Remember... Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yep! Mostly officials or their servants at the embassy, but occasionally, Ambassador Raelin's wife joins us as well."

"That's great! I'm glad you have company."

"Hey, are you busy today?"

Mark shook his head. "Not till four. Did you have plans?"

"Not anymore! Come, I need to go home to shower and change."

Mark walked with her a ways from the embassy, towards a relatively fancy part of the elven quarts. They walked past rows of large, elegant, gated mansions. Amanda walked through the gates to one of them, a white house with burgundy windows. As they passed through the gates, Mark felt a tingle... a sudden change in the magic flows around him.Detection spells,he made a note to himself.Good security.

"That's a beautiful mansion you have," he complimented. "Such a large place in the city must have been expensive."

Amanda smiled. "My father bought it for me a little before I came here," she said as she opened the doors.

Inside, they were greeted by two elven women, who Amanda introduced as Ella and Vin.

The decor of the house was elegantly minimalistic, and followed the same color scheme as the outside. A large central stairway led to the second floor balcony, which then led to hallways and presumably, more rooms. To the right of the staircase was a large guest room. A few chairs and leather couches surrounded a stone table. A handful of paintings hung on the walls, as well as several small sculptures.

"This place is very nice," Mark said.

"Thanks, but I don't spend much time here. I'm usually out most of the day," she led him to one of the white leather couches. "Wait for me down here, but feel free to look around downstairs. I'm going upstairs to take a shower"

Mark smiled. "Go ahead. I'll wait for you."

After she ran upstairs, Mark wandered the lower floor of the mansion while being followed by Ella.

"If you don't mind me asking," the elf said as they entered the kitchen, "what is it that you do?"

"I'm a merchant," Mark said as he observed two cooks, both elven women, preparing some food.

"Is that so? What is it that you deal in?"

"Whatever is in season. My business partner does most of the negotiations; I just make sure the goods arrive at their destination."

"I see. How's business?"

"Very well. Demand, and market price for grain and iron have been steadily increasing for the past few years, so our business has been doing better and better. We have an arrangement with a handful of dwarfs and a group of farmers up north. It has been working out quite well."

"I'm happy to hear that," The elf smiled and nodded. "Feel free to wander the premises. I will inform you when the lady is ready for you."

Mark wandered the house and its backyard, meeting two more elven servants: a maid, Celistra, and the gardener, Falalie. They seemed nice enough, but he noted that they always seemed to be watching him, cautious of the stranger in their house. Finished with this self-guided tour, Mark returned to the guest area and struck up a conversation with Linae and Ellisa, who despite her love of her own voice, revealed very little about themselves, or the household.

Almost an hour later, Amanda emerged from her room on the second floor. She wore a short violet sundress, white stockings, and white ankle length boots. Her wind chime earrings dangled from her ears, and a thin silver necklace hung an emerald charm between her bosom.

"Hi," she smiled to him as she walked down the stairs.

"You look very pretty."

"Thank you!" She beamed.

"Now that you're all freshened up, what are we going to do?"

"Breakfast, of course! The training's made me hungry."

"Where to? There are some nice cafés near the embassy," Mark suggested.

"No, I've already tried them. I want to go somewhere new. Come!"

"Lead the way, fearless leader," Mark chuckled.

At the gates, Amanda turned to her two guardians, who looked on without expression.

"I'll be going out with Mark until mid afternoon, so cancel my other appointments," she said. "We will be fine just by ourselves, no need for you to come."

The two frowned, but nodded. "If you wish, my Lady."

Amanda smiled, and walked outside. Mark followed, giving a friendly nod to Ellisa and Linae, neither of whom responded.

"Are you sure this is ok?" he asked, walking by her side. "I don't think they trust me enough to be going out with you alone."

"But I do. It's fine."

He laughed. "Well, we've technically only known each other for about a day. I'm not sure if you can reallytrustme just yet. And besides," he said, scratching his head, "embarrassingly enough, I don't even know your full name!"

"I guess that's true," Amanda laughed as well. "My last name is Gefen, so now you know. As for how long we've known each other: Yes, it was only a day, but not just any day. After all that's happened, I think I can trust you to take me to breakfast at least."

