Quincunx Ch. 19

Story Info
Rash needs a favour.
4k words
4.63
12.2k
0

Part 19 of the 30 part series

Updated 10/08/2022
Created 01/31/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Four
Rash needs a favour

Miri answered the door to me, standing back to let me in as soon as she identified me.

"Rash isn't back yet, she went out for a morning cantor with the Roschilld sisters," She told me as I walked past her. "She was mad at old Svelt last night, she was going to come and see you about it lunch time."

"I called by to see how she's getting on with the house, got any servants in to clean it up yet?"

"That's another problem, people say it's haunted."

"Tell them it's been exorcised by one of the great wizards so she can move there, offer them a generous wage, you only need to get one or two and the word will spread," I suggested.

"Aye, that might be an idea. I'll put it to Rash."

"Are you moving back home? I plan to leave in a couple of weeks, join the other students on their homeward trek."

"I think I'll be staying with Rash a while longer than that. It'll be a while yet till she's settled in," she replied. "So what about your magic if you're going home so soon?"

"I don't have the concentration to become a wizard, there's no point in my staying I'd rather be off home," I answered.

"Oh, oh well perhaps it's for the best, I go and practice my spells every ten day afternoon, Sister Evandger gives me tuition."

"That's nice, so you'll be well practiced when you go."

We talked on of home until Rash showed up in her riding clothes.

"Prissy little twits," she exclaimed as she opened the door.

Then saw me. "Davor, I need your help, you can be my financial advisor, that idiot Svelt Senior doesn't think I'm capable of managing my own money and wants me to get an advisor."

"If you want, I manage the farm accounts."

"Oh that's not important, I'll tell you the advice I want, you can tell old Svelt, these people have a lot of strange ideas." She threw me a look. "Anyway come with me this afternoon, I've set up the appointment for the second hour."

I had nothing else much to do, if it would help her. "Okay then, what I really came about was the house, see how you were getting along?"

"Miri tells me people are afraid, they say the place is haunted."

"I know, it was only some old magic spells, they're gone now and the place is normal."

I paused while she nodded.

"The thing to do is to get them to come there and find out for themselves. How about if you offer them a half a silver for the first visit, if you offer them a copper or so more on their wages that might encourage them to stay. Once you got some then more would follow."

"Hm, well Miri's handling that."She turned to her. "Miri, why don't we try that, See if Dav's idea works."

Miri gave a nod.

"I've got a confession as well," Rash said to me. "I've been borrowing your horse, I'm exercising it really, riding him around the park."

It was a liberty, but it only preempted my allowing it. "Yes, that's okay, he's used to a lot harder life than a morning cantor. I'll be heading home on him in a tenday or so."

"You aren't staying! I thought you were training to be a wizard?"

"I haven't got the knack it seems, too much for this little brain of mine."

"Do you know where the market is?" she asked.

"Yes, I've been once or twice. Why?"

"Wait and I'll get changed." She looked over at Miri. "Something simple, a summer dress I think." Then back at me as Miri went to look. "We need to talk, you can be anonymous and ignored in a market, we can find a Shie stall and get some cofftea."

"We can talk here, there's no spy spells about."

"No, walk me to the market and we'll talk there."

Miri came out holding a dress up.

"Yes, that'll do, with the green sandals." Rash said, standing.

Miri brought the dress over as Rash stood, laying it on the back of the chair. Rash picked it up and followed Miri back into the bedroom. I sat and waited, thinking of Rash stripping behind that door, picturing her slim body and breasts, the curves of her waist, her elegant legs.

She came out looking girlish, like the first time I'd seen her in a dress on the caravan steps, a smile on her face.

"Right, let's go then, let's sample the delights of your market."

I stood and walked to the door, opening it and letting her out. As we walked to the stairs I spoke.

"Rash, one of the girls was going up to the market as well, can we take a quick five minute detour to see if she's gone yet?"

"We don't want company."

"No, she was going to bring me back some Sorn Fritters, never mind it doesn't really matter. We go straight out."

We walked, her silence making it all the more mysterious, as we got to the market there was a Shie stand serving up cofftea and omelets.

"We'll sit here." She announced as we neared it. I followed her and perched myself on the stool next to her at the counter.

"Dav," she started. "Are you set on going home?"

