Redwood Nine: Season 03 Ch. 13

Story Info
Patches.
7.4k words
4.75
5.4k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 13: Patches

Jimmy listened to JT's plans of expansion and how it involved him. The idea was sound enough, but the trust factor wasn't coming in to play like he would like. JT and his crew were one thing, but unknowns wearing the same patch, wasn't inspiring him to sign off on it and give JT his blessing. Heads thought on the situation and Lenny came up with an idea that seemed appealing to Jimmy. The problem wasn't the increase in retail goods, that was easy to deal with, it was the face to face that Jimmy wanted to be comfortable with. Lenny explained that they would be in charge of warehousing all the goods from the other chapters, then keep the same procedure in place so nothing changed on Jimmy's end.

Jimmy looked at Lenny and then the rest of the club, as they sat in his restaurant and talked after hours.

"I think that will satisfy my needs, if it goes as you say it will. Like I said, it's not you guys I worry about, it's guys you bring in that don't have the same connection to us. This gives me the peace of mind, knowing my business isn't in jeopardy. You know how bad a thing like that can be."

JT reached out and Jimmy shook his hand, solidifying the deal.

"So, if this is good with you, is Gianni going to go for it too?"

"My father will be okay with this arrangement. As long as nothing changes on his end, only making more money, I see nothing he will be opposed to."

"Great. I think we'll make some good money out of this, Jimmy. We're looking at potential places to start new chapters and Nevada has some good spots to set up in. If we can get started over there, we can do our runs and start a warehouse somewhere where we can either ship direct, or you can pick up the goods. That would save time and money for both of us."

"If the warehouse is in a safe place, my father will be okay with that. Like I said, it's who's running it that matters to us."

"Tell you what, Jimmy. How about we have a couple of our new guys get it started with us and once you get to know them and feel good with them, then you'll feel better dealing with them."

"That sounds reasonable to me. I trust you'll make sure these people pass our standards."

"I'll make sure, Jimmy."

"This has been a very interesting meeting. To be honest, JT, my father and I had a feeling you would fold the club after all that happened."

"Fold? Why?"

"Most would look at that as a good reason to get out of that way of life. You and your guys are doing the opposite and expanding, that takes guts to do. You know what is out there to face, yet you're willing to do it anyway."

"Jimmy, we love our club and there's no way we're giving that up. We know that if we want to stay as a club, we need more bodies wearing a patch like ours and show some strength. If we can set up a bunch of charters, we have that strength and a chance to increase our financial outlook too. We aren't going to give up the money we're making, so the only choice is to make more."

"Very admirable. I respect that, JT. Our business operates much the same way. How are you on protecting your interests?"

"Until we get more members, it's still just the eight of us. We have our guns, but that's as far as protection goes at this point."

"We can help with some better guns, if you are in need of them. We can assist in protection if you require our services again."

"Yeah, I noticed the hardware your guys carried around. Not sure M60's and bazookas are what we need, but an assault rifle or two will make a noticeable statement if anyone wants to mess with us."

"Those can be arranged. We have access to military issue weapons and you are welcome to whatever you need to protect yourselves."

The guys looked at each other and agreed the rifles would make a difference going up against another club. Pistols made things close range, while rifles took that distance to one of comfort. With business concluded, Jimmy motioned to the bodyguard at the door to have food and drinks served and smiled at the guys.

"Time to celebrate our new arrangements."

The door opened and two waiters wheeled in carts loaded with covered trays, then placed them on the table and uncovered them for Jimmy's approval. Jimmy nodded and the waiters left them alone to enjoy the meal and drinks. The guys liked doing business with the Cacuzza's, every meeting more like a party of sorts afterwards.

After fuelling up in Palm Springs, the club began the ride to their first destination, fifty miles north to San Bernadino. They had noted a number of riders that lived in the area and showed an interest in the club on past runs. Now it came down to how serious they were about patching in with the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club. Pulling into the parking lot, the guys noticed several riders already present, sitting on their bikes and talking. Heads turned when they heard the club pull in and got off their bikes. They greeted the club and went inside the dimly lit bar and sat apart from the other patrons.

