Pete Ryan's Surprise

Story Info
Pete helps a lady and gets paid handsomely.
6.8k words
4.1
49.8k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Peter Ryan stepped into the casino and stopped just inside the door. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. This was a brand new casino and every single thing smelled new. He liked the smell of a new casino. It was music to his wallet. As he looked around, the sights were all too familiar. Gamblers sitting at machines, standing at roulette wheels, hanging on the rail of the craps tables, and otherwise strolling the aisles looking for that big win.

He stepped forward and entered the first aisle. Here there were poker machines of different denominations and variations. He slowed his step as he perused the machines, poker being one of his favorite games. He saw an open seat at the end of a bank and headed for it. Just as he reached the seat, another hand reached for the same seat.

Pete stopped and looked at the owner of the other hand. Red hair, green eyes, slim figure, roughly his age bracket, he guessed. He smiled and those green eyes smiled back at him.

"Would you like this seat?"

"Yes. I was just reaching for it as you can see."

"And with a very pretty hand. Since the seat on the other side is also available, I'll let you have this one without a tussle. Good luck."

"Thank you, sir, and good luck to you as well."

Pete could hardly breathe. His grin couldn't have been erased with dynamite. He was just a little light-headed as he stepped towards the other seat. When he sat down, he discovered he could just see her shoulder if he leaned enough to his left. He was still grinning when he put his $20 bill into the slot.

He got a pair of queens on the first hand, breaking even on his bet. The second hand gave him three 6's for a small win. The third hand dealt him four of the five cards for a Royal Flush, only the 10 of spades was missing. Holding his breath, he pressed the button for the fifth card. Ten of Spades! A Royal Flush! $1000 was the payoff and the machine when nuts with noise and flashing lights to attract a casino staff person to make the payoff.

"What did you hit?"

It was the redhead from across the machines calling to him.

"Royal", replied Pete, "on the third hand."

"Wow! What luck! I'm not hitting anything so far."

"I'll trade you some of my luck for a smile and your name."

"Done! I'm smiling and my name is Kelly Winslow. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Lucky." She said, extending her hand.

"A great pleasure to meet you, Ms. Winslow. I'm Pete Ryan."

He replied, taking her hand gently in both of his.

"I hereby transfer some of my good luck to this beautiful lady, Kelly Winslow." Pete solemnly intoned, as he gently shook her hand in both of his.

"By the way, this is the lowest level of luck that can be transferred. If it doesn't work, the next level requires a standing hug followed by a peck on the cheek."

"Is there anything else in the transfer department if that doesn't work?"

"Only one more level but that requires a good deal of personal contact."

"Such as?"

"A full body hug including a wet, sloppy kiss that will last me three days. I've found women are generally not that desperate, no doubt due to my charm."

"I'll keep that in mind. Oh, here comes your money. Go collect while I put your luck to the test."

"Good luck again, Kelly. If that machine doesn't work for you, we can always switch as they both have the same games."

"We'll see. I've got to give it time to warm up to me."

Pete collected his win, gave the agent a tip, then sat back down to play off the winning hand. Nothing on the first hand, three four's on the second hand, then he hit four aces with the kicker deuce for another $1000 payoff. This time the machine just held the values without requiring an agent payout. Pete cashed out, then stepped over to where Kelly was playing.

"I haven't heard any screaming from this side."

"No, but at least I'm ahead. I think your luck had something to do with it. How are you doing?"

"I just cashed out after getting four aces with the kicker."

"Damn, you're lucky. What was it I need to do to ramp up the luck?"

"A full body hug followed by a peck on the cheek."

"Ok, I've got enough left in here for two more hands. Let's try it."

Kelly stood up facing Pete and stepped forward. She laced her arms around his neck and he slipped his arms around her waist. They pressed together and he felt Kelly sigh, then he kissed her cheek and held the kiss for a long moment.

"You didn't say anything this time. Did the luck transfer?"

"Yes. The transfer is automatic at this level and above. Try it out."

Kelly sat back down at her machine and dealt the next hand. A full house was dealt and she squealed her delight. Nothing on the next hand but the third one dealt her four kings. Again she squealed and clapped her hands as the win racked up.

