Princess Charming Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I care not what I look like any more," she cursed, brushing her hair with the ferocity a warrior would throw into battle, "I will be fine once I check on Jelena and see she is fine, then," she laughed bitterly, "Then she will help me sort this mess out." tossing the brush down, she walked out of her room and straight towards Jelena's room. "Please be alright."

<=={======>

The carriage felt warm from the magical flame Baldassare conjured up, he could not let his treasure freeze in the winter cold. He spent the entire night watching her sleep in the subtle light of the flame and now with the morning sun peaking over the eastern mountains; her face was bathed in the golden light, her skin glowing beautifully. "She may not have been what I planned for," he commented to himself. "But in my arms I hold the most beautiful creature ever to have been born to this realm." He brushed her hair away from her eyes tenderly, "You will love me, Lady Jelena," he placed a light kiss on her cheek. "And you will be my Queen. We will create a haven for all those with our gift and we will be happy."

She stirred, shifting her position for more comfort. She mumbled something unintelligible and sighed, drifting back into deep sleep.

The Galnoan King smiled, he was sure she would bring more favour to him amongst the non-magical community who refused to leave when he took power, a gentle Queen should make them happy. His thoughts turned to something more personal in nature, he wanted to unlock her magic and conceive his heir as soon as he possibly could. He let his hand drift to one of her breasts, barely contained under her bed clothes; they were firm and plump, unlike his original target. The Princess had a body that was too, well, more masculine. Jelena's body had all the feminine curves Baldassare loved and he could not wait to explore more of them. He brushed his fingers over her sensitive nipple, feeling it harden under the lightest of pressure. Yes, he would enjoy bringing pleasure to Jelena; if she was so responsive when asleep what would she be like when she was awake? He repeated his motion, this time rewarded with a soft moan.

He pulled the neck tie around Jelena's neck and slipped his hand underneath. Her skin felt warmer than the average woman's, her magical heritage giving her internal furnace a hotter setting. Baldassare revelled in the softness of her flesh, her golden skin so smooth and welcoming that he could not help, but touch her.

"Sire," the coachman called from his position next to the driver, "We approach the fresh horses."

"Thank you," he huffed in response, taking his hand back out from Jelena's night shirt. He would not let the men he travelled with touch his bride-to-be, he would sooner kill her, than let another touch her ever again. If he could he would not even let her awaiting Ladies-in-waiting to touch her but he could not run a Kingdom and care for Jelena's every wish at the same time.

The carriage came to a halt and the King gently exited the vehicle with Jelena in his arms. He stood in the snow as they harnessed the fresh horses to the carriage; they looked to be ready to bolt at the smallest of triggers. He checked his woman again when he felt her huddle closer to him when the wind picked up. He had no idea who she thought she was with, but he lavished in the small movement. One day soon she could sleep in his arms for all the warmth she could ever want.

He did not see the driver approach him until the man stood at attention, "Sire," the driver startled the sorcerer out of his musings. "We were wondering when we could stop for a rest and some food?" The tremor in his voice indicated the fear of retribution for the request.

Baldassare smiled, he could not loose his temper no matter how much it would normally infuriate him for being disturbed, this young woman gave him a calm he had not expected. "We will stop at the next town for a few hours for food and sleep," he dismissed the driver with a nod. The driver thanked him and hurried the work so they could be on their way.

The exchange was completed and the King with his sleeping beauty boarded the carriage once again and the party took off at great speed.

<=={======>

Athanasia tapped lightly on Jelena's bedroom door, "Jelena?" She called softly so she would not draw the attention of the other women in the wing. No answer. She opened the door and slipped inside, closing the door behind her. "Jelena?" She called again, "Come on sleepy bones, I need you." The Princess stepped closer to the bed, "You will laugh when you see what a mess I've made of myself," she sat down and instantly noticed something was wrong. There was no movement from Jelena at all. Athanasia pulled the covers back to find a pile of pillows where her Lady-in-waiting should have been.

Her heart felt like it had stopped, where was Jelena? Trembling she rose from the mattress and headed for the door, each step increasing in speed until she was racing from the room and straight to the throne room where her father was pacing angrily.