"Well yes, there's nothing here I want or need, if they can't teach me how to be a wizard then what's the point."

"Would you stay with me if I asked you?" she asked. "I need a man around to protect me, I want you with me to fend off some of the overly amorous men, I've been asked a few times straight out and some don't like no for an answer."

"Sorry, things are a lot different here, all the girls in the dorm take Arabesca, sex is nothing to them but they have funny rules about sleeping together," I replied. "They don't do kissing either until their engaged."

"Oh, I know about the linking of arms but not about kissing, thanks for that. I think some of the girls in the group take it as well but the men always want more."

"That's part of nature, your father has concubines does he not?"

"That's different, the boys here just want to prod you and have all the fun so the girls tell me, like those stupid Roschilld idiots, they think they'll pick better husbands if they prod any boy who asks nicely."

"You can't blame people for wanting to sample the merchandise first. Boys are a different matter, boys just wanna have fun. My friends are like it at home, I've frigged two other girls beside Webbi before I met you, so I'm guilty too."

"Your different in so many ways, I feel comfortable with you, I can feel peaceful and relaxed with you next to me. It's a pity you can't do magic but that doesn't matter, please say you'll stay, it can be like before."

"I need to stay at the university till I leave, I'm still pretending to learn magic, it might take a while till I convince them I'm not suited."

"But you can be with me some evenings till then, we can move into the house together."

A while back I would have salivated at the mere thought, now after Cal and Xen did I want more involvement, I could spare a week or two to find out.

"Ok, we'll see, I'll be your Beau and advisor till the time comes, but mark my words, I will go home before too long, don't count on me forever."

"I'll get set up sooner with your help, a woman isn't held in high regard here, they are mollycoddled into old wives tales of expectancies, serving the needs of their men. I'll show them I'm different, that I'm an equal."

"Well you being a foreign princess will help, be demanding but charming with it."

"Charming is misunderstood here, you have to be rude and loud to make them take notice."

"Dav, I'm surprised to see you here," said Cal from just behind me.

I turned to see Cal and Curr. "Hi, you just got lucky, I'd like you to meet Princess Rasyondi. Rash, meet Calorissa and Curromo, two of the wizards from the adjoining dorm."

"Really," burst out Curr. "You look so normal."

Rash laughed. "Nice to meet you, Dav says you're on your way home soon."

"Yes," Curr replied. "Our year here is nearly up, I'm glad I had the chance to meet you though."

"We'd stay and chat but we're on our way to check on our graduation robes. If you've got time you should come for a cofftea, Dav can show you where we live." Cal said.

"We'll be back in an hour, we'll bring you some Sorn fritters," added Curr.

Rash gave them a broad smile. "Yes, we'll have to see if we can arrange things, I'd like to see where you live."

"Well that's settled then," Curr stated. Turning to Cal. "We'd better be going, I don't want Yasnim annoyed at us again."

Cal laughed. "The pin was an accident." She turned to us, "See you later. Come on then."

Curr bid us 'later' as well and they were off, joining the throng on the main path and disappearing off.

"You're keeping nice company, no wonder you want to stay in the dorm," Rash commented.

"There's Xentha and Bemnie as well, along with eight boys, they've been showing me around, the market and the local night spots." I explained. "They've finished their studies and are partying for the final weeks."

"Ah, I see, well you'll find my nightlife different, which is another reason I've brought you here. We need to get you some proper clothes, I'm having some dresses altered and you need to look more fashionable as well."

"I could wear my wizard robe," I volunteered.

"No, you'll stand out to much. Besides, I want you to look your handsome best."

"I should warn you that I've no money for clothes," I argued.

"I'd already guessed that, I was going to take you there later but we might as well go now, it's only in the town."

I shrugged my shoulders. "If you're paying lead on."

She slipped of the stool and I followed her, taking a hurried step to walk next to her as she edged into the stream of people. We walked back to the town centre and to the fashionable shops in a tree lined avenue, halfway along we turned down into a narrow side road and three doors down we paused before a cluttered shop front.

She gave me a smile and entered. Inside the shop was lit by candles and an old man sat at a counter busy sewing.

"Yes youngsters, what can I do for you?" he asked looking up and putting his work aside.