"Pete, does your luck only work for gambling?"

"What do you mean, Kelly?"

"I mean could your luck help other things like my marriage."

"Probably not but if you want to talk about it, perhaps I can offer some advice that might help. I've been married so I can speak from experience."

"I'll cash out and then we can go someplace a little less noisy, ok?"

"Sure. There's a bar just over there with open seats. We can get a drink, gamble, and talk at the same time."

After they were seated and had ordered their drinks, Pete sat quietly waiting for Kelly to begin speaking.

"Short version. I've been married to the same man for almost 30 years. We have two grown daughters who are both married and live in San Diego. He, Frank, is the VP of Marketing for a national firm so he travels quite a lot, especially since the girls are on their own. I work part time for a small bookkeeping service in the suburbs. Lately, I been aware of changes in our relationship and I think he's seeing someone else, although I don't have any proof."

"Ok, I've heard this story before. The first question is do you still want to be married to him, regardless of the outcome of your suspicions. What I mean is do you want to divorce him whether or not he's seeing someone else or will the knowledge of the facts dictate your actions."

"Wow, I guess I haven't really thought about that yet. I was just suspicious about his recent behavior and beginning to dislike the way I've been treated lately. Can I have a minute to think about this?"

"Sure, take all the time you need. The reason that this is the first question is that it will dictate what you do next. Let's drink a little and play a few games on the table top machines while you think about it."

"Fine."

They each put a $20 dollar bill into their respective machines and began to play. As expected, Pete did better than Kelly. After seven hands, she had spent her $20 and just sat staring into space. Pete played a few more, then turned slightly towards her.

"Are you ready to talk yet?"

"I think so. I guess I've already assumed he is cheating and I just need to prove it to myself. Our current situation isn't worth holding onto the way it is. Is that the right answer?"

"Kelly, there is no right or wrong answer. As I said, your position on the subject will dictate your next move. If you're sure you want a divorce regardless of whether or not he's seeing someone, that's one answer. If you're waiting for the outcome of an investigation before deciding whether or not to file for divorce, that's a different situation. Which way are you leaning?"

"Divorce. Even if he is just working a lot, I'm not happy with the way I've been treated and that in itself is grounds for divorce in my view. I guess I really wanted to know if what I'm feeling is validated by his actions or am I just not used to being all alone as I am now."

"So I think your approach should be to begin an investigation into his activities and let your next steps be dictated by the results. Basically, you can sue for divorce on several grounds or simply apply for a no-fault finding. In either case, divorce is the final act. Would you agree?"

"Yes, Pete, that's exactly right. So what do I do now?"

"Do you have a friend who has been through a divorce recently?"

"Yes, Susan and Dave divorced about 5 months ago. I understand that it was very messy and Susan's attorney had a private investigator following David to collect evidence she could use."

"Then your first step is to talk to this Susan and find out the name and number of the attorney she used. Call him or her and make an appointment."

"When you visit the attorney, express your suspicions about your husband's activities and ask if they have the resources to prove or disprove them. You should get an affirmative answer. If you feel comfortable with the attorney, then began a discussion of how to go forward. If you're not comfortable for any reason, just leave and find another attorney. OK?"

"Yes, I understand. Will you be available to advise me as I go forward?"

"Sure, if that's what you would like. Here's my business card. It has my email address and my cell phone number. Contact me whenever it's convenient for you. Be prepared, Kelly. This may go easily and quickly or it may get really nasty and drag out for a long time. If you're going to play the game, you must be prepared to give it your utmost attention."

"Thanks for the advice, Pete. I should be going now. Thanks again."

Kelly got up from her seat and Pete did as well. When they turned towards each other, she stepped up and wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him very tightly.

At the end of the hug, she drew her head back, looked him in the eye, and kissed him on the mouth -- a long, wet, sloppy kiss that curled his toes. He held her very tightly and returned the kiss in kind.

Kelly released him and stepped back. She smiled at him and walked away, turning back to wave to him as she disappeared behind a bank of machines. Pete finally let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Damn, he thought, I don't even have her number. Oh, well, she has mine.