"Have you heard?" He growled at his daughter when she entered.

"I just found out," she answered her father, "Who would do such a thing?"

"He is as rude as he is untrustworthy," he snapped as he turned on the spot.

"Who?" Athanasia did not understand who her father was talking about.

"King Baldassare of Galnoa," he seethed. "He vanished over night."

"He must have taken Jelena!" She cried, "We must go rescue her!"

The King's temper seemed to abate at the news, "He took your Lady-in-waiting?"

"And Castor's bride," she added, her expression screaming with worry.

"At least there is something positive to come out of this," Talus sat in his throne for the first time since learning of Baldassare's disappearance. "What has happened to you?"

The Princess glared at her father, "Jelena's was taken and I had to dress myself," she snarled through her teeth, "And what do you mean that something positive to happen with my beloved friend abducted?"

"She was the youngest daughter of a count," he explained, "Not noble enough for a crown Prince."

"He loves her," she argued. "How can you just dismiss her like that?"

He looked at his daughter with annoyance, "Your brother must marry someone worthy of his station, a Princess from another Kingdom."

"And what of Jelena?" Athanasia nearly did not want to ask, but she must know. "What would have happened to her?"

A grin filled with malice grew slowly across the Kings face, "I would have had one of my men take her innocence rendering her a whore and forever out of reach of your brother."

The Princess felt sick, "You would have condemned her to death to stop Castor from marrying her? Why not just refuse your consent?"

"We both know your brother would go behind my back," he gave a dismissive wave, "No, better to deal with a problem head on rather than dealing with the consequences of an elopement of the heir."

"So you are content to leave Jelena in the hands of a tyrant just so Castor can not marry her?" She asked rhetorically, tears forming uncontrollably in her eyes.

"It would easier if she just remained far from here," the King relaxed. "It would save any ... drastic problem solving."

Athanasia nodded and left, refusing to look at her father ever again unless it was to put a blade in his belly, she was livid at her father's disregard of her friend.

<=={======>

Athanasia slams the door behind her in the pure rage she was consumed by. Her fury filled her being as she opened her wardrobe and pushed aside the panel that lead to her secret escape. Only a day ago she had brought her lover to bliss and now she was on her way to Galnoa for whatever the King planned for her. The man was an enigma and why he would take Jelena was a mystery. Not a mystery, Athanasia remembered Jelena's magical talent, but wondered why a witch with moderate power at best could attract his attention.

She burst out of the castle and headed to the blacksmith's, she had a plan forming and it involved her rescuing Jelena. "Elric? Minerva?" She called urgently from the workshop door.

The place appeared to be deserted at first, however the agitated voice from up stairs, "Is there any reason you are here so early in the day?" Minerva called.

"Jelena's has been kidnapped," Athanasia choked out, despair finally taking hold, "Taken by King Baldassare."

Minerva ran downstairs in nothing but a blanket covering her nakedness, "Good heavens!" She cried, "We will be down in a minute, dearie."

The Princess heard the mature couple hurrying to dress and discussing the news of Jelena's abduction, nothing clear could be heard, but the anger could easily be heard in the hushed voices chattering back and forth. Eventually Elric emerged in his work clothes, "What's happened?"

Athanasia told him the whole story, her friend's abduction, her father's apathy, and his original plan to have Jelena raped just to prevent Castor from marrying her. "...so now I am going to go rescue her."

Elric's expression spoke volumes, "You're a Princess," he explained slowly, "Not a warrior."

"Agathon wanted me to train to protect myself," she retorted, "I have spent nearly a decade learning how to wield a sword amongst other weapons. And you," she pointed to emphasise her point. "Fulfilled your promise to your son by making that armour for me."

"You were only to use it in case of emergencies," he argued.

"This is an emergency," Athanasia yelled, fighting to keep her tears at bay. "And the longer we stay here arguing about it the further away Jelena gets and the more danger she is in!"

They stood there staring at each other, silently challenging each other until Minerva joined them, "You won't prevent her from going, Elric," she softly spoke. "She will not lose another lover, you know that."

