Redwood Nine: Season 02 Ch. 09

Story Info
The Tangled Webs We Weave.
9.4k words
4.74
6.1k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ch.9 The Tangled Webs We Weave

Marietta stood looking at Chico, her half-naked body glowing with the sun behind her. Chico pulled on his pants and held his hands out to her, to come to him. Marietta stepped into him and felt his arms around her, smiling at the feeling of him.

"Marietta, mi amante dulce, odio tener que dejarte." (my sweet lover, I hate to leave you)

"Chico, don't be too long with the guys today. I want to spend some time with you. You have been so busy, making the clubhouse and the addition here, I hardly see you and I miss you, mi amor."

"Si, I know, Marietta. I want to spend more time with you, too, but I have to do these things with the club, you know?"

"I know, but it doesn't stop me from feeling the longing in my heart."

"Mine too, We will have all day, once we take care of things."

"You are a good man, Chico. You do what you need to do and I will be here waiting for you."

"You and the other girls are picking crops today, yeah?"

"Si, They need to be brought in and stored for winter. We are going to learn how to make preserves today. Golden's grandparents taught her, so we will have something called jam and jelly."

"Jam and jelly?"

"Si, I don't know what they are, but Golden says they are nature's decadence. We should have some ready by tonight, so you can taste them."

"Cool, sounds good, Baby. Okay, I got to go now, JT wants us at the clubhouse early to take care of things. I hope all this shit ends soon, I want to get back to doing what we like doing best, Baby, loving each other."

"I love you so much, Chico."

Chico looked deeply into the darkness of her eyes, seeing the intensity of her feelings for him. Her hands were eager to express those same feelings, as she touched his face and arms. Chico hugged her tightly, his arms engulfing her with his love, showing her his feelings in a way he could express. For a lack of words, Marietta knew exactly what he was feeling and telling her. She was happy to look in the mirror again and saw no more signs of the abuse, letting her mind put it in the past, so she could believe in a better future again. Her bared breasts were flattened against his torso, but she knew Chico could feel the hard points of her desire, showing him her passion to love again.

"I love you too, Marietta. I'm so happy that you've liked living like this. I was so worried you wouldn't dig it and wouldn't want to stay."

"Chico, you said these people would show me love and help me deal with the rape and they have. Every one of them has shown me such beautiful love and I have come to love them too. I have never been loved so much in my life, until I met you, now your friends. I have never seen such care shown for each other. No one is allowed to be unhappy and any problems one person might have, are shared by the others and it is taken care of."

"I'm glad you see that, too. I like these people, they're good people, like I said. I wasn't sure you know, if you could understand all this stuff, but I see you now, you're beautiful face, the happiness in your smile, how God damn sexy you are. I like seeing you like this. You look free, like a bird that can fly away and do anything it wants."

"I do feel free, Chico. Star Rider is even teaching me what he knows about accounting and other things, so I can do well when I finally go to Berkeley. I so want to go, Chico, my heart is aching to be there and learn, so I can make us a better life together."

"Marietta, I will make that dream come true for you, I promise. When we come back tonight, I will know if I have some news for you."

"What news, Chico?"

"If dreams come true, or not."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see. I have to go, Baby, they're starting up already."

"Okay, Chico. Ride safely and come to me tonight."

"Later, alligator."

Marietta smiled at the humour, as Chico gave her a quick kiss on the lips and a pat on her ass, before dashing out the bedroom and outside. All the guys were on their bikes, warming them up and saw him come out, doing up his cut.

"Sorry amigos, just talking to Marietta about some things."

Lenny sat on his bike beside Chico's, as he came around to the left side. He held a pointed finger and made a circle with his other hand, then slid the finger back and forth through the hole.

"Have a nice talk, did you?"

"Fuck you, Lenny. I actually do more than just fuck my girlfriend. I talk to her about things, you know?"

Lenny saw the anger at his reference to having sex and held his hands up to Chico, showing no offence given.

"Sorry man, not like it was a bad thing I said. No one here would blame you for wanting a last taste before leaving, would you, guys?"

The others saw the conflict and wanted to start the day off on a good note, but Lenny was right in his assumption of what took Chico so long. Chico looked around and saw the shoulder shrugs and other body language, to show they agreed with Lenny.