Two beers and a couple of joints later, five guys had agreed to join the club and form a chapter in their area. JT told them they'd have to come to Charming to be fully indoctrinated and get their cuts and patches as a prospect. They had a six month trial period to prove themselves, after which, they would become full patch members and wear them on their cuts. It was decided to cut the probation time in half, so they could put some bodies on bikes. It was undecided who would assume which position and rank, but a vote would be taken on who would be the best leader among them, based on their abilities and devotion to the club. Wheezer Nelson was the only one to ask a question and JT took notice of him after that. He wanted to know if he was allowed to recruit more members and if so, how many.

JT explained the need for an odd number of members, so a vote wouldn't be left in a stalemate of even votes. Wheezer knew of four other guys who he thought would be good prospects and JT said they should come with them and he would vet them himself. Arrangements for a run to Charming were made by the new prospects and JT and the guys welcomed them to the fold. They hugged and shook and in minutes, the bikes were fired up and one more stop was on the list for the day's meets.

Fresno was a two hour run north, about the half way mark to Charming and an ideal location for their retail business. The network of highways allowed good transportation of goods and warehouses were well stocked with items of value to them. The dusk was setting in and headlights were turned on, as they pulled off 99 and into the mall parking lot. To their surprise, there were more bikers there than they expected, some looking like club riders already.

After a meet and greet with the dozen riders, they headed a short distance to a pool hall bar and parked. At first, the playing and drinking stopped, as eyes turned to look at the small army of bikers. The large, burly man behind the bar waved and pointed to the back area where no one sat and a prospect with them, waved back and smiled. Piney looked at the biker and then back to the man behind the bar, stopping momentarily to talk to him.

"You know that guy?"

"Yeah, that's my brother, he runs the place. We hang out here most nights."

"Cool, makes for a safe location. He has no problems with you guys becoming club members?"

"Nah, he's the one that said we should join up. Figures if we're going to ride around all day, might as well be something, if we do."

"I like him, smart guy."

"Yeah, he is. He'd be riding with us, except his old lady would kill him if he started riding again."

"I take it she hates bikes?"

"Oh, no, she doesn't hate bikes, she loves riding. She'd kill him if he gave up this place. They have two kids and a house to look after."

"Gotcha. So he rides?"

"He taught me and half the guys here how to ride. He's been riding a bike since he was twelve and our old man taught him, so it's like he knows riding real good."

"Cool. So your dad was a rider, or what's the story there?"

"Yeah, dad used to ride in a club, like ages ago. Used to ride with a club up north, but he was killed in an accident, along with a bunch of other guys."

The events sparked off bits of memory in Piney's mind, putting them together and he had to wonder if there was a connection.

"What club did your dad ride with?"

"Oh man, this was a long time ago, like back in the fifties, you know, so I doubt you heard of them."

"What were they called?"

"East Bay Riders."

Piney's eyes went wide in surprise at hearing the name.

"You're fucking shitting me? Your dad rode with the East Bay Riders?"

The young man looked at Piney with surprise as well, seeing his recognition of a now defunct club of yesteryear.

"You know them?"

"Know them? Come on."

Piney walked the man to the back and joined the others, who were just settling in to a beer.

"JT, we have ourselves a legacy here. Seems this guy's dad used to ride with Jake and Art."

"Wow, you know Uncle Jake and Uncle Art?"

JT looked at the happy surprised look on him and smiled back with his own sense of familiarity.

"Yeah, we know them. What's your name?"

"Scott Forester, my dad went by his nickname, Geezer."

"You're Geezer's boy, no way?"

"You knew my dad?"

"No, but Jake told us about the day he died. Sorry to hear how he died, that was a shitty way to go."

"Yeah, but he went out riding and that was how he would have wanted it. Mom didn't want his bike back, but my brother Jerry did. He put it back together, I helped him and he's ridden it for years. It's still sitting around back, mom said he could keep it, but not to ride it anymore, but he still takes it for a ride anyway."

"This is so fucking bizarre. I have Jake's old bike and I'm riding it."

"No way, you have the blue Harley?"

"Yeah, I parked it for a bit, so it wouldn't get damaged, that's why I'm riding the chopper now."

