Queen of the Forest Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were speaking strangely. Kyn concluded that the raven-haired woman must be the one called Xania, and that these people used their own names when referring to themselves, except for the Queen, who seemed to speak on behalf of the forest. Kyn continued to listen closely and to assess them.

"Savage," Xania pointed an accusing finger at Kyn. "Savage killed Tarya."

A sudden gasp arose from the warriors who lined the sides of the dome, and who Kyn had failed to notice until now. There were perhaps thirty of them, and they were all staring at him in horror. Personally, Kyn felt that Xania was leaving out many important details, and for a moment he considered arguing his case.

Xania continued, "Savage wounded. It not sleep. Savage fights like Rlramwa. Defeat three other warriors also."

Queen Ayenna half rose from her throne, and her tone seemed fearful, "Three other warriors sleep eternal?"

The warrior shook her head, "Three other warriors awake now."

Ayenna sighed with relief and settled back down. "The outsider showed mercy?"

"It showed mercy," she agreed reluctantly.

Kyn thought that perhaps this conversation was taking a turn for the better, and the Queen's next words seemed to confirm that, "The Forest shall return mercy."

The other woman, however, seemed outraged. "Xania demands blood. Xania demands revenge!"

Queen Ayenna's tone turned icy. "The Forest has spoken. Will Xania obey?"

Kyn calmly watched as Xania clenched and unclenched her fists, struggling with her anger and her grief. He did feel a little regret for having killed the one called Tarya, but it was not he who had attacked unoffending travelers.

"Xania will obey." She turned and, after directing a hatred-filled look in his direction, stormed out.

The Queen then turned her gaze on Kyn. She regarded him speculatively while he stood uncomfortably shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He was an ambassador, so he had often addressed royalty before, but she was very different, and that, combined with his captivity, made him rather nervous.

She gracefully rose from her throne and approached him. Even though she was slightly smaller than many of her kin, she still stood about half a foot taller than Kyn. He also noticed that she appeared to be a couple of years younger than him, though there was something about her that made him feel vastly inferior, and her eyes seemed to possess a deep intelligence. She laid a gentle, comforting hand on his shoulder as she spoke to the other two women who had escorted him, instructing them to bring certain items to her. She then beckoned to him and he followed her to another one of those animal pelt doorways behind the throne. He was convinced that even if he had not wished to follow her his legs would have done so anyway.

The room to which she led him was not the only one attached to the throne room but it was situated directly behind the throne, which led him to believe that it was her private quarters. It was a fairly small room, and almost completely bare. Aside from the strange green light sources situated in each corner, the only things in the room were the furs. They covered the floor and hung from the walls, and there was a heap of them in the centre of the room which he supposed served as a bed. It was a cosy little room, but somehow he had expected something more extravagant. She was a Queen, after all. He felt a growing respect for her, which he thought strange since technically he was her prisoner.

She turned and faced him, placed her left hand on her chest and said, "Ayenna." She then placed that same hand on his chest, being careful to avoid touching a wound that had been inflicted upon him during the fight with Xania. He realized that this was the first time she had spoken directly to him. Perhaps it was customary to first introduce yourself to a stranger before addressing them. Each land had its own strange customs, he well knew.

"Kyn Rokan. Ambassador Kyn Rokan."

The Queen frowned thoughtfully and tapped his chest again. "Name is Ambassada?"

Though their language seemed to be a primitive version of his own, it functioned perfectly for them. Only when it came to communicating with him did she have problems. The language was mostly the same, but how they both used it was very different. He shook his head and attempted to explain. "Ambassador is my title, my occupation. Like warrior, or Queen, but not a warrior or a Queen."

She nodded. "Outsider uses strange words, but Ayenna thinks Ayenna understands." She tapped his chest yet again. "Outsider's name?"

"Kyn Rokan." Kyn noticed that she still appeared to be confused about something.

"Kyn Rokan is two names. Outsider is two people?"

"No. In my land it is the custom for people to have two names. The first is my name, and the second is my family's name. All in my family are named Rokan."

Understand finally dawned on her. "Name is Kyn." He nodded at her, and she continued, "In Ayenna's land, names end with 'ah'. Ayenna can say Kyna?"

In spite of himself, Kyn laughed. "I don't see why not."

"Yes?" She asked eagerly, unsure if he had been granting permission or not.

"Yes."

Queen Ayenna smiled warmly at him, and then she asked, "Will Kyna resist if Ayenna frees Kyna's hands?"