The blacksmith closed his eyes in defeat, "Come with me, Athanasia." Walking into the storage room, they stood looking up at the armour Elric had made. He reached for it and pulled his hand quickly away, "I don't believe it!" He cried, "It's still warm!"

Athanasia boldly reached out and touched the white and gold armour. "I hope it stays that way," she said dryly, "I hate the cold." Without waiting she began to remove the clothing she wore, slicing through the ties she knotted earlier with one of the knives from her kit.

"You ruined your dress," Minerva commented sadly.

"I have no use for it anymore," the Princess stated, tearing the fabric from her in disgust, "Now, how do I put this on?"

The middle aged couple helped Athanasia put the armour on, explaining how to tie it correctly. The padded leather under-armour was simple enough, the soft hide hugging her form comfortably before the chain-mail was added. The weight pulled on her shoulders, but the Princess wore it without complaint. Then the final plate armour was placed over the top and the weapons strapped in their appropriate and efficient positions. Finally, Minerva braided Athanasia's hair to keep it out of the way. "I will make a pack for you with supplies for a week in it," the gentlewoman smiled, "After that you will need to fend for yourself."

"Thank you," Athanasia hugged the older woman. "I will return, you will see." Minerva shuffled off and began packing one of Agathon's old packs with all the essentials she would need on her journey.

"Do you have a horse?" Elric asked her, "You won't get far without one."

"I will take my horse from the stables," Athanasia announced, committed to her goal.

Minerva returned with the pack, "There is some bread and dried fruit and meat in there along with a couple of flint stones for a fire, you will need to take care of everything else yourself I'm afraid."

She gave them one last hug and left.

"I worry for her, Minerva," Elric sighed.

"Me too, Elric," Minerva fell into her husband's arms and sobbed.

<=={======>

It was not hard to sneak into the royal stables, with a snow storm moving in, all the stable hands had moved up into the loft where they were better protected. Athanasia simply walked in, snatched a purse of coins that hung from a nail on a post near the entrance. She had watched the stable hands prepare her horse many times so she was confident she could do it, at least better than she could prepare herself.

Finding the saddle proved to be more difficult than she anticipated; the saddles all looked the same and were stored along the far wall near the fire place along with the bridles, stirrups, and blankets. She remembered her blanket was a crimson and gold one but there were several that had that description hanging on the wall. Losing her temper she just took the first one she could reach along with each part of the ensemble for her horse, Eder.

Now standing at her horse's stall she realised that it would be just as difficult to prepare him as it was to dress that morning. "Eder," she warned the horse. "I am going to dress you today and we will be going for a very long ride." She closed the gate behind her and approached the beast. He danced away from her as she stepped up to him with the bridle. He snorted at her. "Eder!" She chided the horse, "I need to put this on you now!" She tried to keep her voice down so as not to draw attention to her actions. "Come here and do as you're told!"

The horse stayed still and let her put the bridle on. "Good boy," she praised him, stroking his mane, "That bastard sorcerer of Galnoa has taken Jelena and we are going to get her back." The horse nodded as though agreeing with her. He remained still as she finished up saddling him, having to correct herself a few times, but eventually got it.

Holding the reins in her hand, she guided the horse out into the yard where she mounted him. The snow was beginning to fall, but it seemed to avoid her, visibly parting and going around her. "Strange," Athanasia mused aloud before making her way out of the castle walls through the main gate. No one stopped her, nor did they acknowledge her, the guards were more focused on the fires they huddled around to keep warm.

Feeling more confident in her actions with each passing minute, she pointed Eder towards the Great North Road and kicked him into a gallop.

<=={======>

Castor felt the warm breath caressing just below his ear, it was slow, and steady indicating its owner still slumbered. Sir Axel still held the Prince in his arms, the Prince's back pressed into the Knight's chest. Castor could feel the hard ridge of Axel's morning glory which under normal circumstances would have unnerved him, but for some reason he found it more amusing.

Axel shuffled slightly and began to snore, it was too much for Castor who elbowed him in the ribs, "Wake up good Knight," Castor teased. "The morrow has come, and it is a good day."

He waited for a response when Axel sighed, "Then why do I feel a chill?"