"Far fucking out, man. I'd love to see that bike again. Uncle Jake used to take me for rides on it sometimes, when I was just a kid."

Everyone else sat there listening to the conversation, hearing the past meet the present. The prospects had known of Scott's past affiliation with club riding and was one of the reasons they were interested in joining up with him. To know the club they were contemplating joining, was familiar with Scott's past and shared history, made the new club more of one they wanted to be a part of. The past decided to blend with the present at that moment and Scott was the melding instrument.

"So, why did Uncle Jake give it to you? He loved that bike and said he'd never get rid of it."

JT looked at Scott and his smile faded, Scott's happiness fading as well at the change.

"Hate to tell you this, but Jake was murdered last year. He left his bike to me in his will."

"What? Uncle Jake's dead? No way."

"Afraid so, man."

Scott was beside himself trying to fathom the news. He turned to his brother at the bar and caught his attention. Jerry saw the grief on his face and wondered what had happened. Scott waved him over and Jerry came from behind the bar and over to him.

"What's up, little brother?"

"Jerry, these guys knew about our dad and know Uncle Jake and Uncle Art. JT said Uncle Jake is dead. He was murdered last year."

"What? Is that true?"

"Yeah, sorry man, but it's true."

"Who murdered him? Why?"

JT could see the meet would be put on delay, knowing this news needed explaining and this wasn't the time or place.

"Piney, you want to go over things with the other guys, I better explain everything that happened to Jake, to them."

"Yeah, sure JT, I can do that."

JT walked with the brothers to the back office and sat with them. Jerry and Scott were on edge, wanting to know what had happened. JT gave them a brief synopsis of how they met Jake and Art and told them what they knew about the East Bay Riders. He went on to tell them how he and Piney worked for Jake and why he left them everything. Jerry and Scott were happy to know the two men they thought of as uncles, had remained good friends after the break up of the club, but wanted more than anything to know why Jake had been murdered. JT brought them up to speed on Marlene and her husband and what had transpired between them. When he told them he had been shot while lying in bed, the two wanted to enact revenge, but JT assured them that justice had been carried out. There was no mention of the club doing the hit, but it satisfied the pair that Clive Brock met an end that was fitting for his crime.

The three sat and talked about the old days and what they knew about Jake and Art, sharing the stories about those they admired, respected and loved. Jerry pulled a bottle of scotch from a drawer and took three souvenir glasses from a shelf behind him. He poured three healthy shots in each, then they began toasting and paying respects to the fallen. They shared memories and some thoughts on the future, getting a better feel for each other and who they were. JT was feeling right at home with them, the easiness of their rapport segueing from one topic to another. They would have talked longer, had it not been for the knock on the door. Jerry opened it and Piney was standing there, looking at them with a questioning look.

"JT, we're about done out here and the guys want to know if we're making it back to Charming tonight, or what?"

"Shit, sorry bro'. We got caught up talking about things and didn't realize the time. Yeah, we need to figure what we're doing. It's late and we have at least a two hour ride back. Maybe we should look for a place to crash for the night and head back in the morning, what do you think?"

"Yeah, I'm not keen on putting any more miles on my ass today and the guys aren't either. Guess we need to find a motel that doesn't mind bikers there."

Jerry listened and interrupted them.

"Hey, I can help you out there I know a place you can stay at. My old lady has a friend who runs a motel on the other side of 99. I can make a call and let them know you guys are coming. Not fancy or anything, but the beds are good and the sheets are clean."

"Sounds good, Jerry. Hey, you haven't met my buddy. Jerry, this is my best friend, Piney. Piney, Jerry."

The two shook hands and then Scott shook his hand as well. Jerry made the call and hung up.

"You're good for rooms, JT, Piney. Consuela said two guys to a room and no women, or pets."

"Well, we don't have any women and Piney might be a big, hairy motherfucker, but I'm sure he won't be mistaken for a pet."

Piney punched JT's arm hard and made him wince in pain and look at him.

"Like you look any prettier?"

"Sorry man, it was just a joke."

"Bad joke."

"Okay, sorry, I won't say that shit again."

"Thank you brother, apology accepted."

