Regrets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,701 Followers

I rushed to the hospital and Mum was in the waiting room. She told me that Harry, her husband would be there shortly. The doctor came out and told us the news.

"Darcy had her an inflamed appendix burst. Luckily it was caught in time and she is being prepped for surgery as we speak. The operation will take less than an hour and then she will be in recovery for another hour or so. I expect that she will be here for a few days. We want to make sure there are no complications."

The doctor left and I walked into the hospital chapel to pray for Darcy. I was also asking for forgiveness for myself. I felt in some way that I might even be responsible for her bad appendix. I was praying and crying when a man tapped me lightly on the shoulder.

"She will be alright, son." I looked up and it was my ex-father-in-law, Harry. He hasn't spoken fifteen words to me in the past three years. We both said a little prayer for Darcy and then went out and sat with Mum.

We all sat in silence until Mum asked me about the kids. I told her that my mom was going to pick them up from school and take them to get a change of clothes and take them to her house. She would see that they were taken to school the next day.

"Your mom's a fine woman. How has she been doing lately?" asked Harry.

"She and Dad are doing fine. They were hoping maybe to see you two during the coming holidays. They think an awful lot of you and of course they love Darcy and the girls."

"Tell her we'll give her a call about getting together. They are nice people and your dad is a great partner to have when playing cards. The women can never beat us," he laughed.

"Harry, you know that's not true. We have beat you a few times," she smiled at her husband."

The doctor came back out and said that the operation went well and that Darcy was in recovery. She would be moved up to her room in a little while. I said in a low voice, "Thank God," as a tear welled up in my eyes.

Harry told his wife that he was going to go get something to eat. He didn't have a chance to eat lunch. He asked us if we wanted to come along and I told him that I wasn't hungry at the moment. Mum asked him to just bring her back a coffee. We headed up to Darcy's room. While we were waiting for her I needed to ask Mum a question.

"Mum, for these last three years I have been shunned by almost everyone in your family and mine. Everyone but you. Could you tell me why you haven't ridiculed me like everyone else?"

"Rhett, what I'm about to tell you goes no further. Will you promise me?"

"Of course, Mum. I would never divulge your secret to anyone. It's just that you are so nice to me, compared to everyone else. If I didn't love Darcy and the girls so much, I'd be long gone."

She took a deep breath and looked me straight in the eyes. "Shortly after Harry and I got married, he went into the service. I was young and lonely and had a short term affair. It hurt me so much that when Harry came home I told him. I couldn't build our life on a lie or secret like that. He didn't say a word but just stared at me for the longest time. I thought for sure I had lost him.

"Then he said to me, 'Do you promise from this day forward never to cheat on me ever again as long as we both shall live?' I said, 'Harry, I love you with all my heart and soul, and yes, I will be true to you for the rest of my days, if you will forgive me.' He said that we would never mention it again or talk about it, and we haven't."

"I promise never to mention it, Mum. I sure wish Darcy would have given me that option. I've grown up a lot in the last few years."

"Rhett, every person looks at cheating a little differently. It is wrong and ruins most marriages. All people have their own way of dealing with it. In my case, Harry forgave me. In yours, Darcy is having a hard time with it. Only time will tell."

They brought Darcy up to her room. She was still pretty much out of it but Mum talked to her and gave her a kiss. I sat down in the chair next to her bed and held on to her hand. I don't even know if she knew if I was there until she turned her head to me.

I had tears in my eyes when she asked, "Where are the girls?" That was the kind of person she was. Always worried about everyone else.

I explained about Mom taking care of them and she had only one thing to do and that was to get well. She looked down and saw me holding her hand. I was afraid she was going to pull it away but instead she just smiled and fell asleep. I didn't want to let go but I had to use the restroom. I gently laid her hand down and got out of my chair.

She slept for the next couple of hours. In the evening a lot of family and friends came to see her. No one stayed long, because they knew she needed her rest. After everyone had left I sat back in a chair and let her sleep. I just wanted her to know that I was there if she should wake up. Mum and Harry said their good nights to her and said they would see her in the morning.

