Rayne Ch. 13

Story Info
Fantasy Romance.
3.4k words
4.7
17.2k
8

Part 13 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/23/2022
Created 04/21/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rayne took the stairs two at a time so great was his hurry to reach Gabriella's side. Once outside the door he hesitated, so much to say yet he knew not what to say. For the first time in his life he was filled with fear; fearful of so many things. What condition mentally and emotionally would she be in? Had Torquemada subjected her to so much torture that she would turn from him as well? Was her mind so shattered that she would have no recollection of him, of their time together? His hand mid-way to the door knob he stood transfixed as if rooted to the spot.

He stood so long lost in his thoughts that Maria, with the help of Navia reached the top of the stairs and brushed past him into the room. He followed quietly behind, stopping just inside the door and leaning with his back against the door frame, taking in the scene before him. Maria reached Gabriella's side and Navia stood at the foot of the bed. Maria reached out a weathered old hand and brushed aside the hair that lay across Gabriella's face. Gabriella's eyes flickered open, and focused on the face belonging to the hand that caressed her face. Recognition flashed in her eyes and a smile graced her lovely lips.

She breathed, more than said "Maria..."

It was more of an endearment than a question and the old woman who had waited so long to hear words come from the girl she loved so deeply as she would have a child of her own flesh and blood stood with tears of joy coursing down her cheeks.

"Si' quidera, it is your Maria."

Gabriella lay looking into her face just taking it in for a long moment before noticing the beautiful your woman at the foot of the bed. With the question clearly on her face Maria spoke up.

"This is Navia; she has helped me care for you all these long months."

Gabriella focused her gaze on the woman and Navia ducked her head, suddenly very shy.

"Thank you" a simple heartfelt sentence that bespoke volumes more than words ever could.

Navia, a little more at ease spoke in her melodic island voice "you're welcome, it was no trouble."

Gabriella remembered the sound of this voice, when she had slept and dreamt and floated on the clouds high above. It was the sound of this voice that had kept her from giving up. The sound of it had been so soothing from the troublesome and painful memories that she had hid from for so long. She didn't know where she was or how this woman came to help care for her, but she would be eternally grateful. She laid quietly, all these thoughts flitting through her mind, and then, unbidden came the remembrance of another. The man she had loved with all her heart that she had tried so hard to protect from the madman that had tormented her so savagely. She turned questioning eyes back to Maria, and so low that it took a moment for the question to register, she spoke.

"Rayne?" She was half afraid of what the answer would be. Surely all that she had endured had not been in vain. What good had it been for her to cling to life so vicariously if it had been for naught?

Maria looked towards Navia and beyond and Gabriella followed the line of her gaze. Navia stepped aside and suddenly there he was, seemingly filling the room with his very presence. Rayne, her eyes feasted on his handsome visage. He looked just as she had remembered him. It was that vision that had forced her to cling to life, to not give up during the long nights in the hold of the floating prison. It was the memories of his lovemaking and the promise of all that he would teach her that had caused her to endure the long days of rape and torture. She wanted to look into his eyes, but was afraid of what she would see. She couldn't abide it if there was pity or worse there. But, Gabriella was no coward and with a deep breath, she allowed her eyes to reach his and was jolted by the intense look there. A look filled with worry, pain, fear and most of all love.

Rayne had been so fearful that she would have no recollection of him, or far worse, she would reject him and his love. But instead he saw mixed emotions, but the strongest was love. He moved forward on feet that were slow to move, not even realized that he walked until he reached her side. He reached out a hand to stroke her face, a face that registered recognition that looked more beautiful that he had ever dreamt possible. Made all the more so by just the emotions displayed across it. He leaned forward his face even with hers, his lips brushing across her forehead, across her eyelids and finally claiming her lips in a kiss so gentle that it was like butterfly wings brushing them.

Maria and Navia left the room leaving them to continue their emotional reunion in private. But neither Gabriella nor Rayne even noticed their departure. She breathed in the scent of him, as he sat on the bed, gathering her in his arms. His hands tangled in her hair as he rained kissed all over her face and lips. He had been afraid this day would never happen and he was indeed a happy man. Gabriella wanted to touch his face, stroke his hair, kiss his lips, this was what had kept her alive, for deep in her heart she had known that if there was any way possible Rayne would find her and save her. She had put her trust in the man she loved and he had not let her down.

There were no words spoke, they didn't need words between them right now, they only needed the touch of one another for now. Rayne swept back the covers and lifted Gabriella into his arms and strode out onto the balcony and sprawled into a chair pulling her into his lap and cradling her in his arms. Holding her as if he would never let her go. The twilight had started to fall, and stars began to twinkle in the sky. The sound of the waves on the beach far below were soothing, the breezes were soft, kissing her skin, the scent of tropical flowers hung heavy on the air. She tucked her head under Raynes chin and stoked his chest and at long last she spoke.

"I have dreamed of this moment for so long, and clung to it as fiercely as I knew how. Fearful that you wouldn't want me after all that Torquemada did to me. If you don't, I will understand, not many men would."

