Redwood Nine Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chico showed them to the rooms and they rode down to the end three units and parked in front. They took the bags off and carried them inside, putting them close to them, under the beds. Chico said he had to take off and go see Marietta, before they left in the morning, so he made sure they knew how to get back to the clinic okay, then hugged each man, before getting on his bike and headed towards Bakersfield.

Chico had every intention of making up time to travel over two hundred miles, what ever way he could. The moment he was upright, coming off the on ramp onto I-5 north, he twisted his throttle wide open and the Harley belched out the V twin's happiness to play along. Chico couldn't even read the blurry numbers on his speedometer, as it started closing in on one hundred MPH. He leaned forward, cutting down on his drag and let the bike pick where it wanted to run happily.

The Los Angeles section had him lose some precious minutes, keeping it just above the speed limit, but pushing it every chance he felt he could get away with it. The night air was cool and rushed through his hair, blowing it back behind him, as he continued to wear his shades to block the wind. Once he was away from the core and the bright highway lights, his hand twisted towards him more and more, slowly climbing up in speed to where he needed to be. The signs for Bakersfield came up and Chico headed onto SR99 and the western side of town. The cheap motel wasn't all that great to look at, but Marietta was happy to have it and was able to save some money staying there, hoping one day to be heading north to Berkeley and going to school.

He pulled into the lot and went towards her unit, noticing the lights on and smiled that she was in and awake. He got off his bike and knocked at the door, then saw the curtain open and close quickly, before the lock was opened and she opened the door to him. The smile he had for her began fading quickly, as he saw the state of her face. The more the light was cast upon it, the more Chico could see the bruises and black eye, as well as the split on her lip and swelling gum line.

His face was a mix of rage and sadness, not knowing which to feel first. Marietta moved to the centre of the room and stood nervously. Chico came to her and gently held her to him, not wanting to cause her any more pain. Marietta assured him he could hold her, as she clung to him tightly and began sobbing hard on his chest. Chico kissed and stroked her hair, unsure of where to start on what happened. Marietta spared him the confusion to decide and opened up.

"It was Joe and two of the other guys, the ones who were at the counter. You left with the gang and when the other people left the restaurant, they took me in the back and did this to me. They said it was all my fault and called me a cheap, Mexican puta, a cono. They...they...raped me, Chico, all three of them."

Marietta couldn't go on any more, breaking down and clinging to Chico desperately, hoping he wouldn't turn her away in shame and disgrace. Instead, she felt his arms hold her tighter to him, assuring her, she was still wanted by him and cared for. Chico sat her on the bed and calmed her down, so he could have a better look at her. He wanted to take her to the hospital, but she refused and wouldn't even entertain the idea of filing a police report against them. She was in fear of her life and he knew she only wanted to be away from there and end the terror.

He was beside himself on what to do and knew in his heart, only one thing would satisfy his blood lust for payback, Joe. He told Marietta he needed to take care of something and she held onto him, knowing he was bent on revenge. He broke away gently, trying to assure her he wasn't going to do anything to get into trouble and would be back for her shortly.

"Pack what you need, Marietta, I'm taking you back with me. I have a place you can stay and be safe. It won't be hard to get a job, I promise. I'll take good care of you, mi corazon, I swear."

Marietta held him with all her being, as she heard him say what her heart needed to hear. Whether it was all true or not, she felt more at peace after hearing it. She wanted to kiss him, but her lips were barely healed shut and painfully swollen. He kissed what he could of her face with passion and said he'd be back in an hour, or so. He walked out and got on his bike, his face turned away from Marietta, his expression becoming one of pure hate and malice. He wore that expression, until he pulled into a station and up to the booth. He grabbed a plastic gas can and filled it up, then left it beside his bike, while he went in to pay for it, explaining that a fellow rider ran out of gas, way back at the junction. He felt that gave him a plausible cover story, as he left and held the tank in his lap, riding back out and on towards the diner.

He killed the engine and coasted as far as he could, before he stopped and pulled his bike off the road. He leaned it on the stand and took the gas can and looked for anyone about. The station was closed, as was the diner, but the lights above the diner, told Chico, that Joe was home and awake. He spotted two cars around the side and smiled, knowing they belonged to Hank and Doug, his two fat buddies he hung out with and played poker together, just like a night like tonight. He went to them and looked at the window above them, then back at the cars.

He opened the door to both cars and liberally poured gas in them, then he began circling the areas where there was a means of escape. He poured a good amount up and down the staircase, doing his best not to make any creaking sounds and finally finished the can off, trailing a line away from the building towards his bike. He looked at the place with the men inside and lit his lighter, bending down to the ground. He dropped the lighter into the liquid and it erupted into a flame, moving quickly along the line of gas. He kicked it away and put it out, stuffing it in his pocket again.

Chico got on his bike and fired it up, watching the fire begin to catch on the wood siding of the building and stairs, the flames racing up the sides and covering the windows. He waited long enough to see the door open, then close quickly again, knowing they had no means of escape, then pulled out onto the road and opened the throttle wide, leaving the event to play out as he hoped.

Before he pulled onto Panama Lane again, he looked back and saw the night sky aglow with the blaze from the flames, then the first explosion rocked through the air to him, then the second one. The burning cars provided added colour to the inky blackness, as Chico rode back to see Marietta. He was miles away, when he heard the first siren responding to a call, then the propane gas tanks at the back sent out a deafening blast, the fireball roiling into a living mushroom, as it rose into the night sky. That made his face set a little looser, but the look was of pure vengeance served, as a small smile curled his lips, feeling the traces of the blast wave hit him.