Redwood Nine: Season 03 Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, got a point there. Okay, I'll get around to Hank's and let him know about this cow."

"Oh, her name is Tinkerbell, she likes being called that."

As a show of agreement, Tinkerbell shook her head and made her cowbell clang.

"Okay, Tinkerbell. I'll let him know that."

The Sheriff backed out, the guys waving to him, then they walked with Tinkerbell to the house.

"I guess you miss them like we do, don't you, Tink?"

Tinkerbell nudged against JT and mooed lowly, then stood at the steps, as the guys went inside. The place was a complete disaster zone, the bullets shredding the chairs and furniture, anything that stood in their path. Bullets had destroyed the case of albums, as well as the stereo, all of it in pieces on the floor. They went into the kitchen and every cupboard was shot, the contents of canned goods and their preserves that they made, dripping into sticky puddles on the counter. The floor held clues of someone dying, possibly two, so much blood now drying on the tiles.

They left the kitchen and went into the addition. The scene was too ghastly and gruesome to walk into. So much blood and brain tissue was splattered everywhere and they knew six of the girls had died there. Keith looked to the tub without blood and knew Gloria had drowned there, trying not to get shot. They left the bathroom, the image burned into their minds, as they went upstairs to collect what they could. They went into every room and gathered up anything of a personal nature and used a pillow case to put it in, keeping each person's belongs separate. Pictures were gathered, as well as paintings and artwork. Crafts of all kinds were brought down, adding to the list of memories. The flag that hung from the staircase was taken down, The sheet with a large Peace symbol painted over a pot leaf on top of the American flag, added to the significance of what the commune meant, was folded carefully. Posters were taken down and they went through the albums to see if any records were spared. The bullets had managed to go through every one and they tossed the crate down.

They looked around at everything, seeing if there was anything else, then Chico came out with a couple of jars of preserves from the kitchen.

"Still got some of these. Four more in the bottom cupboard."

Otto went in and grabbed the jars and he and Chico shared the load. The hash and hookah went into a pillow case, as well as any pot or LSD they found. If anyone did a check now to see what went on, the commune would be spared any darkness to their memories. There was nothing left to take, everything gone over twice or more to make sure. They walked out and saw the Sheriff and Henry Wiggins trying to get Tinkerbell to go into the cattle hauler.

"Let me give you hand with her guys, hang on."

The guys loaded the stuff into the trunk and came over to them.

"She's not that easy to get her to do things. Let me try."

JT went and took Tinkerbell's collar, soothing her and talking to her softly. The cow nuzzled him, feeling safe with him.

"We have to take a ride, Tinkerbell. Come on, you'll like where we're going."

JT tugged gently to get her to move, then she followed him into the hauler and tied her up. He walked out and Henry closed the gate behind him.

"You made it look easy."

"She just likes to be treated gently and spoken to. Like I said, she's sort of the family pet, more than a cow. Better take the chickens, ducks and geese too. Don't want them to just be left behind. They're sort of like pets too."

"You sure do some strange things here, but they sure are good things."

"Yeah, that's kind of what it was all about, Henry."

"Say, call me Hank, all my friends do."

"Okay, Hank it is. So yeah, when you get her home, just talk nice and be gentle, she's been through a lot."

"Yeah guess you're right there on that. I'll be as gentle as I can, JT. I'll take extra good care of her."

"That's all I can ask for. Okay, we're about done here Sheriff and thanks again for all your help."

"My pleasure. You boys take care and hope to see you out this way some time."

"Maybe. Going to come and see Walter often, make sure he's okay, so we might see you there."

"That's real nice of you. I think he'll need all the help he can get, adjusting to everything."

"Yeah, we think so too. Alright, we're heading back now and see to more things that need doing."

Sad smiles were shared and handshakes given and accepted, then they rode away and back to Charming. The realization that would probably be their last run to the farm, started setting in, knowing there was nothing left to go there for. They pulled into the lot and rode down, then began unloading everything into the clubhouse. They were going through things, when a horn blew outside. They went out and saw the glossy, black Cadillac Fleetwood limo pulling up. The driver got out and opened the door and held it, then Gianni Cacuzza stepped out, followed by Jimmy. Jimmy immediately went to JT and hugged him, then introduced everyone.

"JT, this is my father, Gianni Cacuzza. Dad, this, is JT Teller."

"Gianni, a real pleasure to finally meet you."

JT held his hand out to him and Gianni looked at it. He stepped past it and took JT into his arms like his own son.

"My boy, you have gone through too much. We are not here about our business arrangement, we are here to help you conclude your business. This, and I mean this, is a terrible thing to happen. You are like one of our own and we will take care of you as such. You are not to worry about the cost of anything, That will be taken care of. Whatever you decide to do with your people, we will see that it happens."

Gianni was as big as Marlene had described, but she had never mentioned how caring and loving a man he was. He couldn't believe he was hearing how they would be taken care of, the comfort of the man's hold of him, making him believe his words.

The show of kindness made JT get a bit weepy, his emotions still hard to keep in check.