She looked up into Raynes face, and was surprised to see wet tracks glistening on his handsome face. Tears flowed from his beautiful blue eyes and a sob tore from his chest.

"Not want you? I felt as if I were dead when I thought I had lost you. I searched the seas and pushed my men till most would have dropped from exhaustin to find you. And that mad man will never hurt another living soul. I dispatched him straight to the gates of hell, and even that was too good for him. If I could only have found you before he had a chance to..."

Gabriella hushed him with a kiss, deep and searing.

"It is done, and it is over. I am just grateful that you found me and ended my lifelong torture. Let's never speak of him again."

Rayne led her from the balcony back to the room, and laid her gently on the bed, climbing in beside her. He wanted more than anything in the world to make love to her but felt it was too soon, so he held her and caressed her face until they both fell asleep. They slept the deep sleep of those who are deeply content and in love.

When the morning sun slanted across the horizon he lay sleeping deeply as she gazed at him, enjoying the chance to just watch him. His eyes flickered open and he was looking straight into Gabriella's smiling green eyes.

"Good Morning mi' amore" she whispered.

A smile curved the corners of his sensuous lips as he kissed her good morning. Rayne knew that his body would react quickly to Gabriella lying next to him, and that if he didn't get out of the bed soon, he wouldn't be able to control his natural desire to make love to her. He slid from the bed and promised to return soon. By the time he returned, Gabriella had wandered out to the balcony and stood with the morning breezes ruffling her hair and making the thin white gown cling to her body. The sight was feast for his eyes and his body. He felt himself quicken at the sight and quickly averted his gaze to safer fodder. He crossed to room to the balcony and sat the breakfast tray on the low table and they sat one on each side of the table to break their fast.

"Tell me about this place. It's so beautiful and you seem to be so at ease here."

Rayne knew he would have to tell her about Navia and hoped it wouldn't affect the natural affection the two women had formed.

"This is my home my island. I found this island with only a handful of people living here eking out a living when I left England."

"Why did you leave England?"

Rayne hesitated and decided that she deserved to know the truth, the whole truth about him, so he began the tale that seemed to come from so far in the past. He left out no detail, even the truth about Simone. He could have chuckled at the fiercely possessive look in her eyes over that part of the story. Then there was sadness over the part about Lionel and their quarrel. But understanding as the story progressed and he explained Lionels controlling nature. There were smiles over his childhood and the soft look he got when he spoke of his mother and father. When she learned of Navies' role in Raynes life she expressed curiosity and hope that Navia would remain a part of their lives. When the story was finished she asked to see his island, which so far she had only seen from the balcony.

Rayne told her that he felt she could use a little rest he didn't want her overly tired, and that if she would agree to rest he would take her for a ride in the afternoon and show her the island. She reluctantly agreed, feeling completely rested, but knowing Rayne would have his way. So, she laid on the chaise lounge and napped the rest of the morning away.

At lunch Navia and Maria arrived with a tray and she asked if they would stay and join her for lunch. Navia was shy and now Gabriella understood why. But over the course of lunch Navia seemed to relax quite a bit and Gabriella engaged her in telling her more about the island. You could tell by her words and vivid descriptions that she greatly loved this island and the people, her people that lived there.

Rayne arrived as promised and insisted on carrying her down the stairs. From the chaise lounge he swept her effortlessly into his arms and strode confidently down the stairs and out to the awaiting carriage. The carriage carried the crest of Quinhurst and had richly appointed leather seats. The matched bays pulling it were exquisite animals and responded to the lightest of touches. Over the next two hours he drove Gabriella over the island and pointed out the busy shipyard and workers loading and unloading cargo. There were fields with crops in them with field men and women busy at their tasks. There were happy dark skinned children playing around small well built thatch topped huts both along the beaches and up into the rolling hills in the middle of the island.

"When you are stronger there is a place I want to take you. It is my favorite place on the island."

Gabriella knew she would like that, sharing something that was special to Rayne, and knew instinctively that it would become special for her as well.

As much as Gabriella hated to admit it, the ride had tired her out, which in turn frustrated her, for she wasn't nearly ready for the ride to be over, but knew she would accomplish nothing arguing. Besides, he was right, she didn't want to over-do it her first time out of the house. She had not realized how weak she was. Gabriella was not used to so much inactivity.

They returned to the house to be greeted by Maria.

"Chica, there is a glowing blush in your cheeks; this outing has been good for you."

But she could tell Gabriella was tired and she whisked her up the stairs clucking all the way about her doing too much too soon. Gabriella sank down into the enormous slipper tub Rayne had moved to her room and relaxed amongst the warm scented water. She soaked for over an hour before Navia arrived with a beautiful gown for her. It was not elaborate, very simple watered silk in emerald, very low cut and trimmed in black lace.

When she had finished helping her dress she told her that Rayne had requested that their dinner be set up on the balcony. So, Gabriella wandered out to the balcony enjoying the evening breezes that seemed to kiss her skin and calm her soul. She never heard him enter the room and was surprised by the soft kiss along her shoulder where he placed it. He wrapped her in his strong arms and just held her close inhaling deeply of the scent of her.

