Promotion in War Ch. 01

Story Info
Marie gets kidnapped by the enemy .
1.5k words
3.96
19k
8

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/02/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sjalv91
sjalv91
18 Followers

"Finally, I'm promoted. " I said to myself while slouching down onto my coffee colored leather couch. I wiped my forehead with my hand. So many years of trying; so many hours of working hard, putting my body through strenuous exercise and risking my life. I'm finally a command officer! I mentally did a happy dance.

I turned on the radio, listening for any news on the war happening right outside the camps walls:

Death tolls tally to ninety-six soldiers in the past month, signs of ambush are around the camp. Medics are advised to work with the highest precautions. The enemy is very dangerous...

Enemy lines are finally catching up. Our precautions and many advanced technologies mean nothing now that they've surpassed our outer lines of defense. That frightened me. I know that my decisions make a difference now, and to make things even scarier, I know that I have to help construct a beneficial peace treaty with those monsters.

Joining the army was not a childhood-realized dream. I used to want to be a lawyer, but after the war began seven years ago, I, like many more aspiring college students reconsidered. I joined the force trying to protect my torn country, becoming an efficient archer and merciless in firearms.

Never in my twenty-three years have I ever felt so alone. I still had my sister, whose personality leaned more into the bi-polar side, and never managed to say something that wasn't impulsive or offensive. My parents were killed when the enemy raided my hometown—my sister and I were both in college at the time. I never bothered to make friends; every time I did, at least three months later, they were dead.

Even now, as the war has seemed to go on forever and ever, I'm astounded that the reason for all this mess is land. Men and their darn land...This is something they could have made a treaty for from the very beginning, but, instead they used a sniper to kill our president in the middle of a presidential address and kidnap his children. Both of them were held for ransom but freed two weeks later.

I was lucky enough to never have to see any of the enemies up close. They were human of course, reminded me more of the scary looking Russians depicted in the old Hollywood films more than anything. They were taller than our men, which I knew for sure, and we've never come across any women. There were plenty of men, though. It never mattered how many of them we killed, it's like they would re-spawn like a daisy in an open field.

I turned off the radio with a deep sigh. I looked over to my housemaid from back home—she and my sister were visiting until it was safe to travel again.

"What are you making for dinner, Nana?" My sister asked as she clumped down next to me on the sofa.

"Not much, spam and some yellow rice...peas..." The maid tossed the spam in a pan with butter and began to fry it.

I looked outside into the night; all stars were visible, seeming as if there was peace in the world. If only I could go outside... But we couldn't. Curfew for all visitors and soldiers not patrolling was at sunset.

Suddenly, I heard the siren begin to cry and my heart sunk. I quickly realized that our walls were breached. We were being attacked right at base camp.

"Stop! Turn off the oven quick. You guys need to get into the panic room. Come quick—"I gasped as I turned a bumped into a huge figure, easily surpassing my 5'3" frame. I looked up, lifting my chin up to gaze at two green beautiful, yet, menacing eyes. His hands were grasping my upper arms, preventing my escape and keeping me upright.

"Are you the Commanding Officer of this establishment?" He asked sternly with a hint of shock in his expression. He had hard chiseled features with a slight tan to his skin. A strand of his dark hair fell over his emerald eyes.

I simply nodded, trying to regain my composure.

"We need to speak." He stated letting go of my arms. My sister and Nana had frozen in their place with fear.

I turned to them. "You guys head into the panic room."

"No need, miss. I am here only to speak with you. Once I get what I need, I'll be on my way. I am the only one who has infiltrated the camps walls."

"You're not very good at sleuthing are you?" My sister retorted. "You sounded off the freaking alarm."

"Dang it, Emily. Can you behave for at least five minutes?" Nana scolded her.

"Why should I? "Their people" is the reason why I can't get out of this shit-hole camp."

"Emily, shut up!" I turned to her and glared. When I turned back to the man standing in front of me, he was gone. "Crap! Look at what you've done. Who knows what he could have wanted." I scolded her as I headed out the door behind him. I knew I was violating curfew and security precautions, but I have to see what he wanted. I need to make sure I haven't ruined our only chance for a treaty. "Soldier?"

He stopped, turned around and began walking back to me.

"I'm sorry. Please excuse her. She's socially dysfunctional." I gave the mysterious man a friendly smile. "Do you still wish to speak?"

"How is it that your government permits women to fight? In my country, our women are at home, working or studying, raising children. Safe. "

"We had a feminist movement. Things have changed since then." I answered.

"My president wishes to make a peace treaty with yours. I understand I need to speak to you first and construct the basic plan with you, although, at the moment, it seems to be impossible." He looked around to make sure no one was coming, and then picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, turned around, and began walking into the adjacent forest. I could hear the soldiers yelling and running in our direction.

"What are you doing?!" I panicked, banging my small fists on his back, screaming. "Let me go!" Even with all of his rippling muscles, I could feel his collarbone digging into my lower abdomen, making me feel nauseas.

We could have easily been halfway through the forest between the two opposing sides. I looked down to the ground, seeing how long of a distance it was. He had to be about 6'5" tall and all solid muscle. I could feel them on his back every time he took a step.

"Please put me down!" I begged.

"You're going to run and I don't feel like chasing you." He said with a scoff.

"Please, I'm feeling sick!" I managed to say as I felt myself gagging.

He sighed as he placed me softly on the ground. I quickly put my head between my knees. "This is great. I was supposed to have a plan with you by tonight. The First Sergeant is going to kill me."

I tried controlling my breathing as the feeling went away. The forest was getting dark. I looked back up to him. "You don't have to make things such a mission. Send a messenger or come yourself. You would have been properly escorted and treated fairly. Now, they see you as a criminal, who trespassed and kidnapped the Commanding Officer. It doesn't make you look so good... or trustworthy."

He quickly grabbed me by my arm and yanked me up, seeing my paled face and frightened hazel eyes. His eyes roamed my petite body, resting on my chest and curved hips before coming back to meet my eyes. "What's your name, girl?"

"Marie," I stared up at him with terrified eyes.

"You're too pretty to be a soldier, Marie. I'm Caleb. Promise me you won't run?"

"I promise... as long as you promise not to hurt me." I added quickly.

"Very well. Follow me and stay close. You are staying with me tonight. I'll have a messenger sent out to inform your president of your condition."

"Are you sure? You can't just come back for me in the morning?" I felt my cheeks blush at the idea of spending the night in the same space of this god-like man.

"It's better if you stay with me. It'll be safer for you. Our people don't respond well with yours, even though you don't seem threatening, and I surprisingly trust you. I know they won't. Unfortunately, your people have killed many of my people and vice- versa. " He paused, examining my face again. "Yet, somehow, your friendliness has really proven me wrong."

"Thank you, " I said with a sigh of relief, still not sure if he had good intentions. "Most likely, we'll be up all night figuring this out. Just let your leader know I am here. I don't wish to have any surprises." I began walking in the direction of his camp. He followed.

sjalv91
sjalv91
18 Followers