Two weeks later, on a Sunday afternoon, Pete's cell phone rang.

"Ryan Enterprises."

"Hi, Pete, it's Kelly. Do you remember me?"

"Kelly, of course I remember you. Purple hair, yellow eyes, and claws -- Oh,no, that's the cat I just saw."

"Very funny, Mr. Lucky, very funny."

"How are you, Kelly?"

"Pete, I could use some more of your good advice. Do you have some time this afternoon?"

"Sure. Where and when did you want to meet?"

"There's a coffee shop on Tavern Road, just east of Route 9, do you know the place? It's called Sandy's."

"Yes, I know it. When would you like to meet?"

"Can you be there in one hour? I know its short notice but I really need to talk to someone."

"Ok, one hour at Sandy's. See you there. Bye."

Just under an hour later, Pete drove into the parking lot of Sandy's Coffee Shop. As he entered, he looked around and found Kelly in a booth at the back and began walking toward her. He saw her eyes light up as he approached. When he got to the booth, he leaned over and kissed her lightly on the mouth, then backed off to take a seat on the other side. His lips tingled from the softness of her lips.

"You look marvelous, Kelly."

"Thank you, Pete. Unfortunately, I don't feel quite as marvelous as you think I look. In the past two weeks, Frank and I have made love, if you want to call it that, twice and both times I really couldn't stand his touching me. Then I got a call from my attorney earlier today. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Ah, sounds like bad news."

"Actually, it's what I expected. Frank has a lover. The PI has photos of the two of them together and a video of their sexual activities last night. The attorney asked me to come to his office tomorrow morning to review the evidence. I'm not sure I really want to see him in the video."

"Audio and video! Great PI work, I must say. Do you know who his lover is?"

"Yes. Her name is Karen Van Slyck. She's one of his co-workers, married, and quite a looker. Blond, blue eyes, the whole nine yards. Apparently it's been going on for some time. I'll get the full report tomorrow."

"So now that your suspicions have been verified, how do you feel about it?"

"Relieved, actually. I'm not crazy or imagining things. His affair is real. Now I need to decide what to do about it."

"I would say you have two choices. One, just split the assets and go your separate ways or Two, destroy both of them. Before you say anything, remember the old saying, "Before you set out for revenge, you must first dig two graves"."

"I thought about that already and it's just not my style. On the other hand, I don't want him to get away scot free. I suppose if I file he'll want to contest it and it could end up being almost as nasty as Susan's. I don't want that either. I guess what I really want is for him to just go away."

"Kelly, with the evidence you have, there is a way to make him just go away. Do you want to hear about it?"

"Yes, please, that's exactly what I want to hear about. Oh, Pete, you're a godsend!"

"Down, girl, let me tell you the plan, then you can jump my bones. Do you have any idea of your total financial net worth? House, car, other property, mortgages, IRA's, 401k, other investments.?"

"I've got a pretty good idea but not exactly."

"Your attorney can do some digging and discover your whole financial picture. Once you have that, you will have to decide what you want as far as a settlement. For instance, do you want the house or the money it's worth?"

"It's a nice house but with the money I could live anywhere."

"Exactly. So, once your attorney gives you the final picture of your net worth, you will need to decide how much you want from him in dollars. Be careful with that number. You want to hurt him but not bankrupt him as that would serve no purpose."

"Yes, I understand."

"Once you have that number, you have your attorney create the divorce documents, two sets, and you sign them. The next step will have to wait until all this is accomplished."

"Oooh, this is sounding better all the time."

"Now, Kelly, don't get ahead of yourself. You still have to act like nothing is going on as far as Frank is concerned. That might be very difficult, especially if he wants more sex in the meantime. You will also have to see the photos tomorrow and watch the video and that won't be easy either."

"Pete, could you come with me to my attorney's office tomorrow?"

"I could but are you sure you want me to see what he's going to show you?"

"Somehow I think it would be easier if you were there, please?"

"Alright, give me his name and address and I'll meet you at the office. What time tomorrow?"

"I said ten o'clock, is that ok with you?"

"Fine. Relax, Kelly, you're going to come out of this whole and ready to start a new life. Trust me."