"Yeah, guess so. She is a hot mama, my Marietta. I could spend all day with her, making love."

"So could I. So could every guy here and in there. Shit Chico, every girl in there thinks she's hot too."

Chico at first took offence to Lenny, saying he would like to do the same to Marietta, then realized every guy was again agreeing silently and he had to think of past experiences he had seen himself, involving Marietta and several of the girls. He shrugged his shoulders, tossing off anything offensive about it and smiled broadly, his teeth showing, in typical Chico fashion.

"Guess I picked the best one in the bunch, eh?"

That raised some objections from the guys, feeling their woman was equally as attractive and desirable.

"I'll put Cindy up against Marietta any time, man. Your woman is fine, don't get me wrong, brother, but Cindy can do some things to you, that'll change your mind."

"Hey, guys, we could have this argument all day, about who's chick is better than the other, but we have a friend to see about, unless you forgot? Want to get that hog howling, Chico and we can talk titties and ass, when we get back."

"Right on, JT. Ready to ride in a second."

Chico did all his start up routine and jumped down, the engine starting and in seconds, burbling out sweet exhaust notes. He twisted the throttle several times and it ran smoothly, before he shifted it into first gear and nodded to JT. JT smiled back at him and motioned with his hand to move out, as he clutched and shifted into first, taking control of his brothers, as he led them to their first mission of defining the club's level of criminal involvement. One to be known as murders, thieves, drug runners and above all, anarchists.

As they rode through town, despite their efforts to control noise levels, the continuous rumble of thunder caused heads to turn their way. As the guys glanced from side to side at the townsfolk, it became noticeable to them, that there was a different look on their faces. Unmistakeably, it was admiration they saw. The people had been made aware of their loss, the common sorrow and shows of support, the aid to the victim, Marlene, guarding her with their own lives and an unspoken belief, that they would help put an end to the tragedy and help them feel safe again. Even they were understanding the need for necessary evils to be present, to avert the real danger of something actually happening.

The hesitant waves showed a beginning to their acceptance, bringing smiles out on the guys, happy to let them know how they felt. To their greatest happiness, they all waved to several, small boys on their bikes, making them feel special with the friendly acknowledgement. Stares were always there, but the focus of emotion was ebbing, from disdain and more to tolerance. As they left the downtown core and headed towards I-99, the sound of a siren going off in short bursts, had them turning heads and pulling over.

Officer Needham got out of his cruiser and nodded hellos to the guys, as he passed them to go to JT. That made the stop a friendly one and the guys began following behind him.

"I saw you guys passing and needed to bring you up to speed on where we are in the investigation. We have a witness who spotted a blue Corvette leaving the scene of the cemetery shooting, and a description of a guy, that seems to match the identity of the first shooter. We're looking state wide now for anyone with a black, Caddy Coupe de Ville and anyone owning a blue Corvette, 64-65 model years. Once we start getting some matches to cars and the descriptions, we'll start going through them all and see who's who and hope we find our guy."

"Great, Kev, that's great news. Oh, sorry, Officer Needham."

"That's okay, no one else around to worry about it. Yeah, so that's where we're at and it shouldn't be too much longer, before we start narrowing the list down to some good potentials to look at. So, you guys going somewhere?"

"Yeah, just headed down to see some friends in Stockton, stop in and see how Clay's grandpa is doing, that sort of stuff."

"Nice. Hey, you guys have a safe run down and Clay, hope everything's okay with your granddad."

"Yeah, hey, thanks."

Clay shook Needham's hand and several patted his back, as he walked past. He smiled and waved, as he pulled out and did a U turn, heading back into town. JT had the bikes readied and they were happily on their way to commit an act of sin, they had been told since childhood, would damn their souls for eternity. No one cared about eternity, or their souls, only the ending of one worthless soul, in repayment of a priceless one.

The highway became theirs, the constant roar of exhausts and headlights glaring, warning those in front to give way to the club, as they made their way south. Hearts were steeled against conflicts of morals and values, as they prepared themselves for the damnation, every mile they got closer. They would call from Bakersfield, letting Jimmy know of their arrival to the area. That would give them an hour to get set up and in place, while Jimmy put the plan in motion to send Clive to his final destination.