Castor laughed. "Should that not have the reverse reaction then?" He gave a slight wriggle to his hips to point out his hardened flesh.

"Perhaps I had a good dream," Axel replied cryptically and flung the covers back to sit up. "I will stoke the fire for you, my lord." Naked he swaggered to the hearth and placed some kindling on the smouldering embers. With the poker he teased the fire back into existence then placed more fuel on it. "Is that to your liking Sire?"

Castor had watched the Knight's every move, feeling his own morning arousal bobbing with satisfaction. The thought occurred to him that if they were discovered in such a way it could mean dire consequences for the both of them. "Is the lock in place?" Castor asked.

"Yes," Axel answered, looking over to the door to see the large barricade slotted against it. "If it were not I suspect that the servants would have entered and stoked the fire during the night."

The Prince smiled at the Knight's logic; however, he had more important things on his mind, "We are probably late for our picnic."

Axel moved to the window and opened the shutters; the snow had caked up around the glass pane with only a small patch to see through. "I think we will have to reschedule," he stepped aside for the Prince to see the blizzard growing outside.

"I hope the girls are not too disappointed," Castor sighed and sat up. "We'll meet them in the dining room and choose something else to do." The memory of Jelena's illness surfaced and Castor felt guilty, "Do you think Jelena would be feeling better?"

The Knight sat beside him, "I think she will be feeling better after a good night sleep." He sighed loudly, "I believe we must hurry, although it is dark outside, I think the blizzard is blocking the sun."

Castor gave a mock shudder, "I do not wish to upset that volatile sister of mine." They laughed and dressed before readying to leave the room, "I will see if Jelena is up."

"Alright," Axel gave the Prince a slight bow, "I will see you in the dining hall." They shook hands and parted ways.

<=={======>

Castor tried not to run to Jelena's room, he felt like a young child racing to the pile of birthday gifts waiting for him. Jelena had always felt so unreachable with her constantly at his sister's side and never making eye contact with anyone other than Athanasia. He had spent too many years watching her selflessly aide his sister in every venture Athanasia ever endeavoured. She was the perfect image the future Queen of Balany should be.

He rounded the corner to see her bedroom door wide open and the bustling of the castle servants fussing over the contents of Jelena's room. "What is going on here?" He demanded.

"The harlot has run away with the King of Galnoa," one of the women gleefully informed the Prince. "Now we get all her stuff!"

"I order everything to be placed back where it was," Castor growled. "She would not have left with King Baldassare, not willingly." His glare broached no argument.

"We are only following your father's orders," the woman bowed. "I will make sure everything is put back." She scurried into the room and began barking orders at the others.

Anger and panic filled Castor's heart; his Jelena was missing and apparently taken by the Galnoan usurper. His father was under the impression that she went willingly with the bastard, he would discuss this problem with him and organise her rescue.

<=={======>

Axel had tried the dining hall, the main hall, and the throne room, but had not found the Princess anywhere. The thought occurred to him that she was still in bed, the desire from the night before returned with vengeance. His arousal nearly crippling him, but he was determined to see if he was correct in his assumption.

Climbing the stairs to the next level he retraced his path to her room where he found the door closed. Rapping softly he tried to gain her attention. "Dearest?" He called, "Are you up?" He tested the door to see if it was open. Luck appeared to be with him when the door gave way to the cold room. Laughing he walked over to the fire to bring it back to life. The pile of fresh timber in the ash told him that Athanasia had already tried and failed. He staked the kindling around the wood and reached for the flint on the mantle piece, letting the sparks catch and ignite the straw. As the fire grew he turned to see the curtains around the bed still drawn.

He stepped up to the bed and pulled the fabric back. "Rise, and shine, beautiful," his smile fell from his face when he found the bed empty and in a state of disarray. It was then he saw through the door to her dressing room, the door of the wardrobe ajar and what looked like a dress sticking out. Axel gave it a quick look to see if she was in there, but found it too was empty.

Disappointed he stepped out into the hall and made his way to the main hall, hoping to find that his Princess had made it there since he last checked only to find Castor marching down the stairs, his face livid.