RavMe Ch. 05-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You," was all she could produce in the way of recognition. She walked over and plunked down on her shredded mattress. "I can't believe you'd play a blind beggar and take ten bucks off of me."

"I bought us dinner with your money. Look in your box."

Kelly bit her lip and turned to look toward the taped-up window.

The man in the head bandage and tattered hooded fleece reached down to pick up a bag containing various cartons of takeout Chinese. He opened the boxes and set them on the bed then handed her a pair of chopsticks.

"My, how generous of me," she snidely commented. He slipped a biteful of lo-mein through the slits of bandages covering his mouth.

Kelly ate in spite of her knotted-up stomach. She had gone all day without so much as a stale saltine pilfered from a sidewalk café.

"Oh, I forgot." He stood up and walked to the fridge where he pulled it open and brought out a six-pack of beer.

"I suppose the drinks are on me too."

"Naw, I forked out for these." He opened one, passed it to her, then took one for himself.

"So, times must be hard in the business world."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, you're panhandling for lunch money, and I'm out on my skinny Kentucky behind."

"So I gathered." He nodded toward the box. She chugged back a desperate draft. "Yeah, and my bank account's cleaned out, my credit is fucked, and my own mother is too busy mulling about in her bottle of bourbon to... to..." she launched into a barrage of tears. She finished the beer and threw the bottle into the wall. She reached into the box and pulled out items to further hurl in her rage. Her music CDs sailed into the shadows and crashed. Her portfolio flew across the floor in a scattering of prints. Her hairbrush caromed off the ceiling and onto the floor. She was about to hurdle the trophy at the mirror of the dresser when a sturdy grip bracketed her wrist.

"Stop," he said. He pried the shiny metal flame from her hand and set it gently on the nightstand where the tacky lamp used to stand.

"I don't even have a frickin' lamp anymore," she sobbed heavily.

The intruder set to picking up the abused items to put them back in the box. His eyes fixed on a small rectangular medallion attached to a fine silver chain caught in the hairbrush.

"What's that?" Kelly asked.

"You don't know?"

"Let me see it." She reached up and took the vertical pendant in her fingers. "It looks like Trisha's necklace."

"Where did you get it?" he asked.

"She must've cleaned out my desk and it got caught and fell in the box." She snorted with derision, "I noticed Detective Kaine with the same type of pendant on her charm bracelet. Go figure."

He took it from her and set it on the nightstand. "So, are you quite through punching the walls?"

Kelly took a bite of the oriental grub and regained her strength. "Guess I should conserve my energy for more constructive endeavors like finding a new job." She plopped the chopsticks into a swell of brown noodles and sighed. "At least Brad was nice enough to offer to write me a recommendation. Do you think he meant it or was it simple lip service?"

He slid a pinch of shrimp into his mouth and asked, "Brad?"

"Yeah, a nice guy I worked with, but now..." She suddenly regarded her lunch as though it were toxic waste.

He looked at her though the black lenses and said, "My advice. Don't trust him. In fact, stay clear of him completely."

"And what would you know about it?" Kelly felt her irritation rise on a wave of glucocides and glutimates. "Is there something you're not telling me here? What do you want from me, huh? Why are you constantly tailing me like a drooling hound dog out to hump my leg? Why are you wreaking havoc in my life? You cost me my job. You cost me my credibility with the authorities. Aaarg!" She drew back and threw the carton of wormy noodles in a long pass across the room.

"Hey! You didn't have to waste perfectly good carryout!" He raised his hands just in time to fend off a dousing of sweet-and-sour pork. The contents spilled onto the bed. He grabbed her arms. "What is wrong with you? I'm here to help you."

Kelly struggled against him. "Help me, my skinny Kentucky behind. You tricked me into thinking you were some homeless bum. You stalled the other night so that your accomplice could come in and ransack the place."

