Redemption

Story Info
Unexpected run-in with her past brings one man's redemption.
2.5k words
4.57
18.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Zara sat silently on a bench in the hallway, leaning back into the shadows. She watched a trickle of counselors and dignitaries pass by, none noticing her as she sat, partially hidden by a side table and a dried flower arrangement. She was relieved that she did not have to speak to anyone. The afternoon's long meeting and treatise drafting session had left her with a headache.

To her discomfort, she realized that her hands were shaking. It was not simply the lengthy proceedings that had her hiding away in the shadows. Since he had arrived, Zara had been disquieted whenever General Tarsus was nearby. She dreaded ending up in a personal, one-on-one conversation with him, although she knew it was only a matter of time. At the moment, she felt as if she might just run the other way if confronted with such a thing.

Angry with herself, she clenched her fists against her knees, straightened her arms out, and forced her limbs to cease trembling. It was not that complicated. There was nothing between them, nor was there anything that either should be ashamed of. He had saved her from rape in the prison of Minostaur, by replacing her assailants with himself. She should be grateful for his aid, and nothing more. It had not been exactly intimate.

Yet, when he sat across from her in the counsel rooms, she found herself constantly drawn to look at him—to study his eyes, the subtle expressions he made with his mouth, the way his ebony hair fell about his neck. A few times, he had caught her watching him, glancing in her direction and meeting her eyes for one terrible second. Whenever he did this, her thoughts on the treatise-making disintegrated and she had to look blindly away, shaken.

She had to pull herself together. Zara berated herself; she had made little contribution to the discussions today. She was behaving like an idiot. Resolutely, she got to her feet and started for the stairs. The sun was already setting in a pale blush through the windows and the castle was silent, settling down for a quiet evening. She would go to sleep early, rise a few hours before talks resumed, and head out to the target range for some archery practice to clear her head.

Heading for her rooms, Zara jumped as a voice broke through her thoughts.

"Captain."

She turned. A few paces down the dim-lit hall, Tarsus emerged from a doorway. No longer in full regalia, he wore only a linen shirt and trousers. She felt a blush rising in her cheeks as she noticed where his shirt hung open at the neck, revealing a "V" of his smooth, olive chest. Shaking herself, she greeted him with cold cordiality.

"Good evening, Lord. Have you found your quarters to your liking?"

"Captain Zara, I find them perfect. I was actually about to enquire if you would like to join me for a cup of tea?" Tarsus bowed his head slightly, his polite humility surprising Zara somewhat.

"That is a pleasant offer," she replied uncertainly, hesitating. "I would be glad to," she said at last. It would be rude to refuse him. She walked with him to his chambers, both silent. Inside, she saw that the water was already hot and two mugs were waiting on a table beneath the window. Accepting the mug that he poured for her, she seated herself in one of the wooden chairs. They regarded each other across the table without speaking.

"Zara, I do not know how to speak of this," Tarsus said at last, breaking the silence. "I know your loyalties will always lie with Aenia first and foremost, and with its King. Yet, I have watched you and think you beautiful beyond compare. I have listened to you and know that you are wise. I have witnessed your kindness, felt the light you bring to those around you." He paused and Zara shifted uncomfortably, unsure if she should speak, unnerved by his compliments. "Can you begrudge me wishing?" he whispered. "Can you fault me for wanting to be close to that?" Stuttering, she began to speak, but he interrupted her, suddenly climbing out of his chair to kneel at her feet. "Zara, I am falling in love with you," he told her, almost pleadingly. "I humbly ask if you would be my wife." Zara fell back in her chair, stunned. He remained where he was. Finally, she straightened. Tarsus's face fell when he saw the look of sorrow on her face.

"My lord, I'm sorry," she whispered. She paused, unwilling to say the final, wounding words to this brilliant young man, who she admired and respected so much. "I can't." He looked away for a moment.

"Please," he said hoarsely, causing her heart to clench, "call me Tarsus." She almost cried, nodding softy. "I know that you can't," he continued. "I know that you won't." Abruptly, he lost his composure, dropping his head into her lap, sobbing. "Forgive me," he choked. "Forgive me!" Taken aback, Zara nonetheless reached out to him gently, pushing his head back to cradling his face in her palms.