Kyn snorted. "Not bloody likely." He was well aware that there was no possible way he could escape.

"No?" She asked, eyeing him warily.

"No. Kyna promises that Kyna will not resist."

Her eyes narrow almost imperceptibly. "Does Kyna mock Ayenna?"

His reply was entirely sincere. "Not at all." He suddenly feared that he had offended her, but then she smiled, and his breath caught in his throat again. She drew a dagger from a sheath at her waist and carefully cut through the ropes that bound his hands. He stood, rubbing his wrists. "Thank you," He said simply.

Just then one of the women who had escorted him appeared in the doorway. She placed her load just inside the room and left.

"Kyna should remove Kyna's clothes."

Kyn choked at that. "What?"

"Kyna should remove Kyna's clothes," She repeated. "Kyna is wounded. Ayenna feels responsible, for it was Ayenna's sister that harmed Kyna. Ayenna wishes to treat Kyna's wounds."

Kyn suddenly understood. "No, that's not necessary. I'm fine." In truth, he was not fine. Some of his wounds were fairly deep, and it seemed that each time he moved at least one of them began to bleed again. Pain he could endure, though.

The Queen rolled her eyes. "Kyna should not worry. Ayenna finds Kyna very attractive."

He choked at that too, blushing furiously, and the room was suddenly filled with her rich, feminine laughter. When she spoke again, however, there was a hint of steel in her voice. "Kyna will remove Kyna's clothes." It was no longer a suggestion, but a command.

Reluctantly, Kyn began to undress. When she gave another of those heart-stopping smiles his reluctance completely disappeared, and he soon stood before her, completely naked.

"Mmm." Her expression appeared to be almost hungry as she looked him up and down, her gaze lingering on his crotch. "Ayenna is impressed." Then she seemed to compose herself. "But Kyna is hurt." She said it as if reminding herself, and went to retrieve the items left near the door.

Ayenna laid the items out near the heap of furs. "Come, Kyna. Sit." He sat on the furs and she knelt beside him. She picked up a cloth, dipped it in a bowl of water, then carefully began to clean his wounds. "Ayenna has a question. Will Kyna answer?"

He winced slightly when she touched a tender spot. "If I can."

"Why did Kyna not sleep when cut?"

He stared at her, confused. "I don't understand. None of these wounds are life-threatening."

"Ayenna knows this. Ayenna's sisters do not kill outsiders. But Ayenna's sis-"

"Wait." He cut her off. "Your sisters killed my men." He said it accusingly, though he knew that it had been his own fault, and that ultimately it was he who was responsible.

The Queen shook her head adamantly, still cleaning his wounds. "Ayenna's sisters do not kill outsiders. Ayenna's sisters take venom from animal, put venom on weapons. One cut makes mind sleep."

"So they're alive?"

"Kyna's men are awake. Kyna's men are safe. But Ayenna's sisters will not let Kyna's men leave." Relief flooded through him. He still felt guilt for leading them into this situation, but at least they were alive. He was about to ask exactly what would happen to them, but she spoke again. "Kyna did not answer Ayenna's question. Why did Kyna not sleep?"

"I don't know." She had finished cleaning his wounds, and she was now crushing berries in a second bowl. Suddenly, the answer to her question came to him. "Wait, venom, you say? These are dangerous times in the kingdoms beyound your borders, especially for an Ambassador. My kingdom's ambassadors are also spies, and occasionally assassins. We receive a lot of training, and early in our careers they have us imbibe all kinds of potions and conconctions. They're supposed to grant immunity to many illnesses and poisons." He suddenly realized how dishonourable his profession sounded, and he was ashamed. "I have always endeavoured to be honest in my work..."

The Queen had been listening closely, and she laid a hand on his arm. "Do not worry. Ayenna does not think badly of Kyna." The berries had been crushed into a paste by now, and she dipped her fingers into the bowl. She used her bare hands to apply the paste to his wounds. Her gentle touch was almost a caress.

It struck him again how odd it was for a Queen to be doing this, and his respect for her rose even higher. Tasks like treating a wounded man should be beneath her. "Where is Kyna's woman?" She suddenly asked him, her eyes alight with curiosity.

He wasn't entirely entirely certain of her meaning, and he answered hesitantly. "I, uhh... I don't have a woman."

She frowned slightly, clearly not comprehending. "Kyna serves what?"

Instantly, he replied, "I serve my King, he..."