The four went back out to the table and told the guys about the sleeping arrangements and they quickly decided who wanted to sleep with who. Keith was upset that no one wanted to sleep in the same room as him and all the guys spoke at once saying he snored too loudly and farted in his sleep. Keith shrugged his shoulders in acceptance and said someone had to sleep in the same room, whether they liked it or not. The locals began laughing at how they acted towards one another, making them feel more friendly with them.

"I'll settle it. Keith, I'll share a room with you, but keep the farts down to a roar, will you?"

"Thanks, prez, I'll do my best. It's no my fault, it's the bloody food we eat. It gives me gas, so it does. I did'ne fart like that at the farm, we ate good food there."

That made things uneasy among the club, just another reminder of what was. Where JT used to wonder alone, more of the members were remembering what was and what was no more. The changes in their lives weren't always easy to accept, some being thrust upon them violently, some gradual, but still upsetting to the spirit. Hearts were getting covered with protective armour against the deep painful hurts of life and Fate was hurling as much as it could at them, letting them know it wasn't finished with them yet.

Farewells were made and arrangements to get together with the brothers was offered. Scott and Jerry were both eager to pick up where they left off and talk about the past and their father and his friends. The new recruits all came out to see them off and watched and listened, as eight bikes roared to life and moved as one, letting them know how a club rode. No one had any second thoughts about joining, more so, they were eager to patch in and be somebody, someone who would gain respect from just looking at them.

The club enjoyed a decent and well deserved sleep, even Keith's snoring didn't bother JT from getting a good sleep, although the farts upon waking made him shake his head and hurry up to dress and leave the room. They ate a good breakfast in the motel's on-site restaurant and thanked Consuela for everything, leaving her an extra fifty dollars over and above the charges. She was happy to welcome them back anytime and watched them go, as they headed back to 99 and the trip north to Charming. Consuela looked at the fifty dollar tip and stuffed it between her large breasts and patted them, as she headed to the rooms to strip the beds.

Sitting in the clubhouse, they talked about the new prospects and what they thought of them. San Bernadino still looked iffy, as some of the guys didn't seem ready to devote themselves to the club, but more what they could get out of the club by wearing a patch. If they had to, they'd drop those guys from the roster and look for new ones that were more about the club, than themselves.

Fresno became an interesting conversation topic, the guys agreeing that every guy that showed up, looked ready to commit to the club. JT held up the new cut to show everyone.

"I think the new guys will be happy wearing one of these. Skinny just finished making us thirty of them and has twenty more to go. I like the leather, feels good. My cut is getting pretty beat up from riding and these will block the wind better too, not to mention get the bug shit off after a ride and... it comes with a pocket to hold a pistol and ammo."

JT passed the cut around and continued talking about Scott and Jerry, wishing Jerry was joining as well.

"What do you guys think about Scott being the president of the chapter? I'm leaning that way myself and wonder what you guys think. He's young, but he's got years of knowing what a club is about, where the other guys don't."

The guys had no problem agreeing with JT's thoughts about him, all the prospects being good picks to join, but Scott had an edge to him that stood out. JT slammed his palm on the table to settle the vote and ushered in the first addition to their membership. Piney looked at the cut quickly and passed it to Otto beside him. JT saw he wasn't impressed by it and asked why.

"I like my denim cut, I don't want to switch over to leather."

"That's cool. If anyone doesn't want to switch over, the old cuts are still acceptable. It's not mandatory for anyone to wear the leather one, but all new members will have to."

That made those that liked their denim cuts happy and the decision passed quickly.

"Next item, our new prospects. Where are we with those?"

Three locals who were riding, had an interest to come out and see what being a member would be like. Two sounded hopeful, while one sounded interesting. Lenny said he was a bit young, but very enthusiastic to join. He took everyone back a couple of years and reminded them of the kid he raced on the bicycle, when they first went out to the lake and met Chico. He was only fifteen now, but ready to wear a patch if he could. He could already ride and had an old BSA Super Rocket, he had repaired and modified. He was turning sixteen shortly and wanted to be a mechanic, so he might be too young right now to join the club, but he could work the shop while they were gone and keep things running.

12