Recovery of a Hero Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Roadbug
Roadbug
120 Followers

Uncle Dar told the hostess, "I'd like something for a toast. I'm here to celebrate with because these young ladies here," he said while gesturing at Ellen and Nancy, "have this day become my adopted daughters and I'd like something that we can all drink a toast with."

The hostess said, "I have just the thing. We have a nice sparkling cider for our younger patrons here that is quite good."

"Perfect," said Uncle Dar. I'd like six glasses of it please."

When the hostess had brought the drinks, Uncle Dar picked his up and said, "I would like to make this toast in honor of my new daughters and to the other three of you who are daughters of my heart. To you whom I love above all else."

We raised our glasses, and I saw that I wasn't the only one who had a tear or two in her eyes. Uncle Dar was in my heart and always would be. So were Ellen and Nancy whom he'd adopted as his legal daughters. Shelly and Sandra too, were my best friends and I loved all four of them like sisters.

After we drank the toast Uncle Dar said, "You can have whatever you want to eat. Don't skimp because of price. I can afford it. This is a special dinner and I want you to remember it for a long time."

I said, "Even if it was just tuna sandwiches and some lemonade, I would never forget."

Just being here with my five best friends is enough to make it unforgettable" I continued. I picked up my glass again and said, "I'd like to propose a toast now. To Uncle Dar who gave me my life without regard to the cost to himself and to my four best friends whom I love as sisters. Thank you for being my friends."

The others made the toast and put down their glasses. Nancy said, "I don't want to make a toast. I just want to say that I appreciate the friends I have now and to thank you for being there when I needed you most. I also want to thank you Daddy Dar."

Ellen said "I agree. Thank you all and thank you Daddy Dar."

Uncle Dar looked uncomfortable for a second and then said, "You don't have to call me daddy or dad or anything like that. I can't replace your parents and I don't intend to try. I'll try to be a father to you and do the best I can, but you don't have to call me that if you don't want to."

Ellen said, "I don't expect you to replace Mom and Dad, but your still Daddy Dar to me."

Nancy said, "You gave us the chance to stay together. It was you who talked to George and Janice and it was you who prevented CPS from taking us away and maybe splitting us up. Thank you daddy Dar."

I said, "It was you who saved my life and it was you who saved my big brothers life. Thank you Daddy Dar."

Sandra said, "You've always been kind to us and have never said anything about us being around so much. You saved the life of one of my best friends and you sat and held my hand and told me that she'd be all right at the hospital. You gave me hope when I didn't have any. Thank you Daddy Dar."

Last was Shelly, and she said "I can't think of anything to add to that except thank you for what you've done and for being a friend. Thank you Daddy Dar. I love you."

We all said, "I love you Daddy Dar."

He looked at each of us one at a time and smiled. Then he said, "Daughters of my heart in truth." He didn't say anything else for a moment, and then said, "All right, this is a celebration for all of us. Lets celebrate."

He picked up his menu but not before I saw that it wasn't just us girls with a few tears in our eyes.

We had a very good meal and when we were finished, Uncle Dar said, "Ok, It's about time we went out and met Megan so I can keep my promise to her."

I said, "How bout having desert here? I don't think there's a better place in town, and the food was very good. I bet that the deserts are at least as good."

Uncle Dar said, "Ok, then your elected to go out and wait for her and bring her in since it's your idea. And since I can't smoke in here, you can just push me out for a smoke while we wait for her."

I got up and walked around the table and grabbed his chair.

After helping him into it, I pushed him back to the front where he had me stop at the Hostess station and told the woman there, "I need another chair for my table if possible, please. I think I'll have another guest joining my party for desert. And please bring desert menu's. I'll be going out side for a smoke while I wait for my last guest."

The woman said, "Yes sir. How was your meal?"

Uncle Dar said, "I don't know about the girls, but I was very satisfied. Very well done."

The hostess said, "Thank you sir. I'll let the chef know that you're pleased."

"Thank you," said Uncle Dar.

I took him out side, and he had a smoke while we waited for Megan. I still had a bit of trouble thinking of her that way, but I was getting used to it. The real hard part would probably be calling her Coach or Mrs. Coulter next fall when school started.

She pulled up and parked as Uncle Dar finished his cigarette. He put it out in an ashtray by the door, and we went over to the van.

Megan opened the window when we got there and said, "All done?"

Uncle Dar said, "Not quite. We're missing one person for desert. I had a very wise young lady suggest that we have it here as the food was so good. Would you be kind enough to join us?"