Mark smiled. As they round the corner and out of sight of the mansion, Mark offered her his arm. "I don't want them to get the wrong idea," he explained, "or the right idea, for that matter."

"Thanks," she said, taking his offered arm. "In the last few months, I've thought about what I was going to do when I would see you, how to not make them too suspicious but when I really saw you today, I just kinda forgot everything."

"I'll try not to make it any worse, though I'm not sure if this outing is helping your case at all," he chuckled.

She shrugged. "Well, since they already saw me tackle you, I don't think this is going to be any worse. I thought I could use this time to spend some time alone to talk with you."

"Oh? About what?"

"Like I promised you, my guardians don't know any details about the night that we met. I've only told them that I was attacked, and a hunter rescued me, and took me to you."

"I see. Thank you for keeping it a secret. Have they looked into how your attackers could have found you? You were in a part of the forest that's not very frequented, so it's unlikely that they just happened to stumble upon you."

"Yes, but they didn't find anything. No one should've known where I was. You know elves are good at keeping secrets."

"I know, but maybe you were being followed, or maybe there was an informant amongst those who knew."

"I don't know. I don't think I was being followed. And an informant... that's impossible."

He shrugged. "Nothing's happened since you arrived in Astrin, right?"

"No," she shook her head, "everything has been normal. My guardians have told me that I'm not being watched."

"That's good. I'll make sure it stays that way today."

"I know," Amanda smiled at him, and leaned against him slightly. "I feel safe when I'm with you. Not that I don't when I'm with my guardians, but..." she paused, "but I feel even more so when I'm with you."

Mark smiled back and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze.

They walked in silence for a while, along the large brick-paved streets and small cobblestone roads, passing stores and restaurants, until they arrived at a small nondescript wooden building. The hostess, a woman with short black hair and tastefully tailored black dress, led them upstairs to the balcony, where they can overlook the street below.

"So how have you been?" Mark asked after they placed their orders. "Do you like Astrin?"

"Mmhmm!" she nodded. "I mean, I got used to the city pretty fast but at first, I wasn't too sure: it was so different from home, everything was so foreign, and I don't just mean the location. People in Luminare are so much more reserved, even in the market district. Here, though, people cheer; people yell... it just feels so alive. After about a month, I found myself loving it here."

"That's great," Mark smiled. "I'm glad you like my city. If you have time at some point, I can show you all the interesting places if you like."

"Oh I would love that! I'm usually busy all day, so I never get to really explore the city... not that Ellisa and Linae would let me anyways, even if I did."

"I see," he laughed. "They're just looking out for you, you know. As much as I love Astrin, there are some parts of the city that should probably be avoided."

"I know; but like I said, it's not like I have time normally anyways. This is like the first time I've decided to take the day off in a month."

"What do you usually do during the day?"

"During the week day, I train with Captain Banks in the morning. She says I'm doing very well, and I'm an excellent student," she smiled proudly.

"Good to hear. Captain Banks is a very demanding instructor; few receive her praises," Mark smiled. "I also noticed earlier that you called her 'Lena'. Are you two on first name basis now?"

She nodded with a shy smile. "Yeah, but that's only for when it's just us two."

"I'm proud of you. She rarely becomes friendly with her pupils. You must've worked very hard to earn that."

"I don't want to be helpless if I were ever attacked again," she said thoughtfully at first, but then a conspiratorial smiled crept over her face. "I can't always expect to be saved by a 'hunter'."

"Fair enough," Mark laughed. "I can teach you a few things too. Lena can teach you to fight properly, like a soldier; but when you're ambushed by who-knows-what assailants, you will have to fight dirty- Don't give me that look. I'm serious. Do whatever it takes to win, because you don't know if they will follow any rules of engagement. Those mages certainly weren't going to."

"I suppose. Well, I'd love to find more excuses to see you anyways," she grinned. "By the way, it sounds like you knew her pretty well too."

Mark shrugged. "Yeah. We saw each other briefly. It didn't work out."

"Oh. I'm sorry," she reached across the table to take his hand.

"Don't worry about it. It was for the best; and besides, if we had worked out, I might not have met you!" Mark smiled, and gave her hand a gentle pat. "Anyways, you were talking about what else you do during your day?"

