Pretend For Me Ch. 02

Story Info
Plan in action.
1.3k words
4.51
10.7k
4

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/09/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 2 - ACTION!

The next morning Lexi woke up at about 9 am, it was her day off from the restaurant and she had no plans. All she could think about was the deal that she had made with Xander and how the hell she was going to get out of this. No one would believe it and she was going to get her heart broken. After showering and dressing she made her way to McCloud's Den Xander's family restaurant and her place of work.

The first face she saw was Cora as she was hosting this afternoon.

"Hey Lexi can't you get enough of this place?"

Lexi gave her a small smile and answered. "I know, but I had to talk to Xander about something."

Cora just looked at her. "Good God you would think you 2 were an old married couple or something!?"

"What do you mean?" Lexi was confused.

"Well, you live together, work together, go out together with the same friends...all that is missing is the sex!"

Lexi blushed scarlet. "Cora!"

"What? It's just a word. Sex! Sex! SEX!"

"Stop embarrassing me Cora!" Lexi sighed. "It doesn't matter. Where's Xander?"

"Kitchen." Cora replied then turned to greet the next customers just coming through the door.

Lexi walked away shaking her head.

*****************************

Xander saw Lexi and Cora at the front of the store and geared himself up for the show. He watched her come to the kitchen door obviously looking for him. He snuck up behind her and snaked his hands around his waist, and kissed her neck.

"Hello baby."

Lexi tensed. "Xander w..what are you doing? W...We n...need to talk."

She broke free from his grasp and just started to walk to his office in the back. Xander just smirked and trailed behind her.

As soon as the office door closed Lexi smacked Xander across the bicep.

"What the hell Xander?"

"Ow! Lexi this is what we agreed to. We need to start now."

"I'm not sure..."

"I heard what Cora said Love. It's true all we really have to change is to look more intimate with each other." Xander reached out and grabbed Lexi's hand and pulled her into his embrace.

"Ok Xander...let's give this a try."

Just then the door burst open and in walked Adam.

"I knew it! How long have you been hiding this romance from us!?" He ran over and hugged Lexi. "Welcome to the family...Sis!"

"Adam!" Xander tried to slow his brother down. "Leave us to talk privately."

Adam laughed. "Talk about what that this is all a joke on us, isn't it? There is no way that Lexi would take on you."

"Adam you're wrong. We are together. Have been for a while."

Adam looked confused and hurt. "But...why wouldn't you tell us."

Xander turned from his brother and stood in front of Lexi. He dropped to one knee, pulled a small black velvet box from his pocket and looked Lexi in the eye.

"Lexi we've been best friends...forever and now let's be together forever. I love you. Marry me and make our family complete Lexi."

Lexi felt her heart sow down and her vision blurred with tears but that's when she saw it. Xander gave her a wink, smirk and then rolled his eyes. This was if this was all a show, which of course it was. Well let's give them everything she thought. She got down on her knees in front of Xander, she clasped her hands behind his neck and gave the most body rocking kiss she could muster from her broken heart.

Xander pried his lips from her and turned his wide eyes towards her. She held her left hand out and he shakily put the ring on her left finger. She gave him another peck on the lips.

"Well, I gotta go but I will see you at home...Lover!" She then strode out of the restaurant with her head held high.

******************************************

Xander looked at his sibling and thought my face must of looked very similar to that goldfish impression Adam is making. He made his way back towards the kitchen.

It only took about a minute for Adam to come running after him shouting for him.

"Wait a minute! Alexander McCloud. Well if you won't speak to me...FAMILY MEETING!!"

All of the McCloud's in the restaurant heads popped up and they started moving towards Xander's office. Xander around and glared at Adam.

"What are you up to Adam. Me & Lexi have nothing to do with you or the family."

"Come on Xander, we need to talk about this."

********************************************

Once Lexi left the restaurant she sagged against the wall. What just happened? Lexi couldn't believe it, she'd gotten so mad when it was obvious the surprise engagement and the most romantic speech she had ever heard wasn't real that she just wanted Xander to feel the surprise that she felt.

She walked as quickly as possible to her car. When she reached for the door handle the solitaire diamond ring glinted in the street light. Lexi could feel the backs of her eyes burning with unshed tears as another chip of her heart broke off. She quickly got in the car before any of the tears dropped.

Once in the car she sobbed like the world was ending.

After about 15 minutes Lexi came to a decision. Her heart was already broken and she needed to survive this. The only way to do this was to leave.

She took off as quickly as possible from the parking lot and towards the home she had been in for the last 10 years. She would be in packed and gone before anyone got home.

*************************************

Back in the office all the McCloud's had gathered except Callum as he was out of town right now.

"Ok Adam what's going on?" Craig, Callum's twin questioned his older brother.

"Xander and Lexi just got engaged." Adam's eyes never left Xander since they entered the office.

"What! God, what did you do Alexander McCloud?! Is Lexi...you know...pregnant?" Cora asked.

Before Xander could answer Adam interrupted him. "I'm warning you now. You hurt Lexi, I will kill you myself."

Craig just looked at Xander and shook his head.

Xander was pissed. First he turned to Craig. "Nothing to say little brother. Maybe the rest of your siblings should learn from you." Then he turned to Cora. "Lexi is not pregnant...yet anyway. But even if she were it would be b3etween us not everyone else." Next was Adam. "You...you were just in here hugging her and welcoming her to the family, where's the loyalty Adam..."

"I thought you two were joking out there! I didn't think it was serious!" Adam interrupted.

"I'm speaking, you listen! We were not joking. Accept it! Now I'm going to see my fiance! One of you can finish my shift!" Xander stormed out of there.

The three siblings looked at each other.

********************************************

When Xander returned to the house he caught Lexi lugging a suitcase out the front door.

"Lexi?"

She looked up, guilt clear on her face. Then she looked back down to the ground.

"It's not going to work Xander so, I'm going to leave before your Aunt gets here."

"Oh no you're not! This is your home!" Xander brushed past her, picked up her suitcase with no effort at all and entered the house.

Lexi looked from her car to the house, then hung her head and followed.

"Talk to me Lexi...please."

"I can't." She whispered.

Xander felt like he'd been sucker punched. "But we can always talk to each other."

Lexi looked at him and the tears streamed down her face. "Oh hell." Xander grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down on the sofa. He held her to him as she cried.

After 10 minutes he heard Lexi's softly snore. She was obviously exhausted. Xander lay back with Lexi cuddled on his chest and quickly fell asleep as well.

***********************************************

A few hours later the rest of the clan came home. A smile crossed Callum's lips when he walked into the living room and saw them on the sofa. It was obvious that they were made for each other and he would make sure nothing or no one would get in their way.