Red vs Wolfe Ch. 10

Story Info
More comes to light.
3.5k words
4.5
28.1k
26
Story does not have any tags

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 05/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sasha sat next to Marti as they drove to the hospital. The two briefly spoke, mostly just hushed words, questions about how Marti was feeling. Her head seemed to still be bothering her, but over all she seemed to be in good spirits. There was a look in her eyes; one that Sasha had not seen in a long time, and wondered if that was because of Viktor. The two had been spending time together so it was a possibility. Hell, Sasha thought, these days there was more possibilities then she had every thought.

Just when Sasha thought to tell Marti of the connection she and Ehrik now shared, Viktor said someone was following them. She turned her head, looked back and saw a dark SUV. It was hard to tell they if it were true but something happened between Ehrik and Viktor, something passed between them and Sasha felt it. Sudden she gripped Marti's arm, there was a man that flashed before her eyes, a man with Jeanie.

"Jeanie," she yelled.

Ehrik's eyes focused on his mate, a growl deep within his throat. He did not like the way she had yelled Jeanie's name. There was a pain and distress in her voice. He watched her, waiting for her eyes finally to open. Thankfully, he did not have to wait long. Her green eyes once again found his, assuring him she was all right.

"What happened?" he asked her, taking her hand in his as he turned in his seat.

"Jeanie, there was a man with her. He was big, dark hair, dark eyes. He was holding onto her. He whispered something to her and then he looked up. It was as if he could see me. He said he was coming for me," she said, her voice trembling.

Ehrik knew whom she had seen. His brother had somehow found Jeanie. The question was what did he want with her? Was it just some ploy to get to him? He immediately knew that Draiden had caused the accident. There was no doubt in his mind that he was behind the SUV that was following them also.

"She will be okay Agape, I promise you," he said before kissing her hand.

He looked quickly into the mirror and the SUV was turning. He did not understand what was going on. What his brother wanted with his love's friends, it made no sense. He looked to Viktor and gave a signal to drive faster. If his brother was at the hospital, or going to be there he wanted to catch him.

***

Draiden had decided his mate was worth it. He made it into the hospital and into her room. He watched her lying there, in and out of sleep. There was a smile on her lips and he could not believe his own joy. His hardened heart was no longer. Just being in the room with her had softened him.

"Who are you?" she barely whispered, her voice floating around him and caressing his skin.

He let the sound sink into him; it was soft and sweet just what he imagined her voice sounding like. Now he could not wait to hear more. He wanted her in his arms and whispering his name.

"I'm Draiden, my beautiful one," he said letting his hand caressing her soft pale cheek.

Her eyes closed as his touch sent heat through her body. She could not believe she felt that way while still lying in a hospital bed. She had just been in an accident and was know feeling flush at a man touching her. Well, he was not just any man but a very good-looking tall, dark, and handsome one. The type she never attracted.

"Are you sure that you have the right room?" she said skeptically.

"I'm positive I do little one," he said with a laugh, she really had no idea of her beauty he thought.

"Are you here because of Sasha's friend, Ehrik?" she wondered, finally remembering her friend's newfound boyfriend.

"I know Ehrik, but no he isn't the reason I am here. I am here because of you. You call to me. I couldn't help but answer," he said softly as he leaned down and kissed her cheek.

It was at that moment Draiden felt something, someone looking in on them. He recalled that Sasha had visions. She was probably seeing him and his mate right now. He looked up; right into the light that seemed to be watching them and whispered he was coming for her. Then he gave his attention back to the woman with him. She seemed not even to notice what had happened. Her mind still groggy from the pain medicines she was taking.

"Because of me, I find that very hard to believe. There really is nothing special about me. That is why up have to be mistaken. I'm sure you'll come to your senses soon enough," she said looking away from him. In her mind, she knew there was no way a man would look at her with such passion and desire. They only watched her two best friends like that. She was forever the mousy one of their group. A simple fact she understood and dealt with.