When the nurse said that the visiting hours were over, I told her that I was Darcy's husband and I wasn't going anywhere. This hospital had a policy that a family member could stay but had to sleep in the chair. The next thing I knew I was out like a light. I woke up a couple of times during the night and saw that Darcy was sleeping. She looked so peaceful.

I awoke the next morning when the doctors and nurses were making their rounds. Darcy looked over at me and asked, "Have you been here all night?"

I nodded my head and said, "This way I can tell everyone I slept with you."

She actually smiled at me. I told her that I had to go home and clean up a little but that I would be back later to see her. I wanted to try and kiss her but there were too many nurses doing their jobs.

I went home and cleaned up and stopped by my mom's to make sure the kids got off to school alright. Mom gave me a couple of pictures that the kids had drawn to take to Darcy. She mentioned that Mum and Harry had called to let her know that Darcy was doing okay.

I went back to the hospital to see Darcy. Harry went to work and I sat there with Mum. I gave Darcy the pictures that the girls had drawn. They had written, 'Get well soon, Mommy' on their pictures. Darcy had dozed off and Mum and I had a couple of nice discussions. I asked her who Darcy had been dating lately and she gave me that look.

"Rhett, you know better than to even ask that question. If Darcy wants to tell you her personal business, then it's up to her."

I walked out and got a soda and then walked back into her room and sat down. She told me what the doctors had to say. She asked me to make a few phone calls for her. She needed to cancel some appointments and she wanted the school to know she would have to be off for about six weeks. It would take her into the holiday season so the doctor told her not to go back till after the New Year. She had a lifting restriction.

She handed a note to her mother and asked her to make a call for her. I figured it was her date. I didn't figure she wanted me to make that call for her. Mum and I sat around and talked to Darcy. Every now and then she would get a visitor. Most were relatives or work friends.

This guy came in and walked up and kissed her gently on the lips. I guess it was more of a peck but it caught my attention. Darcy kind of looked over at me. I just turned back and talked to Mum, but inside I was jealous and my stomach was turning.

"How are you doing, Darcy? Is everything okay? If you didn't want to go out Saturday, you didn't have to do anything this drastic."

"Jeff, you know Mum and this is Rhett, my ex-husband."

He said hi to Mum and just nodded hello to me.

Mum suggested that she and I go to the cafeteria and get a bite to eat. I knew better than to say no. I really didn't want to be there right then. We headed to the cafeteria and Mum thanked me for not making it any harder on Darcy than it already was. After we got done eating I had some things I had to do and I didn't really want to be there anymore. We headed back up to Darcy's room.

"Darcy, I told Mom I would pick up the girls. The doctors say you will be getting out tomorrow and Mum said she is taking you home. If you need me for anything, please call. I'll be there in a jiffy."

"Thank you, Rhett," she said. "Thank you for being there for me."

"Can I kiss you goodbye?" I asked.

"I'm probably too weak to fight you off."

I leaned over and kissed her. It was a very gentle warm loving kiss. "Thank you, Darcy," I said as I turned and walked out the door.

For the next few days, I came over everyday after I got off work. I cooked dinner for the kids and for Darcy. I waited on her hand and foot. Darcy was always watching me very closely. I hoped she could see that I was really trying and that I had changed. I stayed to make sure I did any lifting she needed done. After I saw the kids to bed, I would say good night. I didn't even try to kiss her. Things were going too good to rush anything.

Darcy told me she had done her Christmas shopping but wondered if I could help her wrap the presents and help the girls decorate the house for the holidays. I was happy that she asked me to help her; I just needed to prove to her that I had changed, I had grown-up. She put things in boxes and I had the girls wrap them. They didn't even know they were wrapping their own gifts. It made Darcy laugh and of course that made me feel really good.

I asked Darcy if she and the girls would come to my mom's for Christmas dinner. I told her how much Mom loved her and the girls and asked me to ask her. She said she would get back to me after she talked to her mum.

Christmas Eve arrived and all the decorations were up and the presents were wrapped. I showed up at the house. The last couple of years I spent the holidays at home by myself. Darcy had called me and asked me to come over.

"I talked to Mum and she said for you to come over tonight and celebrate Christmas Eve with us. It's not right spending it alone when you have family. Call your mom and tell her to set three extra plates for tomorrow and to make extra noddles." I had tears in my eyes as I walked to the phone.