Clive pulled into Jimmy's driveway on time, giving Jimmy plenty of time to talk about things and get him prepared to go. Vinnie was sitting in the living room, while Jimmy was out on the patio, relaxing on the chaise lounge and basking in the sun. Vinnie let him in and showed him out to the patio.

"Hey, Jimmy, great day, huh?"

"Very, nice day, Clive, a very, nice day. There's some iced tea on the table and some glasses, help yourself to a glass. Make sure you get some ice in it, keep it cold for you."

"Yeah, thanks, Jimmy."

Clive went to the table and poured himself a full glass and took and long drink, then filled it up again, before sitting on the padded patio chair close to Jimmy. He never saw the looks shared between Vinnie and Jimmy, showing their dislike for him, but those looks were changed back to the facade they had to wear, to make sure no suspicions were raised, as he turned to come back.

The guys pulled into the parking lot of the burned out diner, Chico's friend Fernando, no longer behind the counter in the kiosk. JT went into the phone booth and dialled Jimmy's number, putting the second phase into motion. Vinnie heard the phone and went inside to answer it, coming back out with the phone, trailing an endless phone cord behind him. He handed it to Jimmy, who knew to look at him like he didn't know who was calling.

"It's the guy, who has the Caddy."

Jimmy took the phone and sat up, putting his attention into his part now.

"Hello, you are the gentleman who has a Caddy he wishes to sell, am I correct?"

JT laughed quietly, knowing that's what Jimmy's cover was.

"Yes, I do. We're at our first stop and we'll be gassing up here and heading to the location, so we'll be there in twenty minutes or so and get set up. You can send the asshole to me anytime in the next ten minutes or so, okay."

"Yes, I love that about them too, excellent riding car, very smooth and very powerful. How many miles are on it, if you don't mind me asking?"

JT played along with the charade, so Jimmy didn't feel too silly doing it.

"Three hundred and fifty thousand."

"Three thousand and fifty, you must not drive very much, then?"

"Only to do hits on assholes."

"You had regular service on it, I presume?"

"Sure. I got head in the back seat every day, might even been a few shot spots still on the seat."

"Great, great. I love the seats in them too, very comfy to sit in. Normally I drive, but some times it's nice to sit back and be chauffeured around, you know? So, how much you asking for it?"

"A shot to the head."

"Sounds reasonable. I would have asked the same for mine. I can't make it out there myself, but I have two associates who will come out to buy it. You are okay with cash, I presume?"

"Or blood."

"Great. I will have that in large bills for you. All you need do is sign the title and we can conclude this transaction of ours. It has been a great pleasure talking to you, Mr, Winston."

"You too, Jimmy. Now send the fucker my way and let's end this fucking thing with a happily ever after."

"My father would agree with that, too. I look forward to driving the car and promise it will be very well taken care of."

"Thanks, Jimmy, talk to you soon."

"Thanks again, yes, you too. Goodbye."

Jimmy hung up and smiled, knowing everything was going according to plan and he would be enjoying the efforts of another's labours, so that he would see an increase in his luxurious lifestyle. Clive looked at Jimmy, waiting to hear how much it was going to cost him.

"You, my friend, are very lucky. The car I had to destroy, cost me sixty six hundred bucks. This guy, who you're buying the exact same car from, colour and everything, is only fifty five hundred. You heard me tell him I'm sending a couple of associates to pick it up. Vinnie will drive you there, you pay the man, you carefully, and I do mean carefully, drive the car back to me and I will be in a much better mood, when I see you again. This thing, between you and Mar, it's over, done. I took care of it the other day. Now, from here on in, you do not fuck up one thing, do I make myself clear?"

"Sure, Jimmy. Honest, thanks, I won't fuck things up again, promise. I'll even prove to you that I deserve my position back, too. Wait and see, Jimmy."

"We'll see. For now, go get the guy's money and Vinnie knows where this place is, so he'll drive you out there. Oh, Clive, one thing. No fucking guns, okay? This is a civilian and he doesn't need to be seeing iron hanging off you, capice? Leave it here, till you get back."

Clive did as he was told and took his holster and gun off, then put his sports coat back on, leaving his only real chance at survival on the table, beside the man who was sending him to his doom.