Rash took command and I found myself being measured up, while Rash picked out the styles and material. She had him make me three sets for me, one formal and two evening wear suits. On the way home she explained that the formal wear was for concerts and the theatre, while the other two were for parties and the café.

We walked back around to the dorm and into my half. I waved her to the table as I went over and started the cofftea going.

"It doesn't look much, what are the rooms like?" she asked, standing and coming over to me.

"I'll show you in a minute, go and sit down while I finish the cofftea," I told her.

She went and sat in silence whilst I finished up and brought the drinks over.

"Well, you're going to have a tale to tell when you get back, if my father knows of you he'll have you brought before him." She said conversationally.

"I think your father would rather let the affair die quietly, either that or he already has agents on the way her to protest your asylum status. Would he be bold enough to act against the wizards?"

"How so?"

"Would he kidnap you back?"

"Would they retaliate if he did?"

"It depends, if they did it in secret probably not, but if they came and made requests that were denied and then did it then probably yes."

"So there's a chance they might just come in the night?"

"No, I think you'd be safer there that anywhere, it would be out on the street somewhere if I were planning it, you going to one of your evenings or something."

"You think I need a bodyguard?"

"Now that I think of it, yes, it wouldn't hurt and could solve your other problem as well."

"You'll still be there for that.... You've got a sword, they wouldn't try if you were armed and with me."

"No, you'd need a professional soldier, a mercenary perhaps. Someone who looks the part."

"Okay, yes, so where would I find one?"

If it were me looking I'd be trawling the inns but there was no way she could do that.

"I dunno. Do they have a nightwatch here? We should ask the girls when they turn up."

She sat back in the chair while I took a sip of cofftea then laid back myself.

"He's more likely to demand I be returned, no-one thwarts his will, that's why I had to get away."

"If he does that then they have already answered that point and will deny him, they've granted you your freedom...."

"Subject to charges," she finished for me.

"Tell me, and I'm not being nosey, how do you have the money? Is it legally yours?"

"It's my dowry and all my jewels, legally they are my husband's when I marry to see to my upkeep."

"So that's your defense if he accuses you of stealing it. There's a degree of logic in that that might work, a good advocate could put doubt in a mind with it. Good."

I went to take another sip and found only dregs.

"Do you want more cofftea, mines finished?"

"Yes, I think I will."

As I was making cofftea Rash stood. "Which room is yours?"

"It's the third one down over there," I said pointing.

She walked over. "Is it open?"

"Yes."

She walked in.

"It's bigger than I thought it would be," she called over, sticking her head back out of the door.

I left the cofftea to brew and walked over. Walking through the door I saw her sitting on the bed.

"It's got a horse hair and flock mattress three quarter size."

"It's a little small, but then students don't have much."

"It's about the size of my bedroom back home," I said defensively.

"Boys don't have much either, I could fill this with my dresses."

"Well, the cofftea's ready, look around all you want, I'm going to pour it now."

She got up to follow me as I turned back to the door. As I exited Xen came in.

"Hi," I greeted her. "I've got Princess Rasyondi here, let me introduce you."

Rash walked out to join us.

"Rash, this is Xen, Xentha. A friend of Cal and Curr."

"Your Highness," Xen said, giving a nod of the head.

"Not any more," said Rash with a wry smile. "Here I'm Rasyondi of Skire, a rich nobody."

"There's cofftea ready, I've just made it," I told her.

"Oh good, I was looking forward to a cup," Xen said, starting towards the kitchen.

Rash and I followed to the seats and as Rash sat back down I traipsed after Xen to help. I trailed after Xen again, carrying the cups on the tray as she sat next to Rash. Sliding the tray onto the table I sat on the far side of Rash and eased back in my seat to sip my drink.

"Well, what do you think of Potiau, or at least Dondrub?" asked Xen, glancing from Rash to me.

"I'm not sure, it's very different not being a princess but there are so many differences beyond that," Rash replied, turning to me. "Dav, can I have a girl to girl talk? Give us ten minutes."

I smiled inwardly; she still carried the social mores of home. "Yes, I'll take a slow walk and see if I can find Cal and Curr."

I took a final sip of my drink then stood. "Later then."

I turned and gave them a smile as I walked out. I first made a stop in their dorm, one of the boys said he hadn't seen them in the past half hour. I thanked him and started my slow amble to the gate. There was no sign of them coming up the avenue either so I took the rest of the steps to stand at the gate of the House.