"Mom, Darcy said to set three extra plates for dinner tomorrow and you will probably have to make extra noodles." Mom asked to talk to Darcy.

"Yes, Mom, we love you too... right... okay, Merry Christmas to you too Mom, and tell Dad we'll be there."

We went to Darcy's parents' and they treated me nice. It wasn't like old times but definitely better than it has been. At one point when I went to the bathroom, I heard Darcy and her mom talking in another room.

"Honey, it's none of my business but I have to tell you that he still really loves you."

"I know, Mum, I know."

When it was time to leave, Mum handed me a whole pumpkin pie. "Merry Christmas, Rhett, this is for you." I gave her a hug and a kiss.

"Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too, Mum."

We left and I took Darcy and the girls home. "Do you want to come in for a Christmas Eve beer?" asked Darcy.

"I'd love too," I replied. I'd do anything to be with my family for an extra five minutes.

The girls started getting ready for bed. "Good night, Dad, see you in the morning. Be here by seven or we'll call you." They hugged me and kissed me goodnight. Boy, they were growing so fast.

I would always come over to watch the kids open presents on Christmas morning. It's the one thing that made Christmas what it is to me. I was sitting on the couch, looking at the tree and thinking what a lucky guy I was just to be there with my family. Darcy handed me a beer and sat next to me.

"Rhett, thank you for helping with the kids and helping me with Christmas this year."

"Honey, don't thank me for doing what I'm supposed to do and want to do. I know you don't want to hear it, but I love you. I always have and always will. I did some really stupid things and am paying for it dearly. I was weak-willed and wrong. I was a kid that had to hit bottom and see what he lost before that stupid light came on in my head. I can't change the past. God, I wish I could. Maybe I was just too immature, but by losing you, I grew up."

She just stared at me. She wasn't saying a word. I finished my beer and started to get up.

"Rhett, it's stupid for you to drive a half mile and get up in a few hours and come back. Do you want to sleep on the couch? Then you'll be here in the morning. Besides you might see Santa Claus. He comes tonight, you know." She was smiling at me.

She got up and got me a pillow and a blanket and I laid on the couch. I could hear her taking a shower and smell the scent of her perfume. The only lights left on in this part of the house was the Christmas tree. I laid there as I heard her come out of the bathroom.

She came in and looked at me. She had on a red silk and lace negligee that I had bought her four years ago. I stood up and looked at her.

"You look so beautiful."

"Kiss me, Rhett, kiss me now."

I kissed her and I kissed her again and again. She looked very nervous.

"What's the matter, Honey? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm not sure what to do. I miss you so much and want you to make love to me. Right now I don't know if I'm doing the right thing."

"I love you, Darcy, I want you to trust me but I don't deserve your trust. I will promise you that I will do everything in my power to make you happy. I need that second chance to prove my love for you. Only you can grant it to me."

She didn't say a word but took my hand and guided me through the hallway and into her bedroom. The only light was from a nightlight that she kept on. We closed the door and she slipped off her negligee. I stripped completely also. She laid on the bed and I sat next to her and leaned over and kissed her.

I slid my hand down her belly and onto her mound. I pushed my fingers forward into her moist sex. I couldn't believe how wet she was. I then did something that I have never done to any woman. I got up and got between her legs and started eating her out.

"Rhett, what are you doing? No, that's so dirty... but feels so good." She was whispering.

"Honey, I have never done this to any woman ever. But I love you so much and I can't believe you taste so good."

I buried my face into her pussy. Sucking, licking, tonguing, and kissing, whatever it takes to make her happy. She was bucking while holding onto my head and I felt her climax. I felt her juices all over my face as she moaned to high heaven.

When she let go of my head I reached down and took my t-shirt and wiped some of the juices off my face. I climbed up next to her and kissed her open-mouthed, at the same time rubbing her breasts, gently massaging them.

I pulled my head back and she said, "You know, I do taste pretty good. You can eat me out anytime. I never thought it would be so good or I would have let you do it years ago."

I climbed up and put my cock between her legs. "Darcy, do you want me to wear a condom?" I asked.

"Only if you think you need to. I know I don't need it," she said.

