing the stranger's eyes to feast on her unabashed nudity.

"Tomorrow," Volkov said.

His voice was flat and hard. That irritated her. How could she pick up any clues from such a cold tone?

"I'll have things arranged by then," he continued. "In the meantime, I've arranged for a car to pick you up at the hotel in approximately ten minutes. Be ready."

"That sounds good," she murmured huskily, disguising her panic.

Ten minutes? She hadn't even put on her make-up yet.

She gave a sexy smile to her admirer on the next balcony and gave a sexy sway of her ass when she headed back into her room. She might be apprehensive about meeting him again, but she'd fuck the Devil if it was to her advantage. The closer she got to him, the safer she'd feel. But his next words took the wind out of her sails.

"I have an assignment for you," he added, his harsh tone indicating it was an instruction, not a request. "Think of it as more of an audition. It's one that I want you to pass. Don't disappoint me."

He abruptly ended the call before she could respond.

She'd only talked to him for a few minutes and he'd left her bemused. Audition? What did that mean? Seduce Jennifer Finney? Why? But she didn't have time to think it through. She needed to get ready before the car arrived. Whatever he had in mind, she hoped it involved sex. She needed to relieve some of the tension she was feeling.

*

"Jade is a snake," Roxanne told her boyfriend. "Nikky Volkov might have set it up, but it was Jade who did his dirty work. When I see her, I'm—"

"My advice is to stay away from that woman, Roxie," Palmer interrupted. "And stay away from Volkov, too. He'll know of our involvement in foiling his plan and he'll be cooking up something else. Tell the truth, I'd rather all three of us were heading back to England on the same plane."

"Jack..." she started to protest, but he held up his right hand.

"I know, Roxie," he reluctantly said, his jaw setting. "You have to see through your obligations here. But throughout the rest of our stay, think of me as your personal bodyguard. I don't want you going anywhere outside of this hotel without me. Nor does Jenn."

"You really think it's that serious?"

He didn't reply, but the earnest look on his face gave her the answer. Jack didn't do drama. When he made a point, it meant something.

"Okay," she told him, "but it's not all bad news. I spoke to Alicia Stiles last night. She still models for Nikky and other leading agencies when it suits her, but she mainly freelances. And guess what? She's asked me to co-host Supermodel with her."

Her tone grew a couple of octaves as she gave him the news. Her green eyes shone with excitement.

"This is the break I've been looking for, Jack," she continued, speaking faster, more enthusiastically. "No more agency work. No more modelling, except where I pick and choose. Television could be a new career for me. What do you think?"

She looked so happy that he couldn't help but give her a big hug. She wouldn't be this energized unless the opportunity was something special.

"It sounds fantastic," he grinned.

"It is Jack, believe me," she garbled. "I'm going to be a guest judge first, and if that works, they'll offer me a contract..."

She paused, pondering on whether to give him her next piece of news. There wasn't any point if he was set on leaving Dubai as soon as he could. But on the other hand, she knew what it could mean.

"What?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at her suspiciously.

She quickly jotted a telephone number down on a slip of paper and glanced around her as she handed it to him.

"What's this?"

"It's Nikky Volkov's personal mobile number," she said, her beautiful eyes still sparkling. "One of the new supermodels—Devi, from India—was bragging at the party about having it. She owes me a couple of favours and I managed to wheedle it out of her. Any use?"

Any use? Volkov was likely to have a couple of mobile phones, but if his luck held then this could be a major breakthrough. The question was, did he want to become involved?

*

An excited party of tourists had just arrived at the five star Ritz-Carlton hotel. The assassin stood towards the back of them and to the casual observer, he would appear as one of the group. That was what he wanted, to blend in with the crowd. But his gaze was peering past them towards the hotel entrance.

The woman he now knew to be Michelle Park was standing there, positively glowing in a short, floral patterned dress that had everyone turning their heads. He hated Asians, but even he had to admit that this one was hot. His cock was lengthening just from looking at her.

hal_tee
hal_tee
396 Followers