RavMe Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry. Guess I wanted you to know what I'm missing out on," he teased.

"Why can't you just sit nice with a girl and talk? What happened to the genteel art of spooning with quiet walks under the cherry trees and sharing a hot fudge sundae down at the corner drugstore? Huh?" She shot him a challenging look and considered how the masked stranger sitting beside her could swiftly whip her senseless. Yet for some strange reason, perhaps out of simple need, she felt she could trust him.

"I can, and I have, but..." he let it dangle before her.

"But what?"

"I find vanilla a very boring flavor."

"What the hell does that mean?"

He didn't answer. He drank down his beer and stood up. "I'm afraid I must take my leave. I've got promises to keep and miles to go before, you know..."

"Something to do with sleep, right?"

"Right." He walked toward the door. "You'd better go back and talk with Karillian on Monday. Or..." he led her down a dubious thought trail.

"Or what?"

"We're having a munch tomorrow. He's certain to be there," he enticed.

Kelly crossed her arms. "And what exactly is a munch?"

"It's a very informal meeting of people into fantasy role-playing over a bite to eat. I'm sure you'll learn a lot and enjoy a nice dinner to boot."

Kelly slowly but adamantly shook her curly carrot top.

"Monday's better for you, huh?"

"Much. Besides, I got an awards ceremony to attend that I nearly entirely forgot about."

"What award?"

"Oh, something I was nominated for months ago when I submitted a graphic design to a magazine contest. It's teensy-weensy potatoes when you compare it to big ones like the Tonies or Oscars."

"Well then, I bid you good luck as well as good night." He took her hand and raised it to his lips for a gentle kiss. He was mildly surprised she didn't jerk it away.

"Oh, wait a minute. What about this?" She pointed to the box in the plastic sack.

He rubbed the side of his nose. "Gosh, I forgot. Those are for you, in apology of my, er, tying you up the other night. Open it."

Kelly pulled the box from the bag and removed the sleek cover. Inside was a lovely arrangement of orchids and callow-lilies. "They're lovely." She went to her cupboard to find a tall glass that could serve as a vase. "I hope this will--" She heard the door creak slowly shut. "—do." She turned to look where he was standing, but he was gone.

12