"So, I pretended to be a blind burn victim. So what? Did it ever occur to you that I might have been watching over you as you went to work and went home?" He forced her arms down to her sides and pinioned them to the mattress.

Kelly kicked at him. "You ran out on me when that guy attacked me and made me look crazy to the police."

He wrestled her back onto the mattress. "What's more important? The fact I saved you from that maniac or an indolent police officer's cynical outlook on your moral rectitude? At least give me --"

"Then you had the audacity to kiss me!" she harped from under his weight.

"--credit for realizing something foul was afoot and coming to your res--" He caught up with her last accusation. "Did I?"

"Did you what?"

"Kiss you?"

"Yes, now let me go, or I'll scream bloody murder." She twisted in his grip.

"Go ahead. Who's going to respond in this building?"

"Mrs. Shumaker down the hall. She's well tuned to the weird goings on in this apartment!"

"Well, I'll have you know that I spoke with the super, who is the one who let me in by the way, especially after I told him I was your brother just returned from Walter Reed hospital after having my face destroyed while serving in Iraq. He told me the kindly old lady was visiting her sister in New Haven all week. So, be my guest and raise the roof." The dark glasses concealed the truth of his claim. Kelly ceased her remonstrations rather than risk undergoing a very unpleasant and unimaginable experience at his hands.

"That's better." He sat up and straightened the layers of gauze covering his face. He set a hand on her sobbing body. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be menacing. I just need you to settle down and trust me."

Kelly clammed up. Tears rolled quietly down her cheeks.

"With all the commotion, I nearly forgot." He reached inside the pocket of his jacket.

"Please, I don't want to see any more shit about kinky scenes or--" Kelly looked down to find a shiny new cell phone glinting at her. "What's this?"

"You need a phone, so I got this for you. It's a pre-pay with a hundred dollars' worth of minutes on it."

Kelly pushed it back. "No, I can't take that from you."

"Why not?"

"It wouldn't be right."

"I took ten bucks from you. Why can't you take this from me?"

"I don't think the value is exactly equal."

"Look, here's the charger. I want to you to keep it charged and leave it on. That way I can call to check in on you instead of scaring you out of your wits all the time. You can call your family in Kentucky anytime too."

"What would be point of that now?" She turned away in her shame over the incident with her mother.

He set the phone and charger on the nightstand and spoke softly. "Kelly, I'll see to it that you get a new job and a place where no one hurts you again. I promise."

"Oh, really?" she sneered.

"Yes, really." He zeroed in with disarming sincerity.

"I wish I could believe that, but..."

"But what?"

"How can I trust a person who won't let me see his face or even give me a name to call him by? How do I know you're not a wanted felon? You scare me, mister, with your weird costumes and stalking ways." She drew her arms tight about her to fend off an unseasonable chill.

His bandages fluttered in a puff of air jettisoned from his lips. "I assure you I'm not wanted. I wish I could reveal who I am but I can't, not at this time."

"Why not? You a secret agent with the CIA?"

"Let me just say the reason I have to keep my identity hidden is because of my prominent social status."

"Oh, so you're a king."

He smiled at her quip. "No, just a high-profile case. Can I ask you to accept that for now?"

"As much as I can accept being clothes-less, credit-less, and jobless," she fretted.

"Here. Take this too," he said and stood up.

She looked up and asked, "What's this then?"

"It's your ten bucks back along with a little interest." He set a wad of bills in the cup of her hand and moved toward the door.

Kelly gingerly unwound the bills and counted five showing the number one followed by two zeroes on them. "No way. I can't take this." She got up to hand it back to him. "I could never--" She looked up to se the door closing shut. She ran to catch him in the hall but he was nowhere to be seen. "How does a burned up Iraqi vet come up with this kind of dough? I guess begging's not such a bad business," she jibed to the faces of Franklin glaring at her with their wry smirks .

...Keep following this story. Next, Kelly falls prey to a conspiracy too sadistic to imagine...

12