I couldn't resist a look inside, I used a desiccating power of the water quintile to shrivel all the weeds on the driveway, then at the door I used the renewing force of the earth to put the door to rights. Inside I used the void to sweep up the dust, watching it spiral in as it swept the floor.

It was nearly an hour gone before the spell of me playing with my magic was broken by the realization of how long I'd been away. I took the bubble of void that I'd hastily sealed and let it burst out on the drive, letting the wind scatter the dust the next it blew.

I hurried back to find Cal and Curr long settled and guarding the few remaining Sorn fritters.

"Hi," I greeted them as I came in.

"Where've you been?" asked Rash, "Cal and Curr have been here ages."

"Oh I got caught up with someone, didn't count the minutes." I answered.

"Here," said Cal. "You'd better grab these now."

She half stood to hand me the plate, giving me a smile as I took the seat next to her.

"Well, I'll say thank you for the advice and information." Rash said, sitting up in the chair. "I'm going to steal him from you for a while."

She stood and asked. "Dav, walk me back around."

"Yes, certainly," I replied.

I stood and followed her to the door. She waited till we were on the path before she spoke.

"The girls suggested that I go to the Dusty Forge and talk to the bouncers there. Please say you'll come with me."

After scaring her with the reality of her situation here I felt obligated to help secure a guard.

"Yes, when do you want to go?"

"It'll have to be tomorrow early evening, Jublarie is sending her carriage at first eighth to take me to Raymondic's place."

"I'm easy, I've got nothing planned."

"I should have you with me tonight as well but dressed as you are...." Her voice trailed off.

"You wouldn't fit in." I finished for her. "I'd be a different kind of novelty if I wore my student robes, I wouldn't do any magic, just a better class of rube come to gawk."

"No, I want you to be properly dressed to meet them, first impressions count."

"That only leaves waiting with the coachman. How long will it take?"

"A couple of hours."

"You'll owe me one for this."

"I'll pay you back," she said with a giggle.

I left it at that, falling silent as we rounded the corner to sight the main doors.

"I'm okay from here." She said stopping. "I'll see you in an hour or so, after dinner."

"Okay, I'll wait in the hall after dinner."

"No, come straight up, I go to first and Miri goes to second."

"Okay, I'll do that then. Later."

I watched as she walked away subtly swinging her sexy hips.

I walked back musing over what else had been said, bodyguards weren't girl talk, the sexual differences between her and home, between the liberal sex I'd found and the stifling attitude of home. How to deal with the boys here might have been another topic, maybe Xen would tell me.

When I got back Kenval and Bem had turned up, I greeted them and walked past to help myself to a fresh brew. They were, as usual, talking about tonight's entertainment. I sat back and reran my earlier talk with Rash, she was offering something I would have leapt at a few yesterdays ago.

"Dav," Xen interrupted my thoughts. "Do you want to go queue for dinner, it can't be long now?"

She was leaning across Cal, who was also looking and waiting for my answer.

"Yeh, why not make an early start."

The hall was near empty, there were only a few of the younger students around and a lone acolyte marked out by his robes. When we were sat down with our meals in front of us Xen broke her silence.

"You know Rash is fond of you?" she asked looking at me.

"No, you surprise me, I haven't seen it in her." I replied, taking a fork full.

"You were her first lover, she trusts you, thinks you are one of the few people she can rely on."

"Her first lover?" chimed in Cal.

"I think she's a little bit frightened and disheartened that this is not as she thought it would be," continued Xen. "Stay with her if you can, help her till she finds her feet here."

"She's already asked me to help this afternoon when she goes to see the bank manager."

"Just as well. We also talked of how different sex was here, about our taking Arabesca," she said with a smile of remembrance on her lips. "There's more but you need to learn it from her."

"Was she a virgin as well," Cal asked.

"Technically yes, but she had no maidenhead."

"You were the first unchaperoned boy she'd spent time with," Xen added.

"Did she tell you the whole story? About how she and Miri kidnapped me."

"No, I sensed there was a lot she didn't tell me." She replied.

"I hope things work out for her but she still thinks like a Princess, and I suspect she is a little naive about dealing with those who think themselves her betters. She wants me to stay with her, there's a possibility that her father, the King, might try to abduct her." I said.

12