"During the day, I take various lessons, depending on the day: violin, dance, sculpting, painting, and the like. Then, in the evening, I go to the Society for an hour to learn various combat magic from a sorceress, Miss Villa."

"Oh? How is that going?"

"It's ok, I guess. I'm doing well, but..."

"But?"

"But... Miss Villa is also teaching two other students along with me. Two boys, probably barely in their teens, and they're so... annoying! They're constantly chattering with each other about something and laughing, or doing something stupid, and Miss Villa doesn't care to do anything about it."

"Ah, I know the type," he leaned back in his chair and nodded. "Their parents are probably some big shots in the city and paid a lot of money to get them there. Most kids that are there to learn something go through the Society's academy normally, not through tutors."

"Well, I'm there so I can learn, not to play around."

"Can you find another tutor?"

"I'm trying, but it's hard. The Society says their instructors are all busy or something like that. I don't suppose you would have some sort of a connection there, like you did with Captain Banks, would you?"

"I do know some people there that I can ask but honestly, they're probably not high enough up the administrative totem pole."

She shrugged. "Oh well. I'll just keep asking them."

"How about your weekends? What do you do?"

"This and that," she shrugged. "Sometimes, I come out and wander and shop, and sometimes I stay home, to read if I find an interesting book, or practice my magic, or spar with my guardians. Nothing terribly interesting. But enough about me. How about you? How was your trip? I hope you protected my country well."

"Of course! My men performed very well, and we did our jobs. And by the way, let me say that elven healing magic is amazing."

A sudden look of alarm cross her face. "Healing magic? Who needed it?"

"Me," Mark blinked. "Why?"

"Oh goddess! You need to be careful!"

"What?"

"Healing magic isn't used unless someone is about to die! It's not something that we use for scratches and bruises, or even broken bones."

"Hmm," Mark thought for a moment, and shrugged. "Erilin only said that it was difficult to do because we didn't have a healer..."

"What?! Stop. Stop. I don't want to hear anymore," She buried her face in her hands. "I don't even know why you're still alive at this point," She shook her head. Without needing to look, she answered his questioning frown. "Healing without a healer is like... it's like pulling a random drunk off the street to cut your hair, with a scythe, while riding a galloping horse," She looked at him with half closed eyes. "A galloping, bucking, untamed horse. Now are you sure they haven't misplaced or rearranged your internal organs?"

Mark rolled his eyes. "It's not that bad. I'm fine!" He decided against telling her about the spell they removed from his head. "Better than fine. I'm awesome!" He gave her a silly, toothy grin.

"You're just lucky," Amanda fought against the smile that threatened to break through her frown. "The next time you need healing magic and there isn't a healer around, get me to do it. At least I've just been trained, and practiced pretty recently. Those wizards that did you probably haven't healed anyone for like a few centuries."

"Well, hopefully there won't be another time," He smiled at her reassuringly. "I'm ok, Amanda. Alright?"

Finally smiling again, she nodded. "Ok. So what was your job in Mise?"

"Can't say," he smiled with a twinkle in his eye. "It's a secret."

"You have to tell me! I told you everything I did!" she pouted. "At least give me a hint?"

Mark laughed, "Alright, alright. Let just say your Society of Wizards is very happy now that we've done this."

"They're called the Council of Wizardry, you know."

"Whatever," he laughed again, but corrected himself. "The Council of Wizardry is very happy now that we've done this."

"That's good to know. Thank you."

"The contract payout was thanks enough, I think."

Amanda leaned across the small table and motioned for him to do the same.

"Mm?" Mark raised an eyebrow in amusement as he leaned towards her, face to face.

"Muah!" Amanda pecked him on the lips, a grin on her face. "And that's thanks from me!"

"Mmm! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this kind of reward, though."

Leaning in, Amanda kissed him again, deeper this time. Her tongue darted into his mouth, licking, teasing. It took Mark a moment to realize what had happened before he began to kiss back. At one point, he felt the waitress arrive with the tea but he didn't care. In fact, he wasn't even hungry anymore.

"Um. Excuse me," the waitress finally interrupted. She looked rather uncomfortable witnessing this very public display of affection.

Amanda finally pulled back and smiled shyly at the girl. "Sorry about that."

Mark smiled with amusement as he watched the waitress quickly set the tea and pastry on their table, and almost run downstairs. "Maybe you should have toned down the heat on that kiss. She clearly thought we were some crazy pervs."