Megan smiled and rolled up her window. When she got out I was surprised to see that she had on a dress that matched the ones that Ellen, Nancy and I had worn today. It was a beautifully cut dress with matching shoes. I looked at her and said, "I hope I'm as beautiful as you when I'm older."

She looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it. You already are beautiful and you look gorgeous in that dress. Don't waste your time waiting for something that's already here youngster."

I smiled at the compliment and said, "Thank you."

She said, "You don't need to thank me for telling the truth. You look so much like your mother now that it hurts sometimes to see you. But you are your own person too and I love you for that."

I hugged her and said, "You really think I look like mom? But she was so pretty. I don't think I'm nearly as pretty as she was."

Megan said, as she hugged me back, "You look like she did when I first met her. She was only a bit older than you are now, and a bit taller, but other than that you could be her twin. You really do look like her. Take my word for it cause teachers and coaches never lie. At least not to friends."

She let me go and said, "And now to quote something that five girls keep repeating all the time when you're around for some reason, my turn." She walked around to the back of Uncle Dar's wheelchair and pushed him back in side.

We had a wonderful desert and we talked for a long time. Since the restaurant wasn't very busy, the staff didn't say any thing about us staying so long. After we finished, Uncle Dar took out his wallet and put his bank card into the little wallet like book the bill was in and sent it back when the waiter came by again to refill our drinks.

When the Hostess brought back the receipt for Uncle Dar to sign, he must have added a big tip because when the hostess looked at it she smiled and said, "Thank you very much sir."

Uncle Dar said, "Thank you for an excellent meal and an even better desert. That was truly spectacular cake."

The hostess said, "We make all our pastries and other baked goods ourselves. I'll tell the chef that you were pleased with your meal."

Uncle Dar said, "Yes, tell him that please. I'm quite satisfied. He asked the rest of us, "How about the rest of you?"

We all agreed whole heartedly. It really had been a wonderful meal.

We left the restaurant and went out to the van. Megan and I helped Uncle Dar into the front and I helped him get his seat belt on, then I climbed in back with the other girls.

Megan got in and said, "Where to next?"

Uncle Dar said, "I think we should take Shelly and Sandra home so they can show their parents that they haven't been kidnapped and let them deal with the sugar rush when it hits."

Megan laughed and said, "Coward. Ok, two for home. Then what?"

"I think that it should be the same for me now too. I'm a bit worn out and Sally should be getting to bed soon too. She isn't quite over trying to test the hardness of her skull yet. At least she didn't break the diving board before I'm well enough to use it."

Everybody laughed at that except for me. I was a bit busy turning red and glaring at Uncle Dar. "I said, boy are you going to get it."

"Promises promises," he said. That time I laughed too.

We took Shelly and Sandra home, and then Megan took us home.

When we got there, George came out and helped Megan get Uncle Dar into his chair. I was a bit wobbly, so Ellen and Nancy each grabbed one of my arms and helped me up to the house while Megan pushed Uncle Dar up the ramp and we went inside.

We went back to the old Den and Ellen and Nancy helped me get ready for bed. I was really tired by then so I didn't argue about the help.

After I got into bed, I must have fallen asleep right away as I don't remember anything else until the next morning.

I woke up and felt much better so I got up and put my robe over my PJ's and went out into the main room. Uncle Dar was still in bed, I thought because his chair was next to his door. Ellen and Nancy were asleep on the floor by the couch. I snuck over to Uncle Dar's room and looked in.

He was reading a book when I peaked in but he noticed me and said, "Good morning munchkin. Sleep well?"

I said, "Yes, very. Want a cup of coffee?"

He said, "No, not right now. I just want to read for a bit and relax. I'm worn out from yesterday."

I said, "Ok. The others are asleep on the floor by your couch, so I'll go into my room and watch t.v. till they wake up. I'll leave the intercom on so if you need something just buzz me. I think we should let them sleep as long as they want today."

"Good idea, munchkin," Uncle Dar said. "I bet that they're worn to a frazzle emotionally and sleep is the best therapy for them right now. If I get bored I've got a laptop and internet, so go ahead and watch t.v. I don't need anything and it won't be long before Janny comes in to check the leg anyway. Go rest."

That's how the day went for us. We were all tired for one reason or another, so the four of us took it easy for the rest of the day. It was nice to have a day, for a change, when something wasn't going on that had to be dealt with immediately.

I hoped we'd have more days like that.

This ends chapter 13.

Chapter 14 follows with Sally continuing the story.

Roadbug
Roadbug
120 Followers
12