"It is good to cry about these things, JT. No one can fault a man for showing his love of family like that."

"Thanks Gianni, thank you so much."

The two hugged strongly and then JT went to Jimmy and did the same.

"Hey, we're like brothers now. Told you, you'd make a good paisan. We will put this right again. Trust me, trust my father. When we say it will be so, it will be so."

They were just about to head into the clubhouse, when Unser came into the lot and drove up. He got out and looked at the well dressed men and knew they had to be mob related, but had no idea who they were.

"Wayne, what's up?"

"Just came to tell you, that Star is going to make it. He made it through the night and he's off that machine."

"Aw Wayne, that's great news. Thanks, Buddy."

"You're welcome, JT. So, are you going to introduce me to your friends?"

JT looked at Jimmy and Gianni, letting them decide to release their identities.

"You must be Deputy Chief Wayne Unser, am I correct?"

"Yeah."

"JT has spoken very highly of you to us. I'm Jimmy Cacuzza and this is my father, Gianni Cacuzza."

Wayne's mouth dropped open at knowing who he was standing with. The reputations of them was commonly known, but nothing of a personal nature was.

"A pleasure to meet you, Jimmy, Mr. Cacuzza."

"Please, call me Gianni. Would you care to join us? We were just going inside to talk about making arrangements."

Wayne was going to decline and then remembered what the chief was wanting to do.

"Yeah, yeah, I got something to share with you guys about that. Let me call in and let them know I'm here and staying for a bit."

Wayne went to the cruiser and radioed in, while the club led their guests inside. Gianni was given JT's chair and he sat beside Jimmy on the couch. Coffee and tea were offered, but declined, as Gianni made himself comfortable and lit a cigar. The pungent smoke filled the air, when Wayne came back in.

"Geez, that's a strong smell. I kinda like the smell of what you guys usually smoke."

"What is that, Deputy Chief Unser?"

"Oh hey, while we're here, just call me Wayne, makes it easier. The smoke I was talking about is the pot these guys like to do. Getting used to it, kinda."

"By all means, gentlemen, if you wish to partake, it's your house."

That made their faces perk up a bit, having a chance to mellow out a bit and tone down the agony inside. It didn't take long for nimble fingers to start rolling and passing out several joints. They lit them and passed them back and forth, getting looks from Gianni."

"You share them to smoke it?"

"Yeah, it's kind of what it's all about. It brings people together and we share with them and become friends. It's why they call it the Love Drug."

"Interesting. I myself am not overly fond of the aroma, but please, enjoy."

"Thanks Gianni. So, how are we handling the arrangements then?"

"Maybe I should go first here and let you know what's going on."

"By all means, Wayne, share with us your news."

"The chief and the mayor were talking last night and they feel it's the town's duty to help you guys, for what you done and all. They're putting something together to help you guys out with everything and taking care of everyone, proper like."

"Really? That's great. What do they want to do?"

"Not sure, but when I heard you was talking about arrangements and stuff, I thought I better tell you what's happening already."

"Still, that's really great, Wayne. This makes things easier to deal with. I'm still waiting to hear from the parents that have been told. You here from any of them yet?"

"Yes, Suzy's parents are in town and Lorraine's mom is coming in soon. Most of the others will be here tomorrow. Haven't been able to get too many of the commune's parents yet. It would help to know some real names.

"I can help you there. We had a big tell all night and shared their names with us."

"Great, great, I'll get those from you later. I believe Gianni was wanting to talk about his stuff, so I'll let him finish."

"Thank you, Wayne. Yes, as I was saying outside, whatever you need to have done, it will be done. Now, where is your best funeral parlour, I wish to make sure the best caskets are bought for these people."

"That would be Dubrowski's, they handled everything for Jake and my mom. They do a real good job."

"About your mother, I wish to express my condolences on her passing, I heard it wasn't so long ago that this happened."

"Yeah, last fall. Thanks Gianni, nice of you to mention her."

"A mother is a terrible thing to lose."

Wayne was totally amazed at who he was sitting with, hearing such heartfelt words and the generous benevolence towards the club. It seemed to contradict with all he thought he knew about them and what they were known for doing. It became a lesson in knowing who was on both sides and who were the real bad guys. They sat for an hour discussing things, reminiscing about some as well, then Gianni said they had to go and would be staying at the Holiday Inn. It seemed the mob enjoyed being there and wondered how often their hotel had played host to such people.

Unser left as well and the club enjoyed the quiet moments to relax into the blessings of the herb's power to calm the spirit. JT walked over to the office and sat at the desk. He knew he had to accomplish one more thing, but he was finding it hard to come up with words, without the emotions racing in to haunt him. He did his best to pull himself out of the depths of despair and took some blank paper from the drawer. He picked up a pen and looked at the blank sheet, then wrote two words and stopped. He looked at them and knew it would tear at him to continue writing and put the pen down and walked out of the office back to the clubhouse. The sheet would sit for two more days, before he picked up the pen and continued from, Dear Clay.