Navia appeared with their meal of island fare. There was blacked fish with a rice dish, fresh vegetables from the massive gardens, fresh greens and tomatoes with freshly made oil vinaigrette dressing lightly drizzled over it. There was a basket of freshly baked rolls that smelled mouthwatering. There was a bottle of wine that had a full bodied bouquet that was perfect with the fish.

Gabriella hadn't realized just how hungry she was until Rayne chuckled at her tucking away her food. She blushed profusely and started to apologize when he assured her he enjoyed watching her eat. When Navia cleared away the remains of their meal, she left a bowl of berries the perfect sweet accompaniment to the meal. Rayne had her join him on the chaise where he held her closely and fed her the berries evoking a memory of another meal they had shared in what seemed a lifetime ago.

Gabriella turned in his arms to look up into his face. She reached up and caressed his face, closing her eyes as her hand touched his face as if memorizing every detail of him to her heart. Rayne's nerves were stretched tight as he could no longer control his needs. He claimed her lips in a soft kiss that quickly deepened into a passionate demanding kiss that ignited her feelings and spiraled out of control. Her hunger for him fed on the kisses and caresses. Rayne didn't know how much more he could take and still be able to stop. Gabriella sensed his hesitation and breathed her plea.

"Rayne, make love to me. Finish what you started so long ago. I feel like I have waited a lifetime for this moment!"

He needed no further encouragement and lifted her into his arms and strode to the bed, laying her gently on the large bed. He joined her there kicking off his boots and resumed the searing, breath stealing kisses. His hands roamed at leisure over her body, caressing through her gown her breasts causing her nipples to harden into tiny pebble-like buds. A deep moan built in her throat burst from her lips as she began an exploration of her own, of his body. Somewhat timidly at first but quickly emboldened by his caresses and her mounting need. With his help she pulled his shirt off giving her free rein of his chest.

She became the aggressor, pushing him onto his back and spreading hot moist kisses across his face, neck and across his chest. Her pearly white teeth worried his nipples and to her delight they too ruches like her own had. Rayne slid her gown off her shoulders and made short work of it, adding it to the mounting pile of clothes beside the bed. His eyes feasted on the beauty of her body, and he kissed and caressed each and every scar left behind on her body as if he could remove the memories by his touch. His breeches joined the pile of clothes and his manhood sprang free, standing proudly from his body, engorged by his desire. The size seemed enormous to Gabriella, but she felt no fear, for she knew he would never hurt her. She hesitantly reached out her hand to caress his hardness and was surprised at the odd combination of rock hardness and satiny smoothness like hot, hard silk. At her touch it involuntarily jumped and she was amazed at the sensitivity and her power to create such a reaction.

Rayne took a ragged breath and managed to rasp out "Gabriella, I am at the point of no return, I won't be able to stop myself if you continue to touch me like this."

"I don't want you to stop; I never want you to stop!"

That was like music to his ears, and with a growl he rolled her to her back and began in earnest to arouse her. His hands caressed her breasts, quickly followed by his mouth. His tongue flicking over her nipples creating elicit responses from Gabriella. The feelings evoked a fire that swirled deep in her belly, radiating heat throughout her body. Her back arched not wanting his mouth to leave her breasts, her hands tangled in his long mane of blue black hair pulling him ever closer. He nibbled and licked his way down her belly, her warm skin driving him insane with need. The musky smell of her womans center egged him ever downward until his lips brushed across her mons covered in soft raven curls. He parted her hidden jewel box and slowly and deliberately flicked his tongue over her hidden jewel causing her body to jerk involuntarily in response. He began to nuzzle her and lick and suck until she felt she would lose her mind. She seemed to not have any control over her own body, it solely responded to his touch causing involuntary reactions and she made soft mewling sounds which escalated in response to her impending climax. He felt her wetness on his face and her cries of release told him she had climaxed. Rayne gave her only moments to catch her breath and when she would have reached out to do the same to him, he stopped her, telling her he could wait no longer to make her truly his. Gabriella understood that his need was even greater than hers had been. He rolled to his back taking her with him, she instinctively moved over him, and he held her perfectly still as he slid her down the hard length of his pulsating shaft. Her eyes opened wide at the full feeling and she was consumed with feeling all of him inside of her, but he controlled her movements as best he could, not wanting to hurt her in any way. But Gabriella had a mind of her own and she bucked her hips seating him full into her.

She rocked her hips and Rayne thrust upwards, the feeling was all that he had thought and more. For the first time in his life it wasn't just a sex act, it was driven by love. They were lost in the throbbing pulsating feelings that swirled around them, consuming them. Gabriella bucked wildly as did Rayne and they both reached the edge of the precipice and hung there for a space of a moment before tumbling over wild cries erupting from them both. Gabriella collapsed on his chest, exhausted and completely satiated for the first time in her life. Arms wrapped around each other, bodies pressed tightly together they both fell into the sleep of lovers with the moonlight caressing their bodies the stars twinkling overhead.