"Vinnie, make sure everything goes as it should, just in case. I miss my car."

"Gotcha, boss. I don't think we'll have any problems, do you, Clive?"

"No. Take fifty five hundred to this guy with the Caddy, make sure he signs the title, bring the car back here, making sure there's no scratches or dents on it, job done, Right?"

"You understand it well enough, now let's see if you can follow that."

"C'mon, Jimmy, don't be like that. I made a mistake, I'm sorry. It won't happen again, because the bitch is taken care of, like you said. I should a put two in her head, instead of the chest. Fucking tits saved her life, what can I say?"

"I don't want to hear about that shit. You piss me off enough already, making your problems, my problems. You know that's not a good thing. That's a very bad thing, but my father feels you should get a pass, because she was a cheating bitch."

"Hey, Gianni's the best. I owe him big time for this and I'll make it up to him too."

"Sure. Now you two, get going and get my car already. The fucking guy will think you're not coming, or sell it to someone else. That would really not be a good thing."

Clive knew to shut up and count what blessing he got. To him, fifty five hundred to save his ass, was worth every penny. He followed Vinnie to his car, where he held his hand out for the keys. Clive dug in his pocket and somewhat regretfully, dropped them in his hand. For the first time since he owned it, he sat in the passenger seat and felt lost. Vinnie started it up and pulled out of the driveway, heading off towards the mountains, far off in the distance.

The guys had arrived at the location and would divide up into two groups. JT would be the road block, while Piney came up from behind and cut off the escape. Vinnie would stay where he was and they would take Clive from the car and drag him into the wilderness. The closest person living anywhere near the spot, was two miles away, making the chance of being noticed almost impossible. They went into the woods to find a spot that fit their needs for an execution, finding a large, dead tree, that had been hit by lightning and was charred from it. Its haunting appearance amidst the thriving forest around it, made it suitable for the deed. Tom pointed out a small pack of coyotes watching them from a distance, letting them know nature was ready to do its part, once they had finished theirs.

Vinnie tried to make the trip seem pleasurable and talked like friends with Clive, joking about things and remembering old times together. As much as Clive enjoyed the conversation, he began getting a feeling everything wasn't as it should be. Vinnie had never been that friendly a guy to him before, but maybe his new position had changed who he was and he was trying to act his new role out. As pleasant as everything was, something didn't sit right with him.

The guys looked at watches and knew the time was coming up, so they went to their waiting areas out of sight, about a half mile apart and watched for the car coming. They weren't sure of what car they were coming in, but the fact that no one came out here, made whatever car, the one to stop. The echoes of the Corvette's high performance engine, growling out the notes, let them know it was time to get set. Lenny was up in a tree, facing in the direction JT and the others were in and used his knife blade to reflect the sun at them. He flashed it three times, then slid it back in his sheath, climbing down again.

JT and the others saw the flashes and started their bikes, following JT along the winding road to the spot. Piney and the others watched carefully as the Corvette passed, then started up their bikes and followed Piney from out of their cover.

Vinnie saw the bikes pull out and follow him, but paid no attention to them, keeping Clive unaware of the trap about to happen. Clive happened to glance in the right rear view mirror and saw the reflection of four riders behind them. He could see they were a fair distance back and staying there, so his worry level dropped again. The spot was coming up and they rounded the bend at the same time JT and the others were coming from the other way. They were fanned out, so there was no chance to go around them, making it necessary to slow down and stop. Clive became worried and looked at Vinnie to react. Vinnie looked at him and put the car in park, instead of reversing back, as the riders stopped and began getting off their bikes. Clive began to panic and remembered his back up piece. He pulled it out and saw Vinnie hold his hands up, then noticed the guns each biker was pointing, was at him and not Vinnie.

"What the fuck is going on, Vinnie?"

Vinnie turned and saw the small pistol come up, Clive unsure of where to point it. He reached over and snatched the gun from Clive's hand,

"I do believe these guys have an issue they would like to talk to you about."

"What? What issue? I don't even know these guys."

Clive was looking at the four men coming closer to him, the guns all aimed at his head, making him in total fear of his life. The five bikes came up from behind, then Clive could hear the cocking of hammers and knew those guns were aimed at him as well.