"You are the one who is mistaken Jeanie. I find you irresistible. If you knew the thoughts raging in my mind your blush would even be deeper. I cannot help them. You bring out the animal in me, and you are the only one that can ease it," he said just before pressing his lips to hers.

The kiss was the only way that he could think of to convince her. His mind would not change. Draiden wanted her. He knew he did not have much time; her friends would be there soon. He let those thoughts drift into the fray and concentrated on this woman and her lips. She tasted like a sweet, cooling rain. He drank from her greedily. His tongue teased her full bottom lip, silently begging her to let him in. He nibbled, biting ever so softly. He heard her moan of pleasure and the beast inside him growled its happiness.

His hand found her hair and tangled in the long dark blonde locks. He wanted to bathe in her scent but knew now was not the time. Draiden tried to talk his wolf back down. Not completely caging it but letting it have just a small taste of her. It seemed to be enough now.

"I have to go love," he whispered as he finally pulled his lips from hers. "I will be back, and then I will take you with me."

Jeanie watched the man leave the room, not by the door, but out the balcony. He turned and smiled before jumping off. She tried to look, to see where he went but her head told her no. It began swirling, the room began spinning and so she lay back down. Her fingers pressed to her lips. Had that really just happened? Had that hauntingly attractive man been in her room? Had he really pressed his lips to hers and kissed her senseless?

Her only answer was a resounding yes.

Just then her door opened, Sasha and Marti practically ran through it. Ehrik and some other tall, dark, and brooding man entered. She remembered him from the club but his name was lost to her. The two men moved closer to her friends. She could instantly tell that there was something between them all. It also seemed they were truly worried about her.

"You're alone?" Sasha asked first.

"Yes," she nearly whispered.

"I swore I saw..." Sasha drifted off, her gaze leading to the window. She walked to it and looked out. It was only then she saw those familiar eyes looking back at her. Then he took off.

Sasha watched the streets below and there was no further sign of the man who had been here, the man that had been with her friend. Maybe had even caused her accident. She turned back to see everyone watching her, curious as to her actions. They waited for her to tell them, they knew she would.

"There was a man here Jeanie. Wasn't there?" she asked.

"Yes, only I thought I had imagined him. I thought it was all the drugs," she said softly.

"Do you know who he was?" asked Ehrik, hoping she didn't say the name he dreaded.

"He said his name was Draiden. He said he knew you," Jeanie said as she looked up towards the window. "Who is he? Why did he promise to take me out of here?"

Sasha and Ehrik looked at each other. Sasha was scared for her friend. She wondered if this was Ehrik's brothers' way at getting to him, through her and her friends. She wanted to understand. Her eyes pleaded to Ehrik, begging him silently for two things. Sasha wanted to know the truth of what was going on but not in front of everyone.

"I don't know why Jeanie. I wish that I did. I do promise that nothing will happen to you again," Ehrik told her as he walked up behind his mate.

Jeanie seemed to stare straight out into an abyss of nothing. In her head she heard Draiden. I will take you with me. It didn't frighten her. Instead she was warmed by the thought of being with him. What did that mean? She let out a sigh and was comforted by her friend's hands.

"He won't hurt me you know," she said as everyone looked strangely at her. "I don't know how it is I know I just do. I feel it here in my heart."

No one said anything; the silence in the air was filled with worry about the unknown. Marti was the first to break it as she told her friend how happy she was that they were okay. She'd been so worried wondering when Jeanie would waken. Tears filled their eyes as well as Sasha's.

In the midst of it all Sasha noticed Ehrik and Viktor slipping back into the corner of the room and discussing something. She wanted to slink away to listen but knew her friends needed her support. So she put all her thoughts of what that might be behind her, she would ask him later.

***

"We need to find out why he was here," Ehrik said in hushed tones.

"I will notify Cassie and have her send over a team. I'll make sure they search the area for his scent. Maybe we will get lucky. Do you have any idea why he would show up here," Vik asked.