"What is it...Tarsus?" she asked.

"Please, please," he shuddered. "Tell me. Tell me if I have hurt you irrevocably. If I truly took you against your will. The thought that I may have ruined your happiness has haunted me..." Zara stared at him. "I did not know what else to do," he cried brokenly. "If only you had asked me to free you, I would have gladly died to set you free. I thought I was so smart," he hissed bitterly. "I thought I could save you from them without revealing myself. I should have known that one can't use people like chess pieces. I wish I could rewrite what happened," he told her. Racked by a new storm of sobs, he sank to the floor, curling up into a ball. Breath coming raggedly, he screamed without sound, clutching at the floorboards. Zara stirred. Getting to her feet, she pulled at his shoulders.

"Tarsus. Tarsus, get up," she told him. Unresponsive, he continued to shake violently. "Tarsus, get up!" This time, her voice was commanding, severe. He allowed her to help him up, still sobbing, but obedient. He stumbled, blinded by tears, but Zara simply scooped him up, carrying him over to his bed. She threw him onto the mattress, her roughness startling him, making him choke back his sobs to look at her.

"Strip," she told him. Confused, he obeyed and lay back, watching her, wide-eyed. Once again, she gazed at his beautiful body, remembering. He waited apprehensively, submissive, but clearly awaiting some manner of painful punishment. Slowly, Zara slipped out of her own clothes, her skin gleaming in the lamplight. She stood before him for a moment, and Tarsus felt as if he were melting, turning into nothing but the tears he struggled to hold back. Her beauty tore at his heart. Their eyes met and he was startled by how gently she looked at him. He had expected to see hate, or rage, or even cruel satisfaction that she had him willingly helpless, laying here before her.

Softly, she padded across the floor to him, watching him intently. Her fingers reached to touch his skin, and she froze, afraid of what she was about to do, afraid of what it might mean. She looked again at his tear-stained face, in one glance seeing the cherubic baby he had been, the inquisitive child, the gentle, awkward adolescent, and, finally, the courageous young man bent on finding the truth. What was done could not be undone, and for this moment, Zara would not have undone the past if she could have.

"Tarsus... Let us rewrite it, then," she whispered. Slowly, she crawled up onto the bed, straddling him on all fours. Her breasts brushed his chest, nipples hardening, her soft skin sliding lightly over his like the kiss of silken cloth. Chills pricked his body, making him tremble spasmodically. Tenderly, she bent to kiss the vulnerable hollow on the side of his neck. Tarsus closed his eyes and shivered, laying quietly, afraid to break the spell. Zara settled down onto his warm body gingerly. Placing her head against his chest she listened, barely breathing, to his heartbeat as it raced at the feel of her touch. Her own heart quickened its pace and she began to kiss her way down his chest to his navel, relishing the taste of his skin. Hesitating a moment, she continued downwards to carefully explore his nether regions, running her tongue along the insides of his legs, nuzzling her nose into soft hair.

She watched his body's reactions with enjoyment, thrilling every time she heard him draw a hissing breath. Gently, her mouth wandered over soft, tender skin, nibbling at folds, licking curves. She worked her way down his legs to his ankles and lightly kissed the arch of his instep, nipped delicately at his toes, and smoothed the hollows of his ankles with her fingers.

Moving back up, she looked down into his face and he slowly opened his eyes. She smiled at him encouragingly. Tentatively, he reached up and pulled her hair out of its soft bun, letting it fall in waves over her shoulders to pool on his chest, sliding across his flesh like the finest velvet. A few tears escaped the corners of his eyes, and he tilted his head back slightly, lashes veiling his eyes, his lips reaching every so slightly for hers. Zara gladly bent to meet them, kissing gently at first, the kiss deepening gradually, her tongue seeking lightly to flirt with his. They felt as if the kiss would never end, as if, perhaps, they would sink into each other irrevocably.