"He?" She demanded, suddenly aghast. "Kyna fucks men?"

Kyn blinked at her. He wasn't familiar with the word she had used. "Fucks?" He watched her raise her hands and perform an obscene gesture which left no doubt as to what she meant, then she continued to apply the paste to his wounds, though now she moved stiffly, and she wasn't nearly as gentle. He felt himself blushing again. "No! I don't... 'fuck' men. Or women, for that matter. My King is leader of my land, and I do what he tells me, but we don't..." He struggled with the word again. "We don't fuck."

She looked relieved. "Kyna come from strange land. In Ayenna's land, men submit to Ayenna's sisters." Then with a sly smile she asked, "Kyna is unmated? Kyna is virgin?"

His face heated even further, and his mouth suddenly felt dry. The Queen was so direct. So blunt. "Yes..." Despite his age, he had never made love to a woman. Unlike many men, he wasn't satisfied with visiting a brothel. He had long since decided that he would only lie with a woman he loved.

"Ayenna will be Kyna's woman." She declared.

There were a few ways he could interpret that, and he wasn't sure which she had intended. He suddenly felt a powerful need to change the subject. He gestured at the bowl of paste which she was still applying and asked, "What is that?"

"Ayenna's sisters named it bloodberry for its colour and its effects. Bloodberry eases pain and encourages healing."

Kyn was a little dubious about the effects of the berries, but her every touch sent shivers up his spine.

"It also edible." She added, and brought her fingers to his lips. Before he knew what he was doing, he was gently sucking her fingers clean, one after the other. The taste was pleasant, sweet even. She giggled girlishly. And then, quite suddenly, she kissed him.

Kyn was taken by surprise. Her lips were soft, and her kiss was slow and gentle. It took him a few moments to gather his wits, but when he did he found that he was kissing her back. All too soon she pulled away. He looked at her, his disappointment clearly writ upon his face, and she gazed back with that same hunger as before.

"Ayenna wants to fuck Kyna," She said with characteristic bluntness. Kyn could not help but admire her honesty and directness, but it still embarrassed him immensely, and that word she used seemed so crude. He had to admit though, it felt good to hear her say it. "Ayenna is tempted by lust. Ayenna's sisters satisfy Ayenna's lust until Ayenna chooses mate. Queen has only one mate. Ayenna takes time to choose mate carefully."

Kyn nodded. "I understand." That was not entirely true though. He understood most of what she had said, but not why she had said it. And the part about satisfying her lust definitely eluded him.

She idly ran her fingers over his chest as she spoke. "Ayenna and Kyna will speak again, but now Lina will show Kyna to room. Kyna will eat. Kyna will sleep. Then will Ayenna and Kyna speak again." Then she called for Lina, who arrived so quickly that she could only have been standing right outside. The woman looked at him, then placed her left hand against her chest and introduced herself. Kyn followed suit, and she nodded and said, "Come."

Kyn reached for his clothes, but Ayenna stopped him gently. "Kyn will not wear clothes. Men do not wear clothes here."

He shuddered at the thought of walking back through the dome without his clothes, but he had no choice. He knew that arguing would bring nothing but trouble. He stood and bowed somewhat stiffly, which seemed to amuse her, and then he turned and followed the woman named Lina from the room. He resolutely stared at her back as they crossed the dome, purposely ignoring the stares directed at him. When they entered one of the adjoining corridors he realized that he had been holding his breath, and he let it out explosively.

Lina led him to a room almost identical to the Queen's own chamber. They had no need of furniture, it seemed. Kyn stepped inside and collapsed onto the furs, suddenly realizing how exhausted he was. A few minutes later Lina returned with a crude wooden tray heaped with food, which she set down just inside the room. She left again, but Kyn was almost certain that she was standing right outside. Hunger won out over exhaustion and he went to retrieve the food. There were various fruits and a large portion of dark meat. He had yet to see these people use any kind of fire, but the meat had been cooked. He attacked the meal voraciously, pausing every so often to drink from a wooden cup filled with cool water which seemed to have been flavoured with something. All in all it was a satisfying meal and he soon fell asleep, content with the knowledge that, though they were prisoners, he and his men were all safe. For the moment, anyway.

His dreams were of her, and only her. Her beauty. The grace with which she moved. Her smile. Her smell. Her accent, and the blunt, honest way she spoke. Her laugh. The touch of her fingers and, even more importantly, her lips. All of it made his heart ache. She did not just hold his body captive, but his heart too.