"Thank you, Pete, I do trust you."

Monday morning they met in the offices of Carter, Carter, & Carter at ten am. They were ushered into a conference room with a computer set up and large screen. Mr. Ted Carter, Senior Partner, greeted them cordially and presided over the session.

"Kelly, Pete, we received these images from our PI in the field. This envelope contains copies of the photographs, the originals of which are under seal for use as possible evidence in court. Take a moment and review the photos, there are seven of them that are stills from the video."

Pete opened the envelope and leaned towards Kelly.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

One by one they looked at the photos. Each one was of the same two people, naked, in different positions. One in particular showed them in the "Puppy Dog" position where both faces were clearly visible. Kelly held Pete's hand very tightly as they looked at the photos.

"Mr. Carter, can you have this one blown up to a larger size?"

"Of course, Pete, Roger can have that done while we watch the video. This video I'm about to show you was taken on Saturday night in the room they were sharing at the Marriott in St. Paul. It is unedited and very graphic, I should warn you, but you are required by law to see it in order for it to be allowed in evidence. Are you ready?"

Pete glanced at Kelly, then nodded to Mr. Carter. The lights were dimmed and the CD was started. After 20 minutes, Mr. Carter stopped the video.

"The rest is not very interesting except for this part. I'll fast forward to it."

When the show slowed down, it showed the couple on the balcony of their suite. She was bent over the railing and he was drilling her from behind. After about five minutes, he apparently shot his load and she screamed out her own orgasm. Mr. Carter shut off the machine.

"That last part is the most interesting from the legal perspective. Since they are out in public on the balcony and have no reasonable expectation of privacy, that part of the video will be admissible in court if we get to that point. The scenes before that will not be allowed but still show a compelling scene."

"Mr. Carter, can you examine our financial records and determine our current net worth?" "I'm not sure whether or not Frank is hiding any assets from me and I think I need the whole picture before we go any further."

"Of course we can, Mrs. Winslow. I'll get our people started on that today. We should have something for you in a day or two. Is there anything else?"

"I'll need a copy of the video and the photos, including the enlargement."

"Yes, of course. Here's Roger now with the enlargement. He'll show you out when you're ready. We'll be in touch in the next couple of days. Good day."

"Thank you, Mr. Carter, and thank you Roger. Good day."

After they left the office, Pete and Kelly walked together to their cars in the parking lot.

"Oh, God, Pete, I didn't really expect to see him in action with her!

"I warned you, Kelly, this probably won't get any easier."

"Ok, why did you want the enlargement? Wasn't the smaller one good enough?"

"Not for what I have in mind. After we get the financial report from Mr. Carter and you've decided on a number, we need to have him give us two sets of documents which you will sign in his presence. Then we wait for the right opportunity. In short, what we're going to do is introduce Frank to the evidence we have and ask him not to fight you in court. If he agrees, it's virtually over. If he doesn't, we raise the pressure on him."

"Do I still have to play the good wife? I don't know if I can handle having him touch me after seeing that video."

"That's the part where you either become a great actress or suddenly get a migraine. Your choice but you can't be really obvious. If he figures out what you're up to, he'll take defensive action and that will only make things more difficult. He has to believe that he's still getting away with the affair."

"I understand. Pete, can you help me, please?"

Kelly slipped her arms around his neck and pressed her body close to his.

"I really wish it was you in my bed, Pete. I feel so safe with you."

"Kelly, we have to be careful. If Frank or one of his friends sees us together it could have grave consequences for you."

"I could rent a room in the motel without moving out. That would give us a place to meet and I could move my things in a little at a time. It will still be a few days before Mr. Carter has more information for me. Please, Pete?"

"Ok, but one question first. Do you know when he's traveling next?"

"No, but I'm sure it won't be long. Why?"

"Because it will give you more time to set things up at home. After you get checked into the motel, you will have to carefully begin moving your personal things over there without alerting him. If he's out of town, it will make the move much easier."

"Yes, I guess so. I'll just take my favorite things and my underthings, socks, and shoes for starters."

"Frank will be home tonight, Kelly, so when do you want to check in and begin the move?"

12