"Not me. Just you."

He raised an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You..." She leaned in closer to him again, her eyes full of mischief, "are a corrupter of innocence."

"Maybe, but if that's true, that would mean that you're corrupt as well, and just as guilty as me."

"Well, innocence is not so easily lost. It would take many more sessions with you for me to reach your level of depravity."

A playful smile appeared on his face. "That can be arranged."

Silence settled between them as they stared into each other, seemingly daring the other to make the first move. Finally, Mark spoke.

"You know, I'm not hungry anymore. How would you like to have breakfast in bed later?"

Fortunately, the trek to Mark's house is fairly short. Even before the front door fully closed, he had already forced Amanda against the wall, his lips claiming hers. She responded with a moan as her mouth opened to accept him.

The pair groped each other and stumbled to the stairs when suddenly Mark picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. Amanda shrieked in surprise, her arms and legs flailing about until he playfully spanked her.

Amanda gasped, "You hit me!"

"That'll teach you to struggle."

She struggled some more.

Mark laughed as he walked up the stairs, finally tossing her onto his bed.

With her elbows behind her for support, Amanda licked her lips unconsciously as she stared at her lover. Her heart pounded in her chest. Her breath quickened as Mark pulled his shirt over his head, revealing his toned torso. Her eyes trailed lower, past the leather belt, to the bulge in ...

"Hey, my eyes are up here."

"I... um..." Amanda blinked, her face turning a shade pink. When she looked up, she saw a mischievous grin on Mark's face, which then turned into laughter. "Hey!" she laughed too.

"Relax! You seem so tense," Mark pulled her up to him for a kiss. As their lips parted, Amanda nipped at Mark's lower lip, drawing a wince from him. "I am relaxed," she retorted.

Mark gave a small bemused laugh. He gently caressed her face, running a finger along her long pointed ear. Amanda's eyes fluttered as she inhaled deeply, her body lightly trembling.

Moving downwards, he rested his hands on her shoulders, massaging the muscles around her neck until she finally exhaled, her shoulders slumped down. After taking several more deep breaths, the elf opened her eyes and smiled. "That... was really nice. Thank you."

"You're wel- Mmm!" Amanda reached up on her tip toes and planted a long kiss on Mark's lips, quite effectively silencing him. At the same time, she slipped the straps of her dress off her shoulders, letting it fall into a small pile at her feet.

As she pulled away, Mark drank in the sight of her body before him.

"Wow." he breathed.

Clad in only her white boots and stockings, white sheer laced panties, and a matching laced corset, she grinned shyly. "I... ah... This is for you. I thought this would be a... nice surprise." She looked to the side, avoiding eye contact, one hand playing with a length of lace on her stockings, the other self consciously tucking an imaginary stray strand of hair behind her ear.

It took a moment before Mark finally found the words to speak again. "You look... so amazing. I can't believe you wore this for me!" He blinked a few times. Taking her hands with his, he kissed them. This seemed to have a calming effect on her as she looked back up to meet his gaze. "I can't believe you bought this without giving your guardians a heart attack."

Amanda giggled. "I had to attend a couple formal events here, so I used that as an excuse to go on a shopping spree for all sorts of fancy things. And under-things."

"Hmm... clever girl. I think you deserve a reward."

Mark stroked the side of the corset, then down to the panties, then he knelt between her legs as he ran his hands down the length of her stockings before finally taking off her boots. Pushing her back to a sitting position on the bed, he noted the damp spot between her legs as he kissed her laced covered sex. A quiet moan escaped from Amanda's lips as she unconsciously spread her legs - just a little - to allow him better access.

"You... you're teasing me," she breathed heavily. Leaning on her elbows behind her, she tried to pull him up to her with one hand, but Mark would not have it. "Please, don't tease me anymore."

"Don't worry," he looked up from between her legs. "I won't. Don't move. Just lie back and enjoy this... reward from me."

Kissing the sliver of visible skin under her corset, Mark slowly pulled off her panties and kissed each inch of her flesh as it was slowly revealed to him. Amanda whimpered in anticipation as he got closer and closer to her wetness; it was only the fear of Mark stopping that kept her from writhing with need.