Despite the dreams, Kyn awoke feeling well rested. He noticed that another tray of food had been placed inside the room while he slept, and he ate gratefully. When he stepped into the corridor he found himself face to face with a dark-haired woman who he had not yet met. Like all of these women she was taller than him, but her face looked young. About nineteen, he guessed. She looked him up and down. Her gaze lingered on his crotch and, perhaps unconsciously, she licked her lips. She then looked him in the face and proceeded with the customary introduction. "Rana."

He responded. "Kyna." He had not actually intended to use the name which Ayenna had given him, but it seemed to have come naturally to his tongue. He found that he was fond of the name.

"What time is it?" He asked, but she just stared at him blankly. "Um... Where is the sun in the sky?"

She seemed to understand that. "It is dawn. The sun is just rising. Queen Ayenna wishes to see Kyna. Come." His heart lurched nervously at that, but he hastened to follow. Their kiss was playing over and over in his mind, and it was almost as though he could feel the ghost of her lips on his own. He mentally shook himself. What had come over him?

Rana led him directly to the throne room, and when they entered the dome he saw that the Queen sat once more upon her throne. Her face broke into a smile of genuine delight when she saw him. She seemed utterly incapable of hiding her emotions, and Kyn admired her all the more for that, too.

She rose from her throne and approached him, seeming to walk on the shadows themselves. She was dressed almost the same as she had been the day before, only this time the short skirt was one of deep red fur which matched her hair colour rather nicely. Kyn spent a moment trying to recall an animal with fur such as that, but then the Queen was in front of him, smiling warmly, and he forgot all else. "Would Kyna like to join Ayenna for a walk?"

In his mind he spoke the words "It would be my pleasure." The words of the Ambassador Kyn Rokan sounded rather insincere. However, the words the came from his lips were, "Kyna would like that very much." It seemed somehow far more appropriate, and he felt that it also expressed his feelings more accurately.

"Kyna is kind to speak as Ayenna speaks." She slipped her hand into his and gently led him from the room. They walked side by side down the main corridor and emerged into the dim light of the clearing. It felt a little strange to be walking hand in hand with her. Strange, but decidedly pleasant. They left the 'palace' behind and began to wander at random. "Ayenna thought that Kyna might have questions."

He did, and many of them, but he had no idea of where to begin.

"Kyna must be confused."

Kyn snorted. "You can say that again."

Her brow creased slightly as she frowned. "Ayenna does not understand Kyna's words."

"I meant yes," he explained.

"I means the same as Kyna, yes?"

"Kind of." He formed his words carefully to try to make her understsand. "But if Ayenna said I then I would mean Ayenna."

"Ah, I understand now." She put emphasis on the I. "Kyna speaks strangely."

He chuckled. "I suppose I do." They continued on in silence for a while, then finally he spoke again. "Why are there so few men here?"

"There are almost forty men here," she told him.

"But there are hundreds of women..."

She blinked at him. "This seem strange to Kyna?"

"Yes. In my land there are more men than women."

"Ah," she said, "Many things make sense to Ayenna now." She didn't elaborate, but instead went on to explain how their society worked. "Almost all children are female. Men are slaves. Men minds are weak. Men do what Ayenna's sisters tell Men to do."

Kyn took offence at that. "So you think my mind is weak?"

She looked at him in an apologetic sort of way. "Ayenna did not mean that. Kyna is different from men of Forest. Kyna has stronger mind, almost as strong as Ayenna's. Ayenna finds Kyn more attractive too, and Kyn has bigger cock." That was another word which he had never heard, but the look she directed at his crotch left little doubt in his mind about what she meant. His face heated, but she was looking ahead again and appeared to be lost in thought.

More and more women were emerging from their tents to go about their business, and many of them were staring at him. Kyn was relieved when he and Ayenna finally reached the edge of the clearing and stepped among the trees. They continued to walk deeper into the forest, still holding hands, and eventually Ayenna spoke again. "Does Kyna like the forest?"

"Yes," he answered truthfully. He had fallen in love with the land itself on the very first day, when they first descended into Kenma. "My land holds no such natural beauty. We kill the animals, and we chop down the trees. We build ugly cities of stone, and then amuse ourselves by trying to destroy what other men create." The week he had spent in the forest thus far had greatly changed his opinions on civilization, he suddenly realized. He had never really had a problem with it while he was there. But now he actually envied these people their simple lives.