Between her legs, Zara could feel a light tickle as his body reacted to hers. It brought a sweeping rush of heat over her body, concentrated deliriously at her core. She trembled, the muscles in her legs rippling. Her hips opened of their own accord, and she lowered herself down to press against his hardness. Gasping, Tarsus arched his back, hips rocking. He gave a strangled moan as his shaft slid along the plush slickness of her lips. Quickly, he looked to her face for reassurance. Her eyes were closed, head thrown back, her lips part in a serene smile. At last his body relaxed completely, joy spreading through his being. His movements became more sure now as he allowed desire to overtake him.

"Zara..." he whispered, trembling as the burden of guilt lifted, leaving him awash with overwhelming bliss. She rolled her hips, gently massaging his cock with her smooth, wet inner lips. The head of his shaft caught for a split second, poised at her entrance, then slid away again.

"Oh, Zara!" he cried, jumping as a shockwave traveled down his body. Bending his head, he lightly sampled her nipples with his tongue, making her gasp. Enthralled with her body, Tarsus allowed his hands to skim over her bronzed flesh, feeling the giving softness of hidden places, the hardness of muscles, the arch and curve of bones. He buried his face in her breasts, suckling, tugging, gently licking. She shivered and whickered softly, passion making her limbs seize up, pull closer towards him.

Every inch of her was exquisitely sensitive to his touch. She felt the muscles in her lower abdomen clench as his fingers gently sought out all of her secrets. The silken skin of his cock slid across her inner thighs and she kissed him fiercely as desire washed over her. The delicate mouth of her pussy tightened, then opened involuntarily, accommodating and waiting. Every fiber of her body was begging to be joined with his. At last they couldn't stand it any longer. Zara moaned, begging, and reached down between her legs to guide him into her. His heart nearly pounding out of his chest, Tarsus arched his back, and thrust up to meet her with a cry of desire. Their bodies collided with blinding heat, his thick cock pushing steadily into her-- slowly enough that she could feel every inch slipping through her folds as he buried himself in her. They pressed close for a moment, faces cradled against the other's neck, bellies sliding together with each uneven breath, her breasts firm against his skin. Slightly rocking his hips, he pushed into her further, making her gasp.

Sitting up, she began to work her hips up and down, shivering with intense pleasure. Her hands cupped her breasts and massaged, her fingers playing over taut brown nipples. He was driving up into her, his thrusts harder and more desperate. Moaning, she collapsed on top of him, her legs trembling too much to hold her up. Rolling over she pulled him on top of her. "Oh, God," she whispered. "I want you so much...."

He shoved into her again, plunging his full length into her cunt, up to the very base. Shrieking softly, she pushed up to him, fingers raking down his back. He began to thrust faster now, pulling almost completely out each time before sinking his cock back down into her warm depths.

"Harder!" she cried. "Please, fuck me hard! I want to feel all of you."

Her back was lifted completely off the bed now, her hips pressing up to meet his every thrust. He hooked her legs over his shoulders and slammed into her, the feel of her hot wetness intoxicating, her muscles almost sending him over the edge as they clamped down around his cock. A wonderful heat filled her as his cock pumped within her, releasing into her excruciatingly sensitive passage. Groaning, she clutched him to her, tossing her head wildly as spasms overcame her body. His eyes locked to hers with dark intensity as they reached their climax simultaneously.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Zara?" Tarsus whispered from where he lay at her side.

The pair lay tangled on his bed, legs entwined, his head resting in the hollow of her neck, mouth pressed against her skin. One of his hands was cupping her breast softly, uninhibited.

"Mmmmm?" she sighed stirring as if from a deep and pleasant sleep.

"I love you." He put a finger to her lips. "You don't need to answer that; I'm not looking for a response. Just tell me one thing..." He flipped over onto his belly, propping himself up on his elbows. One of his legs nested between her own and she shimmied down against it without thinking, sighing.

"Will you think about my..." He blushed slightly. "My proposal? You can take all the time you like. I'm not really going to be going anywhere." He shifted, trying to see her face in the shadows. "Will you?"

She looked up at him, words sticking in her throat. At last, she nodded. His face glowed with delight, and, slowly, she answered his smile. Gently, he ran his fingers down her chest and across her slim stomach to brush, feather-light, at the 'V' where her thighs met. He grinned wickedly at her little gasp. "Perhaps I might attempt to persuade you further?" he suggested mischievously. A luxurious "Mmmmm..." was all she could manage to say in reply.