It had been at least four months since I had been with anyone and it was Alice. I figured I was pretty safe. I guided my cock into her wet pussy. She squealed at my first entrance.

"God, it's been so long," she whispered.

I started out with a slow gentle pumping action. As I sped up she met me stride for stride. We were like two teenagers doing it for the first time. She put both her hands on my ass as I shot the biggest load of my life into the pussy of the woman I loved.

--------------------------------------

On Christmas morning, the sunlight was shining into the room. Darcy and I were both awake. We could hear Amber and Britt talking.

"Britt, something special has happened."

"I know, Amber. Santa came, right?"

"No, something even bigger."

"Okay, what's bigger than Santa on Christmas Day?"

"Daddy is in bed with mommy. He must have spent the night."

"Do you think it means he might be staying?"

"I don't know, but let's go surprise him and mom."

The two girls came running into the room. "Merry Christmas, Mom, Merry Christmas, Dad. Hurry up and get dressed. Santa's been here and we have a lot of presents to open." They ran out of the room as we both got up and I got dressed except for my t-shirt.

Darcy looked at me. "You forgot to go back to the couch, didn't you?"

"No, I did go sleep on the couch. I snuck back in here about a half hour ago to surprise the girls." I laughed.

Darcy was laughing with me as she put on her negligee. Damn, she looked good. We went out and opened presents and had a great time. The girls were taking their presents to their room when Darcy handed me a small present the size of a paperback book.

"What is this? Another present?" I asked.

"Rhett, I gave it a lot of thought since my surgery. I want you in my and my girls' lives. I'll take you back but there are conditions."

"Anything, Darcy, I'll do whatever it takes."

"For starters, you can't ask me anything about my personal life since our divorce and I won't ask you about yours. We can have mutual friends but Alice is not allowed back over here since she got that full body massage she always wanted."

"You know about that..."

"Also, you have to read this book." I quickly opened it.

"The Lorena Bobbit Story." For those readers who haven't heard of her, she cut off her husbands dick with a knife.

"Yes, I want you to know that, if you ever cheat on me again, what I will do to you will be much worse." She wasn't smiling; she meant what she was saying. "Now, while you and the girls clean up the wrapping mess, I'll make us breakfast. Are you willing to take the gamble?"

"Darcy, I love you and you've given me a second chance. Of course I'll take it." I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her with love. God, how I had missed kissing and holding her.

We were eating when the phone rang. I figured it was Mum calling Darcy so I answered the phone. It was a male voice.

"Darcy, this call is for you?" I handed her the phone. I could only hear half the conversation.

"Hello... oh, hi, and Merry Christmas to you too... it was my ex-husband... No, I'm not going to be dating anymore. I'm going to work on my marriage and make my family whole again... Thank you for being a good friend... right... okay... and Happy New Year to you also... bye."

She never said a word about who it was, but I figured it was probably Jeff. The girls were looking at their mom as Britt asked, "Mom, is Dad coming home to live with us?"

"Yes, it kind of looks that way."

"Boy, this is already a great Christmas and it just started. Welcome home, Dad." Both Darcy and I had tears in our eyes.

Britt was right - it really was a great day. When we told my parents at dinner, Mom started bawling. She made us all cry. It's like she welcomed me back into the family instead of Darcy.

After dinner we went over to Darcy's parents' house. Mum was also a very happy lady. What Darcy didn't know was her dad asked me into another room for a man to man talk.

"Rhett, I love you like a son, but you hurt my little girl. She is giving you a second chance. Don't fuck it up. If you hurt her again, you will have to deal with me. Everyone deserves a second chance, but you won't get a third. Welcome back to the family, Son!"

"Thank you, Sir, and I realize what I lost. Believe me, I won't mess it up again."

Her dad has hardly ever spoken to me about personal things. I knew he meant what he had said.

In the following days I moved what little I had back into our home. I asked Darcy when we were going to get remarried and she told me March 31. It was our original anniversary and she wanted to keep it on the same date.

Darcy asked me if I wanted to go anywhere for New Year's Eve.

"I would prefer to just stay home and celebrate with you and the girls. We could play games and maybe rent a movie. Shortly after mid-night I want to take you to bed and start the year off right by making love to you."

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,701 Followers