"I don't. Why Jeanie, unless he is trying to use my mates friends to get to me. It doesn't make any sense been then again I don't think that we are dealing with a man whose in his right mind," Ehrik shrugged.

"He'll regret it should he try to hurt them again," Viktor spoke, his voice laced with pain at the thought of Marti being hurt.

"Does she know how you feel?" Ehrik asked.

"No, I have yet to declare my intentions. I should have told her before this all happened. Now I find myself very protective. I growl at anyone that comes near her for fear they will steal her away from me," Viktor spoke honestly, running his hand through his short hair.

"Do not worry my friend. I think she knows there is something between you both. Women can feel these things. You will have trying to explain to her about yourself though. I simply hope she takes it as well as Sasha has. She has accepted me and the mating ritual that will soon be coming. I want to make sure everyone is safe, she will need that from me," Ehrik said glancing over at Sasha.

It still surprised him that he had found her and she had accepted him so easily. He had thought he would never find her but when he and his wolf had sighed in relief. Even now he was silently praying for a way to keep her protected. His life changed the moment she walked into his club and he was never happier.

"I worry about telling her. More now than ever due to what's happened. I can only hope that she won't turn away. I don't know if I could handle it if she did," Viktor told his alpha.

"Trust in her my friend," was all Ehrik could say. He had had the same worries, the same fears that plagued Viktor. Only time would really tell if she would accept him or not.

***

"Those boys are looking awfully serious over there," Marti spoke softly.

Sasha glanced that way and saw Ehrik's eyes on her. Instantly her body reacted, warming form the inside out. She smiled at him then turned back to her friends. She felt guilty about her happiness. She knew she shouldn't be. Her friends would want this for her. Yet there it was. She could feel joy what Jeanie lay in a hospital bed.

"They have to be up to something," Sasha said.

"Could they know who Draiden is?" Jeanie questioned.

"If I'm right, its Ehrik's brother. His long lost brother to be exact," Sasha told her friends.

Both of the girls were shocked. It was an interesting new development. Mr. Wolfe had a brother. It brought up many more questions. What had happened between them? Why was his brother back? More importantly, what did he want with Jeanie?

"Didn't know he had one," Marti finally said.

"I just found out myself. Ehrik never knew. He's gotten very protective of me since getting a letter," Sasha said with unease.

"So you and Ehrik have been spending a lot of time together I take it," said Jeanie.

"He hasn't let me leave him since your accident. I stayed with him last night, all night. It was very sweet the way he held me," she smiled at her two friends.

They both offered smiles of their own. Both of them knew that it was time for their friend to have true joy. It seemed Ehrik was giving her just that. "We are both happy for you Red. It's been too long since you've smiled," Marti said just as the door to the room opened.

The doctor came in and said hello to everyone. He then went over to Marti and began asking how she was feeling. The girls moved away, giving space to the man and his patient. Everyone was quiet while he talked. Tomorrow Jeannie could leave. That was good news. There would only be some bruising on her skin but other than that she should be okay.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. After the doctor left, the group said their goodbyes and left. Jeannie was tired and need to rest. She felt asleep as soon as they left. Her thoughts, dreams were filled that man that had visited her. She was consumed with him for some reason, a reason she didn't seem to understand.

***

Draiden had waited as long as he could. He had looked up and into the eyes of his brother's mate, then taken off. The time had come to take action. He would make sure his group would be ready. He had found his mate and would soon be taking back what should have been his.

Walking into his home, a chill filled the air. The road that lay ahead wouldn't be easy but then nothing that was worth it ever was. Draiden knew this; it had been etched into his very being. What he wanted was moving ever closer. His thoughts were interrupted by a phone call. Opening his phone he saw it was Joshua, the wolf he had watching the hospital.

"Yes," he spoke.

"I've found out that the girl will be going home tomorrow. Her friends will be picking her up," Joshua told him.

"Very good Joshua, we will be ready then. Come see me when you get back to the estate," he said matter of factly before closing his phone.

It wasn't but fifteen minutes before Joshua came into the room where Draiden was waiting. He could see that his leader was deep in thought, struggling with what was to happen. Having now found his mate and the fact that she was such close friends with his brothers' mate was going to make retribution very difficult. It was not a position he would have wanted to be in. Tough decisions were a part of his pack leaders' life though.

"Joshua, come in. There is much to discuss," Draiden said with a nod.

Sitting down in the chair across from Draiden, Joshua waited for him to continue. He didn't have to wait too long. The plan seemed simple enough. They would take both Jeanie and Sasha when they arrived to take Jeanie home. It would be perfect and unexpected. They would use the window that Draiden had jumped from. He would speak with his packs doctor to get something to help make the kidnapping easier. There would obviously be some sort of distraction to keep Ehrik from sensing any trouble.

"As far as the distraction, let's use a couple of the younger pack members to pull an alarm in the hospital. I think that would direct the attention of Ehrik and Viktor," Draiden said as Joshua nodded.

"I know of the perfect members. They are eager to prove themselves to you. Perhaps pulling of several fire alarms will cause a sufficient distraction for us to get the woman," Joshua added.

"Perfect," Draiden said with an evil smile.

"What do we do if the other friend is there?" asked Joshua.

"I'll make sure to have enough of the drug to help her sleep. That way it will be an easy in and out. Make the arrangements for me," Draiden spoke nodding for Joshua to leave him be.

It was going to be a long night and even longer day. He needed to get his mind right. It kept focusing on his mate rather than the need for revenge that had been driving him up until this point. Surely he couldn't stop, couldn't forget about the pain and suffering he had been given because he wasn't the "golden boy", just because he had found the other half of his soul. Could he?

***

They drove back to the club and the private rooms upstairs. Both girls seemed content to stay the night there. Marti slept in a room close to Victors'; Sasha wondered if there was something between the two of them. She had seen the looks, the way the two of them stared at one another. She knew how that felt. All she hoped for is her friends to be safe and happy, whatever that meant.

Marti crawled into bed with Ehrik and instantly felt his warmth and security around her. Funny how a man can make you feel that way, she thought. Her mind was traveling down different directions. The man she saw, the strange way Jeanie had acted, both made he wonder and worry. She had a feeling it was the other man she had seen in her mind. The dark presence she had felt the other day following her, it had to have been him. She moved her head and looked up the man that protected her so fiercely.

"Ehrik, I'm worried," she whispered.

"I know. I could tell your mind was running in various directions. Tell me what is worrying you. I will do my best to ease your fears," he said as he tenderly stroked her curly red hair.

"Your brother, what does he want with Jeanie? I've tried to wrap my mind around it but can't come up with anything that fits," she told him.

"I think the accident was meant for you. That he wanted to hurt me by hurting you. I believe he thought that you would be in car with your friends. He is trying to break me. Now that I've found you, taking you from me would be the easiest way to do that," Ehrik said as he kissed the top of her head.

"Why come back then? Why go back to her room?" she questioned.

"She is his mate. It's the only thing I can come up. He must be in terrible guilt over the accident. You see hurting you would tear out my heart, even if by accident. This must have caused such a shake up in his mind. I couldn't handle it. How he is I do not know," he spoke sincerely.

"Mates, her and your brother. How? I mean I know how but how? He's evil, wants to hurt you. How can I let her be with him?" she wondered aloud.

"It is not your choice love. I will help her; explain to her what is happening and then it will her choice to make. You can not stop her. We can only hope that whatever troubles my brother works itself out civilly," he sad thoughtfully. "Now rest my love. You need to sleep."

He would worry enough for them both. Whatever was going to happen with his brother needed to happen soon. He could have lost his mate. That wouldn't happen, ever. She would be guarded, her friends protected. Ehrik knew he needed to set up a meeting with his brother, somehow this past of theirs needed to be resolved. He would do that for her.

He had to.